Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Onyx Landing (Wild west fantasy setting)

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
9DCBOo4.png

OOC Thread | Character Thread | Game Thread

Onyx Landing is a place of outcasts. Those who don't fit in polite society. They sought freedom, or riches, or to escape the ever-encroaching specter of their pasts. On the edge of civilization, just outside of the reach of the US or Mexico, the people of Onyx landing are without loyalties or allegiance. Some may see that as standoffish and aloof, but the folks of Onyx Landing see themselves as fiercely independent.

But that sort of lonely existence won't last in the long run. Without someone to watch your back, you'll end up face down in a ditch, with a bullet int he back fo the head and robbed of all your earthly riches. The gangs have already figured it out. Bout time the travelers in the region figure it out for themselves.

Meanwhile, out at the mine in Dead Reach Mountain, they dug up something up. Something ancient, and unspeakable. Something that can no longer be confined within the mountain. Closing up the mines won't keep this presence at bay.

Anyhow, this is just an interest check for something in this sort of setting, and I am particularly open to suggestions and collaboration. Looking for 4-6 players interesting in contributing and progressing the story, and not just leaving it up to me.

Period: Around 1870
Location: Somewhere in the Nevada/Utah/Arizona Area. Near a large mountain with a recently closed mining operation.
Magic: Yes, but underpowered and rare to start off with.
Steam Technology: Yes, but primitive and limited.
Supernatural: Yep! I am thinking things like zombies, werewolves, vampires are all possible. The first thing I want the characters to confront and deal with in the game is this entity that's been awakened in the cursed mine. That said, typical wild west fare, like bounties, outlaw gangs, train robberies and so on, are also on the table.

Current Players: 7/8
Have posted to the game thread at least once, and have been active in the last week. This includes being active in the OOC thread.

Xanaphia
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavendish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Praxis
Missy Huntington- Claims Hunter / Railroad Heiress
Clint- Huntington Family Associate

WaveVelour
Grace Ravigne- Emptying men’s pockets

HannibalBarca

Elias Horne- Rancher, occult expert and researcher, adventurer, and man of leisure

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll post a character. Is there anything I should know about? I read the basic setting, but if there is other stuff that you think I should know that would be great.

Awesome! I'll post a character. Is there anything I should know about? I read the basic setting, but if there is other stuff that you think I should know that would be great.
Not particularly. We currently have an inbalance of female to male characters, but that's okay.

Have something but could use a bit more to this post.

Any character need an interaction?

You can always interact with Cassie, since she was politely showing your character the door.

I think some people are still on the evening rather than the next morning...

Jeb, Tom, and Jules all seemed to show up outside the saloon that night.

I thought we were transitioning to morning as well. In my last post, Cassie was at night and then Tom was in the morning.

I think, for the sake of moving this along, let's just put everyone on the next morning. Right now, Jules and Tom are waiting outside the Dusky Belle, Victoria, Cassie and the working girls are inside it.

@Kilted Pervert Did you want to edit your post to have your character arrive in the morning, instead of at night? Or should we just assuming he hung around until morning?

I got Cassie Jeb and Jess in my reply. Will post presently.

Im sorry for the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom