Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“I can watch dinner, I’m sure if you’re not too far off, nothing too bad will happen..!” He said with a shy grin.

Yukimura gave a firm nod and turned to the stove, watching the large pot intensely, he wasn’t going to let anything boil over and burn again on his watch.

She smiled affectionately before heading off to finish the last of the quilts for the children. Magic embued thread made crafting much easier for her, blessing each blanket so they would protect the children from the cold and sickness. She hummed softly and glanced to her dresser; would she have time to finish the one she made for Yukimura?

Yukimura stirred occasionally as Akihime had instructed him to do with his wooden spoon, sweat beading on his brow already. Cooking was surely not something that came easy to him, but neither was magic, so he had to make do.

Yukimura just about jumped out of his skin, nearly dropping his wooden spoon as he spun around to face Akihime. “A-Akihime!” He let out a soft breath. “You scared me..!”

She giggled behind her hand, her other holding something behind her back, "Gomen ne, you looked really focused, I felt bad for disrupting you.."

Yukimura blinked, blushing a bit. “O-Oh.. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t burn it..” He admitted.

"Thank you, Yuki, I appreciate it. I wanted to wait to give this to you but I was really excited and couldn't help myself.." She said before pulling a large handmade blanket as red as fire with six coins stitched on, "Ta da...! I've been saving up since spring to get fabric made with fire rat hair to make it flame resistant! That and it'll keep you nice and toasty during winter!"

Yukimura set down the wooden spoon and took the blanket gratefully, smiling. “It looks very warm, thank you, Akihime.” He said, holding it close to himself. “Sorry I burn the other blankets you make for me.” He said, his smile growing a little guilty; sometimes while he slept, Yukimura couldn’t help it when fire flickered over his body, setting his bed sheets on fire.

She gave a dismissive wave, "It's alright! That's why I made one that wouldn't burn up~ safety in mind~" She smiled, "I'm glad you like it, I was so worried you would be offended.."

The word burned brought him back to dinner, which was still cooking on the stove. “The stew!” He quickly turned, extinguishing the flames and checking to make sure he hadn’t burned the food, still holding the blanket close.

Yukimura hung his head in defeat. “Gomenasai, Akihime, I should’ve paid better attention to the food..!”

Yukimura’s cheeks flushed and the candles in the room flickered. “I-I, w-we should call the children in for dinner..!”

"Hai. I'll put your blanket in your room and call them in." She said, taking the blanket from him and folding it up gently as she headed out.

Yukimura’s face was flush as he started to set the table for the children, himself, and Akihime. He poured each bowl full of stew, and even tore up a large roll the baker had given to them, giving everyone a piece of the slightly stale bread.

The kids all rushed in, squealing and laughing excitedly as they all sat at the huge table. Akihime came back and grabbed Daisuke's share to bring to him since he was getting sick, "Tell Otou-sama thank you for cooking dinner tonight!" She called.
"Arigatou, Otou-sama!" The children cheered, turning their attention to Yukimura.

Yukimura smiled softly, shaking his head. “Okaa-sama made it, I only watched it briefly... And burned it.” He admitted with a defeated look as he sat down to eat.

((How do you wanna start off the thing with Chika~?))

"Burned?"
"It doesn't look burned."
"It smells great, Otou-sama!"
Akihime came back and took her place beside Yukimura.
"Let us thank the humble earth for providing our supper tonight." She said and they all bowed their heads with their fingers laced together.
"Blessed be!" They all chimed before digging in.

Motochika cuddled with Nana by the fire as he planted affectionate kisses along her shoulders slowly, his fingers laced gently with hers.

Yukimura was still a bit embarrassed about burning the dinner, but bowed his head and prayed with everyone else, digging in once they had finished. Akihime’s cooking was always wonderful, filling empty bellies and warming their cold bodies. They didn’t have much, but he was grateful for what they had.

Nana’s cheeks were flushed as he kissed her, holding his hand gently, then turning over so she faced him. She pet his cheek with her other hand, then kissed him softly- just a simple kiss, but a warm one.

Nana made a soft noise, leaning against Motochika as they kissed again, Nana deepening the kiss as she closed her eyes, then pulled back for a moment. “Is this ok..? What I’m doing..? Is it ok with you..?”

Back
Top Bottom