Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Onyx Landing (Wild west fantasy setting)

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
9DCBOo4.png

OOC Thread | Character Thread | Game Thread

Onyx Landing is a place of outcasts. Those who don't fit in polite society. They sought freedom, or riches, or to escape the ever-encroaching specter of their pasts. On the edge of civilization, just outside of the reach of the US or Mexico, the people of Onyx landing are without loyalties or allegiance. Some may see that as standoffish and aloof, but the folks of Onyx Landing see themselves as fiercely independent.

But that sort of lonely existence won't last in the long run. Without someone to watch your back, you'll end up face down in a ditch, with a bullet int he back fo the head and robbed of all your earthly riches. The gangs have already figured it out. Bout time the travelers in the region figure it out for themselves.

Meanwhile, out at the mine in Dead Reach Mountain, they dug up something up. Something ancient, and unspeakable. Something that can no longer be confined within the mountain. Closing up the mines won't keep this presence at bay.

Anyhow, this is just an interest check for something in this sort of setting, and I am particularly open to suggestions and collaboration. Looking for 4-6 players interesting in contributing and progressing the story, and not just leaving it up to me.

Period: Around 1870
Location: Somewhere in the Nevada/Utah/Arizona Area. Near a large mountain with a recently closed mining operation.
Magic: Yes, but underpowered and rare to start off with.
Steam Technology: Yes, but primitive and limited.
Supernatural: Yep! I am thinking things like zombies, werewolves, vampires are all possible. The first thing I want the characters to confront and deal with in the game is this entity that's been awakened in the cursed mine. That said, typical wild west fare, like bounties, outlaw gangs, train robberies and so on, are also on the table.

Current Players: 7/8
Have posted to the game thread at least once, and have been active in the last week. This includes being active in the OOC thread.

Xanaphia
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavendish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Praxis
Missy Huntington- Claims Hunter / Railroad Heiress
Clint- Huntington Family Associate

WaveVelour
Grace Ravigne- Emptying men’s pockets

HannibalBarca

Elias Horne- Rancher, occult expert and researcher, adventurer, and man of leisure

Last edited:
mmm fair enough let me see what I can can come up with.
[automerge]1580771827[/automerge]
Name: Kathleen McGloven

Kathleen McGloven
Bio: She was born in a family that had to travel a lot to survive taking a lot of hunting jobs reason why at a young age she was an expert tracker and wild life hunter. With the skills set to never get hungry she knew that whatever came to happen she could handle her own. That came to be one day when her family was killed in front of her by a bunch of outlaws although killing nearly half of them she was almost left for dead as she jumped wounded to the river. Now after surviving she has to take care of herself and try to learn who killed her parents to extract justice.

mmm fair enough let me see what I can can come up with.
[automerge]1580771827[/automerge]
Name: Kathleen McGloven

Kathleen McGloven
Bio: She was born in a family that had to travel a lot to survive taking a lot of hunting jobs reason why at a young age she was an expert tracker and wild life hunter. With the skills set to never get hungry she knew that whatever came to happen she could handle her own. That came to be one day when her family was killed in front of her by a bunch of outlaws although killing nearly half of them she was almost left for dead as she jumped wounded to the river. Now after surviving she has to take care of herself and try to learn who killed her parents to extract justice.
Sounds fine, fo ahead and post up a character sheet.

Been hammered with work, apologies. Things should settle thursday and ill do my best to get a post out before then.

@Letrixia your character is approved, feel free to post to the game thread.

@Dr. Pox take your time, as always. I plan on posting tonight or tomorrow, but one to two posts a week is a very reasonable posting rate.

I posted. And Cassie’s part of the post made me wonder: how do we want to handle smut when it arises? A separate thread?

how do we want to handle smut when it arises? A separate thread?
Good question! Separate thread was my original idea, as well as my current suggestion, I am also open to suggestions here. I suppose the simplest solution would be for the participants to decide whether they prefer a thread or pms. Though, this also brings up a question of how much segregation between smut and plot do we want.

Personally, I've discovered that my smut scens tend to be relevant to the greater narrative in terms of both characterization and plot. So naturally, I am keen on including it. But am I curious how everyone else feels about it.

Personally, I prefer to flip over to PM's if and when the spicy stuff kicks in. Given that I too prefer a little plot-relevant pillow talk, I'll go with the flow on this'n.

People tend to be more honest with each other when they're all naked and sweaty >.>

Missy is probably a prude anyway, so maybe I can play a small side character under Vic's employ.
[automerge]1580869960[/automerge]
Do we need a posting order? I feel like pople should post when they want to or have time to, but I am open to suggestions here.
In response to this:

I'll let Missy wander around town for as long as the current 'scene' demands necessary.
Though, she'll definitely want to get some one on one talk with Victoria and Jules (personal interest).

Just as a head’s up y’all, I’m on a business trip and won’t be able to post until at least Friday, seeing as how I don’t fancy writing quality posts on my phone.

Also I should probably clarify since my dumb ass gave my characters very similar names:

Jess = older, darker, shorter, never shuts up
Jules = younger, taller, redhead, anxiety attack waiting to happen

Jules = younger, taller, redhead, anxiety attack waiting to happen

Oh, I know ^.^
That will be fun to play with. I understand that though. Have a great trip!

Edited my first post to make Missy's train arrive before the usual. I think she's the sorta self centered brat who would delay who knows how many people without thinking twice.

And to allow a shipment of booze to arrive, if it needs ^.^

Ooook. Made a few more small edits to properly include Jess in Missy's interaction and to maintain flow for @xanaphia and @TheCorsair

@Shiva the Cat I'd wanted to have her be there, but didn't want to add undue pressure while you were on your trip ^.^

Back
Top Bottom