Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Moon Pack RP (NTI and BurningWillows)

Kat groaned but then giggled and turned off the water, sliding in.

“Tease,” she laughed, and started massaging Terra’s calves, “Is she? How’s the pups doing with that? You look beat baby.”

~

Kyra was pounding into her like a wild animal until she felt Sonya cum, coating her legs and blankets, dripping with pleasure. Kyra was close to that pleasure too but she took pause, feeling Sonya grow limp. The wolf unclenches her teeth and blinked, coming back to herself a bit and holding Sonya up with an arm, still buried inside her.

“You okay?” She whispered. Kyra was still new to all this. Had she hurt her? Been too rough? She waited until Sonya regained her composure and grabbed her by the hair, making Kyra moan.

“Your okay,” she sighed in relief before moaning, getting her orders. Damn Sonya was hot when she was demanding. Kyra started back up her pace but this time she didn’t stop until her own orgasm rised to the top, and she screamed, unloading into the vampire’s fine ass, cumming great lengths of seed into her as Kyra’s knees buckled. She didn’t pull out, rolling to her side with Sonya in her arms so they were spooning and moaned, corking the cum now in Sonya’s ass, too tired to move her limbs or body.

“Mmm Sonya,” she whispered, eyes closed as she kissed the back of her neck, “just need...few minutes...to recuperate.”

Sonya smiled as she felt the swirl of cum filling her, panting and gripping the back of Kyra's head tightly as she bowed her body and pushed her hips back, moaning as she waited for Kyra's cock to stop pumping her with cum. When Kyra stopped cumming she moaned as she was rolled to her side and stroked her hand behind her, caressing Kyra's thigh as she turned her head and kissed Kyra's lips.
"Take your time baby."
She said as she smiled and rested with Kyra. The feeling of her cock still buried deep inside of Sonya's ass she loved that feeling. Smiling as she closed her eyes to rest along with Kyra.

--------------------------------

Terra smiled and nodded, rested her elbows behind her on the edge of the tub.
"I'm a little tired but it's a good tired."
She said as she smiled and leaned forward to kiss Kat's lips then leaned back and enjoyed the touch of her mate, moaning when she'd work a knot out of a muscle.
"Mmmm...gods baby...you're hands feel so good."
Leaning her head back she closed her eyes and relaxed.

Kat nodded, kissing then working with a smile, “i know how to massage my girl. You just relax babe. Tell me about your day.”

~

Kyra has to lay there for several minutes to get her breath back and some strength in her limbs.

“Your amazing,” she whispered, have delirious with pleasure.

Terra smiled at her mate and nodded, leaning back to enjoy the massage.
"Not much to tell babe. It was standard team training. Tomorrow will be the real test though. We're sending them on a fake mission. We've worked it out with an unknown allied pack so the wolves will be unknown to our pups. They'll be rescuing one of our smaller towns from unknown rogues and we...the veteran Hounds, won't be there. So it'll be up to them. The Hounds from the allied pack know to hurt them, but not kill."

~

Sonya smiled as she let Kyra stay inside of her till she was limp then slowly turned around to face the pup and sleep while hugging her. Even if this was the only session they got for the night, it was well worth it.

Kyra had wanted to go on for hours. She couldn’t get enough of Sonya. But she was also tired. And the vampire felt so warm in her arms. Before she knew it she was fast asleep, cuddled up warm and tight.

She didn’t even realize till she woke, six in the morning, and felt Sonya wrapped around her. Kyra had never let a girl sleep in her bed, except Thea. Nor had she spent the night with one, or slept with one, all firsts Sonya got without either of them realizing. Laying there, she couldn’t help inch forward and kiss those soft lips she dreamed about.

How can I keep denying myself this? What’s wrong with me, just look at her. She puts angels to shame. At least in my eyes.

She lay there, contemplating herself and Sonya while she watched the vampire sleep on.

~

Kat listened, continuing to massage her till Terra was nice and loose, then helping her mate dry off and crawl into bed, happy to cuddle up close and whisper sweet nothings as they kissed fondly but slowly fell asleep, having a nice soft quiet night.

Waking up slowly, after the kiss, Sonya smiled at the younger female in front of her and giggled.
"Guess we fell asleep longer than we hoped huh."
She said as she sat up and stretched. Looking at the clock she knew that it was almost time for the 'attack' so she kissed Kyra's lips and walked to her shower with her. Stripping out of her lingerie she took a relaxing shower with Kyra then as they were drying off she kissed the female.
"I need to go change babe. I'll see you at lunch."
She said as she looked at her lingerie.
"Keep it in here...who knows, I may just sneak in here and wear it again for you."

Giving one last kiss she ported herself to her room and sat on her bed. Waiting for about five minutes she dressed and the alarms started ringing. Terra and the other veteran Hounds started scrambling to get the pups in order while barking orders on who was on what team. Alex came out with the details.
"One of our town's is being attacked by rogue Lycan's. All available Hounds are to get to the area immediately. Sonya and Angel will port the bulk of the forces to the combat area then come back to grab the others."
Angel had all of her healers grab their supplies and medical bags then link arms with one another. As long as they were touching one another and she was touching someone in that group, they'd all be transported.

Sonya did the same to the Hounds and soon over fifty trainee Hell Hounds and about fifteen healers were standing in a field a few hundred yards from the town where screams and howls were already filling the air. Sonya and Angel dropped off the trainee's then ported out again to 'pick up' the veteran's who were all sitting in the training pits. Sonya sighed as she returned.
"Well...now we wait."
While the pups were all waiting, a squad of 'rogue' hounds spotted them and immediately howls went out as the pups were suddenly rushed by three squads of well trained Hell Hounds from an unknown pack.

Kyra kissed her goodbye, wanting to say something but it wasn’t time...yet. She got dressed to head out for a jog before training and was just about to leave when the alarms sounded.

“Mama! Mom! What’s going on?!” She yelled, running for their door. Many other pups would be disoriented too. Kat met her at the door. She didn’t like this idea, mainly because she worried a few would actually get hurt, but she trusted Terra.

“It means there’s an attack, grab your gear! Terra!”

She closed the door and acted like she was getting her mate out of bed, but she was already ready. Kyra scrambled back to her room and changed, grabbing her things and finding Angel. Already some trainees were losing it a bit, confused as to where to go. Jayden was rounding the shocked ones up and either slapping them to get it together or sending the few home that clearly weren’t going to handle the pressure. She nodded at her best friend, watching him go to Sonya and she to Angel. Soon enough they were all on a field together and Kyra got one last longing look at Sonya before she was gone too.

After two minutes Kyra felt something was off. She moved to Jayden and pulled him aside.

“Where are they?”
“Gathering the rest.”
“Gathering? Jay we are waiting on veterans. They don’t need gathering. Something holding them up.”
“Like what?”
Kyra racked her brains and her face paled, “a double attack on the mansion?! What if they are fighting their own fight?”
“Kyra I hope your wrong about that. My mom...”
“Mine...” she shook her head, “they’ll keep them safe. But until they can get here, we are on our own.”

As she said itthw rogue wolves came after them. Some started to panic but Jayden quickly snapped, “this is what we practised for! Stop squalling and get in formation.”

“Healers get behind me!” Kyra yelled, looking around, “keep to the back! Protect our fighters!”

Between Kyra and Jayden they got the wolves in some semblance of order enough to fight off the wolves coming at them. It was a rough fight though, and many were injured, giving the healers much to do.

“Get them in their teams,” Kyra asked Jayden, “we cannot do this as a swarm. We need to divide and conquer. Right?”

She was nervous. Suddenly they had no help, no aide, no guide. And she was worried about Sonya. She could see Jayden was thinking about Angel. Their two vampires were missing.

"Jayden is going to be a little cross with you Angel."
Sonya said as the veterans all sat on the grass in the training grounds. Angel just shot her a glare as she knew he'd be a little pissy with her about it but the trainees needed a taste of what real combat felt like in a controlled situation. They needed to see who was who and who was to be cut. Words only did so much. The one's that Jayden had sent home were cut from the Hound program immediately. Funny enough as soon as they found out it was a test they wanted back in but that wasn't the point. They'd failed the test and thus they were cut.

'Kyra will be upset with you as well Sonya.'
Angel sent that message via mental link since Kyra's mothers were sitting less than ten yards away.
'I'm aware.'
Terra was stroking Kat's back and smiled at her.
"We have everything planned out babe. Those who are fighting the trainee's are seasoned Hounds. They know when to stop for training purposes."

~

Back at the town, the Hounds who had attacked the trainee's began to pull back after the trainee's got their head's out of their asses and began 'attacking' civilians. Those who agreed to be attacked of course. It forced the trainee's to see what war does to the non-combatants and it forced the healers to see young pups injured as well. To deal with those who haven't been trained to stay still for healing and those who will scream and cry from the pain and beg them for help while fear is clear as day on their faces. So that's what the Hounds did. They attacked the specified civilians and gave the trainee's something new to focus on. Some of the civilians that volunteered were as young as ten and twelve years old. So they were attacked but only scratched up enough that they were hurt and bleeding but not in any mortal danger. Still, they were crying from the pain and panicking from the chaos around them.

Some other male and female's played dead as they had their blood spilling along the ground around them. Blood that had been medically drawn from them the week prior to make the wound look WAY worse than it was.

The pups split into teams, and with some semblance of order rushed in to help. Those on Jayden’s team and Kyra’s fared the best. In part to Jayden and Kyra themselves. It became quickly and abundantly clear who the natural leaders were amongst the trainees. Kyra and Jayden were seamless with their groups, and somehow ended up even leading others, moving through the town. Jayden’s group rounded up the “rogue hounds”, knocking them down and creating a kind of jail for them that was truly just a circle in the middle of town guarded by more trainees. Kyra’s group worked through the homes, pulling the “rogues” out and healing those injured by Kyra’s hand or any healer she could find and drag in.

It was chaos, but the trainees prevailed under leadership, and while they made mistakes in the end they had the “rogues” rounded up, many injured or out cold, and the civilians rounded up on the edge of town with the healers and more hound trainees, making sure everyone was healing and safe. Kyra yelled the order for no one to move till she got back and thankfully everyone was happy to listen to her. She had saved most of their asses out there, either from healing them or watching their blind spots. She wasn’t a Hound anymore, but she was still good at fighting.

Meeting Jayden at the other group she looked them over. She was covered in mud and blood, as was he, and she had lost her phone in the mess.

“So now what?” She asked him, “do we, er, kill them?”

She looked disdainful of the idea then sighed, “we should move the civilians somewhere safe till we are sure this area is cleared. And we need to get home. None of the Shades or vets showed up. Something went wrong and I’m worried.”

As Jayden and Kyra decided what to do, fifteen Shade, and all of the Hell Hound Veteran's ported in front of them. Angel looked around at the groups, then looked up at the steeple in the middle of town where a single Shade had been sitting. The female jumped down and wiggled her hand in a 'so so' manner. Sonya looked at Jayden and the other Hounds and rest her hands on her hips.
"Well...ya got the job done. Not the most graceful of efforts but you two stood out head and shoulders about the rest."
She said as the 'rogues' in the middle all nodded and stood up. Terra walked past one of the trainee's and greeted one of the wolves who'd shifted by shaking his hand and giggling at the gashes on his side which he just shrugged off.

Angel clapped once.
"This was a test. A live fire so to speak. We wanted to see how many of you were paying attention and who the natural leaders were. Every 'Rogue' here is from an allied pack and they are veteran Hounds. Had they been gunning to kill you...most if not all of you would be dead. I need every trainee, healer and Hound to get in line."
As everyone lined up she had the, now healed and awake, hounds judge the trainee's. The Captain of the Allied Hounds stepped up and started tapping the shoulders of trainee's who did their duty effectively.
"All of you who were tapped, back up."

Sonya stepped up.
"Those of you who weren't. It means you failed to do your duty as Hounds or healers...miserably. Which means we will be evaluating you to decide if you stay on the team or if you're kicked from the program. Yes your pack needs soldiers...but they don't need walking corpses either. Those of you who were tapped means you held the highest chance of surviving as well. Also, from now on. Kyra. You're the Captain of the Healers. All healers will be taking orders from you. You'll need to pick four others who will be your Lieutenants. Jayden, same for you. You are now the Captain of the Hound Trainee's. Pick four Lieutenant's. Be very picky about who you pick because if they fuck up, it's your ass we'll be coming to see."

Sonya then walked over to Kyra and handed her the phone she'd dropped and gave her an apologetic smile.
'You did good babe. I couldn't tell you today was a test. You all needed to experience the fear and confusion.'
"Those of you who failed, go with Drake over there. He'll be taking you home. Go back to your rooms and await a one on one with Alex after we've made our evaluations."
As the failed trainee's were taken home, the handful that passed with high marks were put into groups as Kyra and Jayden were made to pick their four helpers from those who were standing in front of them.

Angel was gripping the seems of her pants as she really wanted to go and hug Jayden but she had to be the teacher at the moment. She had to wait for him to do his tasks before she could be the courting mate she wanted to be.

Kyra and Jayden jumped as the hounds and Shades ported in. At the admittance of the test many frustrated, upset, or annoyed shouts rose, trainees not liking the trick. Even Kyra had a bad taste in her mouth, having been so worried about her mother’s throughout, and the blood and injuries she saw she truly thought were real. Jayden looked sick, having almost killed a few Hounds, now realizing if he had, he would have killed innocent allies. Both of them got in line but neither looked to the Shades or to Terra, just at the ground pale.

‘We did it Jay. We did what we needed to and we succeeded. Barely but we did.’
But we almost hurt people. And those children. And this whole time I’ve just been scared for my mom.’
I know. Me too.’
‘But this is war.’
‘Yeah. War.’

Her head shot up as she was chosen as a leader and she paled a bit further.

“Me?”

She looked to Jayden who smiled weakly. Mostly cuz they were both drained. Kyra was only standing on her two legs because she had to, but she really wanted to lie down. For a day...maybe a week. Probably just a good nights rest.

As they got their instructions they moved with those who also received praise for their work. While Jayden picked his, Kyra talked with the healers and picked four. Missa, Bekah, Trion, and Nole. The two males had been surprisingly good and combat too, not like the hound trainees of course, but they had held heir own to get to the injured. And Kyra knew all the healers would need that. A few lessons withthe other hound trainees might’ve best. Missa and Bekah had been great runners and smart healers, and could teach everyone a thing or two about efficiency.

With that done, and the fight truly over, they all started to relax, and soon laugh over it, picking out funny highlights to try and ease their tensions. They were still young after all, finding scenes like seeing Kyra accidentally hit a guy in the nose with a swinging door funny, or Jayden getting a mouthful of dirt in one fight. None of it was all that funny but they were trying.

“How about a round of drinks?” Nole suggested, and Trion clapped him in the back, “Sounds great but it’s not up to us when training is over.”

Nole pouted and Kyra smiled tiredly as he added, “well...after? Cmon we can go to that bar-”

While the boys fussed about where to drink, Kyra saw her mother and caught up to her, hugging her tight.

“I was so worried,” she whispered, “when you didn’t show up I thought something happened at the estate. All I could think about was you and mom.”

And Sonya...but...

She pulled back, “I’m just happy your okay Mama. How much longer are we here? I want to see Mom.”

She looked over her shoulder at the group of trainees and smiled back, “And I think many of us want a bar and a few drinks. Can we?”

Her eyes finally caught Sonya’s but she looked away quickly, her face still pale. She wasn’t mad at her, she just didn’t know what to say. She was her teacher and trainer right now, as was Angel. Jayden was avoiding looking at the beautiful healer too, in part because he was still with the trainees and she was a trainer and in part because he didn’t know anymore than Kyra what to say about today.

Sonya was about to speak up when she paused then rocketed in front of Terra and swiped her hand to the left as a gash showed on her arm. The steeple tip shattered as Sonya's shields dropped and a massive surge of power boomed out of her. Angel, Drake and the rest of her squad zipped to her sides and stood facing down the road, drawing their swords. Terra backed up with a growl as Sonya kept her eyes forward.
"Take the trainee's and everyone else. Get them out of the town. Now."
As she said this, five Shade's appeared at the crest of the road joined by several actual rogue Lycan's. The other Shade started bolting around and gathering the civilians and the Lycan's.

Sonya didn't wait for the others to make a move, she just took off toward the other Squad and a massive fight broke out. Sonya moved with a deadly grace as she was fighting another wind user, spinning around and catching whatever was thrown at her, to fire it back. Angel's hands looked like they had black flames around them as she and another Healer were involved in some hand to hand combat. Each Shade was taking on another and the fighting was fast moving and violent all at once. Terra and the other Hounds were left behind as the trainee's and civilians were ported out first. The Shade immediately returned to the town and collected the other's before porting them in.

Alex was in the court yard already, as was Selene. She was informing Alex that a rogue Coven had reared it's head and that they were trying to find them. One Shade informed Selene that Sonya and her squad were engaging a rogue Shade squad and a handful of drugged out Lycan. The Queen then sent a second squad to help Sonya and her team, simply to take out the Lycan's as fighting a Shade squad would be hard enough. Terra lifted her hand to her cheek and found a cut that she didn't even know she had. That power that boomed out of Sonya had been suffocating. To think that she had that kind of power sitting idly inside of her was terrifying and impressive. Terra then turned and looked at her daughter.
"You'll have to wait on the bar scene. Go get cleaned up and rest. Alex? What do we do?"

Alex shook his head.
"That's a fight you guys can't compete with. Stand down for now."
For once, Terra nodded without complaint. If those Shade had anywhere near the power that Sonya did, the Hounds would be wiped out in an instant.

~

Back in the town, Sonya was pulling herself out of a wall as she'd been launched back from a counter blast and wiped some blood from her mouth. This Shade was experienced. Younger than her, but he was smart. Narrowing her eyes Angel was healing her arm as it had been hit by a Death touch but she'd killed the other Spirit user so she'd managed her end. The second squad was taking care of the drugged Lycan's so that was one threat down. Everyone seemed to be somewhat on par at the moment. Lifting her hand she used the splintered wood around her to send a wall of sharp wood at her enemy while dodging to the right to flank the vampire.

“Sonya!” Kyra calked out but she was already being shuffled with the others, pulled in and ported. No! I didn’t get to say anything to her. What if she gets hurt?

She didn’t care about the bar anymore. Today had been exhausting and now Sonya was out there. And it hurts. I care enough that it hurts thinking she might hurt. What does that even mean?

Jayden looked just as scared, having also called out and tried to move to Angel when those Shade arrived. Now he was pacing in a corner of the courtyard, rubbing his face and looking sick.

“Jay-“
He turned to face her, “I wanted to hold her so bad Ky. So bad. And I didn’t because I was frustrated and exhausted and I didn’t want to show weakness after the fight. But now I can’t. I can’t hold her and kiss her and tell her how amazing a woman she is...and if she gets hurt?”

He sat down and just buried his face into his hands, taking long laboured breaths. She sat with him, too nervous and agitated to get rest like we mother suggested. She had seen her mother, who came running to hug her and Jayden then gone and come back with some teas. Many had gone home to see their families, clean up, and rest like the alpha said. Even the veterans had. But Jayden and Kyra didn’t budge from their spot outside in the courtyard. Jayden couldn’t stop thinking about Angel, and Kyra was wrestling with her own feelings, trying to come to terms with what she felt for Sonya.

At some point she must have fallen asleep because when she woke again she was in her bedroom, cleaned up and in pajamas. She rolled over and noticed Jayden on the other side of her bed, out cold but washed up too. He didn’t leave me. He knows I’m just as worried.

Rolling back over she fell asleep again, though her dreams were filled with rogue wolves and angry Shades, chasing after her.

Sonya and her squad had been gone all throughout the night and into the next morning. When they finally returned, Angel was exhausted, as were the rest of them, the only difference was, the other Shade had taken blood vials from other strong vampires to replenish but because Angel was courting she refused. Feeding from another other than the vampires mate or their courted mate was not something any vampire did. So, Angel just went to her room and slept, which rejuvenated her a bit, but she didn't heal as fast. Her right arm was badly burned from the fire elemental and she hadn't had the energy to heal herself. Sonya's stomach had taken a rather large gash as well, and with their healer down she had to suffer through and just slow the bleeding the old fashioned way. Three of the five Rogue Shade had been killed as well as all of the Rogue Lycan but no one walked out of that without injuries.

Eventually, Selene moved Angel to the medical bay as well as Sonya and the other members since they were all pretty beat up and while it wasn't necessarily life threatening to the vampires, it wasn't comfortable and they were healing slowly due to the lack of energy and blood. When Sonya and Angel had been stabilized Terra went to Kyra's room where she'd taken the two newly appointed Captain's. Waking Jayden first since he was actually courting Angel.

"Jayden. Angel's back and needs you. She's in the medical wing."
When the male took off out of the bed she sat on the edge and looked at her daughter, stroking her shoulder.
"Kyra. Kyra baby, wake up."
Waiting till Kyra was alert enough she motioned to the door.
"They're back. They're in the medical wing...apparently the Shade's they faced had some strength to them."

Terra didn't inform either of them of the damages their lovers took simply to keep the panic to a minimum. She already knew Jayden was going to have a fit already, but with him at least being able to see and hold his mate, he'd be a little better.

Kyra woke slowly, her body still sore. She rolled over and blinked back sleep, noticing Jayden was gone.

“Are they back?” She mumbled, assuming if he woke and left it was for Angel. She sat up and rubbed her eyes then turned on her lamp.

“All of them?” She asked, looking to her mom. How bad had the fight been? She didn’t try to get up, knowing she wouldn’t be permitted to see Sonya. She had seen her mother have to fight to even see her Mama, and they were long time mates. Jayden was likely allowed in due to his connection with Angel, but Kyra? She said were just friends with benefits. There’s no way I could see her. And she likely doesn’t expect me to.

“Are they all going to be okay?” She asked instead, wiggling to snuggle up against her moms one side and rest her head on her shoulder.

Terra was honestly surprised that Kyra wasn't shooting out of the bed to go see Sonya. Still, she just cupped the side of Kyra's head and kissed her forehead.

"Yes all of them. Angel got some bad burns on her right arm from a fire user. Apparently the other Shade squad was talented and Angel ran out of energy while facing the other healer. Sonya took a nasty wound to the stomach and is currently trying to heal that but without their healer, they're healing the old fashioned way. Angel's healing will speed up when she's fed from Jayden since he's courting her."

Watching her daughter for a moment she decided to find out why Kyra was acting so calm about this. Maybe it was what Sonya had feared. Kyra either not being sure about her emotions or her having lost interest.

"Is there a reason you're still sitting here Kyra? I would have thought you'd have left the room as quickly as Jayden did."

Kyra bit her lip, hearing about Sonya’s wounds. I hope she’ll be okay. If only I knew how to use this shard, maybe I’d be some help...but I’m probably less help than the healers down there working on her right now.

She looked up as her mother asked and blinked, then wrinkled in brow in fake confusion, “why...why would I go? It’s not like anyone there needs me...”

She looked away, her cheeks a little pink from trying to fib. Not about anyone needing her, Sonya was better with skilled healers than a training pup like Kyra, but trying to still pretend she didn’t care.

“Alright fine Mama, you caught me,” she groaned, giving up the ruse and flopping back on the bed. She wasn’t going to try and pretend her mother wasn’t giving her that “I know” gaze. Grabbing a pillow she pressed it over her face to hide the heat in her cheeks, “I’ve been...spending time with Sonya. Extracurricular time. But I’m sure you guessed that.”

She threw the pillow away and sat back up still red faced to look her mother in the eye, “but it’s nothing...not to Sonya at least. She asked to just be friends with benefits. She is like you before you met Mom remember? Experimental. I...I don’t like it, I didn’t even want it that way Mama but she’s so...her.”

She groaned, cupping her face in her hands, “I got lost in her beauty and seduction. She just sees this...futa pup! Someone to enjoy a few rounds in bed with then move on. And I see this amazing, beautiful vampire that makes my stomach flutter when she so much as looks at me and I know I got it bad. And I’m scared Mama.”

She burst into tears. She had been holding them since they got back, trying to be the tough one for Jayden’s benefit. But now she was just an eighteen year old girl in tears wanting her mother’s comfort.

“I saw her rush that fight and all I could think of is what if she dies? What if I never get to tell her that friends with benefits is not enough for me? That I can’t get her off my mind and I think I’m going crazy because she’s all I want to impress. And I don’t even care if she rejects me because then at least I can deal with a broken heart over this indecision!”

She looked her mother in the eye, wiping at her tears, “Do you believe in love at first sight?”

Before she could answer a knock came at her bedroom door. It was the voice of one of the veteran hounds.

“Trainee?”

“Present,” She gulped back her sobs.

“Report to the front courtyard immediately. There has been another attack. We are short on healers with the previous attack. Congrats kid. Time to play with the big dogs.”

Kyra looked at her mother, terrified. Then like reflex she got up and grabbed her pouch, checking it and swearing. She was out of ointment. But she had some ingredients to make some. They could hear the Hound knocking on her parents door looking for Terra.

“Mama...” Kyra was frightened. She wasn’t ready for a fight this soon. But they had no choice. She watched her mother leave to go say goodbye to her mate and dressed, then found her mother’s and kissed Kat on the cheek, “Mama will watch out for me Mom. Don’t worry. We’ll be back.”

She had no idea if that was true but she could see the fear in her mother’s face. When they reached downstairs Kyra saw her uncle and Selene, amongst most of the Hellhounds they had on hand, and the few Shade that could be spared. Kyra noticed Nole and Trion standing nervously off to the side too.

“You got called as well?”
They nodded, “they want extra healers because Angel is down and we are facing rogues...and Shade.”
“I heard it was only one Shade.”
“Well I heard it was five.”
Kyra gulped and shookher head, “if it’s five, we don’t stand a chance. So let’s pray it’s one.”

They both nodded and fell silent. She looked around but noticed no other trainees. No Jayden.

“It’s just us three,” Nole explained, “the Hound trainees aren’t ready.”

“Neither are we,” Trion pointed out.

“yeah but our orders are to heal and stay out off the front lines.”

Kyra nodded vaguely and noticed a wolf approaching with three large pouches. She handed one to each of them.

“Ointments and salves. From the Healers quarters. Alpha says use these, not your training pouches.”

“Fair enough,” Kyra whispered, swapping them out. She trusted premade ointments and salves from the top healers over her own work. They didn’t need mistakes.

Terra smiled at her pup and nodded when she was asked if she believed in love at first sight.

"Don't tell your mother this, but I did love her the moment I laid eyes on her. I just couldn't admit it because like you...I was confused and like Sonya, I wasn't ready. However, I think you and Sonya need a long chat about this because you may be surprised at what-"

Stopping she looked to the door and narrowed her eyes. These pups weren't ready, which meant that they were really short on healers. Kissing Kyra's cheek she sighed.
"Let's go babe."

Spotting Kat she gave her mate a kiss and nodded to the statement that was made by Kyra about watching her. At least the best she could. They were both aware that even while watching someone, in war, death happened. Kyra's aunt was a prime example of that. Heading to where everyone was mustering she noticed a few Shade soldiers were there as well as Hounds. Three healers, all trainee's. Even the Shade squad was short a healer. Well this wasn't good odds.

When everyone was ready and the healers had been given their new pouches, Terra gripped Kyra's arm.
"You stay off the front lines do you hear me? You stay in the back and you heal those that come to you. One Shade will be there as your protection. You follow his or her orders to the letter."

Terra was in full Hound mode but she was speaking to Kyra as a worried mom as well. When they were ported to the area, buildings were on fire, there were actual dead in the streets and that's when Terra and the other hounds shifted. Spotting a Rogue Hound tearing into a male civilian. The Hounds and two Shade took off into the fight while the third Shade, Eric, stayed behind. He was an Earth user and specialized in defense. Stopping his foot into the ground he formed a dirt bridge to the injured civilian and carried him to the healers.

"Minor wounds, treat accordingly but sparingly, our priority is our fighters. They can't defend if they're dead."
Handing him off to the healers, Eric dispatched of a Rogue as he rushed them, causing a crater to from in the road, then slamming the walls of the hole shut, crushing the wolf instantly.

She nodded to her mom, her eyes worried. She didn’t want this to be her only fight. She was definitely going to stay behind the lines.

When they ported in Kyra, Nole, and Trion got their first true glance at war. And it terrified them. Blood, fire, screams. It was everywhere. It took a moment for Kyra to snap out of her shock and follow Eric’s orders, setting up a spot and smacking Nole and Trion on the shoulders to do the same. All too soon they were overwhelmed with injuries. But Kyra didn’t let it slow her down. She helped rose needing help, following Eric’s orders to treat the worst wounds and get the fighters back out there. If one was too injured for ointments they were ported back to the estate, gone in a blink with the vampire returning in seconds to rejoin the fight. Those hounds would have a better chance with the experienced healers on hand at the estate already dealing with the Shades, then the trainers trying to keep their heads above water.

Kyra was so busy she didn’t even have time to look up and watch the fighting going on, though she had caught glimpses of Eric keeping them safe, and his powers were impressive. He was crushing wolves quickly and efficiently. But not like Sonya’s. I felt that boom of wind. She’s incredible.

Kyra didn’t have time to watch for her mother either, though she knew her mother was the elite of the elite. Still she feared findin her in the healer’s zone, and kept looking for her face amongst the bleeding, relieved when she saw none. She barely spoke, just working hard, her arms and chest caked in others blood. The only time she spoke was to call out to Trion or Nole, both who did the same.

Terra had managed to hold her own with her squad, only getting a few injuries here and there but nothing too big. As she was snapping the neck of a Rogue Lycan she looked up and through the fire and smoke she saw a familiar face. Marcus!? He was directing the remaining Lycan's who had tucked tail and ran. Narrowing her eyes on him she saw that the fight was dying down on the front lines but a few Lycan's were rounding off trying to flank the healers and that wasn't going to happen. Taking off after Marcus Terra shouted orders to her team to stop the flankers.

Charging her old teammate she tackled him to the ground, bouncing the two of them over some hot coals which burned their fur. She didn't bother speaking to him as she charged him again, snapping her jaws against his side, aiming for his weak points and getting a good hold on him more than once. She was really delivering some pain his way when she was hit from the side by a few Rogues that he'd called on for help, which allowed him to run away while she killed the two that had attacked her.

Eric and the other Hounds took out the flanking hounds, Eric planting his hands into the soil as rock spikes shot out of the ground and skewered the attacking Hounds, leaving them injured and vulnerable for Terra's squad to finish them off. Standing up Eric looked at the healers.
"Pack up. We're done here. Save who you can, but don't waste supplies on those who aren't able to be saved."
It was cold yes, but it was realistic. Wasting healing supplies on those who were going to die regardless was a waste of resources.

Kyra yelped as the hounds got too close. Way too close. Thankfully Eric was there to stop them from getting their jaws on any of the healers. She started to pack up, wiping blood across her forehead as she tried to wipe sweat away. The air was stifling hot from the fires. Most of her patients were going to make it. Only one couldn’t be saved, but he had died before she could do anything, and while it ate her up, the adrenaline in her kept her pushing forward. She could have nightmares later.

It became chaos trying to round the injured up and pack up while hounds kept trying to get close and attack. Eric has his hands full, as did Terra’s squad trying to help. As Kyra packed up the last of her supplies she thought she heard a squeal and whipped around thinking there was a hound but instead saw two little girls trying to run out, only to run back into a burning building, a hound hot on their heels.

“Eric! Eric!” Kyra yelled but he was too preoccupied, his hands full as the rogues were rising in number against him, and two rogue Shades were heading his way too. All the other hellhounds were busy too, no one taking mind to the young pup yelling at them.

Cursing she saw no other choice than to take off, none of the veterans seeing her amongst the chaos as she darted past the safe line and towards the burning building. Nole saw her and yelled at her to stop but she ignored him, tackling the rogue hound out of the way of the door, sending him tumbling before lurching into the building, shutting the door against the assialant and whipping around to look for the little girls.

“Hello!? She yelled, looking through the dark, her wolf eyes quickly adjusting. The house was even hotter than outside, the front on fire and slowly spreading. This place would topple soon, and if she didn’t get the kids and her out, it hit them.

“Hello?!” She yelled again and suddenly a blow from her backside sent her sprawling. The rogue had ripped through the door and hit her, muzzle drooling with blood, wild and angry eyes. Kyra scooted back, her heart hammering. Oh god, I can’t take one of these on!

But she had no choice. It wasn’t going to let her walk out alive. As it lunged she rolled out of the way and shifted, a beautiful white wolf with black paws standing up. Thankfully no one could see her in the house, or they’d notice the clear monster hanging limply between her back legs too. As the rogue snarled and lunged again she closed her eyes and took a long breath then attacked, bringing all her Hound training to the forefront of her mind.

She wasn’t the best fighter as a wolf. In fact on two legs with a sword she stood a better chance then on four but there was no sword, and claws and fangs were better than fists. Their bodies clashed and she tore into his shoulder, tasting the cocaine in his blood and whimpering as she ingested some, trying to keep him from tearing her own throat out. She felt her claws sink into his leg as his sunk into her side and she cried out, letting go and rolling away, whimpering from the pain. The house started to groan, threatingly to fall. She could hear Eric barking orders for the healers to retreat, getting them ready to portal out. They’re going to leave without me! Damn it.

The rogue suddenly tackled her, and she wasn’t ready, throwing them both through a burning wall that crumbled. As they fought to gain the upper position she noticed the basement door was open, and could hear someone sobbing. They hid downstairs, probably scared of the fire too. Damnit I need to get him off or we are all dead!

Reasoning to him would be impossible so she reached up and scratched at his soft belly till he shrieked and got off her. She got back up but he was already on top of her, sinking his teeth into her injured side and tearing more flesh apart. She howled in pain, trying to buck him off to no avail. In fact with his weight and his position she couldn’t get him off. And if he kept tearing pieces off her side, soon she wouldn’t be able to move either.

But by pure luck a beam holding the house up suddenly broke and fell as the fire ate away at it and hit the rogue, making him drop off her. She scrambled away, only really able to crawl as she whimpered and shifted back, now naked and bleeding terribly, her eyes burning with tears as she gagged on the smoke. The hound was starting to rise again but Kyra couldn’t fight. She could barely stand with. Her blood loss. She inched herself back, pushing with her hands and feet to reach the basement door and slither behind it as the rogue tried to dive at her. At the last second she was able to slam the door and heard the loud crumbling behind it as another beam and wall fell, the rogue suddenly howling as he was caught in the rubble. With effort she crawled down the stairs, hearing the hound try to break through the door frantically, wanting her dead, but also wanting freedom from the burning house. A part of Kyra hated leaving him to die, but another part understood that this...this was war. And it was either her and the girls...or him.

Thinking of the children, she looked for them but all she saw was an empty basement and a single metal door set in the concrete wall. She could hear crying though, and it seemed to be coming from there.

“Hello?” She called, hissing from the pain it caused, “Hello? Im a healer! A good guy. I came to help!”

What help am I in this condition? She pulled out one of her ointments and clenching her teeth put it on the less deep scratches, helping her body heal. The wound on her side would need a serious healer though. Kyra had nothing that could stop the bleeding with that, except a clean sheet she found on the dryer as she made her slow way towards the metal door, trying to stop the bleeding.

The door slowly opened and a girl looked out, no more than 10. Her sister was inside crying.

“Is the bad men gone?”

“Almost,” Kyra got to the door and leaned on it, “but we have good men taking us to a safe place. If you come with me I can-“

Suddenly from above the house groaned and collapsed in, and Kyra only had seconds to push the girl inside the door along with herself and shut it as the entire first floor collapsed into the bSement, blocking their exit as well as setting it ablaze. Thankfully the room they were in was some kind of concrete safe room, likely built for something else but was currently empty, save for the three of them. Kyra tried the door but it wouldn’t budge, now trapped under beams and rubble.

“We’re trapped,” she moaned, sliding down the wall and pressing the sheet to her side as she winced, “I’m sorry.”

Both girls started to cry and it took all her power to stop wincing from the pain and calm them, letting one cuddle up to her good side, and the other hug her sister. They all just sat there quietly and cried, even Kyra, not even sure if anyone would find them or know to. We might die in here. We might starve to death. Oh god. Oh Mama. Mom. Jayden. Sonya. I’ll never get to see them again.

She closed her eyes and prayed for a miracle.

When Terra and the others finally made it back to the estate, everyone was beat up, no one was without injury and Terra herself had some nasty burns on her back and arms from her tussle with Marcus. Alex was outside with Selene doing a head count when Terra realized they were short one...a very important one.
"Where's Kyra?!"
Everyone started to search for a while but no one could find her. Sonya, who had mostly healed, came up with a fresh squad of Shade.
"We'll go back and look for her, and anyone else."
With that, they ported out while Terra sat on the grass finally feeling her injuries which were currently being tended to by a slew of healers that had come out to help. Angel was healed now thanks to feeding from Jayden but she didn't have the strength to heal with her energy so she just helped with ointments and deciding who needed immediate attention verses those who could wait.

Sonya the squad she was with took shape in what looked like hell. Bodies all over, burning homes and burnt corpses. Using her wind, she sucked the air right out of the flames and stopped the fires from spreading too far. The smoke was still around but it was better than before.
"Spread out, look for anything alive."
She said as she and the others began searching the rubble and looking for any signs of life, killing any Rogues they came across. Following her nose, she searched for any hint of Kyra's blood, and found it in a collapsed house.

A sliver of panic touched her heart as she ran into the house and began throwing large burnt beams out of her way. Another Shade joining her as they searched and as Sonya moved one beam she found the burnt remains of a Lycan, and the smell of Kyra's blood all over it. Dropping the beam she fell to her knees and went to reach for the Lycan as she could feel her throat tighten, her eyes stinging and tears welling. No. No, no, no...this couldn't be her. She wasn't that stupid. Why would she be in here?! Looking around she tried to think of why she'd be in there but as she was thinking she saw three Rogue Shade approaching and an overwhelming sensation of rage took hold.

Eyes glowing red she stood up with her fangs bared and charged the Shade's head on. Using her wind like a blade, speeding it up till it was razor sharp thanks to sheer speed she took the head clean off of one before he even had time to react while tackling the other and proceeding to wrap wind around her fists as she pummeled the man's face till there was nothing left. Whipping her hand out she caught the retreating Shade with a vortex of wind around him and while he was a wind user, he wasn't as strong as her and she was operating on sheer blood rage. Tearing the male to bits with a violent personal tornado around him she screamed out her pain and her rage before collapsing to her knees in the middle of a burnt field.

One of the Shade walked over and put her hand on Sonya's shoulder.
"We need to go. There's nothing here..."
Sonya just nodded as they ported back to the mansion and Sonya just looked at Terra, tears flowing freely now which told Terra everything she needed to know. Terra instantly broke down in tears as she gripped her face and tried to keep herself from screaming as the news actually physically hurt her, more than any wound she'd received.

Kyra was asleep when the Shade returned, unconscious from blood loss. She didn’t hear Sonya searching the rubble, else she might have cried out for help. Instead she lay out cold with the girls, all three praying rescue would come.

~

Kat came running out of the house, hearing late the pack was back and needing to see her loved ones. She dropped to her knees, hugging Terra tight then pulling back.

“Baby what’s wrong? What hurts? Where’s Kyra love, maybe she can help you?”

Sonya just sat there in the grass, her hands sitting limply in front of her as she stared at them, while Terra was still in full blown hysterics. Alex was also crying as he'd figured out what was upsetting Terra so much and while Selene was trying to help him calm down, Terra just looked up at her mate and couldn't speak. She was too choked up but when Kat asked where Kyra was she just shook her head before dropping her head back into the grass and gripping hand fulls of soil. Her entire body hurt, but it felt like someone had just torn a chunk out of her heart.

Slowly lifting herself to her feet, Sonya stumbled as she tried to carry herself but her legs had turned to jelly. Drake caught her as she was about to fall again.
"Come on Cap. You need some alone time."
He said softly as he practically carried Sonya to her temp home. Angel was busy with Jayden as he too was beat up about them loosing Kyra.

~

A few hours after things died down, Sara made her way into the burnt town, like the Shade, she was there looking for survivors, following her nose as it was ten times stronger than a normal Lycan, thanks to her blindness, and her hearing was above average as well. Stopping by the bodies she felt each corpse searching for a heart beat, listening for any sounds.

Kat stares at Terra, eyes wide in confusion.

And slowly they cleared as realization dawned on her. Then grew wet.

And then she started to scream.

No one had seen Katerina lose her cool. She was emotional sure, but no one had seen her on the day that her sister died. She did her crying in her room. But here, in the field, everyone was witness to the mother as her heart was torn out and stomped on and her screams echoed through the silent field, hugging her body it hurt so much.

“Not my baby!” She stopped screaming only to breath in and gulp the words but one look at Alex confirmed it and her screams sounded off again, haunting and full of a mother’s mourning. She gripped Terra’s arm and shook it, tears streaming down her face.

“Why weren’t you there?! Why weren’t you there?!”

Kat couldn’t blame Terra, but in this moment it hurt so much, she just couldn’t handle it. Their baby was dead. Their beautiful grown up baby girl was gone forever. She continued to wail until Alex found the strength to drag her inside, asking for help getting Terra in too so they could mourn in private.
~

Hissing at her pain, Kyra woke with a start. The two little girls were still asleep, clutching each other against her good side. She checked the sheet, now soaked in blood, and grimaced at the wound. It wasn’t getting better. If only I could use the shard to heal. But I...don’t know how yet.

Still, she gave it a shot. Holding one hand over her wound she gripped her locket, willing herself to heal. Maybe with her strength back she could bust the door open and get them out. But in the shapes she was in, they were trapped. At least we are alive. For now.

Her shard warmed, and a little trickled out, not enough to heal but the wound clotted, the bleeding stopping. It was something. Tearing apart of the sheet off she slowly wrapped it around and bandages herself tothe best of her ability, then tried to stand, careful not to wake the girls. Again she tried the door, and at first it wouldn’t move but she kept applying pressure till something in the rubble jolted and the door budged an inch. It wasn’t much but an inch was enough to call out.

“Help!” She yelled, waking the girls as she cried out into the battle torn ghost town, “IS ANYONE THERE? HELP US! WE’RE TRAPPED DOWN HERE! ANYONE? HELP!”

The girls realized what she was doing and started to cry out too.

Back
Top Bottom