Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales -- Round One -- OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't. We continue downward to make sure that there wasn't anything else. To truly act otherwise would be borderline metagaming.

not realy. it's the option of choosing which way to think of it: is there more, or is that the only one? :3 chasing after would mean that we believe that there's only one, whilst going down farther means we'd believe that there could be more.

Precisely. We can't know there's only one because we haven't checked. If you decide to chase after it because you know there's only one, that's metagaming. If you think there's only one, then I should have ground to argue that point.

not really, i'm just killing time till 4 o'clock when i can pick up my shiny red shirt from a friend... also i leave tomarrow for schaumburg so i might not be online for a while... maybe on saturday if the lab is open. nonetheless, i'll be on hiatus starting tomarrow until monday... maybe. depends on if classes keep me from computers or not.

oi, MM can play me just as he did you before, and i'm rather easy to run since i solve things with one of the following: fire, map, weapons drawn, diplomacy, fire, seige weaponry, fire, longsword's edge, fire, goggles, fire goggles, and by surviving unscathed. ^^

Misha, dear, I do believe it is your turn to post.

._Q

[/monocle]

Misha, I've moved y'all down to the next potentially risky area, so you can work it from there.

I also want to remind you that you've got a number of Sensorical powers. This is merely a reminder that they exist, because when you folks aren't fighting or moving, information-gathering is key.

Okay, this is what I decided, cut and pasted from my new notes:

Using fast ritual: +2 to skill, same-round. Using slow ritual: +1D+1 to skill, +1 round to cast. Using long ritual: +2D to skill, casting time about a minute. Using extended ritual, +1D after 15 minutes, +1D per 15 minutes after that (no maximum, but if bonus is higher than Willpower, it becomes harder to control the magic).

I think for the first iteration of the extended ritual you should made the +1D every 5 minutes instead of 15, otherwise it would take so long that it would seem impractical, therefore I would just use the long ritual for everything outside of combat. And possibly starting off with +2D since it takes 15 minutes to reach that initial point, or maybe even shortening that to 5 minutes as well.

Well, it's supposed to be impractical. I'm wanting to limit each individual bonus to not too much more than 2D except in special cases. So I actually want you to be limited to the Long Ritual in most cases. So your reaction tells me I did exactly what I wanted to. ^^

Now, something like controlling the weather or some big working, you're going to want as much help as you can get, so a major investment of time is required to do really powerful things. You'll probably also want to consecrate a summoner's circle or something as well, which also takes time, but adds bonuses. But that's special, very eventful spells, so it needs to have a special, very eventful ritual to it that takes a while. So that your enemies have a chance to attack you before you bring down the wrath of Nature on them, and your allies have to fight them off to keep you safe so you can finish the casting, all that good dramatic stuff. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom