Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“I can’t..!” He could hear in her voice that she was crying again, shoulders shaking. “He was serious Masamune..! If he comes back a second time, he’ll kill you..! What would I do then..!?”

She only shook more as she fought her sobs. “I don’t.” She whispered. She couldn’t let Masamune be hurt again, let Satan come and steal away his life because she was selfish and wanted a normal one. “I’m sorry..!” She pulled her hand away and limped away hurriedly, having to bite her hand to keep from crying audibly.

Megohime was nearly reclusive for the next few days, until finally, she was out and about, acting as if nothing had even happened, all except for her retreat on their intimate moments. She no longer flirted, didn’t meet him at night, or even pull him away to steal a kiss or two; she stuck her nose in her books and kept to her work.

Masamune felt betrayed and heartbroken. He found Kojurou stuck in a bird cage and freed him but didn't speak to the familiar at all. He didn't even go near Megohime's part of the manor. He didn't even want to look at her, it hurt too much. He played with the ring he crafted before tossing it into the fire of his study, what was the point in keeping it?

It didn’t take Megohime long after that, she finished her research, and made notes for Masamune on what he would need to do. He could break the curse placed on him in two ways; ask for her forgiveness and be forgiven, or kill her. She left the notes in a book, which she passed off to Kojurou.
“Tell him thank you for giving me the oprotunity to research such a thing.” She said softly as she handed him the book.

She smiled sadly, and he could see the pain in her eyes. “I can’t... It’s to both of our benefit that I leave.” She bowed her head. “Thank you, Kojurou.”

She nodded and bowed to him, before turning and leaving with her things, heading off back to her home and away from Masamune’s.

Kojurou returned inside and Masamune stood in the foyer, "Is she gone...?"
"Hai. Forgive me, Masamune-sama. She said it was for the best."

There wasn’t much to save from the orphanage, the entirety of the building had burned down, and even the stone fireplace was cracked and unusable from the intense heat.
Yukimura had left Akihime and Daisuke on the third day after it had happened, heading further into the forest to be on his own.

She weakly protested that he stay but he refused her, telling her he was a monster and being near him put her in danger. She didn't care, she loved him dammit. But she was afraid. Why did his magic flare up like that? It hadn't done such a thing in years.

He didn’t return from the forest he went into, finding a spot relatively deep within and setting up a makeshift home. He couldn’t be near anyone, not if he didn’t want them to die, because surely the same thing would happen again.

"Leave him to die." Daisuke huffed, "We lost everything because of him." Akihime frowned and lowered her gaze.
"I can't just abandon him, Daisuke...he's been my friend since childhood. He has to know people still care."

Daisuke was right, Yukimura was better off dying off somewhere alone where his power couldn’t hurt anyone else. But still, Yukimura looked so empty inside, what his uncontrolled powers had done had crushed him.

She refused to leave Yukimura on his own. Not when he needed her the most. So late at night, after Daisuke fell asleep, she snuck out and used a childish spell to find Yukimura, a glowing string like a thread she had learned were she ever to get lost.

The string went deep into the forest, weaves around trees and over bushes, leading Akihime to the small camp Yukimura had made. It wasn’t illuminated by a campfire however, not a single flame near the young wizard.

She heard the soft sound of fabric and then the rustling of leaves, but she didn’t see him. “Akihime... it’s just you..” He sounded tired, broken. “You shouldn’t be here..” He said softly from the darkness.

He didn’t come out of the shadows. “I can’t. It’ll happen again! I can’t- I can’t have it happen again..”

"We'll take extra precautions this time.." She said, "Please, it was an accident...I'm not pressing charges...! I would never...!"

“I don’t care about the charges... I killed them all Akihime, I’m a murderer... I deserve not a single shred of happiness..!” She could hear his despair, almost hear his tears.

Back
Top Bottom