Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales -- Round One -- OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gorgeousbishi6um.jpg

Kohdeki Schwendai is a wild young man, born to cause trouble in the Tower City. His last name is obviously made up, since there aren’t any records of people- dead or alive- in the city with that name. That said, he has a very misty background that he refuses to talk about. Though his mannerisms are strange and playful, he can also act the part of a noble if needed, or desired. He has a lust for gold and less-than-legal activities. Kohdeki believes that life needs to be lived on the teetering point of a razor-sharp dagger in order to squeeze the most excitement from it.

During illegal activities, he prefers to use the alias “Dark Black-adder”, as well as conceal his identity under his enchanted cloak. Kohdeki finds that killing another person is quite unnecessary, unless circumstances lead to a life-or-death situation, in which case he’ll do everything in his power to keep his friends, and more importantly, himself, alive. Threatening, blackmail, robbery, and mugging are usually Kohdeki’s nighttime past times. What loot he takes is thoroughly examined before being judged as “sellables” or “usefuls”. His favorite color is amethyst and he prefers strong-willed, sword-wielding beautiful young women.

Belongings
Climbing Kit (grappling hook, pitons, rope), Enchanted Lockpicks (+1D to open locks), Food Bowl, Knife (STR+1), Goggles of Night (grant darkvision), Locksmithing Tools, Ring-knives (for cutting straps/strings), Short Sword (STR+2), Stealth Cloak (+3D to Sneak), Throwing Knives (STR), Trapmaking Tools, Water Flask, Weatherproofed cloak and boots, Incidentals.

Let me know if my character's bio needs more sauce. I think it looks kind of thrown together.

I wish Enocia was here to play her character.

We decided that our characters would have a background together. <3

hehe, i'll be getting my chance to tune my combat skillz tomarrow. Lake Field WI here i come! O:

In case no one could sift through all the garbage that's on the chatbox now, I posted.

I have to go now. I'll try to pick up later.

Sorry guys.

Re: in-character. See, I encourage in-character banter and discussion, by all means. Play it out a few exchanges, let us get a feel for your personalities. But just keep in mind, you've got Cersei to meet with, and you don't want to play it out too long without letting your third in. So by all means, keep conversing a little while. But only a little while. XD

don't worry, when one of the conversers is somewhat anti-social, even though they deal with people on a daily basis, there's going to be at least one point that he's going to say 'we have something to do, you know.'

See, if it was a 2-person, I'd let you go long as you wanted. And when you DO meet up with Misha, by all means, continue chatting, the banter is one of the best parts of movies like Star Wars, and this is trying to ape some of the feel of Star Wars in a medieval setting.

I'll just throw stormtroopers, er, I mean, monsters at you when you're in the middle of a quip. "I've got a bad feeling about this..." "Relax, we're safe now!" "RRAGGGHHHHH!" <all scream and run>

ugh... it appears that our GM is offline.

Should we stop until he gets on again?

Misha did her own rolls, which wasn't bad, but for a guarantee of absolute impartiality, I tend to like to keep them under my own control.

This brings up a point though; this system is open for other people to use if they want to. If you've got a local gaming group and you want to use these rules, feel free. But it's good to have some practice with it. Misha... doesn't need any more, it seems like she's got it down. But she and everyone else can do some practice on "assumed" rolls.

What this means is, when it's a crucial moment, I'm going to handle the rolls. Combat, crisis situations, important searches, etc. But those of you who have played D&D get the concept of "taking 10" or "taking 20", which is when you have the time and chance to use a skill as much as you want until you get your objective right. In a situation that I rule is "assumed," i.e. I don't feel I need to roll it, because you could just roll until you get it, well, in such a situation, you can go ahead and get some practice by rolling until you get it. And I'll adjudicate and correct any misunderstandings so that you can be sure you're getting it right.

Don't have to, but it's an option if you wanna. :-D

Alright, homies, this pinnacle of epic sexiness needs to get off the internet. I'll try to get on tomorrow and on the weekend, but don't count too heavily on that.

Huggles and thrashings for all,

Kite

You know, Misha, you might think about dropping the light-ball, and just Empower Weapon a light effect on your sword blade. If you direct the damage roll into fueling a constant illumination for a length of time, you'd have the same effect and you wouldn't have to maintain concentration like you do with the light-ball... that would keep you from being -1D on your rolls from the concentration...

I guess. Why would she have to concentrate to keep it going, though. It's there and emitting a constant light. Under your reasoning one would have to concentrate to keep food created in this way in existence, which makes doing that utterly impractical.

Well, sure, I can see that. If you just want to generate a mass of light waves the one time, OK. BAMPF. Now light does what it normally does... which is travel. You make a mass of oatmeal, it's going to stay in one place. The reason why you have to concentrate to make the light shine is because you are continually generating more light, because once the light radiation is generated and bounces around and into your eyes, it's done. That's what light naturally does.

Yeah, I know, physics applied to magic. Sorry. But it fits.

You know what, it might just be easier to borrow Chay's gemlight. Or we can write a gemlight into your equipment; they're cheap, and the only reason I didn't already is because I didn't think about it. But the glowing sword blade is badass, as well.

See, things like this are why we need a shake-down! :-D Hooray, it's working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom