Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime sat up immediately, even if it nearly made her vomit in the process. Her eyes were wide, her gaze falling on a familiar figure. “S...Satan..” She could hardly speak.

He was in his human form; his shoulder length inky hair pulled into a bun, dressed in a deep red velvet jacket with a black button up and black slacks and shoes. "You break my heart, Megohime."

She clenched her fists, feeling her frustration bubbling up from a deep place she had shoved it down long ago. “Why? Because you can’t have one of your hundreds of wives? Most of which aren’t given a choice?” At the time she had turned thirteen, and had her first blood letting, was when she was officially betrothed to Satan, her entire coven coming to bear witness. “I didn’t want that..! I didn’t want to be married, I didn’t want magic..!” She turned her head away. “I didn’t want you..! I-I don’t love you...”

He chuckled darkly and moved closer, "Blame the circumstances of your birth, my dear. Were you not born into this coven, you would not belong to me~"

She shied away as he moved closer, as if his very presence made her feel much more ill. “I don’t belong to you..” She had to force out her words, only managing to whisper. “I don’t..!”

“I love him.” She whispered. “Can’t I just be happy with him..?” She already knew the answer, she already knew she had said far too much, but she couldn’t keep her mouth shut for some reason.

Megohime again nearly vomited, clutching her chest and breathing heavily. Where had he gone? What was going to happen? She tried to get out of bed, struggling to even stand.

She could hear the screams of the maids even from her room, hear the crackle of magic as well as fighting; a struggle of some kind.

Megohime’s eyes widened, and she forced herself to move. Needing to lean against the wall as she went, she followed the sounds of screaming, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Get the hell out of my house!!" That was definitely Masamune, "Where the hell did you send Kojurou?" Send? Oh God.
"I sent him somewhere close by. He is unharmed."

Megohime felt tears start to fall down her face, pushing herself to hobble down the hall faster, only to stumble through the doors of the gallery and fall to her knees. “Please..!” She begged the intruder. “Please don’t harm him..!”

Megohime fought off letting out a sob, balling up her fists. “Please..” She looked like she was going to faint at any moment. “You’ve made your point, and I’m sorry, please... please just leave, it won’t happen again, I’m sorry..!” Masamune had never seen Megohime so desperate, groveling on the ground.

Megohime clenched her jaw and squeezed the tears from her eyes, dropping her face toward the floor so Masamune didn’t have to look at her. “He’s my betrothed...” She whispered. “Satan, Lord of Hell..”

"B..." She could hear his heart snapping in his voice, "Betrothed?"
"That's the only thing you take from that?" Satan sounded bored. Masamune chucked a huge solid mass of lightning at him but he merely smacked it away into the wall.

Megohime flinched at the loud discharge and crash of magic, tears dripping down her face. “It’s not as if we actually meet with him more than once while we’re alive... I just wanted to live a normal life and be happy..” She muttered. “Please don’t think I was lying to you, everything I felt for you was real..!” She made herself look up at Masamune. “I really do love you..!”

"It's standard, with her coven. All of them are my harem, you see. My wives. They bind to me and I give them whatever power they desire. She could overpower that Iisaka woman's curse easily if she so asked~" Satan said. Masamune looked to Megohime and frowned.
"But you didn't...because you didn't want to see him, right...?"

“Partly..” Megohime looked away when Masamune looked at her. “Asking for more power isn’t just rewarded freely.” She looked ashamed. “He needs something in return... our first time meeting is when we’re signing the contract of marriage, when our magic limit has been reached as a human... The first contract is usually sealed with a kiss... The more power, the bigger offer it takes for him to accept giving us that power..” She clenched her fists, shame burning in her chest. “I-I wanted the person I gave my purity to to be the person I loved..! Not for more power..!”

Satan gave a fake coo, only to grunt when a solid mass of lightning actually connected with him this time. Masamune's fingers were sparking, glaring hatefully at him.
"Get out of my house. Leave my fiance alone. She isn't bound to you any more."
"Fiance? How rich." Satan chortled.

Megohime’s eyes widened in horror. “Masamune don’t! Run!” She tried to get back up to her feet, knowing exactly what would happen next, and it wasn’t in Masamune’s favor.

Bloody brambles broke through the floor and wrapped tightly around Masamune, covering his mouth with their thorns and cutting into his clothes. He didn't struggle, knowing it would only harm him further, but his body shook with pain.

Megohime tripped and stumbled to her knees before Masamune, reaching out to pull the thorns away from him, only to stop before she touched them. “Please, I beg of you, don’t hurt him!” She turned to Satan, begging him.

Back
Top Bottom