Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

"Ah, well there's a lot of training involved." Hidemune said, smiling softly. Daisuke looked enthralled.
"That's fine! What you two did was...incredible!"

Hidemune could see the disgust and anger in Minehime’s eyes, but the boy couldn’t. He was naive, a fool, if he thought their organization was in anyway good.

"Thank you! I hope we can work together some day!" He bowed quickly before going back into town to see if he could find where all his money and his shop had gone. Hidemune glanced down at Minehine and smiled softly.
"We have no say, Mini, you know that...if he wants to join, we have to give him our blessing.."

“Why, so he can become my handler?” She let out a huff and turned her head away. “The order already hates me, I wouldn’t doubt they’d hand me off to a kid like him.”

“Meat, I want meat.” She followed after him, a bit of a bounce in her step as she followed.

"Mutton it is." He pat her head gently as they headed into the next town over, where Hidemune bought Minehime her own weight in mutton; about two whole goats. "When we get home, we'll laze about and do nothing."

Far up the coast, many miles from the city that was attacked by the horde of undead, was a small and peaceful little fishing city nestled in the side of a mountain. Most people made money selling fish and other sea life as food or medicinal products, and Nana and Motochika easily made their own. Motochika was beyond skilled at catching all kinds of sea life, and Nana knew which spices and vegetables went best with the sea life, and so flourished their little business of catching, cooking, and selling meals at a small stand, which brought in good money for the two, allowing them to purchase their own little home on the outskirts of the city.

Motochika loved the exercise going out and hunting gave him, as well as raw snacks of crab and squid he snagged along the way. He loved providing for Nana and doing what he could for her. He loved her more than he loved the sea.

Nana loved Motochika, and loved cooking the food he brought home for her. She would make him meals as well as the ones she would sell, cooking anything he asked, making him large and extravagant meals. She loved the look of excitement he got just before he’d dig into the food. All was going well, their life was peaceful, and Nana’s stores of herbs and spices was steadily growing as they made more and more money.

Nana looked up with a smile from her herbs and spices she had just got from the shops, setting them aside and moving to give Motochika a big kiss on the cheek. “It seems it has, thank you for catching fish for our shop, everyone has been begging we bring back the yellowtail dish again.”

Nana helped him bring the fish in and lay them out for cleaning and preparation. “I’ve never doubted your ability to catch fish.” She praised.

Nana only smiled as she tied her hair and sleeves back, bringing out their knives so she could clean the fish. “So are you done for the day or are you going back again?” She asked as she cut the fish.

She nodded with a smile. “Stay for lunch, then you can take the innards with you for chum.” She said, motioning to the bucket of tuna innards she had to the side of her.

Maybe he would catch a shark for once. The last time he did, the money lasted them a month. Shark meat was hard to come by, what with the creature being so dangerous and all. He felt himself salivating and wiped his mouth quickly.

Nana would only laugh a bit and tease him about drooling, making enough food for Motochika and some for the stand, using salts to preserve the rest of the fish for later.

Back
Top Bottom