Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

DarkMudkip

Cluster
"May it be an evening star shines down upon you. May it be that when darkness falls your heart will be true." Tiny delicate fingers braided hollyhocks and chamomile flowers into long - albeit messy - brown locks of hair as the little girl cited an innocent spell of protection to her friend. She tied the end with a ribbon she had marked with a charm and smiled gently, "There you go, Yukimura. All done. How do you feel?" She asked, leaning to the side to get a better look at his expression. She and Yukimura had lived in this orphanage for as long as they both could remember. It wasn't a terrible place; they had food and beds with a warm fire and a roof over their heads. But it could have been much better. She swore to always be by his side, thus making adoption a little difficult. But she didn't mind, she couldn't bear the thought of leaving Yukimura alone. They had been together for so long, after all.

Yukimura sniffled softly as he sat in the patchy grass that surrounded the orphanage they lived in, his previously scraped and bloody knee now completely healed, only traces of dirt and drying blood left behind to prove he had done so. “Better.” He nodded, drying his eyes on the back of his sleeve. “Arigatou, Akihime!” He said, then offered a bright smile, even through the tears that still dripped from his eyes. He was always quick to cry whenever he scraped up his knees, but he was kind and gentle, and most of all- even though he cried -he was brave. He was kind and fair with all of his siblings at the orphanage and he was always rushing headfirst into things, even if it meant tripping and falling. “Your magic is always so amazing, even the headmaster says you’re far beyond your years!”

She blushed heavily and looked to the side in her shyness. "I-It isn't that amazing..." She muttered before lifting her gaze back to him, "You really think so...? Sometimes my charms don't work..."

Yukimura shook his head and shifted to face her properly. “Even so, you fix everyone’s scrapes and bumps, so thank you!” He grinned, cheeks streaked from his tears. “And plus, my magic is hardly anything at all.” He said, holding up a single finger to let a small flame flicker from the top of his finger.

She smiled almost affectionately, "I can't even do that much, Yukimura...look at this beautiful little flicker of life you can create.." She said gently, "I'm so envious of you.."

Yukimura’s smile seemed a bit sad, the fire extinguishing. “It’s not really much of an ability, it’s all I can do.” He said.

"I'm still so jealous.." She said gently, wiping away his tear stains with her handkerchief, "All I can do is heal wounds and give shotty protections...I can't bring back the dead or start even small fires or move the air or sea...you just have to practice, Yukimura, you'll be amazing one day.."

“Well, you just have to practice too!” Yukimura encouraged, smiling brightly.

Years would pass, and the two children remained in the orphanage, not a single person willing to adopt either of the two, and so soon the two older teens took on the job of caring for the younger children. Soon the headmaster would pass away, and no one else was sent to care for the children, leaving Yukimura and Akihime to be their only caretakers.

They took to calling them both mama and papa, which Akihime didn't seem to mind. She was like their mother after all, and she did love and cherish all of them. She made their clothes and cooked their food and bandaged all their 'boo-boos', caring and doting on them like a real mother would. Not being adopted didn't seem so scary now.

Masamune had been tracking this witch down for weeks, he dared to say it had been almost two months since he started his search.
"Are you sure she's around here, Kojurou?" Masamune asked. The tall man beside the wizard gave a brief nod.
"Hai, Masamune-sama. My sight is never wrong."

Yukimura took care of the house repairs and payments, doing odd jobs to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, and even though they lived without much luxuries, they were happy. Yukimura’s magic hadn’t improved much over the years, still only able to light fires for dinner and candles when night fell.

The forest that the witch had been rumored to live in was like a maze; the trees were overgrown and bunched close together, making it dark and limited the distance one could see. However, just as the tall man had said, Masamune caught a glimpse of red among the trees ahead, but only briefly.

Akihime used her magical abilities to sell healing tonics for colds and ailments, it brought in enough that Yukimura wouldn't have to fret so much about expenses. She told him everyday that his abilities would get better, he was just a late bloomer and it happened often enough to not be uncommon. Though it didn't seem to ease him.

"I can't see a damn thing through these trees." Masamune hissed. Kojurou didn't seem bothered.
"Just keep going, Masamune-sama. We're almost there." He assured.

Soon, the trees would thin a bit and in the back of a small clearing, was a run-down looking cabin; and though small, it had a large, ominous presence.

"This is it, then?" Masamune asked. Kojurou nodded.
"I am never wrong." He replied. Masamune made a noise and moved to sit in the tree line, watching the house intently.

There was light coming from within the house, but from the one small window in the front, he saw no movement inside. Surely this is where the witch was, there was no doubt about it, especially when half rotten and clearly very dead rats slowly started to pester Masamune.

The rats didn’t seem bothered by the fire, only when they were simply charred to a crisp did they stop. Once all of the rats were defeated, Masamune saw movement in the window, the curtains shifting and a face peering out briefly.

The face vanished from the window before he could get a good look, and even then the face was mostly hidden by a red hood.
”Hey you.”
A distorted woman’s voice called out from above Masamune in the trees, in which sat a murder of crows, eyes glowing an unnatural red. All of them stared down at him, heads tilting each which way as if trying to get a better look at him. Had those crows just spoken to him?

”Black witches? Tall tales- what is it you’re here for?”
The crows flapped their wings and shifted uneasily, as if they could feel the danger in the air, but still, whomever was controlling the birds didn’t answer the question.

"I need a witch, my familiar brought me here. And considering you're speaking to me through a murder of crows, that doesn't really help your case now does it." He stated, "I need you to come with me."

The crows all let out a loud laugh, as though the person behind them had found what Masamune said profoundly humorous.
”Fair enough, but who will believe you when you say you were speaking with crows?”
A single crow flew down and perched on a low branch to face Masamune.
”And come with you? I have no obligation to do such an obsurd thing. Leave, and take your pet with you.”

The crow stared at him for a moment before opening its beak to speak.
”Stay there and rot then, I’m not leaving.”
And with that, the crows eyes returned to black and it quickly flew off, as if it had returned back to a simple wild animal.

Back
Top Bottom