Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through the Veil (citizenanon x shani)

Bellatrix's eyes widened when he said she wasn't going, "...I have to go...or it'll be worse...please..." She asked him seeing as she couldn't free herself. "Lucius? My sister's boyfriend Lucius?" She asked wondering what the Malfoy did to him. Continuing to struggle as the burning grew worse, gritting her teeth.

It didn't matter what Bellarix really believed it was just which side would keep her family safe. "Tourjours pur...Always pure...the family is pure....I've always put my family first!" She announced proudly even if her thoughts ended up changing in later years. Granted that wasn't her fault.

Sirius went to his knees next to her and pressed the tip of his wand against her dark mark and whispered an incantation. He could not remove the mark. He had no idea how to do so, but he could remove the pain from its summoning. Sirius stood up and moved so that his lips were near Bellatrix's ear.

"My name is Sirius Black." Sirius said softly just loud enough for her to hear. "In 1996, Bellatrix Lestrange, having been broken out of the prison of Azkaban, sent me through the Veil of Death in the bowels of the Ministry of Magic." Sirius walked back to his seat and sat down to face the witch.

Her breathing grew deep as she delt with the pain until he made it go away. Closing her eyes a moment to compose herself. Staying still, as he moved closer to her. Shocked as he told her about the future, 1996 that was 35 years away. "Sirius...you can't be Sirius...it's not possible...Azkaban...The Veil of Death?...I would never..." This was a lot for her to take in. "...If you went through the veil of death you would be dead not here...I don't understand..."

"Neither do I, Trixie. Neither do I." Sirius admitted, "But I know what you turn into. I know what you are capable of." He shook his head. "I'm not going to allow that to happen." She was responsible for so much hurt. "You understand, I can not allow you to go back to him."

Sirius contemplated what to do now. As a sign of good faith, he removed the ropes. The bindings went slack around her and fell onto her lap. With a bit of movement she would be able to lift them off of her. "If you stick with him, Trixie, the family will die."

"Boy, the years haven't been kind to you have they?" She asked him wanting to know about the future. "What I turn into? I'm not following?" She questioned him what happens to herself. "Oh I understand, but you have to understand that if I stay you all die...as do I..."

When he removed the ropes she caressed where the ropes then looking at her Dark Mark the snake was frantic on her arm circling in and out of the skull as if looking for her. Pushing the ropes to the floor she rubbed her forehead and stood up, stubbling slightly from being knocked out needing to stretch. "If I ignore him we all die...and a huge dishonor would be brought to our name..." Bellatrix stated.

"You can't just keep me here Sirius, If I don't go to him it'll be worse...I still have to finish preparing for the wedding I have a dress fitting to go too then...Shit I have to pick Sirius up from the train station he'd coming home for the wedding then I have to take him/well you tux shopping...there is so much to do and never enough time to do it..."

"And just what will you do when faced with the choice? To kill an innocent person? To murder children? To torture good people to insanity?" Sirius asked and gave his head a shake. "I'm not letting you go, Bellatrix. I don't think you understand. Tom... he fails. He's beaten. Destroyed and our once great family is in tatters and known only as followers of a Dark Lord."

Sirius chuckled. "It's karma really. Such a mighty family. Brought down to one pureblood man and his two cousins." He watched her move about. "Why are you marrying Lestrange? You never appeared happy with him before. Are you chasing after Cissy and Dromeda? Trying for something they have and you don't?"

Bellatrix froze she didn't want to kill anybody nor did she really want to harm anyone either but what was she to do. "If I don't report, he could kill our family he could kill you and innocent child..in all of this...I'll do what I have to do to keep our family safe..." She replied even if she wasn't sure of what to do herself. "When does he fail? How long from now? At this point we wont have a family to look at if I don't go."

Looking at him curiously not really sure what he meant by one man and two cousins. She stopped in her tracks looking away from him, "Well, no that's not it....After Dromeda did what she did, mother an father made sure it wouldn't happen again, they signed binding marital documents and Seeing as Cissy had been dating Lucius she'll marry him when it's her time, and Mother and Father picked Rudy for me...That's all there is I'll make my pure blood marriage and who knows from there...Well you probably do seeing as I haven't gotten that far yet... and No I'm not thrilled about it nor do I love him...but I don't have any other options..." She stated then thought a minute, "Do I...in the future...have any...children?" She asked him curiously. Thinking it was odd to aske but she wanted to know.

"No. You were thrown into Azkaban after you and Rudolphus tortured the parents of a boy to insanity using the Cruciatus Curse until their minds snapped. He never fully recovered. You spent over ten years there." Sirius stood up and paced back and forth in front of her. What could he do? If he let her go, it would not matter. Voldemort would know she was taken. Perhaps he would kill her for even being here with him. He glanced at her occasionally. "There are other things you could do." Sirius watched her quietly. He had already changed the future. Her knowing of him, him killing people. That would make waves. "There's a crazy dark lord. There's a crazy 'light lord'. Truth told, I'm not interested in dealing with either one of them right now. In ways, Albus is just as bad as Tom." Sirius ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"But..." He looked at her. He knew there were others out there. Others like him who would fight the coming fight for the right side. "We could fight. We could save the family. We could make a difference."

Bellatrix blinked a him she didn't know....siting back in the chair she had been tired to. "...Oh..." she said softly looking down. Staying quiet looking at the snake on her arm still searching for her. "There's nothing that can be done Sirius...I'm marked...my fate is written...but knowing what I know now maybe I can still keep everyone safe..." She said sadly never picturing her life going like that. "Albus the crazy teacher at Hogwarts?" She asked he was nuts. "You can make a differance Sirius...If I fight back I'll be dead..."

"Riddle can not kill you through your tattoo." Sirius said. "The worst he can do is cause pain, which is manageable." Igor Karkaroff would have died much sooner than he had if Voldemort could have simply killed someone through their tattoo. "And that crazy teacher at Hogwarts is the man that defeated Grindelwald, you'd do well to be cautious when dealing with him."

Sirius stepped back and forth. "What makes you so certain that you will die if you fight back? You think Tom will come after you directly just because you defect? How can you be certain he does not already think you dead?"

"I know that but in technicallity he owns me...I know the tatoo can't kill me hurt me yes, but not kill me." She replied "If he discovers me not obeying him he will find me and he will personally kill me...I've seen it happen..." Bellatrix replied as it as she didn't want to be at the other end of his wand now. "Oh interesting and they let him teach at the school?"

"I don't think I know Sirius I've seen it fist hand, I wont defy him...plus he's been training me himself do you think I don't know what he's capable of? I know because he is linked to us...he can enter our minds whenever he'd like, He knows when we die he can feel it the marks are linked. He would know..."

Sirius flopped down onto the chair. "There's no changing your mind is there? You're going to go back and join that madman." He chuckled. He should have known. It looked like if he were going to make any changes here he was going to have to do it on his own. "If I let you go, you realize that I will have to obliviate the last two hours from your mind, right?" Sirius asked. If Tom could peer into their heads so easily, then it would be the only thing to do. Why had Snape never mentioned how easily the Dark Lord could use his subjects. Sirius motioned with his wand and prepared to cast the spell. He had learned what he needed to know, but was not getting the ally that he had hoped to obtain. "Oblivi-" he began to cast.

"If I could help you...I would...You being Sirius of all people should know that..." Bellatrix stated she wanted to help from the future he discribe wasn't sounding like what was promised to them. "In the beginning part of me wanted nothing more to be with him by his side and gain the respect our family deserves, part was attracted him...his ideas...his looks his power compared to Rudy he's better in every way...With what the future holds, it sounds like nothing that was promised with a genocide...going to...Azkaban...killing and harming many, I wonder what actually pushes me to do it...Either way the black name would be ruined if I don't go, dying as a bunch of weak cowards...but then my name is ruined in the future..." Bellatrix had begain to rant thinking about everything this was a mess, Tom had lied to them filled them with hope for nothing, for suffering. "If only you arrived months ago..." She said looking at her arm a tear fell from her eye, I wouldn't have been marked, but now my fate is written..." She said sadly, "I wish I didn't have to forget you...you're the only one who makes sense here...Good luck and be good..." Bella closed her eyes waiting for him to hit her with the spell.

Sirius finished his spell and watched as Bellatrix went glassy eyed for a moment. He focused on what he wanted to remove before implanting a false memory of her fighting and attempting to stop the man who had taken down the other Death Eaters, but it ended with her falling unconscious due to a lucky shot. At the very least it would get her into his good graces until he could figure out what to do. Sirius hit her with a stupefy before apparating her back to the alley and left her there.

There was not much to his name and he knew that there was not much that he could do just now for money aside from begging and he did not wish to do that. He needed a way to make money and find a safe place to live, for once in his recent life, walked into Diagon Alley as a free man and just let himself wander around while he thought of what he could do.

Bella's body jerked slightly when hit with his spell her chocolate brown eyes glassing over as a memory was wiped from her mind. Flying backwards in the chair being hit with a stupify. Knocked out cold, when she awoke she she held her head looking around, she was there alone. Looking at her arm as she remembered the fight also noticing her arm warmer was missing. Seeing the snake moving angrily about her arm she quickly disapperated to Tom to explain not knowing how long she had been out for.

Sirius found a warm place in Diagon Alley to rest for the evening and slept through the evening. Nobody bothered him as he appeared as a grim and no self respecting witch or wizard would. When it was well past midnight, Sirius woke and stretched out. He looked around carefully before popping back into his human form. He was hungry, but had no money. An idea had been floating around in his mind since he arrived and now he was giving it some real thought. He needed money and he knew exactly where to get some, but he would have to be careful.

There was a small cache of money kept at Grimmauld Place. His mother kept it there for small expenses. It would be enough to get started. Sirius began casting spells. Silence spells. A disillusionment charm and something to stop anyone smelling if. If he were careful, he would be in and out without being detected.

The robbery went off without a hitch. He had close to one hundred galleons now to his name and could use that to get room and food for the night. The rest he would have to ration until he found a way to get more. The coins were heavy in his hand. He looked down at it for a long moment as he considered his option. It was a golden coin. Solid, solid gold. Pure as he could find it.

Hadn't Lily said something about gold being really rare in the muggle world? Could that work?

Sirius put it out of his mind for tomorrow. Now he needed food and lodgings so he set off towards the Leaky Cauldron.

When the family at Grimmauld Place woke the next morning, they would find a message etched onto the table.

"Two lost, who's next? Will it be you?" It was signed The Grim.

Bellatrix got the brunt of Tom yelling but her hadn't unleased his full fury seeing as she tried to fight back and was knocked unconsious to what her memory showed the both of them when he read her, as easily as a book. When he calmed he had carcessed her hair, making her heart flutter. Being a 20 year old standing in front of her crush especially with the wedding to RUdolphus approaching. Bellatrix had thought she would have been in serious troulbe for not reporting sooner but she had been knocked out at least to her belief. I was too late to continue looking for stuff for the wedding which was a mere few weeks away. She knew she would be fitted for her dress tomorrow. Once dismissed from her meeting with Tom, Bellatrix went home to Grimmauld Place. Her head hurt it felt like her head was exploding it felt like she had been crying, but that couldn't be crying was a weakness.

Once home she enjoyed a cup of tea and ate a small meal unable to eat much not wanting to gain weight before her forced marriage. Narcissa had come running went she had heard the door having been waiting for Bellatrix to return. Hugging her older sister, 'I was so worried, where have you been?' Narcissa clung to Bellatrix, Bella wrapped her arms around her little sister running her fingers through her hair. "I'm okay Cissy, I had to run errands today remember, There was also a fight in town today, some man stood up to the Death Eaters..." Bellatrix said softly not wanting to worry her 16 year old sibling. 'What happened are you alright? You're not hurt are you!?' Cissy looked panicked holding her sister tightly. "Shh I'm alright I was knocked out But I'm okay I promise, here let's get ready for bed and I'll brush your hair the way you like okay." Bella attempted to calm her youngest sister who should have been at Hogwarts but came home for the weekend. Finishing her tea she went to her room, removed her corset, and changed into her night dress. Waiting for Narcissa to come to her room, having her sit on the bed Bella brushed Narcissa's hair. "B-Bella...Can I share the bed with you tonight?" Bella nodded her head, her sister was always so timid it didn't help she 'lost' one sister and with Bella involed in the up and coming war it didn't but her at ease. Laying down she held her sister close and the two difted to sleep.

The next morning Bella told a house elf to prepare breakfast going downstairs she found the note. "Two lost, who's next? Will it be you?" It was signed The Grim. Bellatrix hissed 'Bella what's a matter?' Bellatrix jumped, hiding the note. "Nothing Cissy..." Brushing it off, once breakfast was done she was heading to town to be fitted for a costom made dress.
Her mind was burdened by the note she would show Tom the note to get his opinion.

As it turned out, gold was a very precious resource in the muggle world. His small excursion into his mother's house had netted him enough muggle money to survive for months or longer. It had taken some time and a few well placed confundus charms, but Sirius was the new renter of a small cottage in the middle of nowhere, Scotland. It was just a three bedroom place, but it would serve as a place to conduct himself as he fought the good fight. The first thing he did was put down basic wards to keep unsuspecting muggles away, warning wards, etc. There was no power or running water, but he could make do with magic just the way the Weasley's had. All in all, he thought it to be a productive morning of spending his mother's money.

When the afternoon came around, he apparated to Hogsmeade. That was another valuable target and he was certain that there would be an attack at some point. He had no way of knowing when they were happening, so it would be down to waiting and getting lucky until he figured out some way to learn of the Dark force's movements.

Calling her owl Bella gave it the note to bring to Tom, Bella made her way to Hogesmeade with Narcissa as a dress was fitted to her preparing for the big day. Measurements were taken and they began designing, the dress was black with silver accents, not wanting to wear white. The dress was tight and form fitting in the top and waist as it opened and layered from the waist down allowing her to move and breathe. Getting out of the dress so the could work on it better she sat with her sister.

Hearing a pop her eyes widened there wasn't supposed to be anything today she had no clue to what was going on. 'Bella? What's going on?' Narcissa asked hushed "I don't know Cissy stay close to me." She whispered as she tried to analysis the situation.

Sirius had been sitting around for a while quietly enjoying the sun and happy people of the village. He had actually been napping when he heard a familiar voice. He raised his head and looked up to see Bellatrix and who could only be a young Narcissa. Suddenly he recalled just how pretty she had been before getting that stick stuck up her ass when she married Lucius.

He was abou to get up and approach the girls when the attack started. There was a group of masked men that appeared in the middle of the village. As soon as they appeared, they began to fire at anyone around. People scrambled and ran for cover. Not all of them made it. Unable to stay out of the fight, Sirius darted behind cover and transformed back. He leaned out and watched as the men spread out. With a snarl, he sent a bludgeoning spell at the closer target and noted with some satisfaction as the man collapsed ontop of a freshly broken leg.

With his first victim down, Sirius joined the fight in earnest.

Bellatrix watched a moment until open fire broke out, "Shit..." She said looking around for shealther for her sister. 'Bella I'm scared!' Narcissa was young and wasn't ready for all of this. Bella grabbed her hand and brought her to newly delivered packages that were now neglected because of the fight. "Get down!" Cupping her sister's face, It'll be alright but stay down. Don't move until I get back" Kissing her sisters forehead Bella ran out of hiding to see what was going on seeing the bodies lying there when they had just been moving. She hadn' been in a fight where people actually died yet.

Seeing another one of them fall down screaming in pain Bellatrix looked around to see where te spell had come from. Blocking loose spells that came near her not wanting to be hit but this was getting ridiculous. Firing a basic stunning spell not hiting anything just trying to lore the fighter out.

Sirius spotted Bellatrix immediately when she entered the fight. That was somewhat unexpected, but he supposed having a memory of fighting would make her ready to do so. Sirius blocked her spell before sending a stunning spell back at her. He followed it up with a cutting curse aimed at a Death Eater to her left. The man had not been watching Sirius and felt the bite of the spell on his wand hand moments before two fingers and what remained of his wand hit the ground. The unhanded Death Eater howled in pain before dropping to the ground to try and collect his amputated digits.

When the man dropped, two Deather Eaters attacked Sirius and the man was forced onto the defensive. He threw up a shield before ducking behind his cover and apparating to the other side of the street where he unleashed another barrage of spells onto the unsuspecting men in black.

With the memory she had she had fought even though she wasn't supposed to really be known yet. But then again most people ran away or were dead. Seeing the spell fly at her she deflected it turning her head quick to see the death eater besides her holding his hand, howling trying to get his fingers. The two were backing up Bella standing slightly in front of her to protect her as well. Hearing the pop of an apperation she Jumped back seeing the man on the opposite side of the street. Letting spells fly at him trying to more so distract him while the other two fought.

Sirius had to duck Bellatrix's attack. Damn that girl was going to get him killed. Again. He blocked her second one before sending a couple low level bludeoning hexes her way. When he turned back to the others, Sirius had to dodge out of the way again lest his head come seperated from his shoulders. He jerked his wand forward, a series of piercing hexes towards his opponent. The Death Eater shielded. The first two were deflected, but the third broke the magical barrier while the fourth send the man to his knees with a large hole in his chest from the force of the attack. He was still alive, but would only be that way for a short while longer. Sirius checked for Bellatrix to make sure she was not attacking him again. At that point, an idea sparked in his mind. A devious, Slytherin idea. One that his mother would have been proud of.

There was a way to get Bellatrix after all.

Beelatrix was ducking and dodging with the best of them even though she hadn't been in a real fight other than training. Bellatrix saw more coming at her he was skilled to fight the three of them at once, blocking them missing one she was hit with one of the minor ones feeling as if she had been punched in the gut it made her freze a moment, to breathe. Snapping out of it she saw the death eater with a hole through him a fire burned within her, "CRUICO!" Bellatrix sharply waved her wand sending one of the unforgivable curses his way. Bellatrix knelt down leaving the other standing guard as she tried to use healing charms on the man with a hole in his chest.

Narcissa stayed hidden watching her sister fight, she was good but it still worried her they were the only two left and she didn't want to lose her sister.

Back
Top Bottom