Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Days would pass and the door to the small home never opened, but the smoke from the chimney and the smell of food cooking every-so often made it apparent someone was indeed still inside; surely one of them would give in soon?

”Are you sure that you won’t just die before then?”
The voice came from a rabbit this time, sitting on its haunches staring at Masamune with those same eerie red eyes.
”By the looks of it, someone’s placed a curse on you, which is why you need me, right? Well it seems whatever curse it is will consume you tonight once the full moon rises in the sky.”

The rabbit stared at him, nose twitching slightly.
”Do what you wish, but don’t expect me to bury your corpse when that curse consumes you tonight.”

The black witch sat inside her home, warming herself by the fire as the night fell to pitch black, only the moon illuminating the clearing outside.
“What’s with that man?”
She muttered to herself as she warmed her hands, even in her heaviest red robes it was so cold it chilled her to the bone.

She could hear him groaning in agony, trees and branches cracking as he changed. And then there was nothing. Complete silence. Looking out the window to check on him, she was met with a large blue reptilian eye glaring into the house.

Megohime stumbled back in fear, letting go of the curtains and nearly knocking over a table full of potions in the process. All she could hear was her heart beat in her ears, eyes wide as she stared in stunned silence at the window.

"Please come out and assist my lord in his dilemma." Kojurou called from outside the door, "Otherwise he is liable to destroy your home."

Megohime’s legs shook in terror and she ground her teeth together. “Help him? You’re joking..!” She waved her arm out in front of her, chanting softly under her breath as the ground outside began to rumble. Dozens of corpses pulled themselves from the earth, all snarling and lumbering toward Masamune and his familiar, ready to defraud their master.

Masamune torched them easily, smashing some with his tail and front hands, annoyed with how childish she was being.
"Please come with us. We will repair any damages." Kojurou said calmly.

“Go with you? You followed me three miles through to woods, staked out my home for three days, and now are threatening me with bodily harm!” Megohime snapped from inside, raising more and more dead. “Leave me alone!”

"We cannot." Kojurou replied as Masamune continued to char the undead thar came at him. "If you do not comply, he will devour you."

Megohime’s hands trembled even as she worked, but she still managed to pull more undead up. There was just no reasoning with these two, was there? This was how she was going to die.

After a couple more seconds, the massive dragon brought his hand down over the house, breaking a large hole where the door was before reaching in and grabbing Megohime.

His massive hand nearly destroyed the inside of the house, smashing the tables and knocking over the cauldron. He could feel her squirm as his hand wrapped around her small frame and pulled it out of the house, her screaming the entire time as she beat on him with her one free arm. She was younger than he thought, maybe a few years younger than himself, with long black hair as dark as raven wings and dark scarlet eyes. Surely this wasn’t the woman he was looking for? All of the tips he had received had been that the woman he was searching for was an old woman- a hag, perhaps this was her apprentice?

Megohime flinched every time Masamune shifted her, flames starting to flicker around her being as she subconsciously conjured a destructive spell.
Masamune could smell her fear; not only was she young, but was she this green? Had she never seen a dragon before, even for a young witch that was strange, and especially so for a black witch.

It was a bit late for a warning though, both Masamune and the witch erupting in a firey explosion, making the ground rumble beneath them.

"Oh dear..." Kojurou muttered. Masamune's grip on Megohime only seemed to tighten, not a roar or wail of agony sounded from the beast. In fact, he only rumbled in annoyance.

A pained cry came from the witch, along with the scent of blood, but when the smoke cleared, Masamune could see that she hadn’t harmed herself with her own attack, rather two of his claws dig deep into her arm and shoulder. She also seemed to be struggling to breathe, beating on his hand once again as she gasped for breath, his tightened grip crushing the air from her body.

Masamune loosened his grip a bit, not wanting to kill her. He looked to Kojurou and passed her over, the familiar carrying her rather easily.

Megohime groaned as she was handed off to the familiar, her vision blurry and black spots coming in and out of her sight. “Let me go..” She demanded weakly, her arm feeling like it was searing and numb all at the same time, blood slowly seeping through her clothes and into Kojurou’s. The last thing she remembered before everything went black was the night sky, and the full moon.

Back
Top Bottom