Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“No, he’ll get angry, it really isn’t that big of an issue!” She protested as she followed after him.

He ignored her, a stubborn dog for sure. He found Mitsunari easily, he was listening to a report from Tachi.
"Ishida!" He called and Mitsunari looked up with dull eyes. He didn't seem to appreciate the lack of honorific however.
"What is it, dog?" He asked lowly. Hidemune stopped in front of him and glared.
"You're giving Minehime to Daisuke, on her own. She'll kill him." He stated. Mitsunari made a noise.
"You are worried for him?"
"I'm worried for her." Hidemune said.

Minehime finally caught up to Hidemune, moving to his side and grabbing his sleeve. “Stop, it’s not a big deal, I’ll be careful..!” it wasn’t as if Minehime killed her human partner intentionally, it was what she was, a dragon. She was a full blooded dragon and far too much power to hand over to someone still so wet behind the ears. New recruits were usually too reckless, would use their familiars magic with reckless abandon and their bodies would always give out. It wasn’t a pretty sight, a human still alive after their body was ravaged by an overflow of magic was pulled through them.

"That isn't the point, Minehime." Hidemune turned to her and she could see he was scared.
"I did say the next time you killed your handler, we would kill you." Mitsunari said, "I can understand why you would want to forget such a fact, though it disappoints me all the same."

Minehime flinched at his words, a scowl setting deeply on her face. She never killed her handlers intentionally, well, not the second or third ones. The first one was ruthlessly mean, so she snapped his neck, but the other two had been too eager to use her powers, had used too much. They got greedy and now she was the one in trouble for it. “Maybe this one won’t die too quickly..” He knew she was just as scared as him, but she had little choice in the matter.

"Sign me up with her." Hidemune demanded. Mitsunari furrowed his brow slightly.
"You aren't in a position to make demands of me."
"If you don't want the new blood to die, you'll sign her to him with me." He stated.

Minehime looked from Mitsunari to Hidemune, holding her breath as she waited for his answer. She could only hope that Mitsunari would say yes, and that the recruit wouldn’t overdo things.

"Fine." Mitsunari agreed, "If it will ensure that nothing inconvenient happens." Hidemune clenched his fists tightly.
"It won't. Thank you, Ishida-sama.." He replied.

Minehime held Hidemune’s sleeve a bit tighter, her stomach still in knots. “You didn’t have to do this..”

He pulled her along, back to their room, "Yes, I did...I don't know what the new boy is like, I don't need him hurting you or getting hurt for being stupid. If anything happened to you because of him, I don't know what I'd do.."

Kojurou had been to visit Jin in the forest surrounding the manor several times since their first meeting, Kojurou informing her of the ongoings of the world outside of her forest, and she showed him flora and fauna of which he had never seen before.

It was incredible, really. He had seen millions of types of fae and spirits but none that looked so breath taking. He would stay well passed his off hours to be with her, she brought him a peace he never had.

Jin had no issue having Kojurou spend hours within her forest, observing the fae and other creatures, watching the odd flowers and plants, even a few times finding himself dozing within the forest. It was always warm within the trees, not uncomfortably, and with an occasional gentle breeze. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, often making perfect little sunny spots throughout.

He had fallen asleep again, basking in one of the warm patches. When he woke up, his head was laying on something soft, and when he looked it was Jin's lap.

She was petting his hair gently, peeking when she felt him turn his head. “Forgive me, you looked so peaceful, I figured I would sit with you.” She said softly, smiling down at him.

“It’s quite alright, I didn’t mind.” She said with a gentle smile. “You seemed tired enough to rest for some time, so I figure I’d let you sleep.”

“It is... This forest itself seems to have its own magical properties separate from my own.” She reached out to caress a flower gently.

Back
Top Bottom