Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Megohime held onto his hand, crying softly, unable to stop her tears, not ready to die. “I’m so sorry, Masamune... I’m so sorry I couldn’t keep my promise to grow old with you..!”

“I don’t want the you in another life, I want the you in this one..!” She was crying too much now, and soon, she was coughing up blood again, wheezing and shaking.

Megohime couldn’t seem to settle down, choking and aspirating on her own blood as she managed out apology after apology.

He began to panic, shooting the medicine into her IV before holding her against him, "Hey, no, it's ok, relax...! Relax, babe, you're ok...! I promise, just try to breathe...!"

She stared up at him blindly, shaking her head. “I don’t want to die... I don’t want to leave you...” She whispered, clutching at his shirt tightly. “Please... Don’t leave me alone... I’m so scared... I don’t want to be alone...”

"Mego, please..." He muttered, "Please...it's ok...you aren't going to be alone, I will never leave you no matter what. Anything that tries to take me from you will have to rip me up first...just please relax or you'll die anyway..."

He could see her trying to fight the medication, but it was clear that it was winning. “I’m just so scared...” She muttered softly as her eyes shut, slumping against him slowly as she sunk into sleep.

"Me too, babe..." He muttered, tears pouring down his cheeks, "I'm scared as shit, but you'll be so much better now...no more hurting, no more being alone..." He pet her hair slowly, "I'll keep you with me all the time, ok? I promise, I won't leave you ever again..." He tightened his embrace around her brittle body, "I love you so much, Megohime...so, so fucking much..."

She hardly felt warm, all skin and bones against his chest, her breathing shallow and steady. Was this really it? Was this the death she deserved? A pitiful, excruciating death that left her begging and crying?

He had to make it quick. It's what he wanted from her when he was dying. He didn't like to suffer, didn't want others around him to suffer. Just make it fast, dammit. Stop letting her endure this anymore than she already has. His arms moved to encase just above her shoulders, right at the base of her neck, and with one hard and swift squeeze he felt her neck snap.

He felt her body go rigid briefly, then slump against him, a soft breath escaping her, her last one. There was no other noise in the room, Megohime’s body slumped against him as he held her tightly, finally released from her pain and suffering.

He began to shake before gathering her as close to himself as he could, wailing loudly as he rocked back and forth. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that Megohime had to suffer and die. Because she was a ghoul? She was as human as he was. She had feelings like he had, interests and hobbies like he had, so then why? Because she consumed flesh? Because she had different abilities than other humans? It wasn't fair at all that she was punished for such things. They weren't her fault. None of it was her fault. He didn't know how long he had been sitting there, holding her and crying until he had no more tears and his eyes hurt just as much as his chest did. "I won't leave you...ever again, Mego..." He muttered, throat tight and sore from crying, "We'll be together forever...I'll live for the both of us, ok...?" He laid her down on the bed gently and brushed her hair from her face before he began the painstaking process of consuming her. The way he saw it, she couldn't keep going in her weak body anymore. She had become apart of him now. It was the only way she could stay with him.

Megohime tasted awful, every bite was like eating old burnt meat, but it wasn’t due to her body being spoiled, rather from his new ghoul tastebuds.

He nearly vomited several times, the taste and texture horrid, like when he had tried to eat human food after his transplant.

It took him so long to get through most of her corpse, her innards the worst part. But that's when he noticed something, something that only sent him spiraling further. It was newly formed so there wasn't really much, but there was a larger swelling in her womb than decay would have caused from bloating. "N-No..." He muttered, "N-No, God, please...."

Megohime’s head and face was still intact, cleaned of blood and peaceful. Had she even known? This wasn’t fair, first the love of his life, now his first child?

He must've blacked out because he didn't remember anything after that. When he came to, he was curled up into Megohime's side. Her hair was black again and she looked healthy. Was it all a dream? A horrible dream from the cancer?
"Mego...?" He asked weakly.

Megohime turned her head to look down at him with a gentle smile. “You’re awake.” She reached down to caress his face gently, brushing the tears away from his eyes. “Why’re you crying? Did you have a bad dream..?”

“It was just a dream, Masamune.” She pulled him closer, holding him gently, petting his hair. “I promised you, didn’t I? That we’d grow old together..”

Back
Top Bottom