Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Her embrace was warm and gentle. “Oh, Masamune... You haven’t lost me, I’ll always be with you- apart of you. Both of us will. Remember? You ate us, we’ll never be apart from you again.”

He got no answer, only the heavy smell of decay and blood. He lay in Megohime’s blood, in the mess of bones and cartilage and other parts he couldn’t ingest, holding Megohime’s severed head against his chest.

She didn’t even look like herself, regardless of being a severed head or not. Her hair and eyes were stark white, and her skin was tinged green-blue, cheeks and eyes sunken in.

He whimpered and cooed to her, like she was still alive and just sleeping. She didn't die. It was all a dream. She was still here. Just apart of him now. Forever.

His delusions would continue for weeks, seeing Megohime back to how she was before she started to deteriorate. She would speak kind words to him, and whisper sinister things to him about others.
“I love you.”
“We’ll be together forever.”
“I’m dead because of Kojurou.”
“Why does he get happiness and you don’t?”

"M-Mego, please...!" He was hiding in the far corner of the bedroom, as far from her head as he could get, "K-Kojurou apologized...! H-He didn't mean for that to happen to you...!"

The severed head was rotting, no longer looking much like Megohime at all.
“Masamune,” She was crouched beside him, frowning softly as she pet his hair. “He hunted me, sent me to be harvested and even used my kagune, had he not done any of that, Matsunaga never would have gotten ahold of me.” She tilted her head. “You know he’s just as guilty, right?”

His eyes were wild, bloody tears falling down his cheeks. He had been crying so much that he popped a blood vessel.
"B-But...he said he was sorry...he didn't want that to happen...he just wanted..." He stopped. What did Kojurou want? Why did he send Megohime away anyway? Right, because he was still really frail when they were dating and Kojurou was worried. Extremely worried.
"He wanted to...k-keep me safe..."

“Safe? From me? I’ve never done anything to hurt you, not once had I ever hurt you, why would he have to keep you safe from me?” She asked, looking hurt. “No, he was jealous. He hated me, found me repulsive. He enjoyed hurting me, he wanted to see me hurt, you know that.” The night Kojurou had given Masamune a piece of Megohime’s kagune, when he found out Kojurou had used her kagune to replace his Quinque. The night Megohime had been taken away, Kojurou had run her through to keep her pinned to the wall, yet Megohime didn’t hurt Kojurou.

"Y...Yeah..." He muttered, "He was jealous, huh...? He never...he never had time for me anyway...and he was mad that you were spending so much time with me...cuz he couldn't..."

She nodded her head with a sad smile. “That’s right... He saw me as an obstacle, that’s why he had me locked away, why he had Matsunaga hurt me..” She cupped his chin gently, turning his head to look at her. “He told Matsunaga to cut me up, told him to disfigure me and steal away my life. He watched, he enjoyed my pain, my suffering. Look where he is now, he’s out living his life, and we’re here, forced to squat and eat from the dead, like worms.”

“We do... We shouldn’t have to pick from corpses, and hide in abandon buildings... Why does he get to live in a good home and eat good meals? He should get a dose of his own medicine, right?” She asked, smiling gently.

He smiled slowly, nodding, "Y...Yeah...we should punish him...all of them...every one responsible for hurting you...! They'll all get what they deserve...!"

“It’s only fair right..? They hurt me, tortured and used me, made you suffer; so it’s only fair that they receive the same, right..?” Her smile grew with his, encouraging him.

She leaned forward to kiss his forehead, smiling warmly. “Everyone will pay for their crimes, and you’ll see to that, right Masamune? You’ll make them pay for my suffering, make them suffer like I did, right?”

“Good, make me proud, Masamune..” She said softly.

The last few months had been hard on Kojurou, with Masamune’s death, and the mishap at the morgue that saw his body cremated instead of another family’s son only further hurt him. Jin stayed with Kojurou though, helped him as much as she could when he needed her, and gave him space when he asked. Their relationship deepened though, and when news broke that she was pregnant with his child, it seemed to pull him out of his depression. That was nearly four months ago, and Jin had been on maternity leave ever since, going to doctors to ensure the child would be born healthy.

The news of his child did, in fact, pull him out of a near suicidal spiral, more than happy to be with Jin and help her as she helped him.
"When do you think we can find out the gender...?" He asked her, sitting with her and just holding her.

Jin’s belly was already swelling with the new life of their child, a noticeable bump as she was already four months along. “The doctor says this next visit we can find out the gender.” She said softly, her hand holding his. It was still taking time getting used to life with only one arm, but she was making do.

“Oh? You know it’ll be a boy? Do tell how you know this~” She smiled amusedly, turning to look at Kojurou.

Back
Top Bottom