Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He couldn’t seem to pinpoint where the possible enemy was, but every lightening strike seemed to hit inside the forest that surrounded them. What was going on?

While Kojurou tried to determine the cause of the odd storm, Masamune returned to his room to see if he could manage some sleep.

The door shut behind Masamune with a soft click, the sound of thunder rolling in through the open window, which was causing the curtains to billow wildly from the bizarre storm just outside. The wind must have pushed the window open, plain and simple, only, he didn’t feel alone.
His ears picked up on the faintest of noise, the sod shift of fabric as someone moved, and a soft clack on the wooden floor in the far corner of the bedroom.

Masamune looked over to where he heard the sound, too tired and depressed to really deal with an intruder. He just wanted to sleep, or die, which ever came first.

He found glowing red eyes staring back at him, thin pupils like a cats or a reptiles, but whatever it was didn’t move to attack.
“Masa...mune...”
That voice, he would know that voice even if his hearing had been robbed from him. It was the one that haunted his dreams, plagued him daily, his beloveds voice.

His eye widened and he took a step back. "No...you're dead...I watched you die!" He covered his face and shook his head, "I must've passed out on the stairs or something..."

He heard fabric rustling once more, and onther few clacks on the floor as the creature moved forward.
“M-Masamune..!” It called again, this time the voice quivering with emotion. Why was this thing here, tormenting him with his lovers voice?
Megohime’s face came just into view, the faint moonlight that did come through the window illuminating her face. She wasn’t horribly burned, in fact, her face didn’t have a mark on it. The only difference was her eyes. Though they remained red, they had a more feral appearance to them. She wore a black cloak, hiding her body, and she stopped where she was. Her face was twisted with emotion, looking like she would cry at any moment, but surely the horrid beast that was wearing her face couldn’t shed tears.

"Shut up! How dare you steal her face! Her voice! What, your master thought he could get another laugh in?! Is that it?!" He snapped.

“N-No..! You’re wrong..!” She looked sad, tears black as tar slipping down her face. “Masamune... it’s me..”

"Shut up!!" He shot a bolt of lightning at her, tears streaking his face, "She's dead! She's dead and it's my fault...I couldn't save her..."

The beast took the lightening bolt with a grunt of pain, but only staggered. She lowered her head, face scrunching up as she began to cry. “Where else am I supposed to go..?” She asked him. She even cried just like Megohime. Why, why did it know how to cry like her?

“He’s not!” She argued, sinking to the floor. “He isn’t my master!” She cried, shaking her head. “Please, Masamune..!” She begged. “Believe me..!”

She didn’t know what else to do, she didn’t even look human anymore.
She produced something- a small long object no longer than her arm -setting it on the floor in front of her where the light fell on the floor. It was a bundle of cloth, and as inky black, clawed hands carefully unwrapped the cloth, he saw what was inside. A dried rose, a red one, still in relatively good condition. “It’s the only thing left I could find at my cabin... They burned it down..” It was the rose Masamune had given Megohime; he never found it in her room after she had left, so he assumed she had thrown it away, but it was clear now she had taken it with her.

“Because it was all I had of you..” She whispered, touching the corner of the fabric tenderly. “You threw the ring away, the rose was all I had.. I loved it so much..!”

"You left me!" He shouted, "May as well have told me you didn't love me! What was I supposed to do with a ring made for someone who ran away from me?! Huh?! Hang on to it and hope that maybe you'd come back?! You made it quite clear that you wouldn't!"

She let out a soft sob, shaking her head as more black liquid dripped from her eyes. “He would’ve killed you..! What was I supposed to do? Watch you die..?”

She only sunk lower to the floor, now looking like she was groveling on the floor. “I’m sorry..! I’m sorry..! I didn’t want to die..! I wanted to live, more than anything..!”

He didn't know what to do. His body felt heavy and gross and he just wanted to lie down. He sat on his bed and covered his face. "You should have stayed...I should have begged you to stay..."

She shook her head, wiping at her black tears with the same all black hands of hers. “He knew... He was watching... Every lit candle, every fireplace, he knew everything from the fire..”

Megohime looked down at the rose again. “He doesn’t have to worry about me anymore..” She muttered. “He’s keeping his eye on his living wives, and the ones with him now are keeping him busy...” She looked sad. “Plus.. Who would want to even come near me when I look like I do now..?” The clouds outside had begun to shift and break apart, allowing more light into the room, now fully revealing Megohime. Horns sprouted from her inky black hair, which pooled around her as she crouched on the ground; she wasn’t wearing black clothing, in fact, she wore nothing at all. Her skin itself was pitch black, and the soft clacking he had heard earlier, was from her. Her legs were no longer human legs, but goat ones, complete with shark black goat hooves and shaggy, glossy black fur. “I’m disgusting..!”

Back
Top Bottom