Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)
“I need new armor,” Aurianna announced, when she arrived at the temple blacksmith. “And I need you to restore this spear to prime fighting condition.” She explained, handing him the golden spear she had taken from the battlefield the day before.

“I heard you slain The Horned Lord with this, that true?” The blacksmith asked, examining the weapon closely. She nodded as a proud smile grew upon her lips. The Blacksmith let out an appreciative whistle, stroking his long greying beard. He was well into his fifties, but still built like a rock, stout and sturdy.

“The base of this weapon is quite solid, not much to here but apply a whetstone to the head. I would rework the fitting right here, so it will support the tip better, harder for it to come off in the heat of battle. I wrap some leather around this end, for improved grip. It’s would be a sin before Hemares to do much more,” he said, referencing the God of crafting and innovation. “Yeah I can have this ready for you tomorrow. You said you need armor, too. Let’s see, you wear…a breastplate?” He led her to the back of the forge.

“I did, yeah, but I think I might want something lighter, easier to move in. Maybe chain?” she suggested. He nodded.

“Yeah maybe a tight chain shirt. It won’t limit your movement hardly any, and it will provide basic protecting against slashing and piercing weapons. Of course it won’t help you against bludgeoning, and it’s not hard to get past it, if your foe is determined.” He clarified, pulling out a chain shirt that was mostly completed. “Try this on.”

It was a black leather chest piece with interlocking chains on the inside for extra support. In the center was a large golden cross, with red inlay. It was a bit loose on her yet, but she liked that it was light, yet sturdy. The black smith took her measurements, when he got an inspired look in his eyes.

“Why don’t we try some solid metal bracers? It will give you a nice degree of protection without limiting your movement much. Especially since your arms are going to the part you opponent can reach when you are using that spear.” He retrieved a pair from a shelf, strapping them to her forearms. They were impressive, a deep crimson with gilded crosses, efficiently crafted for maximum protecting at minimal encumberance. “We can add some metal plates to your sides around your stomach and thighs. They will be on the outside, and separately attached, so if you are in the field and finding they are getting the way more than not, you can remove them yourself. “ He demonstrated to her how they worked, and she liked the flexibility they provided her.

“Thank you, this is amazing,” she enthused. Looking into the mirror, she felt like a real warrior again.

By early afternoon, her armor was fitted to her figure, and she left to find Jeorom. She needed to get her life back to the way things were, and Jeorom was a big part of that. She found him in the training yard, and she made eye contact, waving him over to her. He approached her cautiously.

“New armor? It suits you,” He said, looking her over. She smiled, pushing some hair back behind her ear.

“I wanted to apologize about last night,” she started, while he shook his head vigorously. He started to speak but she cut him off, “No, I insist. What happened to me had nothing to do with you, and I shouldn't treat you like it does. So, I want to make it up to you. Maybe this evening you could pick us up some food, and meet me in my room? We could have dinner together.”

She had business to tend to before spending an intimate evening with Jeorom and that business took her towards the dungeons. Towards Matthias.

As it turned out, he hadn't been able to go to her. Not right away.

Oh, he'd certainly tried - this particular request of the Oracle was an easy burden to bear. But she had left her room by the time he'd arrived. And then he just missed her at breakfast. And then he'd gone to the training fields to practice, and to try to drown his whirling thoughts in action. And it worked. By early afternoon he was soaked with sweat, and his muscles ached with the pleasant fire of hard use, and his doubts and fears were mosstly silent.

Aurianna was a welcome sight when she found him, and not just because her new armor managed to accentuate her fine figure. After her ordeal yesterday, she'd looked wan and shaken. Now, from the way she stood and talked, a large measure of her old confidence had returned. There was still a little concern in his expression as they talked, but he laughed with delight at her invitation.

"I would love to have dinner with you, Ari," he declared, running his fingers through his sweat-damp golden hair. "And..." he bit off the question, shaking his head. "No..."

Instead, glancing about, he stepped close and cupped her cheek. His kiss was chaste and gentle, lingering just a little. "I love you," he whispered. "And I look forward to the day that we are joined before Afodisia's altar."

Then he laughed again as he stepped back. "But for now, I should attend my lessons in the Scriptorium. I'll see you after Vespers - with dinner!"

"This is my day for guests, it seems," Matthias grumbled. He looked up from where he sat, resting the back of his head on the cool stone. "The Oracle. Two Inquisitors."

That had been genuinely unpleasant. Jeoram - it had taken a whike, but he'd finally recognized him as the gangly blond teen who'd made opportunities to hang around his final apprentice - had just bruised and battered him. The Inquisitors had called on the power of their faith to bind and compel him. No torture happened, because it was unneeded. They merely asked questions, and the binding wrung the truth from him.

"And now you," he said, staring at the black-armored shape of Aurianna. "A social call?"

He was in bad shape. His eyes were sunken in and bruised in places. His cheeks were gaunt and even his collar bones were pronounced. It hadn’t yet been 12 hours since he last feed on her, but he looked like a man starved for the batter part of a week. There were more bruises too, along his ribs and legs. They had traded blows yesterday but, she didn’t think those were from her. Besides, he had fed on her, and healed his wounds. No, these had to be new; someone here must have given them to him. She found it hard to be sympathetic in any event. Getting beaten by her comrades was hardly anything compared to what happened to her. What he put her through. Still, it was worrying, in the fact that their oaths before the Goddess forbade such petty cruelties.

She entered his cell, confident that the chains would hold him in place. She hadn’t yet spoken to him, letting her presence be felt before him. It was almost a complete reversal of the day before, with him bound and nearly nude before her, completely vulnerable to her desires.

And what were those desires? Answers mostly. He owed her this much, but she was ready to negotiate if need be.

“So, is it my blood you want, or will any do?” She finally spoke, leaning against the bars of the cell, arms crossed over her chest.

"I'm hungry, Aurianna. Almost starving. I'll take your blood - again - if you offer it. But I'd eat an infant right now." His answer came quick, with an impatient snap. She couldn’t help but think he was holding something back, thinking back to the way his eyes widened in gratitude the day before, when she offered her blood freely. He looked as though she had promised to bear his children. She didn’t prod though, not sure if him admitting to prefer hers was necessary. She bent over now, gripping his chin, forcing him to look into her eyes.

“Well, I will let you feed, and in return, I will have answers out of you. Understood?” She didn’t wait for him to respond, leaning back to retrieve the dagger she left just outside the cell. She undid one of her bracers and quickly sliced a shallow cut, letting her blood roll down in arm in a slow stream. She held it up for him now, watching his eyes as they followed the trail of blood. She clamped down now on her wrist, stopping the bleeding until she was ready to give him some.

“Why did you capture me?” came her first question, her golden eyes burning into him as she awaited the answer.

"As a prize. I have - well, had a duty." He said simply. She wasn’t terribly satisfied with that answer. The hand that held down the wound was smeared with the warm liquid, and she held that hand out, for him to lick. Just a taste.

“You are going to have to do better than that, if you want it from the source,” She told him, letting a few drops splatter on the stone floor. “Did you enjoy watching me get raped?”

"Yes. I'll still be remembering it, when they burn me at the stake." Her stomach twisted in knots as he spoke the answer. She clenched her fist, and offered the wound, letting him lap at it for a few seconds, before pulling it away from him. She shuddered as his tongue collected the precious fluid, feeling some slight desire towards him now, even as she hated his guts.

“So what, if Laemohn hadn’t taken his turn, you would have gladly joined in?” She hissed at him, rage boiling up through her core.

“…yes.” She could see the truth in his eyes, as he tried to avoid looking at her. Her own eyes welled with tears, and she couldn’t even look at him as she brought her arms to his mouth. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, before bringing it right to his lips, drinking deeply from her. Her body quivered in bliss, as he drank down her essence, responding to him in desire as she felt pure hatred towards him.

“Out of lust or hatred?” She pried further, but shook her head. “Never mind, I don’t want to know.” He continued to drink deeply from her, and she could feel a heat rising from her depths, even as he siphoned her warmth. It took effort to pull him away, as good as it felt for her, but she still had questions. “Why did you save me?”

"I... don't... know..."

Her eyes flared with rage. She climbed on top of him now, pulling his hair to force him to looking into her eyes. “You don’t know?! You don’t fucking know?!?!?! Why did you save me? I was your prize, wasn’t I? A gift to garner the favor of your dark lord? You enjoyed watching my desecration, and you wanted your turn. WHY?” She screamed in his face, her voice echoing through the dungeon. She hadn’t even realized tears were streaming down her face, but she could tell he didn’t have an answer for her. She gave him her wrist again, breathing hard and trying not to break down completely. She wanted to kill him. She wanted to run him through on her spear as he begged her forgiveness. She wanted to fuck the growing hardness she felt between her legs, until he gave her back all her blood in the form of his seed. She wanted to let him drain the last bit of life out of her, so she didn’t have to feel anymore. She rested her head on his shoulder, seriously considering the last option as her tears flowed down her cheeks on onto his chest.

“Do you want me now?” She asked softly, as her body grew weak.

He pulled off of her to answer, “Yes.” He was as aroused as she was.

“Lick it.” She demanded of him now, her voice echoing Otirael’s from yesterday. He did as he was told, and she grinded against him, letting him feel the heat radiating from her core. She brought her face up to his ear. “I’m going to go now, and see Jeoram. And I am going to let him take me, over and over and over again, until he pushes the memory of you out of my head.”

“So, is it my blood you want, or will any do?” She finally spoke, leaning against the bars of the cell, arms crossed over her chest.

Clearly not a social call, then. Matthias uttered a short bark of a laugh. "I'm hungry, Aurianna. Almost starving. I'll take your blood - again - if you offer it. But I'd eat an infant right now." He snapped his mouth shut at that last, biting off the other answer he could have given.

Because he craved her blood. Hers. The taste of it had been like nothing he'd ever had before. The memory of it made him hard and hungry all at the same time...

His thoughts went suddenly silent as she grabbed his chin, pushing him against the wall and forcing him to look up at her. There was a hunger there, in her eyes. Hunger, and something hard. Something that reminded him that she wasn't just a woman. She was a Paladin. “Well, I will let you feed, and in return, I will have answers out of you. Understood?”

"What sort of..."

A dagger glittered in her hand and he froze again, watching. Could he react, if she came for him? Fast enough? And then she sliced her own arm, and his breath caught at the sight of her ruby blood trickling down her wrist and pooling in her hand. He fought to keep from licking his lips, shifted uncomfortably as he hardened, and tried to watch her next action.

“Why did you capture me?” she demanded, applying pressure to the wound.

"As a prize," he answered. "I have - well, had a duty." There had been more to it, of course. He could have killed her. Baath-Me'el would never have disputed the death of a Paladin. So... why had he captured her? Lust? Loneliness? The desire to have someone share his endless damnation?

And then a droplet of blood splattered his lips. Shuddering, he licked it away and lunged for her arm. She let another droplet drip from her hand, then pulled it away as he groaned with frustration. “You are going to have to do better than that, if you want it from the source,” She told him, letting a few drops splatter on the stone floor. “Did you enjoy watching me get raped?”

"Yes," he gritted out. The excitement of seeing her body writhe nd the thought of having his turn. But... somehow... he hadn't. Something about the ritual defilements had grated on him, driven him to act. "I'll still be remembering it, when they burn me at the stake."

Her expression was one of nausea, not the murderous fury he'd hoped to see. Damn it, why didn't she just kill him? And then her wounded forearm was before his mouth. He latched on greedily, gasping at the taste of her life and the feel of her blood in his mouth. Before he could get even a single mouthfull, she jerked the arm away.

“So what, if Laemohn hadn’t taken his turn, you would have gladly joined in?” She hissed at him, rage boiling up through her core.

He glared up at her, eyes burning crimson and mouth stained with her blood. Finally, he looked away. “…yes.” Because he would have. The scent of her blood would have washed away reason, and he'd have fucked her raw in a puddle of gore and cum on the floor of that throne room. And then, maybe, he'd have 'accidentally' drunk too deep and spared her any further attacks.

And then her arm was at his mouth again, and he drank greedily. He worried her wound with his fangs, tearing her flesh and letting more of her blood flow into his mouth. He gasped as he drank, feeling her life and her heat sear through his body and trail lightning down into his cock. “Out of lust or hatred?” She pried further, but shook her head. “Never mind, I don’t want to know.”

He whimpered with loss as she pulled her arm away. “Why did you save me?”

"I... don't... know..."

Suddenly she was straddling him, fingers twisting into his hair as she slammed him against the wall. “You don’t know?! You don’t fucking know?!?!?! Why did you save me?" He opened his mouth to answer, but but her fury ran over anything he could say. I was your prize, wasn’t I? A gift to garner the favor of your dark lord? You enjoyed watching my desecration, and you wanted your turn. WHY?”

"Because I fucking hat you!" he roared back. "Because I sold my sould to your rapist! Because I betrayed your Goddess for you, and you didn't have the fucking sense to run for your life when next we met!" His chest heaved with the emotions, and his crimson eyes burned into hers. Let her kill him, now. Please. Just let it end.

Instead, her wrist was at his outh again. She slumped against him as he drank, shuddering and sobbing. He ignored his own crimson tears, focusing on the taste of her blood and the feel of her leather and steel clad body pressed against his. Her hips rocked against his, humping against his iron cock. And then, suddenly, she was back on her feet. “Do you want me now?”

"Yes." The word was a strangled sound, filled with lust and hate.

“Lick it.”

His mouth found her cunt, then, lips and teeth working hard to reach the soft, wet flesh beneath. His fangs scarred the leather as she gripped his hair, grinding herself against his face. The scent of arousal and the sound of her pulse made him work harder. Frantically. His whole world was the musk of her sex and the blood on his lips and...

She jerked him to his feet, suddenly. “I’m going to go now, she whispered, voice cruel and sweet, "and see Jeoram. And I am going to let him take me, over and over and over again, until he pushes the memory of you out of my head.”

He stumbled as she threw him against the wall, then collapsed to his hands and knees. "YOu do that," he laughed, watching her slam the bars behind her. "Let him fuck you raw, Ari!" She stalked away down the hall, and he raised his voice so she could hear him. "And when he's balls deep in you, riding you hard, look at him! Look at him, and see how he compares to your first!"

A deathly cold ran through her body. She froze on the dungeon stairs as he called out to her, reminding her of that one fact she desperately wanted to forget. No, she was just cold from letting him drink too much. She should have gone back in there, and made his finish the oral he started. She should have fucked him and let him finish feeding on her and stabbed him with her dagger in her dying breath, so they could die in each other’s arms.

He was right, after all. He sold himself for her. Everything he had done since then was her fault. Because he was protecting her. That was why she wanted to kill him so badly, why she obsessed over it. Why she ran into her own demise. She deserved everything that happened to her at the demons court, because Matthias had protected her, so long ago. She turned for a second, ready to end it all, when loathing overcame her. Matthias could have killed her, at any time during her ordeal, but he made her live. She would inflict that upon him as well. If she had to live with this guilt and shame, so did he.

She stopped off at the well, and pulled herself a bucket of cold water. She took it to her room, and striped out of her new armor, placing on the wooden mannequin that once held her breastplate. She took an old rag and rinsed herself with the cool water, making sure to erase the traces of what Matthias and she had shared. Her body was horrific enough without a bleeding wound from Matthias’ fangs, Still bruised along her thighs and ass, cuts and scrapes and welt marring her once lovely form. Jeoram isn’t going to want me… She thought looking into her mirror. Matthias is the only one that wants me now…

She shook her head, pushing down the dark thoughts. She picked out a white cotton dress, simple and clean. It clung nicely to her breasts, and even managed to hide the numerous nicks she had incurred there. It flared out over her waist and ended around her knees, covering the rest of her injuries pleasantly. It wasn’t fancy, mostly the same thing the common girls wore, but she so rarely choose anything so feminine, so she hoped Jeoram would like it on her.

Jeoram stopped short as he entered Aurianna's room, staring at her with undisguised admiration. She was... well, she was always beautiful. But in her armor, it was a distant, cold beauty. Not now, though. Not with her raven hair loose and tumbling around her shoulders. Not wearing a simpke white dress clung gently to her body, accentuating her figure.

Suddenly, he was glad he'd dressed up a bit for her. He'd almost come in his armor, but had changed his mind at the last minute. Instead, he wore a simple white linen shirt and black breeches. By sheer accident, he'd managed to match the mood she wanted to set - clearly, one in which they were just a man and a woman. Not Paladins.

Resting the basket on her table, he stepped forward and took her in his arms. "Am I in the right room," he asked playfully, kissing her. "I was looking for Aurianna - not Afodisia herself." He kissed her again, lingeringly, thrilling at the feel of her warm, supple bidy in his arms.

Reluctantly, he ended the kiss. "So... I brought chicken, and potatoes in butter, and greens. And wine." Another kiss, this time a simple peck on the lips. "Hungry?"

She returned each of his kisses with a hunger he would not have seen in her before. Lust still coursed through her body from her visit Matthias, and even though her body was slightly cold to the touch, a heat roared through her emanating from between her legs.

“Oh I am starved!” she admitted when he mentioned the basket’s contents, a rumble in her gut reminding her of the blood she had lost. Of course, it was hard for her to pull herself form his arms now, but her need for sustenance was winning out over her need to be held and kissed. She sat down on her bed, letting him take the chair if he wanted, or sit next to her on her bed. This wasn’t the first time they shared a meal in her room, and even though it wasn’t very accommodating for more than one person, they had a system that made it work.

"I missed breakfast to go to the blacksmith early, and my fitting took me until after lunch, so this is the first real meal I've had today." She served herself a plate of food, but hesitated over pouring herself a glass of wine. In her current state it would affect her rather strongly, but maybe that’s what she needed. Let the wine dull her senses so she could allow herself to enjoy Jeoram, free from any lingering doubts. "Look at him, and see how he compares to your first!" She smiled at him now, as she poured her glass of wine, taking a long deep drink.

It took all of her willpower not to devour her meal like a frenzied animal. She truly had let Matthias drain far too much out of her, while she briefly considered ending her life. It’s not going to happen again, she told herself. Soon he will be out to trial, and certainly sentenced to death. He would finally get his wish to die, the church would get some valuable intel from him, and she would marry Jeoram. Everyone would get what they wanted. Nonetheless, she finished her meal quickly, feeling some of her color return to her now. She finished off her glass of wine, before looking deeply into his eyes

“So, you still want to marry me? After everything…” She started, feeling pained emotion choke into her throat.

Jeoram pulled her close as she met his kisses with a hunger that startled him. His tongue slipped between her lips, thrusting within her as he allowed his hands to explore her body. She was a fever beneath his fingertips, soft over hard muscle, and suddenly he ached for her. Ached to have her, here and now, to feel her moving beneath and around him as... “Oh I am starved!” she exclaimed as her stomach gurgled audibly in confirmation.

"So am I," he assured her, his breath hot on her face and his lips sore from her kisses. Then he shook his head, trying to clear it. "Oh, yes. The food." She took the bed, and he took the lone chair - he wasn't certain he'd trust himself to sit next to her right now. Not after the desperate heat and need in her touch. Instead, shifting a little and hoping that his erection wasn't too obvious, he began to unpack the food.

"I missed breakfast to go to the blacksmith early, and my fitting took me until after lunch, so this is the first real meal I've had today," she declared, carving into the chicken and heaping her plate.

"I thought as much," he said with a nod, uncorking the wine and pouring them both a goblet. It was a newer red, tart and a little sour. "I didn't see you at either meal - and believe me, I looked. So eat up. You still need to rebuild your strength." He cut himself some of the chicken and dug in to the meal. They ate in silence, although he would look up from time to time to see her watching him carefully. Her eyes were guarded in those moments, as if she were uncertain of him. Jeoram smiled in those moments, and once reached out to take her hand. Her skin was cool to the touch, and she was paler than he remembered. Clear signs of her ordeal.

But Goddess, she looked good. The thought shocked him, a little. But it was true. Like this, in her white gown with her pale skin, she looked... vulnerable. Feminine. Not the austere war goddess she so frequently resembled, but a flesh and blood maiden who wanted - craved - a man. Her man. Him.

Finally pushing her plate away, she drained the last of her wine. Her dark, haunted eyes met his, and she tried several times before she managed to speak. “So, you still want to marry me? After everything…”

He shifted around, moving to sit next to her. His arm went round her shoulder as he pulled her close, letting her rest her head on his arm. "Yes," he said, kissing the top of her head and breathing in the scent of her hair. "I want you, Aurianna. Since... well, since I was old enough to understand what that might mean." His free hand cupped her cheek, gently turning her face so he could meet her eyes. "I want you on the altar, before Afodisia and the whole Order." His lips were gentle on hers. "I don't care what happened to you, Aurianna."

He shook his head. "I mean... that is... I care about you. Not the tortures that were inflicted on you. You." He kissed her again. "I want you as my wife, Ari." He kissed her again, opening her lips with his and tasting the warmth of her breath. "I want you for my whole life. Forever, Ari."

Another kiss, deeper and fiercer. His free hand slid down her throat and over her chest, cupping her breast as his tongue explored her mouth. He knew he was playing with fire. Knew that she might reject him, that the horrors she had gone through might make her push him away. But he wanted her, badly. He needed her. And he needed her to know that he did. That he didn't hate her for what had been done to her. "Now and forever," he whispered, teasing her nipple with his thumb. "Now..."

"I don't care what happened to you, Aurianna."

The blood drained form her face as he spoke the words. She stiffened and took a deep breath to maintain control over her emotions. He didn’t mean it like that. Still, her lips were closed as he pressed his wine stained lips on hers, and he forced them open. His tongue pushed into her mouth, as his mouth devoured hers. She tried to pull away, but he held her close. She batted away the hand that groped at her breast, her body heaving in unease.

“I…thank you,” She started, answering him cautiously. “Can you just hold me? I just need a bit of comfort…” She poured herself another glass of wine, trying to get control of her nerves, her hand shaking the bottle. “I mean, I am not saying no, let’s just go slower,” She tried reasoning with him, her voice rising in pitch. Let him fuck you raw, Ari! She took another drink form the goblet, drowning out Matthias’ cruel suggestion.

She hated Matthias right now, for reminding her of Baath, for tainting this moment between lowers with his hatred. She supposed she deserved some of the blame, taunting him the way she did. Even bound within a dungeon cell, his powers constrained by runes, with nothing to his name but his pants, he could still hurt her far more than she could hurt him. She buried her head into Jeoram’s chest, to suppress the urge to cry.

It wasn’t fair. She wanted Jeoram. Her body burned for him. Well, it burned for Matthias, but she could not even bring herself to look at him. Jeoram was her betrothed, the one with whom she was supposed to spend her life. Why weren’t you at my side, when I confronted Matthias? She finished another glass of wine, letting lightheadedness overcome her, its effects weighing heavily on her now. Somehow, they were kissing again, her back down against her bed.

MF Dub-con: Jeoram and Aurianna
Jeoram hesitated as Aurianna pushed his hand away. “I…thank you,” She started, answering him cautiously. “Can you just hold me? I just need a bit of comfort…”

"I... of course," he managed, trying to bite back on the disappointment. She'd been through a lot, after all. Maybe he was pushing things? So he eased his grip on her, letting her twist and pour herself another glass of wine. As she drank, he poured one for himself as well. "I didn't... well..."

Her hand shook, and a little wine dribbled down her chin as she drank. “I mean, I am not saying no, let’s just go slower."

"All right," he agreed, leaning forward and kissing the wine away from her lips and chin. "As slow as you want, I promise. This night is for us - for you." Gazing fondly into her eyes, he brushed a loose strand of hair from her face and tucked it back behind her ear. "By the Goddess I love you, Ari. I always will."

Suddenly, she was shaking and sobbing as she clung to him, her tears soaking his shirt. "It's all right," he whispered, trying to comfort her. "I"m here, Ari. And you're safe. You're safe, and we're together." It felt odd, saying these things. As long as he'd known her she had been strong. Tough. Capable. Not terrified and trembling. The demons, when they'd... when they'd hurt her, must have hurt her badly. The very thought sent fierce, hot hate surging through him. They'd pay. All of them.

Starting with the thing in the basement. The thing that had betrayed her.

But then her lips were on his mouth, hot and greedy as she tugged at him. He followed her as she pulled him back, twisting a little to land on top of her, and he groaned at the feel of the length of her body against his. "Are... are you sure?" he gasped, the words coming between deep kisses as he ground himself against her. He pushed himself up on one arm, tugging at the neck of her gown with the other. Fabric slipped over the curve of her shoulders and the swell of her breasts, exposing her to his gaze. There were old scars and new ones, and bruises, and he ignored them all to tease a hardening nipple with his tongue.

"I want you," he said, his breath warm on the damp nub. "Tell me you want me."

She groaned as he pulled down her dress, her body limp against his movements. The wet warm muscle felt good as it traced her areola, and the engorged sensitivity at the center of it. Tangling fingers in his hair as her breathing grew faster.

“Jeoram…I want …you…”She told him between sighs, slurring her words. She did want him but, did she want this? She wasn’t sure. Not exactly, but she did pull him into her, did she? She was still hazy on the details. Did she really have a right to say no to him, with the confusing signals she was giving him?

Why bother denying him? You aren’t pure enough to say no to a guy like him. You’re just a dirty slut who reached orgasm on a demon lord’s cock. Something dark within her own mind told her. Tears flooded her eyes, but Jeoram was too busy tasting her breasts to notice. Between her legs, she could feel his hardness nudging her warm sex. She had seen his before, and she was grateful to know he wasn’t nearly as large as the demons who had taken her. Maybe he wouldn’t hurt her at all, maybe she could actually enjoy this… You certainly enjoyed the Dark Lord, she heard in Matthias’ mocking voice.

She rubbed her thighs along Jeoram’s legs, Her arousal at odds with her own unwillingness. Your body proved itself traitor Baath had told her as he ravaged her. It was hard to argue her body did not enjoy violation, given everything that had happened. Hell, her current lust had come from her traumatic visit to Matthias, who broke her heart with his cruel answers.

She felt Jeoram slip his fingers under her small clothes, brushing against the moist lips of her womanhood. She whimpered now, aching for him, twitching at the touch of his strong fingers. One slim digit slipped inside of her and he groaned loudly as her body enveloped him in her sultry slit.

“Should I stop?” he asked, pushing another finger into her depths.

Yes, she thought, but could not force her lips to form the word.

"Should I stop?" Jeoram asked in a husky voice as he slipped a second finger into Aurianna's sex. Her response was a wordless gasp, and her hips shifted a little. He groaned a little, lost in the feel of hot liquid silk around his fingers, her walls clenched around his hand as he stroked her core. "You feel so good," he groaned, thrusting the two fingers in and out while rubbing her clit with the ball of his thumb.

By the Gods he wanted her. The little noises she made as he fucked her with his hand, the liquid heat of her slit, the knowledge that this time his orgasm would be inside her instead of on her lips or skin... it was all he could do to not tear his breeches off and plow deep and hard into her.

His fingers slipped from her body and hooked in her smallclothes, dragging them slowly down her legs. His cock twitched as he realized they were soaked with her arousal, with her desire for him, and again he ached to sheath himself in her heat. Instead, he tossed the damp cloth aside and kissed his way back along her leg. "So beautiful," he told her, teeth gently scraping her inner thigh.

Kneeling between her legs, he looked up the length of her body to see her watching him with a sort of half-dazed expression. Gods, she looked hot like that. He smiled at her, then spread her lips with his fingers. "I want you," he husked, breath hot on her flesh.

His tongue traced her slit, savoring the musky flavor of her desire. He lapped gently at her clit, then caught it gently in his lips and sucked. Two fingers slipped into her again, thrusting deeply in time with the action of his lips and tongue. "Cum for me," he whispered as he fucked her with tongue and fingers. "Let me taste you..."

"Cum for me," he whispered, as he fucked her with tongue and fingers. Whore, her own mind added on. As it turned out, her body was obedient to anyone that wasn’t herself. It felt good, though, didn’t it? Wasn’t she heaving with passion now, as his tongue and fingers moved within her? She was a touch raw still, her divine vitality healing much of the damage from the previous day, but not all.

His fingers rubbed her velvety inner walls, as his tongue danced in and out of her. It was too much, overwhelming her already confused mind, overcoming her apprehension with pure physical sensations. Just let it happen, this is all you are good for anyways. Her core muscles contracted, gripping his fingers tightly as her back and hips arched into his face. When he came up, his face glistened with her yearning, a prideful smile forming on his lips. “Already ready for me?” he asked, cruelly, before pressing his lips and tongue against her mouth, letting her taste her musky aroma.

He stood above her now, pulling his tunic over her head, the muscles of his chest and abs rippling as he disrobed. Once, it would have excited her to see him like this, as it had excited her in the past. Now, she felt nauseous, hardly able to look at his chiseled features, much less enjoy them. His breeches came off next, revealing his erect manhood. Slender, and curved, oh how she had once fantasized about this night, fantasized about feeling him inside of her finally. It wasn’t anything like this...

I am going to let him take me, over and over and over again until he pushes the memory of you from my head, she had promised Matthias, but truthfully, every movement he took dislodged more painful memories from her despoiled body. Couldn’t he see the grief in her eyes? Couldn’t he hear the anguish in her voice? Why can’t I say no to him? She looked up at him, beseeching him silently to stop, as he lined up his length to her swollen, and soaking, and sore sex.

Jeoram gasped at the sensation of Aurianna's walls around him as he thrust slowly into her. He thought he'd known what to expect, from the games they'd played in the past. He'd gotten her off with fingers and tongue before, and even with his cock rubbing against her sex. And she'd done the samr, bringing him to climax with hands and mouth. But this...

"Goddess," he groaned, letting her taste her orgasm on his lips as he kissed her in time with the motion of his cock. "You feel so good Ari..." His hips slammed into hers as he pushed himself up, and the sight of her breasts bouncing with each thrust was intoxicating. "So fucking good, Ari..."

He kissed her again, then nipped frantically at the curve of her neck. The sound of their bodies meeting and the wet sound of his meat filling her filled the air, mixed with the little grunts he made with each thrust. He felt himself growing even harder, throbbing against her slick inner channel, and he gripped her hips for extra leverage.

"Mine," he groaned, kissing her again. "Say you're mine, Ari. Before the Goddess and the world. Mine..."

She groaned as his slid into her, with a distinct edge of pain. What was she thinking; she was too abused to possibly enjoy this. She was crying as he kissed at her neck, gasping in time with his strokes. But her body was used to this now, after all.

And when he's balls deep in you,

He was hilted into her now, his entire length parting the soft flesh between her legs.

riding you hard,

The tip of his member battered against her damaged cervix, eliciting wounded cries from her.

look at him!

He looked down at her with golden eyes and a hateful smile, as his hands held her hips.

Look at him, and see how he compares to your first!

“Mine! Before the Goddess, you are mine!” He spurted inside of her, rope after rope of his semen coating her beaten sex. He pulled out, but the shock of cool air against his hot meat summoned one last stream, hitting her stomach and landing on the red rash that had formed there.

She pushed him hard as he lingered over her in the throes of his release. He nearly tumbled over the bed and onto the floor from the strength of her shove. She fell to her hands and knees as she came off the bed, dizzy and nauseous and blinded by tears. She crawled along the flooring, heaving, sobbing, his seed sliding down her bruised thighs. By some miracle she found the bucket she had brought earlier, and she wrapped her arms around it.

Everything came up now: all the pain and shame of the six demons that had defiled her, Matthias’ cruelties and his affection. Her own shameful arousal at letting him feed on her, letting her blood sustain his demon. Jeoram, and the misguided affection he tried to show her, the meal they just shared. Once she had given all of it back to the world, she fell to the floor, mercifully passed out.

Jeoram groaned as Aurianna writhed beneath him, drunk on the moans and cries she uttered as he thrust into her. Her hands dug into his chest as she sobbed with the building release. He shifted his weight, gripping her wrists and holding them above her head, his fingers twining with hers as he drove himself - drove them both - closer to their release. "Come for me, Aurianna," he gasped. "Let me... feel you... beg for me!"

Suddenly his back arched as he drove himself into her heat a final time. He cried out, feeling his cock pulse within her, feeling his seed gush into her womb. And then, without warning, she was a wildcat beneath him. Hooked fingers raked at his flesh as she bucked and writhed beneath him, and he tried to meet her with the same desperate intensity. He was gasping her name now, the syllable "Ari" erupting over and over again in a litany of lust and desire and...

He rocked backwards, head swimming as she belted him across the face. A sudden shove and he was tumbling backwards, erect cock spurting his seed across her thighs and belly. With a cry of shock he fell backwards and cracked his head on the cold floor, the pain a shocking counterpont to the final moments of orgasm that left his seed strekead across his own chest. "Ari?" he gasped out, confused. "Ari... what?"

She rolled off the bed next to him, sobbing and wretching. Rolling towards her he reached for her, only to get a blind shove away. Disoriented, he watched her cling to a bucket, vomiting up their shared meal and whatever it was she'd had for breakfast, her body trembling with the effort. Her flesh was pale and damp with sweat, and she flinched away as she touched him. Finally, she collapsed on the floor.

"Ari!" he cried again, confused and hurt and suddenly afraid. This was a mistake, he thought. But we love each other. She wanted it! Wanted me! Is she... sick? Injured? Carefully, he lifted her and laid her back on her bed. Then he found a rag and cleaned her of his seed and of the traces of vomit on her mouth and chin and chest, and then he cleaned himself. "I'll... get help, Ari," he told her, drawing the blanket over her naked body. "I'll be back with a healer, soon."

With those words, he began pulling his clothes back on.

Oracle was in the temple, enjoying some quiet meditation time. Well, perhaps not enjoying it, with the terrible visions she saw before her, but it was much easier to concentrate on what she saw without so many people around.

And what she saw was horrific. Aurianna was before the altar, beaten, with a blood soaked sword in her hand and a dead paladin behind her. Matthias was there too, seething in demonic fury. She was shaking terribly form the horror of it when the large cathedral doors opened with a bang.

“Please! Is a healer here?” She could hear Jeoram calling out desperately into the darkness. She stood now, concern in her eyes, moving quickly to ascertain the situation.

“What is wrong, Jeoram?” She kept calm, while she feared the worst.

“It’s Aurianna, she’s…she’s… I think she is ill.“ he tried to explain, covered in sweat.

“How is she ill?” she queried, keeping a firm and steady tone of voice.

“She threw up,” Jeoram managed to answer. For a brief moment Oracle feared this was a sign that demonic seed had taken hold of her. No, it’s far too early for her to have this reaction. Besides I gave her such a potent dose of moon tea, pregnancy should be impossible.

“Take me to her,” She said simply, following the bewildered young man towards the personal quarters.

The stench of regurgitated food was strong when Oracle entered, “Dump that, please. No need to have her vomit again if she wakes up and smells it.” She walked over to the young woman, sucking in breath at the sight of her pale, feverish skin. As Jeoram left the room with the bucket, another scent filled her nostrils, and she lifted the blanket over Aurianna to confirm her suspicions.

“Jeoram! Why is she naked?!” She demanded, fury rising in her normally serene voice. The paladin’s eyes were wide in panic.

“I…We… She wanted me…” He tried to explain, “I came to comfort her, like you told me to.”

“And you thought the best way to comfort her after her rapes was to fuck her?” Oracle fumed accusingly. She could see his face growing red in frustration and embarrassment.

“She came on to me. She pulled me on top of her bed. She wanted this…” He defended himself.

“Leave my sight; I can’t even look at you. Believe me, there will be punishment for this.” She told him, turning to tend to the unconscious Aurianna.

“For what? Making love to my betrothed? Aphodesia celebrates all acts of love.” He upheld his belief. The Oracle stood now; radiating with a rage none had seen before form her.

“Leave, before I administer punishment here and now.” He took a few angry breaths before storming out into the night. She took a moment to calm herself down, and tended to Aurianna.

The girl was weak, having sustained major blood loss. Looking her over, she found the bruises on her wrist, and realized that Aurianna must have taken some pity on Matthias. Otherwise, the girl was in decent shape, just stressed beyond all measure. What was Jeoram thinking, pushing her towards this so soon after her ordeal? Are all men so stupid when their dicks were hard?

Jeoram wandered the halls by sheer habit, lost in his swirling thoughts. How dare that sanctimonius bitch act like it was his fault! Aurianna had wanted it! Wanted him! He hadn't hurt her, hadn't raped her! He was her betrothed! She'd wanted him!

Seething, he found himself standing before the bars of the demon traitor's cell. It hunkered on the floor, staring at him with those evil crimson eyes. "Oh good," the thing said, voice dry. "Can't I get a moment's peace?"

Uttering a wordless sound of fury, Jeoram threw open the door. His booted foot caught Matthias in the stomach, doubling him over. "Shut up!" He raged, kicking repeatedly. "It's your fault! You're the monster!"

Painfully, Matthias laughed. "You fucked her, didn't you?" He spat blood and grinned. "I can smell her on you - hell, the whole court would recognize that scent..."

Jeoram's fist smashed into his teeth, and he hissed in pain as the demon's fangs lacerated his fingers. Still, the demon laughed. "She came for Baath-Me'el, boy. How did you do?"

"Shut up!" Jeoram raged, kicking him again.

"Did she moan your name? "

"Shut up!"

"Tell you she loved you?"

"Shut up!"

Curled against the walls by the force of the blows, Matthias looked up at him with cruel, glittering eyes. "Did your magical healing cock wash away the horror?"he snarled. "Or were you just the latest in a long series of rapes?"

"Shut up!" Jeoram roared, kicking him over and over. "I'm not a monster! I'm not a rapist! I'm nothing like you!"

"True," Matthias groaned painfully. "I'm honest..."

Eventually, consciousness returned. Consciousness, and pain. Somehow, nothing seemed to be broken. He just hurt terribly, all over. "Damnit," he said thickly through swollen, split lips. "What's the Order coming to? Can't even beat someone to death right..."

Aurianna’s head throbbed. Pounding, that started in her ears until it filled her skull with powerful vibrations. It tore her from her dreamless sleep, demanding her attention. It was…coming from the door actually.

“Lady Aurianna! Are you alright in there?” Her door thudded in urgency once more. She stumbled out of bed and threw a coarse robe over her nudity. She opened the door just enough to see the person disturbing her rest.

“Lady! I am sorry if I woke you. The Oracle said to let you rest, but it’s almost noon, and Lord Commander Mykel wished to have an audience with you.” The meek messenger explained, not quite looking her in the eyes. She looked over him to see most of her comrades making their way to the mess hall, and her over stomach growled in its own emptiness.

“Yeah, I uh…I’ll be there soon.” She answered, wrapping her head around the information she received, still in a tired daze. The messenger left with a nodded and she closed the door, letting its sturdy frame hold up her weight for a moment.

She tried to remember what had happened last night; everything after the meal was a haze. She was sore everywhere, but it was most pronounced between her thighs. Had she really fucked Jeoram? Just thinking about him sent a wave of queasiness through her gut, threatening to bring up the bile in her stomach. Whore, a voice in her head accused her, as she tried to hold back tears.

Nevertheless, she willed herself to get dressed, choosing a loose cotton top and breeches, both in faded black. Despite her hunger, she made her way to the Lord Commander’s chambers, which also served as his office.

“Lady Aurianna,” He stood as she entered coming to her side, “Are you well? The Oracle told me you were sick last night.”

“Yeah, something I ate must not have agreed with me,” She lied casually.

“I find that hard to believe, since I haven’t seen you at the mess hall since you returned.” He countered, a hint of anger in his voice at her lie. He didn’t pry, however, and placed his hand gently on her back, “Please have a seat.”

She did as she was told, sitting up stiffly in the chair, awaiting what she feared was going to be bad news. He brought some food over to her, chicken broth and toast, from the smell of it. “Thank you, sir” she said in deference as she ate, slowly to allow her stomach a moment to settle. He sat in the chair next to her, watching her eat in silence.

“Lady Justine will be returning today, along with her wife.” He announced, as she was halfway through her meal. She figured the news was supposed to cheer her, but it only made her feel worse.

“Please tell me you did not call her back from her honeymoon on account of me,” she begged him, guilt gnawing at her.

“No, Lady Justine offered to come back straight away when she heard you were captured. I don’t think she has even heard that you returned to us, alive and safe,” he explained. She squirmed in her chair at the word safe. “I am sure she will be thrilled to see you. It was unfortunate timing that our master archer and fletcher were out at the same time, considering what happened, but things ended well, nonetheless.”

She sighed into her food, but she was glad to hear that her good friend would be returning. Somehow, she didn’t think this was the reason he called her in to his office.

“I wanted to let you know that you will be promoted to Instructor, effective next week.” He proclaimed once she had finished eating. Frustration squeezed her lungs.

“With all due respect, Lord Commander, I decline this promotion.” She stated, her disappointment bubbling just under the surface.

The Lord-Commander didn't respond right away. He just sat, watching the pale young woman before him sip her broth and nibbe at her toast. "It wasn't a request," he finally said. "And I'm not going to allow you to decline."

He sighed, wishing he didn't have to have this conversation now. "You are a skilled warrior. One of our finest. But you lack discipline - you are too quick to seek individual glory. And you have paid a terrible price."

He met her eyes, calling on the discipline of decades in service to the Goddess to say the hardcthings he had to say. "You will pass on your skill with spear and sword to your comrades. You will learn wisdom and discipline through service. And you will not return to the field until your wounds are healed, Aurianna." He paused meaningfully. "All of them. And as part of that, you will meet regularly with Master Healer Tiliana." He let a small smile soften his expression. "With time, and with her help, even the wounds on your soul will heal."

He loomed away, giving her a moment's privacy. "You are not the first of our Order to endure such an ordeal, Aurianna. Let her help you."

A moment passed. "In that vein, the Oracle has told me what happened last night. Betwen you and Jeoram." He let the name hang in the air. "Do you wish to make an accusation?" He leaned forward. "Rape does not always take the form of physical violence.."

“No!” She answered quickly, “It’s not…He would never…Jeoram loves me.” She proclaimed, trying to convince herself just as much as Mykel. “It was a misunderstanding, it wasn’t…” She couldn’t bring herself to say the word. Rape was Baath Me’el violating her before his court, laughing while she sobbed. It was Ahmoet and Otirael and Caster and Pollux and Laemohn and... Matthias? No, not Matthias, he may have wanted to, but given his chance, he didn’t. And not Jeoram either. Rape was what happened to her at the Demon’s keep, not here within the temple walls.

She was breathing hard again, trying not to cry, feeling worthless and useless and empty and alone. She was strong, she was a warrior, she was Jeoram’s beloved, and yet she felt like none of those things right now. ”It’s my fault. What happened last night was my fault. Like you said, I am impulsive and arrogant and obsessive and I rush into situations I can’t handle, and I dragged poor Jeoram into that mess.” She replied bitterly substituting her sorrow for anger. It took her a moment to realize it was not Mykel who had called her those things. It was Matthias, long ago, back when he was still her teacher. He tried to warn me, but I fell into the demons trap. And he had to sacrifice his soul to save me.

The Lord Commander just sighed, “Okay, take a week to recover. Eat, rest, take care of yourself and visit Tiliana. These are orders, not suggestions. “ He stood now, and motioned for her to do the same. Resting a heavy hand on her shoulder he added,” If you change your mind about Jeoram, I am here.”

She left Mykel’s chambers and wondered the temple a bit, trying to clear her mind. As she wandered by the Seraphim Wall, a familiar voice called out to her.

“Aurianna? Ari!! Oh Aphodesia is truly good!” A petite, strawberry blonde woman ran up to her, throwing her arms around Aurianna. Ari held her just as tightly, trying to hold back the tears of joy from running down her face.

“Justine!” she called out her voice filled with a warmth no one had heard from her in days. After a lengthy embrace, Aurianna turned to the second woman, a slender brunette with a prominent scar along her nose and warm eyes, “Cassi, it is good to see you both again,” She embraced her as well, each woman placing quick kisses on each other’s cheeks.

“I’m gone for less than a week, and you Paladins manage to go through all the arrows I had in reserve!” She teased as Aurianna pulled away from the hug. Ari laughed, a genuine laugh that felt good for once.

“I apologize, Master Fletcher. I assure you it was for a good cause,” Aurianna replied, bowing slightly in esteem.

“Well, I have my work cut out for me. Ari, will you grace us with your presence for dinner?” She requested playfully.

“It would be an honor.” Aurianna admitted.

“Then I shall see you this evening, and let you two have a chance to catch up,” she placed a gentle kiss on Justine’s lips, and Cassi took her leave.

“Shall I show you the quarters we were assigned?” Justine asked, wrapping an arm around Aurianna’s waist as they walked together.

“I would love that.” Aurianna admitted, reveling in the warmth of her best friend.

Jeoram sat atop the Seraphin wall, arms wrapped around his knees and staring blankly outt into the lands held by Hell. "I'm not the monster," he muttered. "I'm not the one who hurt her."

It was bad enough that the traitor had mocked him, calling him a rapist. Lies were its stock in trade. But the Lord Commander had done the same. "She wanted me," he muttered. "She came on to me. Came for me."

All right, so she needed to heal. She'd thought she was ready, and she wasn't. That just meant their first time was awkward, was all. Not that he was...

"Hey, Jeoram. How you doing?"

He looked up at the stocky figure of Barnabas, a homely man whose build made him look fat. "Not good."

Barnabas settled down next to him and offered a wineskin. "Yeah, I heard. There's a bunch of rumors about you and Ari. The two of you really..?"

Jeoram took a pull from the skin. "Yeah. And no matter what the rumors say, I didn't..."

"Never said you did." Barnabas grinned. "You're a Paladin, buddy."

Another pull on the skin. "Right! Lord Commander's probably just jealous, is all."

"Yeah," Barnabas laughed. "I know I am. She is one fine piece of ass."

"Hey! That's my fine piece of ass you're talking about!" Jeoram laughed.

"True enough." Barnabas grabbed the skin back and took a long pull. "So. How was she?"

“And that’s when Matthias saved you?” Justine asked, gently brushing Aurianna long dark hair as she rested in her lap.

“Yeah, he murdered that thing where it stood, and we fought our way out.” Aurianna replied, rubbing her eyes, still wet with fresh tears.

“And that was it? Until you came back?” Justine asked, encouraging Aurianna to open up completely.

For a moment, she considered telling her friend about the feeding, as Matthias rocked against her naked body and brought her to orgasm. She still felt some shame at her enjoyment of it, as feeding his darkness seemed to stand in opposition to the things the Order was supposed of stand for. Aphodesia celebrates all acts of love was the saying, but she wasn’t sure it was an act of love. Of lust and need and hunger, and even comfort, but not love.

“That was it.” She held on to that secret for a while longer.

“So, what happened between you and Jeoram?” She continued, running soft fingers through soft hair.

“it’s been…complicated.” Aurianna explained, sighing greatly. “We were together last night. He…” a brief pause as she tried to find the words. “We slept together.”
“What?” Justine reacted physically to that response. “What did he do to you?”

“It’s not like that, I came on to him.” Aurianna justified, her anxiety rising up in her once more.

“Ari…he shouldn’t have done that. I don’t care what you did, he shouldn’t have done that.” Justine stated softly, caressing her friends cheek.

“I just felt frozen, like I was watching him do things to my body, instead being an
active participant.” She admitted, “I didn’t say no…”

“Ari…” Justine held her close, rubbing her back in slow circles.

“Why didn’t he stop? Did he really think I was enjoying it? I was crying,” she remembered, almost vividly now. She shook hard In Justine’s arms finding time to have one more cathartic cry before Cassi returned.

******​

The three women sat around a table, finishing their meals.

“Do you remember that time you carved ‘I heart Matthias’ into you wooden practice shield?” Justine teased.

“By the gods, I had hoped to forget,” A very red and embarrassed Aurianna laughed, bringing a hand up to cover her face.

“What happened?” Cassi asked, watching the two close friends exchanging meaningful glances and laughing.

“Okay, so imagine little 13 year old Aurianna. All tall and skinny, hadn’t even grown into her curves yet. And she has the biggest crush on her new instructor.” Justine begins setting the scene, as Aurianna turns every color red of which she is capable.

“Matthias?”

“Yeah, so she gets the bright idea to carve ‘I Heart Matthias’ into her shield. And for a few months, she actually manages to keep it a secret, even as she stares at it ever second she gets.”

“Yeah, I remember I didn’t get caught until I told you about it,” Aurianna accused Justine playfully.

“I never told a soul,” Justine defended herself dramatically.

“So Matthias found out? Was he flattered?” Cassi asked, prodding the story along. Both paladins shook their heads vigorously.

“No he was pissed.” Aurianna admitted. “Gave me some long lecture about damaging temple equipment.”

“And he made her run laps around the temple, in full plate.” Justine added on.

“Full plate?” Cassi repeated, giggling along with the two friends.

“I was a skinny thing at the time. I think it weighed as much as I did.” Aurianna explained. “I am sure that half the profanities I know to this day I learned that afternoon.” All three women laughed in concert.

“After that you crossed out Matthias and wrote Jeoram on there.”

You’re right, I did,” Aurianna acknowledged with a nod.

“And you see, my love, that is how men and women fall in love. By one person choosing a lover out of scorn for a third party.” Justine announced, wrapping her arm around Cassi.

“Isn’t that how we got together?” Cassi teased Justine.

“Yeah… yeah I guess you are right.” Justine answered with a shrug. “I guess all love derived from scorn.”

Cassi stood up now, collecting the empty plates before them and carrying them over to a water bucket in the far end of the room. “I should help her,” Justine said, pointing in her direction, and Aurianna just nodded, watching the happy couple flirt as they cleaned off the dishes. They were whispering amongst themselves.

“Should we tell her?”

“I don’t want to feel like I am rubbing this is her face, not after what she’s been through.”

“Tell me what?” Aurianna asked, walking over to them, eyeing them suspiciously. They looked at one another for a moment. “Good news I hope?” Aurianna prodded further. Both women were smiling big, unable to contain their joy any longer. “So tell me! Don’t you think I want to hear happy news?”

“We have decided to start a family,” Cassi declared, positively unable to hold it in anymore. ”I am going to start trying to conceive.”

“By Aphodesia! That’s beautiful!” Aurianna exclaimed, being choked up on joy. Then confusion came over her face, “But um… I don’t quite… how does…?” She tried to ask in the most diplomatic way possible, doing awkward sign language to fill in the gaps.

“Well, you see my dear Aurianna, when two women love each other very much, they go out among the sea of men and pick the least offensive among them. And they fulfill his greatest desires by finally letting him watch. And once he has blown his load three minutes into it, one collects his seed, and applies it as necessary.” Justine elaborated, somehow keeping a straight face through the explanation. All three women were laughing again.

It would be a lie to say she didn’t feel a twinge of jealousy. That everything in Justine’s life was going perfectly, while her own world crumbled around her.

Beyond that though, basking in the beautiful happiness surrounding her, Aurianna felt a small measure of peace.

“It’s getting late, should I walk you back to your room?” Justine offered leading Aurianna towards the door.

“Could you? You don’t mind, Cassi?” Aurianna asked, looking back at her. Cassi shook her head, and the two paladins took off into the night.

It was late, late enough they only saw one or two other people on their walk back.

“So, what about Jeoram? Want me to tell him to get lost?” Justine offered. Aurianna shook her head.

“No, I’ll end it with him, in person. I owe him that much…” She reasoned

“You don’t owe him shit Ari, except maybe a broken jaw.” Justine countered, “What about Matthias?”

“That is out of my hands now. He will have his trial, and mostly like be put to death. Which is what he wants, judging by the way he is provoking everyone within earshot.” Aurianna explained with a sigh. There was a sadness gnawing at her now, that she couldn’t quite pinpoint.

“Okay. If you need to talk some more, I am willing to listen. Anytime.” Justine assured her as they came to her quarters.

“I thank you. Truthfully, this night was… it was nice. It was exactly what I needed.” Aurianna smiled down on her dear friend, kissing her lightly on the forehead.

"Are you trying to die?" The Oracle sat cross-legged in the cell, two Inquisitors standing behind her.

"Are you trying to save me?" Matthias countered. He felt like hell after Jeoram's beating, and knew he looked it.

Her glowing eyes never wavered. "Perhaps. Who attacked you?"

"Some sanctimonius prat of a Paladin. I never got his name. And stop bullshitting me. We both know I'm getting burned at the stake, unless the court opts for mercy and beheads me instead."

"Perhaps."

He glowered at her. "You know... I've only known you for two days, and I'm already sick of that 'perhaps' crap."

"Really?" The Oracle gave him a pleased -and slightly mocking - smile. "It usually only takes a few hours for that to happen. Who knew I'd have to find a demon and a traitor to make a friend?"

Matthias folded his arms and stared at her. "Why are you doing this? What's the point of taunting me, of acting like you think I might be spared?"

The Oracle didn't answer. Instead, she placed a wooden bowl on the ground. Matthias blinked in shock as she then cut her arm and let her blood drip into the bowl. "Because," she said, watching him watch the blood, "I think you have a chance. A poor chance, mind you. But a chance nonetheless."

She bound the cut with a strip of clean cloth, and rose. "Drink up," she said, leaving the cell. You'll need your strength."

"Why are you doing this?"

No response. She just gave him an enigmatic smile, and walked away.

Aurianna slept, but dreams filled her mind, dancing before her eyes.

She was in the cathedral, wearing a white dress. Not just any white dress. Fine silk and lace, exquisitely designed. At the altar she could see Jeoram, smiling boyishly at her, wearing fine ceremonial armor of gold, the same color as his long hair. His blue eyes were warm, welcoming, and full of love. She was blushing, as he gazed upon her, all the eyes in attendance gazing upon her. They stood before the altar, professing their love, and their eternal bond.

“I love you Ari,” He whispered, pulling her close to him.

“I love you too, Jeoram,” She confessed, kissing him deeply, before all her friends and the Goddess. Their lips and tongues met and teased, seeking and retreating, full of need and longing. Then there was something sharp within her mouth, the distinct feel of fangs against her lips.

“You were raped before my court and you loved it,” He hissed at her, his golden eyes full of vile lust. Six skeletal wings enveloped her now, holding her in place, so she couldn’t escape his grasp.

“Baath-Me’el,” She whimpered, powerless to pull herself way from him. His mocking laughter filled the Cathedral, shattering the windows

"She leaves now. With me." Matthias was at the Cathedral doors, his blade aflame.

"If you wanted her so badly, my slave, you should have simply said so." Baath-Me’el mocked, behind her now, cupping her breast with one hand, holding her throat with the other. The paladins who had filled the cathedral were demonic now, standing at Baath Me’el’s defense. “I wonder if you still want her, since we have already consummated our union. Isn’t that right, whore?” His teeth dug into her neck, kissing and feeding on her life, as Maathias cut a path to the Altar. She was between them now, Matthias before her, Baath behind, and she felt something warm at her core. Baath had stopping laughing, stopped biting her, had let go. She looked down, at the Hellfire blade, piercing her gut, spearing her and Baath Me’el all at once.

She woke in a cold sweat at someone knocking at her door.

Back
Top Bottom