Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime didn’t look up from her stack of books, looking like she hadn’t slept in days. “No.” He couldn’t tell if she was being honest or sarcastic; maybe she hadn’t really heard his question?

She glanced up briefly, then back down at her book, then back up again, slowly lowering her book. “A rose?” She looked a little confused. “Why?” Was this some sort of special rose that might be of assistance in returning him to a complete human?

He could see her cheeks turn pink and she actually set her book down for a moment. “Th-Thank you..” She said quietly, taking the rose gently.

"Um...I can do more stuff.." He said and waved his hand, a small flurry of blue magic following his fingers as butterflies were conjured from the dust.

Megohime held the rose carefully, watching his magic in silent awe; it was a simple trick, but beautiful.

Megohime laughed at how awkward he was, expression growing a bit sad. “Your magic is beautiful.” She said.

“That’s your familiar right?” She asked, looking up at him, still clutching the rose gently.

“Are you sure he’s not a golem?” She joked. “I think he only has one emotion: blank.”

“He’s a bird?” She couldn’t help but laugh. “I was picturing a deer or something!”

“Well that’s odd, familiars are typically chosen, not the one choosing.” She gave a small shrug. “Either way, he’s a good find.”

He shrugged, "He called me an idiot savant..." He said, "Said there was something about me the other familiars were too scared of..."

“Probably the curse.” She said, glancing at the books as she ran her fingers across the gently. “Still little progress, frustratingly..”

She gave a nod. “Witches have ways to prolong their life; if she’s able to create such a complex curse, she’s more than likely still alive. I might be able to track her, but the toll is a little steep.”

Back
Top Bottom