Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales -- Round One -- OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can see textures with darkvision, in some ways better than with regular vision, so I would think the braiding of the rope would distinguish it from the scales of a snake or the rubbery skin and suckers of a tentacle.

Oops.

Anyway, Chay's lived his life with darkvision; if the dwarves aren't concerned about such things, he shouldn't be, either. I do like his goggles as a weapon, and the torchlight thing lets him read (right now he can't distinguish ink from paper on his maps), but I would reassure the players that despite his complaining, Chay can actually work very well with his darkvision.

And since you keep saying "marble", then I'm an idiot. If it's a physical marble, as opposed to a magical effect that takes the form of a marble, you can already do that "Empower Weapon" light effect on the frikkin' marble and let that shine without concentrating. You could easily create a marble with "Spontaneous Generation" and then empower it. Of course, we should also get you a gemlight.

EDIT: Fine fine, yes, for all intents and purposes, you have a gemlight. I need to give everyone a gemlight with a light-tight cover for situations exactly like this.

Not for 3.5 years. But oh, wait, I do recall how tieflings and their angelic counterparts have unique expressions; some have horns, some have hooves, some just have hot skin or hair that looks like flames... so a tail would not be out of order. That was the description I had access to, at least.

I should point out, then, that I didn't realize THIS tiefling had a tail. Wasn't in his write-ups. But I'll account for it now, no problem.

Any other surprises I ought to know about? Intensely sulfurous farts, perhaps?

Firey hair and hot skin wasn't tieflings, it was the fire-plaintouched sub-race. I can't remember exactly what they were called.

Mr Master said:
Not for 3.5 years. But oh, wait, I do recall how tieflings and their angelic counterparts have unique expressions; some have horns, some have hooves, some just have hot skin or hair that looks like flames... so a tail would not be out of order. That was the description I had access to, at least.

I should point out, then, that I didn't realize THIS tiefling had a tail. Wasn't in his write-ups. But I'll account for it now, no problem.

Any other surprises I ought to know about? Intensely sulfurous farts, perhaps?
oi, i was going off of the 3.5 and 4e version of the teifling race, which has a non-prehensile tail in its description.

um... horns, dark hair, weird tone'd skin, strange eyes, tail... darkvision... um... fire resistance...

yeah i don't think there's anything else.

Gah. If you're going to make up mine features for me, I wish you'd at least check with me. I don't understand what steep drop you're talking about, with a railing and all that. I wrote up what I thought you meant at first, and then while I was typing that, you posted what you thought, and it doesn't make sense to me.

I may have a problem with people making up the terrain in a moderated dungeon crawl. I'm not the type to require written maps; description will do, but it really ought to be fewer people doing the describing.

Okay, rereading? We might be able to justify that we're talking about the same thing. So we can just blend it together, and the railing must be the track that the old carts used to run on. Something to grip while you go down.

But my general point still stands about specific features like that needing some sort of approval. I mean, what if I had a specific map in mind, and you go making up features that I'm not even sure what you're talking about? Gah.

Sorry, just a little frustrated. My own fault. But then again, I keep telling myself: shake-down, this is why whe have a shake-down in the first place.

I think I got you covered. I was building dread, but I think I have that dealt with.

As a note: temperatures underground run about the mid 60s, Fahrenheit, year round; the bodies and activity in Tarak push that up to high-60s, low 70s. Down in the cold and damp of the mines, I'd say it probably dips into the high 50s, but considering most of you folks don't deal with too much temperature variation very frequently, it must seem like it's freezing. It -is- damper than you're used to, because of the water table. I didn't think air pressure was going to be a problem, and the air movement is only noticeable because there aren't miners working like they normally would be. But all in all, I think you've all done a fine job with the color text.

Ooh! Actually, there's a very good reason why it might be even colder, I mean, unusually cold right around there. It wouldn't be surprising of the creature you're dealing with caused random variations in the area around it. Making it cold enough to see your breath would be one of the more benign things that might happen. So nothing needs to change, but I wanted to point out, it's not NORMALLY that chilly down there. But none of you are miners, and you wouldn't have a reason to know this. :)

oi, i'm going to wait on the rp for a little, since being caught off-gaurd shouldn't allow me to act before the stealthy character gets a chance.

Actually, dready, you are grabbed; you should declare doing one thing. Misha has declared that Cersei fired an energy bolt at the tentacle, what are you doing? I mean, bracing yourself against the sides of the passage in an effort to pull your ankle free would be one action; you'd drawn your sword earlier, were you climbing with it? You could take a hack at the tentacle. You could come up with something else, even. I just want to know something you're doing, your declaration for this round. You know you're being snagged, and you know you've got your wizard backup above you, you're a professional and reasonably experienced in unusual situations such as this; react appropriately.

As for Kite, that's true, he may not get on. That's why I'm giving him about a day, then I'll do something for him and resolve your actions. I mean, he said he was gonna try, we give him that option, and if he can't take it, I'll have him do something reasonably fitting and then we'll take it from there.

>.> That sounds fine to me. I would like to know fairly soon if I actually hit it though. I need to see if I'm still lucky when I'm not the one rolling the dice.

Good work on portraying my awesomeness, MM.

I'll be on today, tomorrow, and Thursday.

Also, I believe I'm the only one who posted a character appearance. I have no clue what everyone else looks like! D:

Misha Hiroki said:
>.> That sounds fine to me. I would like to know fairly soon if I actually hit it though. I need to see if I'm still lucky when I'm not the one rolling the dice.
why yes, yes you are misha. i think there were what, three, four rerolls off of 6's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom