Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

As he moved further into the home, he was overwhelmed by the smell of blood, which was smeared all across the floors, on the walls and even on things that had been dumped onto the floor. There Nana was on the floor amidst the things that had been piled there, groping around with her back to him. “Not here.... Not here..!” He could hear her muttering, but she didn’t seem to have heard or even noticed him yet. Her hands were covered with blood, leaving blood on everything she touched as she crawled along searching for gods know what. Had she hit her head? What happened?

Nana slowly turned her head to look up at Motochika, only it was more than clear she only turned to face him judging on where she heard his voice. Her face was a bloody mess, and her eyes were completely destroyed. “I-I can’t find your pelt... It’s too dark in here... I-I can’t find the candles either...” She sounded almost like she hadn’t yet realized her situation, or rather her brain had short-circuited.

Something besides blood started to leak down her face, and he could only assume it was tears. “I can’t find it..!” She wept, fists clenched and face twisting in anguish. “He took it..! He took it..!” She was shaking now, and looked pale. There was a lot of blood on the floor, but the bleeding from her eyes was already stopped, so she didn’t seem to be in any immediate danger, but she was acting as if she hadn’t just been blinded, more worried about his pelt again rather than herself. It had to be shock, Nana told him about it, saying it happened when someone witnessed something terrible, or when a grievous wound was inflicted upon a person.

He moved over and frowned softly, "Come on, let's clean your wound." He said, helping her stand and walk, "What can't you find?"

She held onto him firmly, stumbling and tripping as they went. “Your pelt..!” She was practically blubbering at this point.

His blood ran cold. His pelt was missing? Oh, God, his pelt was missing. He sat her down and grabbed the first aid, "I'll find it, don't worry.."

“I thought you were the one in the house, I didn’t think it could be someone else..! I’m so sorry..! I’m sorry!” Her eyes were in bad shape, and though they were cut cleanly, infection could easily take her if her wounds weren’t treated properly. Would she need a healer? Was there even one in this little city?

Surely there had to be a human healer somewhere around here. He cleaned her eyes carefully and tried to keep from shaking, "Hey, hey, hey, it's ok...you're ok, I'm not upset...let's just worry about this, ok?"

Nana was a little less than cooperative, shaking and crying from the pain of him having to clean her eyes. By the end, she was shaking so hard she had to lay down.

"I'll find it, don't worry...you did your best." He told her and kissed her head gently before going to grab a bottle of milk of poppy.

Nana lay on the futon Motochika had haphazardly spread out for her, whimpering softly at the burning pain in her eyes from him cleaning her eyes. Before the shock had kept the pain away, but now it had faded away completely.

Her lips trembled, but she did just as he told her to. She drank slowly, small sips of the bitter liquid that made her tinge tingle. When she had a few mouthfuls, she stopped, only grabbing Motochika’s sleeve. “You should try to get your pelt.. Please, I don’t know what I would do if you had to leave me..”

"I will, Nana. I'll hunt high and low. Jist relax, alright? I'll find a healer for your eyes." He told her, "I love you so much...'

“I love you too..” He could tell the milk of the poppy was already starting to work, her speech becoming slightly slurred.

Nana wouldn’t be going anywhere, slowly sinking into unconsciousness that swallowed her up like the sea.

Motochika left the house and stopped just a few paces ahead of the house when he saw a man with his pelt. His blood ran cold and his eye widened.
"Why do you-?"
"I noticed your spots when you left the market. Ain't no one has tattoos like a seal on their back. It don't make sense. So I went to find yer pelt and that woman came in." The man huffed. Motochika clenched his fist tight.
"What do you want?"
"Yer nice house~ and yer woman~"
"I'll break your neck if you even touch a hair on her head."

This scum, he had already blinded Nana and stolen his pelt, and now he wanted more? How greedy could he get?

He wiggled the pelt and Motochika glared. There wasn't anything he could do. The magic of the pelt bound him to whoever owned it, so he couldn't raise a fist to him. He turned and headed back to the house, clenching his jaw when he heard the man cackle.

Back
Top Bottom