Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“It’s terrible.” He said blandly, getting up and moving back to the far cabinet, rummaging around before returning to Nana. “It appears to be a local infection, more than likely caused from an improper setting of her leg bone.” He drew out some clear liquid into a syringe. “Lucky for you, you brought her before it became sepsis. I’ll set her legs properly and apply a new splint, and she’ll need to take antibiotics and steroids to help fight off the infection.” He said as he removed the air bubble from the needle and moved to inject it into her.

He watched Kanou suspiciously and nodded, "I can do that." He replied, before his eyes scanned over the medicines Kanou had. He took note of the pain killers, in case Nana would need them.

“You don’t have to bother stealing any.” The old man chided as he put the needle into Nana’s arm and administered the drug. “I’m starting her first dose, you can administer it through the IV I’ll give you for her or directly, just mind how much you give her, she’s small.” He removed the needle from her arm and Nana slowly started to relax. “Just don’t go getting her addicted, I’m only giving you one bottle.” He said, setting the syringe aside and working on her legs, resetting them and wrapping them up. “That should be enough, unless you wanted me to look at her hand as well?”

He nodded and stood, heading back to his supplies and getting her a saline drip and some needles. “Just hang this somewhere over her head, and I’ll have someone bring by the antibiotics and steroids later, I’ll have to get them first.” He worked on putting the IV in her arm, starting the drip for Motochika. “Let me know when this one runs out too.”

"Thanks, doc..." He muttered, taking the saline and needles. How was he going to get these back and carry Nana? He wasn't about to make two trips. He made a noise and gently set the saline bag and needles on Nana's abdomen before scooping her up carefully and carrying her back.

Nana made no protests to how he carried her back, in fact, she was asleep and looked to be, for the first time in days, not in pain. She breathed slowly, her heartbeat finally slowed to a normal pace. Up close he could see the bags that had formed under her eyes, her soft plump looking lips and thick eyelashes. She was rather pretty, and she was pretty cute when she was asleep.

He felt his cheeks heat up and he kept his gaze forward as he carried her back to the room. He set her gently on the bed and covered her with his coat so she wouldn't overheat with a blanket. He would have to go out later and get some more food for her. What did humans eat when they were sick? He didn't really know. Maybe like stew or soup? He'd figure it out.

She seemed to only improve from that point, the sour smell slowly dissipating from her. She still slept quite a bit, probably from the drugs, but at least she didn’t look like she was in pain anymore. When she woke, she looked groggy, and her speech was a bit slow, but she was at least not crying from pain. Nana watched as Motochika cleaned her hand for her, working carefully, with a focused look on his face. “You look cute..” She murmured, still watching him. “When you’re really focused... You look cute..”

He almost spilled the bottle of alcohol he was using to clean her hand with, "Wh-What? Whadda ya talkin' about? Imma ghoul, the Western Ogre. I ain't cute."

She blinked slowly, shaking her head and smiling softly. “I know... But you’ve been nice to me so far... Excpet for breaking my legs.. You’ve given me clothes and food and a place to sleep... Thank you..” Surely it was just the drugs talking, right? “I didn’t really think men like you were my type though... oh, I didn’t mean it like that- tall, you’re just really tall... I like it though..”

When he was finished, she shifted in bed shaking her head once more. “I am... But I’m not lying... You could’ve let me die, but you didn’t, and even if you hurt me sometimes, I’m grateful that I owe you my life..” She said, still watching him with half-lidded eyes.

She laid back in bed, bringing the covers back up to her nose with a nod. “Yeah..” It was like she had already forgotton what she had just said, perhaps it really was the drugs after all.

She stayed where she was, drifting in and out of sleep as he cooked for her. Food from a can that you had to heat up sounded awful, and it smelled like shit, but she seemed to like it enough, so what did it matter. It seemed like he’d have to feed her once again, but she was cooperative, so at least it was easy.

Nana sat up as he told her to, her groggy eyes shifting to focus on him so she could eat; he had to feed her, her dominant hand hurt and the drugs usually made her so tired she’d spill the food.

Nana only ate the spoonful of soup that he brought to her lips. “It tastes good... You didn’t burn it this time..” She said softly.

She laughed softly, a soft smile on her face. “I know, but it was funny..!” She said, taking another bite.

It was raining out, and quite heavily, Megohime made her way over to Masamune’s place with an umbrella and a small bag of snacks for the two of them. For Megohime a cold black coffee, and for Masamune, a cold coffee with cream and a few sweet things he told her that he liked. She rarely spent money on food items anyway, since the only thing she could really drink from vending machines was black coffee without getting sick.
Masamune usually left the front door unlocked for Megohime, so she didn’t have to climb in through the window anymore. “Masamune..!” She called as she shook out her unbrella, setting it into the umbrella stand. “I got your food, I hope they’re the right flavors!” She called as she closed the front door behind her, removed her coat and shoes, and headed inside.

She could smell blood. Not a lot but it was there. Upon entering the living room, she saw Masamune on the floor partially on his side; he was twitching and he had a cut on his head from hitting the table on his way down. He was shaking, eye rolled back so far she could only see his sclera. A bottle and a syringe was scattered across from him, was he trying to kill himself again? No, that couldn't be. She remembered him showing her his medications, it looked like what he needed to prevent his seizures.

Mego Ike dropped the back of snacks instantly, rushing to his side and dropping to her knees on the carpet beside him. “Masamune...!?” She grabbed his shoulder, looking over him with panicked eyes. Was this a seizure? Was he dying? Tears burned in her eyes as she called his name again and again with no response. She looked to the needle and bottle, the needle already filled with the medicine. She crawled over to it quickly, grabbing the needle and returning to his side.
”It’s gotta go in the muscle, or else it’ll hurt.”
She remembered his words as she yanked back his sleeve, pushing the needle into the part of his arm with the most muscle and pushing the plunger down. She emptied the entire needle into his arm, pulling it out and tossing it away before looking to his face again. Did she inject it in time?
“Masamune, c’mon, you gotta wake up, please..!” She begged, moving around and scooping his head up, cradling him against her, shaking him gently a few times. Should she inject more? Should she take him to the hospital? She felt tears run down her face as she started to cry more. “Please, I’m sorry, please don’t die..! Please be ok..!”

Back
Top Bottom