Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales -- Round One -- OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also: have updated the spell lists; there's now notes on how Empower spells can create light, how Spontaneous Explosion can create light, and there's now a Light spell.

Misha, do you remember anything else I was going to do as regards making up spell rules? I can't recall anything right now, but I'm open for making adjudications as soon as we think of something.

The only thing I really know about spell creation rules are that it has to make sense, not do what other spells can already do, and be able to fit within one or more of the classes of magic.

I, on the other hand, don't mind some creative overlap, as long as they don't do it the same way; Empower Weapon, for example, has an application that can create light, but that's not its prime function. Creative players could find a use for it, though, and it would allow, like, a light spell when they haven't bothered to actually select Light yet.

You're right in general, of course. But it's reasonably easy to hit those criteria. It's just the effects don't always have to be exclusive to one given spell...

Wow. I figured both you and Misha would be on before me, MM.

Oh. I guess you were inactive for a bit or something, since your indicator said you were offline.

Anyway, since Dready said he'd be offline until Monday, are we gonna' get right to it if Misha shows up?

I understand the situation. I'm at work as well, and have more or less work to do depending on the day. Today should be pretty slow, since no one has come during the two hours I've been open so far.

Reminds me of my high school days.

Anyway, do you think you'll be able to play, Misha?

Well, Misha, you've engaged Cersei's processing powers. She can notice and correlate tactical data, she can do a detailed search of the area, she can investigate clues to see what all has been going on... or all three, since she's got it for about 26 minutes. We can work in PM and then you can share with the others in-character, or I can post your observations in descriptive text and basically let everybody know what you've been deducing. Your call.

Sorry for the crap post. I had a big workload come my way when I started typing, so I lost my train of thought.

I think I don't realize it because the lack of constant human interaction is slowly killing my brain....I need to get out more.

Okay, so... I feel like I'm getting more efficient at reading out stats, making rolls, making interpretations. I'm keeping NPC rolls secret in many cases, not all, and I'm still explaining as I go where necessary. Is that working for you all? Can you follow what's happening? I think our action resolutions are shaping up, and I believe we're finding holes in the rules and plots and such as we go, and patching them, so yeah, I think we're getting better.

How about you folks? Enjoying yourselves as yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom