Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“Ah, I’d rather not look like Kojurou if I could.” She teased, stifling a bit of laughter. The walk was a nice one, the most of their journey being through the massive forest that surrounded the Date castle, Megohime quiet as they entered town.

They moved through town with relative ease, reaching a large manor about half the size of Masamune's. Masamune knocked with the giant door knocker ans the door opened on its own, "We're here!" Masamune smiled.

“Is it a meeting hall? What do you do here?” She stayed inside his shadow even as they entered the elegant looking manor, the doors closing behind them on their own, just as they had opened.

"It's like a fancy club house. We kinda just talk about achievements and studies. Sometimes we gather together and discuss discoveries." He told her, "You can come out, it's a safe space."

His shadow darkened, then swirled as Megohime rose from the inky blackness, moving close to him and holding onto his arm, looking around with wary eyes. “Are you sure it’s safe? You warlocks seem to be the rash type.” She muttered, half joking.

She looked up at him with an uninterested expression. “There’s a difference?” She said flatly, almost like she was picking fun at him.

He grinned and walked with her out of the entry way and into the main room, where a large group of men stood around talking to each other.

Megohime looked around in awe, there were more people than she thought, all rather distinguished looking. She recognized a few people who were standing in the room were familiars, and quite a few other men had animals with them, also familiars.

Megohime felt increasingly uncomfortable, lowering her gaze and gripping Masamune’s sleeve tightly. “I-I don't suppose they’re looking at you, right..?”

"I wish they were..." Masamune whispered, his voice tense. That's when they all shot some kind of element at them; fire, ice, lightning, anything they had they sent toward them. But it never touched them. Kojurou stood before Masamune and Megohime, his hand outstretched and the magics dispelling harmlessly.

Megohime had her eyes closed tightly, death-gripping Masamune’s sleeve, but she wasn’t just cowering. Shadows slowly rose from behind her, her robes moving like she was summoning power, and a mass of writhing, inky shadows towered over her and Masamune. Her face was hidden by the shadow cast over her face, but it was clear she was more than a little upset.

"Are you out of your mind?! Binding with a demon?!" One of them yelled. Masamune scowled.
"She's not a demon, she's my girlfriend.." He stated.

“Maybe we should just go..” Megohime whispered, keeping her gaze down, fighting the scowl that twisted her face.
All the familiars in the room were tense; wolves growled at her, cats hissed, snakes coiled up, and birds flapped their wings.
“Girlfriend..?!” Another man protested. “Date, have you lost your mind..?! She’s a damned demon! She isn’t some nymph you found in the forest!”

"She's more than a demon! She was a witch, she's smart and amazing and wonderful! And I..." He stopped and lowered his gaze, "I lost her...this is the only way I could get her back..."
"Well, as tragic as that is, you aren't welcome here as long as you have her."
"That's fine by me." Masamune huffed.

The shadows slowly receded, and Megohime looked to Masamune in shock. “Wh- Masamune, no! Don’t give up your Tribunal! I can just stay at home..!” She protested quietly.

"Not welcome means I have to give you up, Mego. I don't need these nerds anyway. Kojurou."
"Hai." Kojurou bowed to the wizards and his fellow familiars before moving to leave with Masamune. Masamune held Megohime's hand, shaking gently as they left.

Megohime didn’t have any words to speak as they left, only glancing back at the room full of wizards and familiars before the doors slammed shut behind them. Megohime frowned, looking down at Masamune’s hand holding hers, eyes sad as she simply followed, feeling him trembling.

Megohime squeezed his hand gently as they walked, opting to remain at his side rather than return to his shadows.

Back
Top Bottom