Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

She couldn’t help but laugh a little, nodding. “Yeah, you will.” Megohime said softly.
After carefully disconnecting Masamune from his machines- leaving his picc line in -she carried Masamune on her back, securing him with her kagune as she climbed out the window and to the ground, sneaking around back and taking him to the morgue where the surgery would take place.

She shook her head slightly. “No, Doc said he was gonna put you under, so you won’t be awake.” Megohime assured him, moving down the hallways and to the doors that were clearly marked morgue.

“I’m gonna be right there with you the whole time, I won’t leave you no matter what.” She said softly, hesitating before the doors. “I’ll be one bed over after all.” She said, giving him a small smile over her shoulder before pushing through the doors.
Inside was already set for surgery, sterile curtains and operating tables set up in the middle of the room, all with tools laid out on both sides of the bed. Masamune was sure the man operating on them would’ve looked like a monster, but he just looked like your average old man. He came over already dressed for surgery as Megohime laid Masamune down gently on the bed.
“So this is him?” He was smiling warmly, looking over Masamune before looking back to Megohime.
“Yeah.” Megohime herself seemed tense, moving to the bed beside Masamune’s and taking the hospital gown that was laid on top.
“Well, everything’s ready to go, just change into that and we’ll prepare for surgery.”
Megohime nodded, only moving just behind the curtain to change, then lay down. Kanou moved over to Masamune, hooking up an IV drip to his picc line, then placing a mask over his mouth. “Deep breaths.” He smiled.

As his head began to swim, and his body to numb, it was only when he was slipping into unconsciousness did he realize that the doctor hadn’t answered him, only continued to smile.

Everything went black way too quickly and he didn't remember even passing out. When he woke up, everything felt...better. Like immensely better. He could hardly believe he was ever sick.

He could hear the machines around him, hear multiple machines. He felt no pain at all, well not terrible pain, only a bit sore on his stomach. What about Megohime?

Megohime was still in the bed beside him, but she was still asleep, an oxygen mask over her face.
“Ah, I see you’re awake, a bit faster than I initially expected, but you did seem to take rather well.” Kanou moved into view, now wearing a simple dress shirt and black slacks.
“She’s alive, but she did have a few complications.”

The gentle smile still remained on his face. “She’s running a fever, and her wound isn’t healing at regular speed for a ghoul, but rather that of a humans.”

Megohime had begged Kanou not to tell Masamune, pleaded to keep it a secret.
“No, I’m afraid not. Her life’s been spent, she’ll be lucky if she heals at the rate of a human.”

Megohime lay unconscious still in her bed, sweat gathering on her brow, and her breath fogging up the oxygen mask. She was going to die? No, she just had to eat right?

Did she know this would kill her? Did she go through with the surgery even knowing that saving Masamune’s life would cost hers? Why?

Kanou turned away and moved to tidy the room more. “You’ll be able to move fully soon enough, don’t go opening your wound now.” He said, tone a bit stern.

Back
Top Bottom