Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime was still embarrassed about her inability to control her shape at times, changing form without meaning to and being unable to change back to the shape she wanted. She let her eyes drop to the floor and she nodded. “I promise to protect you... I won’t let anyone hurt you...”

She let him take her hands, smiling softly and turning her face away to hide it. “H-How do we make the pact..? Is it different when a demons involved?”

"A little? Since you're already here, I don't have to give up my blood to summon you." He grinned, "And I already know your name so the binding will be easy."

Megohime fidgeted a little, and Masamune could’ve sworn he saw a tail peek out momentarily from under the blanket. “Ok, and what do I have to do..?”

"Well, I do need a couple, uh...Hell specific things from you...assuming you can go back. But..." He grabbed a book and flipped through, "I don't think they're wholly required at this point in time.."

“I can get them!” She said almost too quickly, looking eager, infact, the tail Masamune thought he had glimpsed was confirmed when he saw it practically wagging. “What do I need to get? I’ll get them!”

He smiled softly and laughed softly, "Ok, ok...I can see you're quite enthusiastic about this. Um, for the binding and contracting of a demon we will neeeeeed..." He flipped through some more before finding what he needed, "a demon heart, a charred bone from a damned soul and a black gem."

Megohime nodded. “It might take some time to get those, but I can definitely get the materials.” She said with a smile.

The weather as of late had been terrible, heavy black clouds hanging in the sky over the city for days, a wind so cold it chilled you down to the bone, yet no rain ever came. With Akihime now out of work due to the orphanage being burned to the ground, Daisuke was only able to trade the wild herbs and vegetables he found in the mountains to trade in town for goods they would need.

Akihime made herbal remedies with a bit of her white magic for Daisuke to sell as well; things for illness or better health and things. They didn't always sell, but when they did the money was good. With the weather being so bad, a lot of her health remedies were sold by the crate load. He was restocking all the bottles when he heard a woman scream, and upon looking there were hoards of the undead running through the town and killing all in their path. His breath halted in his throat and he hid in his stall, covering his ears.

Even with his ears covered, he could hear the stampeding of the cityfolk and the undead. Some shambled around like stiff corpses, and others ran and moved as though they still were alive. The noises only grew louder as the activity was slowly brought into the market where most of the people were already gathered; were they going to find Daisuke? Could they smell him?

He shut his eyes tight, hoping, praying he wouldn't be found. It was like he was in a nightmare that he couldn't wake up from. God, he didn't get to say goodbye to Akihime.

He felt the small wooden stand he was hiding behind jolt hard and be pulled away from him slightly. His eyes met a giant of a corpse, blood and drool dripping from his open mouth as it stared down Daisuke, then it lunged for him with a growl. Before it could lay even a finger on him, something slammed the monster to the ground, a sword through its head.
It was a girl, she stood up from a crouched position, pulling her short sword free of the monsters head with ease and looked around the area, probably for her next target. She only looked a few years younger than him, but she was dressed as a knight.

He stared in awe of her before he was pulled to his feet.
"Are you hurt?" He looked at a young man about the same height as him, with black hair pulled into a small ponytail and calm blue eyes. Daisuke shook his head slowly, this young man was also dressed similarly to the girl who saved him. "Good, please evacuate to a safe distance. We will handle this." Daisuke only nodded before rushing off out of town. The young man moved to the girl and made a noise.
"Do you see what summoned them? A necromancer, anything?" He asked her.

The girl shook her head, sheathing her sword on her hip and looking to him. “I cant track down the caster, the dead and the townsfolks scent is masking his, but he’s here.” She spoke, but her mouth never opened, never moved, only the young man heading her voice in his head.

She gave a nod and headed off down the cobblestone road, rounding a corner and disappearing quickly to dispatch more undead.

He sniffed around slowly, trying to locate any odd smells before calmly heading off toward the cemetery. It would be too obvious for a necromancer to be there but it was still worth a look. His form began to change into a large dog with fur black as pitch and he moved easily through the graveyard.

With his sensitive hearing, he could hear his partner off in the city, still taking out undead, but she was hardly finding any trouble with them.

That's good, at least. He never really had to worry about her too much. He kept sniffing around before finding what he wanted; the necromancer wasn't too far from the graveyard, he could smell the magic and death over the stench of the graves.

Minihime had finally tracked down and killed all of the zombies, cleaning the blood from her blade before sheathing it once more, she headed to where most of the townsfolk had gathered, waiting there for Hidemune. None of the people smelled like they had any affliction from the dead, which was good, but they still kept their distance from her, and she from them.

She turned to face him and gave a nod. “Everyone here is fine, no one afflicted.” She communicated as she moved over to him, resting one hand on the pommel of her sword. “Did you find the necromancer?”

"I did, and he's dealt with." He answered before petting her head gently, "Good work today."
"Hey!" Hidemune looked up when Daisuke rushed toward them, eyes wide in awe, "Let me join your knight order!"

She seemed to rather enjoy him petting her head, smiling a toothy grin, beaming at him before it vanished when she heard the human boy speak up behind them. Her smile dropped into a scowl, and she kept her back to the boy, only glancing at him over her shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom