Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Suddenly, the magic that made the air heavy vanished, the wind stopped, and the creature stopped moving forward. It appeared to be looking at Kojurou, letting out a deep rumble before speaking in an equally deep and ancient voice. “You... You’re the current heads familiar, are you not?”

Kojurou cancelled his barrier and stood carefully, dusting off his coat, "I am." He replied simply, his voice still shaking from struggling with his barrier.

“Why do you allow that demon to live then?” It rumbled, meaning Megohime.
“I’m just as much his fa-”
“Silence.”
The forest itself rumbled, and birds flew from the trees in fear.

"I allow her to live because it is the will of my lord to have her live." He answered calmly. He turned his head Megohime and gave a small nod, "Please let me handle this, Megohime-dono.."

Megohime didn’t argue, only nodding, still shaking from the overwhelming power this being had exuded.
“And why does her permit such a thing to live within these walls?” Walls? Did it mean the forest?

"She was once a witch that he had fallen in love with. She was returned to him after her death and transformation. She means no harm to the forest, she merely wishes to live in peace with my lord." He answered.

It seemed to think about Kojurou’s a series for a moment, then it exhaled slowly, the large glowing eyes disappearing as it closed them. “Very well, I shall accept your answer.”

The creature only gave another low rumble, then slowly receded back into the forest, much more quietly then one would expect of a creature so large.
Megohime turned to look at Kojurou, face pale. “What was that..?”

“How did he not wake up from that..?” She slowly got the her feet, stumbling a bit before looking to the castle, which was completely quiet.

Megohime nodded and followed Kojurou inside, heart still pounding from seeing the beast, had that been what was chasing her through the forest?

When they returned inside, Masamune was in fact awake and was working hard in his alchemy room.
"Masamune-sama?"
"Kojurou!" Masamune flew to the railing to look at both of them, "Thank God, you're both ok!"

Megohime still felt like she’d turn to jelly right there. “Hardly, but still in once piece thanks to Kojurou..”

"I've been trying to figure out what that thing was!" Masamune seemed eccentric as he headed back into his alchemy room. Kojurou furrowed his brows gently.
"You mean you don't know?"
"No! Why would I?!"
"Well...it is your property, Masamune-sama.." Kojurou said as he headed up the stairs.

Megohime made a face, using the shadows in the hallway to move closer to Masamune upstairs, trailing after him. “That thing, it chased me when I first came back, it had the same energy to it.”

"It did?" Masamune looked back in shock before looking down, the gears in his head turning. Kojurou entered the room, looking as serious as always.
"I've never felt any other energies coming from the woods before. So whatever it is, it's powerful." He said.

Megohime made a face. “But I’m sure it didn’t look like whatever was outside just now, it wasn’t that big- or even remotely that shape for the matter.”

Megohime trailed after him, hairs on her body still standing on end. “I’ve never felt magic like that, it felt like the magic that flows through the earth- the kind that nymphs and other earth spirits use -only magnified countless times...”

Masamune made a noise, acknowledging her words as he dug through the shelves for his father's diary. "He never liked talking to me, my dad...not after my curse..." He said, finding the book and slowly flipping through the pages.

Back
Top Bottom