Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He nodded and untied his eyepatch, the rune holding his curse glowing in his eye. He pulled his hair up with a ribbon and glanced back at her, "Anything else?"

She shook her head. “Just stay as still as you can.” She said, reaching up to paint her blood under his cursed eye. Once she was done, she moved out of the circle and set the bowl aside, kneeling before the salt and chalk circle and starting a soft chant, placing her hands just outside. Nothing seemed to happen at first, then the blood on Masamune began to glow like the curse on his eye.

Megohime closed her eyes, her chants sounding like they were echoing from every direction in the room now, which had grown unnaturally dark, like they had been cut off from the world itself, the lines at Masamune’s feet glowing. Her chanting seemed to grow louder, Masamune feeling dizzy and hot, and then there was a loud crack in the room, sending both Masamune and Megohime tumbling backward. Megohime cried out as she tumbled back, the ground scorched and the circle destroyed, the ceremony interrupted. “What..?” Megohime slowly collected herself, sitting up and rubbing her head. “What the hell?” She stared in disbelief, not moving an inch.

"G...Goddammit..." Masamune was breathing heavily, small spittles of fire coming out with each breath, "Why...? Why won't it work...?"

Megohime didn’t understand, this wasn’t like any curse she had ever seen, just what was going on her? “How old is that curse?” She sounded scared. “Because to me, it looks like you pissed off one really strong black witch.”

Megohime stared at Masamune, heart thumping in her chest. “Tell me about it- about everything.”

"I was a pretty cocky little punk back in the day." Masamune said after he caught his breath, "I figured a wizard would be way stronger than a black witch because instead of focusing on one type of magic, we focus on all types of magic. So I challenged her to a duel; if I won she would show me her most powerful spell. And if she won, she could do what she wanted. I lost."

“You’re an idiot.” Megohime hissed, standing up and dusting herself off. “A complete and utter bafoon.” She almost sounded angry rather than scared now, but she didn’t leave the room. “Fine, I’ll finish what I started, I’ll remove your curse.”

Megohime stared at him for a moment before looking away. “I’ll need to take time to do some research before I want to try that again... Do you remember the witch’s name?” She asked.

Megohime made a face, the name wasn’t familiar, but then again, it wasn’t uncommon for witches to not know other witches, they didn’t exactly keep a registry of all of the local witches. She sighed softly. “Ok, I’ll see what I can do, but I’ll need time.” She said.

((Who did you wanna bring in next?))

Megohime gave a nod. “I’ll need to use your library, Kojurou said you’ve collected decades of knowledge on witches, correct?”

((What ever you want~))

Megohime nodded. “Good, it’ll be a start. I don’t know her magic, but I’m sure I can unravel it. Hopefully.”

Yukimura looked over his shoulder from stacking the firewood they’d be using that night, having just chopped it. “Oh, let me help with that!” He said, moving over. It only took a single snap for him, and just like that, the stove was lit. “There, that should do it!”

Yukimura looked embarrassed, rubbing the back of his neck. “I nearly burnt down the kitchen the last time I tried to cook.”

She waved her hand dismissively, "So did I, remember~? It takes practice." She said, "I was thinking about making a stew tonight since it was going to be cold...and Daisuke has a cold, I was going to put a potion in his serving..." She said thoughtfully.

“I chopped more than enough wood to keep the house warm for the night... But it looks like snow.” Yukimura said, warming his hands at the stove.

"I need to finish the quilts..." She muttered. They were almost like a married couple, though the idea sent them both into a storm of sputters and denials.

Back
Top Bottom