Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

The tips of her pointed ears burned red, and Megohime gently took Masamune’s hand, nuzzling his knuckles before kissing them gently. “Smooth talker..” She said softly.

Megohime held his hand and listened to his breathing until it became slow and steady. Once she was sure he was asleep, she carefully removed his boots and set them aside before covering him with a blanket, standing over him and gently brushing his hair from his face. “You don’t even have to try you know..” She whispered, then headed down and out to the garden.

She didn't know long she had been sitting out there before she felt another presence, "Didn't want to be cooped up in there?" Kojurou asked gently as he approached.

“Ah... Sorta..” She said, resting her chin on her knees. “I figured I’d let him sleep for a while.” She was watching the butterflies and dragonflies that flew in and out of the garden, a soft frown on her face. “I almost got him killed again..”

She looked and nodded, motioning to him that the spot was all his. “I know, but how he feels is different.. In reality, had I not been there, they never would have attacked him..”

“What do you mean? Do they want to hurt him..!?” Megohime asked, perking up and staring at Kojurou with worried eyes.

"The other familiars have spoken to me as a curtousy about the feelings their masters have for Masamune-sama. Apparently, no one had really liked having a cursed wizard in their midst so they were planning to take his life should his curse become a problem." He said, "But they would have a difficult time with us around." He smirked.

Megohime’s face grew serious and she nodded, clenching her fist. “They wouldn’t even get too see his face.” She said firmly.

"They would barely come close to the manor before dealing with us." He said, "Your abilities as a familiar are only stronger with you once being a power witch in your time."

Her expression only fell again, and she sunk back down. “In my time, huh...? I accidentally let it slip, the whole burning at the stake thing, his face looked so sad..”

“Not much of me returned really..” She said with a sad smile. “But I appreciate your words.”

She felt the same tears of frustration coming to her eyes just like every time she looked in the mirror. “My body, it’s barely human, the only thing human about me is my face...” She held up a pitch black arm, claws glinting in the sunlight. “Sure I’m a familiar, but at least you have a human form...”

"You have a singular form that looks human despite these things." He told her, "I was not born with a human guise, mine was given. Do not let such a small thing such as your appearance hinder you, or you won't serve our lord well." Sure, it sounded rude, but he was right. Her gifts differed drastically from his, but they both served Masamune the same.

She blinked and let her arm drop back down to her side. He was right, she was so focused on how she looked, that she hadn’t even really let it sink in just how much more powerful she was now. She rested her chin on her knees, thinking quietly. Masamune had never been bothered by the way she looked, even with her hooves and tail, he still flirted with her. He still pet her head, and he still tried buying horrendously ugly dresses for her to wear.

There was a faint gust of wind and feathers and Kojurou no longer sat beisde her; instead was a large shimmering mint colored bird with the sharp features of an eagle with large delicate tail feathers that cascaded down the garden stone and swept gently along the grass, "I am not human, do I not serve Masamune-sama well?" He asked, his beak not moving but she could hear him clear as day.

She turned to face him, tears in her eyes. “You do..” She reached out and carefully touched the birds cheek, cupping it gently with a clawed hand. “You protected him when I could not, and you kept him company when I could not... I’m so grateful to you, Kojurou, you’ve kept what I love the most in this world safe..” She said with a soft smile.

He trilled softly, enjoying the soft show of affection, "It is my duty as his familiar to serve and protect him. I will serve you as best as I can as well."

“I’ll do my best from now on as well.” She said, wiping her tears away with a firm nod.
The two of them felt it at the same time, crushingly overwhelming magic, approaching fast through through the forest just in front of them. It had appeared out of no where, neither of them feeling it until it was nearly on top of them.

Kojurou jumped back into his human form immediately and barely formed a protective barrier in time. The magic was so overwhelming that it forced him to take a knee just to keep it up.

Megohime was barely even able to summon her shadows to protect herself with, struggling to just keep them up and around her. “Wh-What’s happening..!?” She choked out, watching as a massive looming shadow slowly appeared in the tree line of the forest. “What.. What is that..?!”
The massive creature had two glowing eyes, and from its shadowy mass looked to be sprouting tree roots and branches, but that was all that could be seen.

Back
Top Bottom