Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

She blushed a bit as she picked another pickled vegetable from her bowl of food, munching on it and averting her eyes. “I-It’s nothing special...”

She only blushed more, looking rather embarrassed. “Thank you... I was worried my cooking was no good, but I’m glad to hear that you like it..”

She held up her hands and shook her head. “I-I just figured I was average at cooking, and people only bought my food because it was cheap..!” It sounded silly now that she said it aloud. “Ah..” She sunk down, looking defeated. “It sounds so ridiculous now that I say it out loud..”

"Nana, you think too little of yourself." He moved closer and nudged her affectionately, "They buy the food cuz it's great...same reason why I eat it."

She looked up at him and nodded, offering a shy smile. “I’ll work on my perspective... I do rather enjoy my cooking..”

The next day while they manned the food stall, Motochika was passing out food faster than Nana could make it. "Does no one eat enough these days?"

Nana only shook her head. “I don’t know, but we might have to close the stall down soon, we’re nearly out of fish here.” She said with a disappointed frown.

She nodded as she cut up the last of the fish. “Thank you, Motochika, you’re a lifesaver.” She said, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. “If you get something you want for dinner, I’ll cook it for you.”

He gave a noise of delight, thinking of all the crustaceans he could catch and ask her to make. He removed his arms from the sleeves of his yukata and pushed it to bunch at his waist, "I'll be back before you know it."

“Be safe!” She called after him as he headed off back toward the beach to catch more food for their stall, humming softly to herself as she worked.

As he walked through to get to the beach, a scraggly little man eyed the spots on Motochika's back that no one really cared much about - many assumed they were tattoos since he loved the sea and they did get the occasional spotted seal. But this man knew better. Much better.

This town was a fishing town, but unlike most other fishing town, lore or mythical creatures wasn’t much talked about, which was mainly the reason for the two of them moving to where they did, since not many people knew of the stories of Selkies anyway.

He slipped away relatively unnoticed and made his way to where he knew Motochika and Nana lived, breaking in rather easily before he began rumaging around to find Motochika's pelt.

Nana had felt so silly when she realized that she was running out of her spices and seasonings at the stall as well, having to close it down temporarily anyway to run home and get more. She was hoping she could get home and back to the stand before Motochika noticed, so she was in a hurry and didn’t notice that the front door was slightly ajar as she quickly slipped inside.

When she entered the living room, it was a wreck. Like a tsunami came through and destroyed the place. She heard something coming from the bedroom. Was Motochika here?

She slowed down a bit, but was tense, moving toward the bedroom before calling out. “Motochika? Did you forget your net?” She called as she stepped into the bedroom.

Nana stumbled back, letting out a scream of pain as she clutched her hands to her face. The pain was really the only thing she could register, laying on the floor and trembling, barely hearing the footsteps that quickly fled the house.

Motochika had finally returned with a full net, way too excited for crab and shrimp he was going to ask Nana to make. But when he returned to the stall, it was closed and she was gone. His spine tingled and he abandoned the net as he booked it back to the house. "Nana!!"

How long had she closed the stall for? Had something happened? Maybe he had just missed her and she had returned home to look for him. When he finally came to their home, the door was left wide open, showing the mess inside. He could still hear someone rummaging around in the house, but Nana wouldn’t have destroyed the house like that.

Back
Top Bottom