Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Onyx Landing (Wild west fantasy setting)

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
9DCBOo4.png

OOC Thread | Character Thread | Game Thread

Onyx Landing is a place of outcasts. Those who don't fit in polite society. They sought freedom, or riches, or to escape the ever-encroaching specter of their pasts. On the edge of civilization, just outside of the reach of the US or Mexico, the people of Onyx landing are without loyalties or allegiance. Some may see that as standoffish and aloof, but the folks of Onyx Landing see themselves as fiercely independent.

But that sort of lonely existence won't last in the long run. Without someone to watch your back, you'll end up face down in a ditch, with a bullet int he back fo the head and robbed of all your earthly riches. The gangs have already figured it out. Bout time the travelers in the region figure it out for themselves.

Meanwhile, out at the mine in Dead Reach Mountain, they dug up something up. Something ancient, and unspeakable. Something that can no longer be confined within the mountain. Closing up the mines won't keep this presence at bay.

Anyhow, this is just an interest check for something in this sort of setting, and I am particularly open to suggestions and collaboration. Looking for 4-6 players interesting in contributing and progressing the story, and not just leaving it up to me.

Period: Around 1870
Location: Somewhere in the Nevada/Utah/Arizona Area. Near a large mountain with a recently closed mining operation.
Magic: Yes, but underpowered and rare to start off with.
Steam Technology: Yes, but primitive and limited.
Supernatural: Yep! I am thinking things like zombies, werewolves, vampires are all possible. The first thing I want the characters to confront and deal with in the game is this entity that's been awakened in the cursed mine. That said, typical wild west fare, like bounties, outlaw gangs, train robberies and so on, are also on the table.

Current Players: 7/8
Have posted to the game thread at least once, and have been active in the last week. This includes being active in the OOC thread.

Xanaphia
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavendish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Praxis
Missy Huntington- Claims Hunter / Railroad Heiress
Clint- Huntington Family Associate

WaveVelour
Grace Ravigne- Emptying men’s pockets

HannibalBarca

Elias Horne- Rancher, occult expert and researcher, adventurer, and man of leisure

Last edited:
Oh no worries! I think we're on track now ^.^

You're a fabulous writer btw.

Oh no worries! I think we're on track now ^.^

You're a fabulous writer btw.
Did you delete your last post to the game? I saw it earlier but not now.

I am going to try and get a post up tonight, but if it doesn't happen, then I will aim for tomorrow evening.

There was some conflicting info that we've since retconned.
Nothing to worry about ^.^ some of it get reabsorbed into the current post.

As it stands, we're poised for Victoria to introduce herself formally and ...move from there.

Apologies again, I'm going to have to back out. I just dont have the time lately to be able to post more then once weekly, and it looks like Im set to be busy for another week. Rather then get further behind, I'll bow out before I get involved.

Thank you for the try. New life circumstances ended up being more complicated then I had hoped.

Apologies again, I'm going to have to back out. I just dont have the time lately to be able to post more then once weekly, and it looks like Im set to be busy for another week. Rather then get further behind, I'll bow out before I get involved.

Thank you for the try. New life circumstances ended up being more complicated then I had hoped.
Well, that's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up, and feel free to join back up if your life settles down a bit.

K, I will have a post up in just a little bit. Missy will probably invite herself along to the deposit. She has problems with social cues.

@xanaphia saw you'd expressed interest in a bank robbery. I have some ideas I could contribute toward that.
Likewise, I think Huntington and Co. will be pretty eager to go and scope out that mine. Either would be lovely with me ^.^

K, I will have a post up in just a little bit. Missy will probably invite herself along to the deposit. She has problems with social cues.

@xanaphia saw you'd expressed interest in a bank robbery. I have some ideas I could contribute toward that.
Likewise, I think Huntington and Co. will be pretty eager to go and scope out that mine. Either would be lovely with me ^.^
Hey, Ithink I forgot to say this, but great post there! I think having Missy Tag along for the bank robbery will be fun. And if you want your characters to check out the mine, feel free to write those details out. I will Corsair a chance to post, then I will start the robbery scene.

Haha! He's very friendly so long as Missy is around ^.^

And yay! I was thinking with the mine closing, and the west being a wild place, the banditos who try to rob the bank have ties to a gang of train robbers that Missy is familiar with.
Maybe she recognizes a coat one of them lifted from one of her father's conductors. Personal vendetta ^.^

I'm thinking of making a character. Something of a mystery man...a combination of Clint Eastwood and Alistair Crowley, who came to town several years earlier and ended up starting a ranch further out of town.

I'm thinking of making a character. Something of a mystery man...a combination of Clint Eastwood and Alistair Crowley, who came to town several years earlier and ended up starting a ranch further out of town.
That could be interesting. Feel free to make your character up.

Hey~ This thread reminded me of my first RP community =)

Anyway, do you still accept new players? I could play a transit traveler, prissy and ladylike wife of a rich businessman, currently running away from her husband and his men, or something like that. While passing across the town, decides to stop by to stay in the town for a few days to rest and plan her next move, only to slowly go crazy. Kind of a manipulative plotter who can’t fight her own battles.

If I think I can’t keep up with others or post as regularly, I can kill her off or make her vanish in an enigmatic way to add to the mystery the OP seemed to have in mind.

Hey~ This thread reminded me of my first RP community =)

Anyway, do you still accept new players? I could play a transit traveler, prissy and ladylike wife of a rich businessman, currently running away from her husband and his men, or something like that. While passing across the town, decides to stop by to stay in the town for a few days to rest and plan her next move, only to slowly go crazy. Kind of a manipulative plotter who can’t fight her own battles.

If I think I can’t keep up with others or post as regularly, I can kill her off or make her vanish in an enigmatic way to add to the mystery the OP seemed to have in mind.
Willing to take on new players until I reach 8 active players.

That could be an interesting character. Feel free to write up a character sheet.

Sure, thanks. I created a profile. Actually have written a post too, but don’t want to post it before rereading some of the prior posts.

If my opinion matters at all, I think this sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm always interested in competing parties in a power vacuum ^.^

Or mystery men >.>

@WaveVelour
LMAO! "subjectively prettier."

I loved that ^.^

Back
Top Bottom