Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“About as much as I can be..” She smiled the best she could. “I’m fine, really.. just a little cough..”

She shook her head. “No, you shouldn’t be going out and doing such dangerous things yet, you haven’t even recovered from the surgery..”

“Just for a bit, let me recover a bit and I’ll go find something for you.”
Megohime would remain rather exhausted, even well into the next day, her arms and legs heavy as she climbed out of the bed and slowly made her way down to the kitchen. She tried the faucet and got nothing, but she hadn’t really expected much. She found the bag with her clothes in it, changing out of the hospital gown and grabbing the crumpled last bit of money she had. She had been getting paid by Akihime, but ever since she had gone missing, she had to ration what little money she had left. She needed to get something for the two to drink, and figured she’d amble around until she found a vending machine. Borrowing a pair of shoes at the door, and headed out.

Masamune was doing his best to get everything turned back on; power, gas, water. He wondered if there was a way to do it without someone coming out to look, especially if that someone was Kojurou.

Megohime had to walk a little way out of reasonable distance before she found a vending machine, buying waters and coffee for the both of them. She only had pocket change left, but that would be fine, once she hunted someone down, she’d just take whatever money they had on them. Gathering all of her drinks, she started back, keeping to back roads and keeping her head down.

As Masamune was cleaning, he heard the front door open, then close, and a moment later, a thud and the clatter of cans on the floor. His nose instantly detected the smell of blood, that and the smell he somehow recognized as Megohime.

When he got to the front door, Megohime was on her hands and knees picking up the drinks she had dropped. “I just missed the step, I’m ok..” She said softly; her leg was bleeding, not terribly, but it had a gash that had opened on her shin when she fell.

He moved and helped her pick everything up before helping her stand, "Here, sit on the couch, I think there's a first aid around here somewhere.."

“It’s not really a big deal.. It’s just a cut..” She said, following him to the couch and sitting down.

Megohime sat silently in wait for Masamune to return, staring down at the wound on her leg, and for a moment she let a bit of panic take hold of her. The wound on her leg didn’t hurt at all, in fact, she didn’t feel a thing.

She watched him, reaching out and petting his messy hair. “Your eye grew back... It looks good.” She said, brushing his hair back so she could see it better.

She smiled softly. “You’ve got pretty eyes.. I’m glad I get to see them.. You should wear your hair back more often...” She said, holding his shaggy bangs away from his face.

She laughed weakly, letting hair hair down. “You don’t have to have a makeover, I’m just saying you should show off your eyes, you have pretty eyes.”

Megohime smiled sadly at that. “That’s because you’re a neet, you need to get out more, talk with people.”

Megohime’s heart ached at that, knowing he’d soon be without her, and all on his own. The next week seemed to drag on painfully slow, but at the very least they had power and water. Megohime was still a bit wobbly on her feet, and strangely began to trip and bump into things as time progressed, but otherwise appeared fine. She would go out and find easy prey for them, suicide victims or elderly, preparing the meat so Masamune didn’t have to bite straight into an arm. She would find that the knife would slip sometimes, and soon her hands were bandaged heavily from the cuts.
He could see her progressively declining, and early one morning, he found Megohime on the floor, struggling to stand, and by the look of how sweaty and out of breath she was, she had been trying to get up off the floor for hours.
“I-I can’t stand up...!” She told him when he came in, panic clear in her voice.
Her red eyes had started to develop cloudy spots, milky white growths that hadn’t been there a mere six days ago- the most likely reason she was tripping and falling so often.

Back
Top Bottom