Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Onyx Landing OOC

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
9DCBOo4.png

Interest Check | Character Thread | Game Thread

Current Players:
Have posted to the game thread at least once, and have been active in the last week. This includes being active in the OOC thread.

Xanaphia
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavendish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Praxis
Missy Huntington- Claims Hunter / Railroad Heiress
Clint- Huntington Family Associate

WaveVelour
Grace Ravigne- Emptying men’s pockets

HannibalBarca
Elias Horne- Rancher, occult expert and researcher, adventurer, and man of leisure

Last edited:
@Shiva the Cat
He might seem like a dick, but Clint's the sorta gentleman who'll ditch Miller if Jess needs a ride back to town.

Out of curiosity, anyone have some good resources for 1870s prices on things? I found this article here, but idk if I trust "Shirley's" research 🤔
Personally, I think it is more important that we all use the same frame of reference, than that we get it perfectly accurate. So I am willing to use this as a guide for all of us to follow.

Mmm. I dunno! The quotations around "Shirley" make me just not trust her >.>

Obvi I'm kidding.
Asking the Goog - "how much did a horse cost in the old west" gave me a price of 10-50 dollars for a horse. 20-25 for the saddle and bridle.

Given the circumstance, forty for a decent horse could be a good deal.

Mmm. I dunno! The quotations around "Shirley" make me just not trust her >.>
I actually found a few other articles as well, but the numbers seem to be all over the place (apparently a horse costs from $10 to $150???) and I couldn't find a single source cited anywhere. That particular article was right in the middle of the price ranges though so that's why I linked that one.

Also, I totally said Missy's dad got her dog from a friend in the Northern Territories. Which weren't called that until the 1900s.

As long as we're not too hard on each other, lol.

@xanaphia
I used one of my redshirts there at the end of my post to touch on the mine and it's ...evilness.
Hope that is in theme with what you'd been thinking.

Btw, those are all free use redshirts. If you feel like killing a Huntington goon is needed, be my guest.

That post gave me “Old Gods of Appalachia” flashbacks. And I mean that in a good way.

Then thank you!

Credit to @WaveVelour for that (horrifyingly) beautiful imagery from the Seer/Prostitute/Hair-brusher.
Gave me inspiration sauce.

I didn't know Gothic Country Doom was a genre that could ...be.
But I like it!

Oh, and because I meant to say this before:
@HannibalBarca
If you're still looking for a good place to insert our grizzly ghostbuster (I'm sorry, he's sexy-gruff Egon in my head), I plan to orchestrate a little shindig for the evening of the scene(s) we find ourselves. A town gathering of sorts.

Because everyone likes having their drinks comped by a bossy blonde, right?

That works for me! And...while Egon was a pretty cool dude in the movie, Elias...well...he's more H.P. Lovecraft, in that he wants in on the ghost business, he's just...not gotten the opportunity yet. I'll just say it keeps him mysterious. Maybe helps him get more ladies than if he didn't :p

Were you still interested @Kilted Pervert ? I was going to give you a chance to respond before I post again, otherewise I hope to get something up tonight, but by Sunday for certain.

Gonna try to have a post up tonight, once my day has wound down a bit. Have a hair appointment, so that might go long.

If not, I'll have something by tomorrow ^.^ 💋

I am working on a post, just generally very distracted tbh. Sometime today, I am sure. 🤷‍♀️

Sorry to bring this up, but I haven’t played a group RP before, so don’t know how the smut scenes are handled. Having smut heavy back and forth replies between plot heavy posts doesn’t sound right. Or is this a smut free RP? If that’s the case I’d behave myself.

I didn't intend for it to be a smut free rp. Not sure we ever decided definitively on a course of action as far as smut goes, but I imagine its up to the participants. I can make a separate smut thread if people want, otherwise they are free to take it to pms.

Hmm, if it’s not yet decided, people might be shying away from posting such content. I think creating a separate thread would be better, if that’s allowed. But I can guess that some players understandably might not be comfortable using a thread. So PMs might be the safer option. In that case however, if any of the players don’t post frequently, that means involving characters would be missing from the main RP thread for weeks.

I'm open to whatever. I've bought the ticket and I will take the ride.
However, the two characters I'm playing aren't the sort to go hopping in bed with anyone. Yet. I'd toyed with the idea of adding one of Victoria's working girls to my roster. The right character just hasn't come to me.

For narrative purposes, I'd say a separate thread would be best. With the option for PMs if two (or more, I'm not judging) people wanna have an especially intimate moment. Say they snuck off, and the characters unconcerned would be none the wiser.

I think it’s probably a situational thing. Most smut scenes should probably be in the separate thread and/or PM. If the plot happens to lead to a sex scene involving the majority of the cast (“only a massive orgy can save the town!”), or possibly if the sex scene is integral to the plot, then it probably belongs in the main thread.

Alright, everyone! Demons are coming and we're out of bullets!
Back in the pile!

@TheCorsair
Agreed. You have my vote.

Back
Top Bottom