Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Onyx Landing OOC

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
9DCBOo4.png

Interest Check | Character Thread | Game Thread

Current Players:
Have posted to the game thread at least once, and have been active in the last week. This includes being active in the OOC thread.

Xanaphia
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavendish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Praxis
Missy Huntington- Claims Hunter / Railroad Heiress
Clint- Huntington Family Associate

WaveVelour
Grace Ravigne- Emptying men’s pockets

HannibalBarca
Elias Horne- Rancher, occult expert and researcher, adventurer, and man of leisure

Last edited:
@xanaphia

It won't be pretty, whatever happens. You don't mess up a lady's braid. Those things take forever!

I'll have a post up later this morning/afternoon ♥️

Hey, I can't control what bandits do. They're dirty, no-good scoundrels.

And the problem with having two characters is when you forget to have one of them do something,

@TheCorsair

I sent the Big Lug up the hill where he's ...presently doing nothing too. Real good bodyguard >.>

Maybe he fainted? ^.^

I don't think I've written Xia since restarting this. I assume she is sleeping in.

Buncha Johnny-come-latelies!

I do rather fancy the idea of those two commiserating at some point. They both seem world-worn ^.^

We don't have a Reverend anymore, do we?

Which brings me to my next question:
Have we landed on what is in the mine? Next major story beat would be concerned parties venturing up there, I'd think.

I love the idea of something old. Very old. Maybe even some elements from The Thing ; shapeshifters and bloody horror type stuff.

Yes!

Look at the BONES!!

We don't have a Reverend anymore, do we?

Which brings me to my next question:
Have we landed on what is in the mine? Next major story beat would be concerned parties venturing up there, I'd think.

I love the idea of something old. Very old. Maybe even some elements from The Thing ; shapeshifters and bloody horror type stuff.
I favor the idea that the presence in the mine is unknowable and purposefully vague. Partially to allow each player a chance to use it however they see fit, to move the story along, partially because it's probably unhealthy to contemplate nihilistic entities in any significant manner. A shapshifter a la "The Thing"is certainly an interesting idea, though I imagine the presence is even less "hands on" than that. Overall, however, I don't see it being a plot point that's easily wrapped up, but one that develops an overarching arc.

While this song isn't an exact analogue, it hits on a lot of themes I would love to see play out in the plot. Save perhaps the volcanic eruption in the end.

I'd personally find the idea of an ominous, unseen presence more intriguing than an actual physical creature one can conventionally fight against.

@xanaphia
I liked that!

Good then. I don't think Missy will have an issue playing the power/money/everything hungry type who wants control of that. Even if it becomes an increasingly poor decision. Stubborn lil thing.

She's supposed to be a hybrid of Daniel Plainview and Elle Woods. Probably more crazy than peppy as this thing moves forward.

I don't think Missy will have an issue playing the power/money/everything hungry type who wants control of that. Even if it becomes an increasingly poor decision.

...we can give you what you want...

...wealth...

...power...

...everything your heart desires...

...we only want one thing...

...you..,

So for some reason all my alerts decided to take a little vacation the past few days, apparently.

Catching up with y’all tonight! @Praxis did you want Jess and Buff Alfred to meet up out at the mine? Maybe try to out-interrogate each other?

@Shiva the Cat if you're going to be reading my mind, maybe can we get some professional voice actors in here?

Yes! I'd sent him up there to A: get him away from Missy, so she could shine. And B: have him put the fear of God ($$$) into the foreman. Specifically for spilling beans to would be reporters.

Buff Alfred 😆

@Shiva the Cat if you're going to be reading my mind, maybe can we get some professional voice actors in here?

Yes! I'd sent him up there to A: get him away from Missy, so she could shine. And B: have him put the fear of God ($$$) into the foreman. Specifically for spilling beans to would be reporters.

Buff Alfred 😆

I mean I’d let him make tea for me any day, sooooo...

Anywhoo, cool, Imma get that set up. Meanwhile Jules shall continue to hide like the giant coward she is.

Ooh! I looked, but didn't see...

Do we have an estimate of the distance from the mine to town? I'm a loser who wants to know if Clint would be able to hear shots clearly enough from there.
~
According to the Goog, a rifle shot can be heard from 1-10 miles away, depending on conditions. For anyone else needlessly concerned, lol.

Do we have an estimate of the distance from the mine to town? I'm a loser who wants to know if Clint would be able to hear shots clearly enough from there.
~
According to the Goog, a rifle shot can be heard from 1-10 miles away, depending on conditions. For anyone else needlessly concerned, lol.

I assumed it was close enough to walk to, but not, like, quickly. Maybe 2-3 miles? 5 tops? And if we’re assuming this is a desert-y landscape I doubt there’d be trees or anything to get in the way of the sound, so maybe they could be heard faintly. Maybe not over the sounds of all the dudes killing around the dead bodies though.

~
The mine is on the outskirts of town, so a mile, maybe 2 at most.

👌 Perfecto!

I may throw in a little back and forth between Missy and Clint once this scene settles down. Give a little exposition into the nature of their relationship, since my initial character write-ups were scant (I hadn't decided on some things yet).
Won't wonk the flow of anything, I've just got lines a-buzzin' in my head.

I'm just unburying myself from a ton of RL stuff. So I haven't gotten even a present-day post out yet for Elias. I'm finally at the point where I'm considering where to bring him in at.

Back
Top Bottom