Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

"Sanada-sosakan," Associate Investigator Ishida Mitsunari stopped by Yukimura's desk, his usual cold scowl adorning his face, "It is good to see you were not done in by those creatures."

Yukimura straightened up immediately, nodding as he set the file down as he did so. “Thank you, Ishida-senpai, the doctor said I should be fine to return to full duty soon, but to not put too much strain on myself to avoid opening the sutures.”

Yukimura bowed his head to Mitsunari. “I’m truly grateful, thank you, senpai.” He said, then frowned softly. “Did they assign a new partner to me yet?”

He stood silently for a moment, whether he was trying to recall or considering withholding that information was hard to gauge with his expression. "Not to my knowledge, no. But I imagine one will be assigned to you soon enough."

Yukimura nodded and bowed his head once more. “Thank you.” He said, picking up the file he was reviewing once more.

Yukimura shook his head. “I’m just trying to remember that night..” He said, glancing at his computer as it scanned the known Ghouls database. “I don’t remember much... Just a woman..”

Yukimura watched him go before looking to his computer again. That woman’s voice kept echoing in his head, but he couldn’t remember her face, it was out of focus, blurry.

The results of his search weren’t helpful in the slightest. The profiles that came up were all for Ghouls that had died or were imprisoned. All except one. The profile didn’t have a photo to go with it, but it was the only lead he had so far, so he’d take it.

It was for the S-Rated Ghoul known as the Hostess, being known for taking humans, Doves and Ghouls alike to be dined on. That's all the info the CCG had.

This was at least a start, although Yukimura would’ve liked more, and to at least have seen her face, he could get more on her as he investigated.

Any sightings of her put her in the general area he was in last night. He would have to stalk around again or start asking people questions.

Nana’s condition only seemed to stay the same no matter what Motochika did for her. She would lay in bed and shake all day, vomiting on occasion and getting little sleep. Her skin was still clammy and pale, and he began to notice a foul odor- part of it was from not being able to stand to get to the bathroom to bathe, and the other part smelled of infection, but when he checked the bitemark, it was fine.

He ran his fingers through his hair in annoyance before giving up and taking her to Kanou. He was not his favorite person ever but Nana needed help.
"Hey, doc, ya in?" Motochika called.

Nana whimpered against Motochika’s chest in pain, every step he took was painful for her.
“Ah, Chosokabe-kun, what is it that brings you here?” The old man stepped out from behind a large machine, a slight smile on his face, that was until he saw Nana in his arms. His expression dropped slight but he made no comment on her, only clasping his hands behind his back.

"I kinda...broke her legs and I think I set them wrong...she smells sick but her fingers aren't rottin'...can ya help her? Without sneakin' a ghoul organ in her?" He requested.

He stared at Motochika, only glancing at Nana once more before moving over to the row of beds, motioning for him to set her down as he went to get a cloth gown on and a few supplies.

She kept her eyes squeezed shut, still sweating heavily, but he was sure he saw briefly a faint smile on her face.
Kanou moved over, bringing with him a metal rolling tray. “How long ago did you break her legs?” He asked as he rolled up her pants to expose her legs up to the knee. Her feet were swollen up to the ankle, and her skin blotchy with deep purple bruises. Kanou made a soft noise before carefully touching her feet, which caused Nana to cry out in pain.

Kanou said nothing, only continued to look over her legs. He glanced up at Motochika as he started to cut off the splints. “Did you set these?” He asked.

Back
Top Bottom