Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

It felt like hours that he lay in the bed, thoughts racing through his head, but soon another sensation took priority. He felt something in his right eye socket, which previously was empty, but now felt warm. His vision in his left eye also seemed a bit off, like his depth perception had changed.

“Masamune..?” It seemed like ages before the silence in the room was broken, Kanou leaving nearly an hour ago to attend to other matters within the hospital.
Megohime was awake, watching Masamune with tired eyes, unable to sit up in bed.

Megohime’s eyes seemed sad, but they held no regret. “Yeah.” Her voice was barely a whisper. “I know... You wouldn’t have agreed otherwise...”

“Because I was going to die anyway...” Her face scrunched slightly as tears leaked steadily from her eyes. “I didn’t want to die alone... I didn’t want to be alone..”

She tried to smile the best she could, but it came out terribly sad. “I want you to live... I want you to go out and enjoy life free of illness, you have so many years left now, you’ll never need medication again, or have seizures..”

“I’m sorry..” She shook her head slowly her tears flowing freely. “I’m sorry... I was selfish...” She whispered weakly.
Kanou told Masamune of Megohime’s quickly declining health, telling him she had four months at the very best. Food wouldn’t help or reverse anything, and even with an organ transplant, her body would still die. She was weak, too weak to move much on her own, and unable to sit up in bed at all.

When Masamune was ready enough to go, he detached everything from himself and Megohime before picking her up carefully. She was so light, he about broke down again.
"You have to play your shamisen again for me before you say goodbye.." He said softly.

He could feel all the bones in her body, like she was just made of skin and bones at that point. How had he not noticed before that point? How had he not noticed how worn down and frail she had become? She only nodded. “I doubt my things are still in my old apartment... but if you get me one, I’ll play it for you..” She was so tired, knowing that even though the anesthetics were still in her system, that her fatigue had a deeper cause.

Megohime rested her head against his chest, listening to his strong heartbeat. “You’ve never talked about your parents before..” She said softly.

“I’m sorry... I shouldn’t have pried..” It felt nice to have him hold her so firmly, even though he was still sickly thin, he already had improved strength.

He shook his head, "No, it's ok...I never blamed the guy...well, maybe I blamed the mental state he was in but...he had to eat. I just wish it wasn't them..."

Megohime closed her eyes, thinking on every meal she ate- how many parents had she stolen from children? How many children from their parents? She deserved a death like this. “Sometimes... I like to close my eyes, and pretend I’m a human..” She admitted quietly. “I’d think about all the things I would do... about all the things that would be different..”

“But I’m not human...” She said, almost longingly.
It took quite a while to reach his home, but they got there. It was almost like how he left it, the gardens a bit overgrown, and inside the furniture was covered in white sheets and dusty, but not a thing was out of place.
“You didn’t tell me you were a trust fund baby..” Megohime joked as she was laid down the guest bed in the house.

She laughed weakly, then started to cough a bit, wincing in pain. Small flecks of blood were on her face and hand, which she stared at briefly before wiping it off her face with the back of her hand. “You should take care of yourself...”

Back
Top Bottom