Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales -- Round One -- OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't actually have to role-play out any more unless people really want to.

The extra bonus money could go toward a few special items, or you could save it for something big down the road. I'm not keeping any real numbers, but if you want to make a specific effort to save your coins, let me know, and I'll note as much.

Well, you already know what I'm spending my bonus on, and I don't know what to write next, so I guess we can move on.

-arrives-

Oh, I thought at least one of you guys would be on. I think I missed Misha by a minute or two.

Anyway, I'll be on this coming week during Tuesday and Thursday. In the mean time, I'll be saving my gold and character points.

Well, tell me what worked for you with this shake-down and what didn't. What sort of things need shaping up, if anything? What things worked well, and we should do more of?

I also want to hear back from dready at some point! We can't very well go on with a new adventure without a complement of players.

I'm going to work up the updated characters. Does nobody want to spend CP on skills?

I do want to spend points, i just need to figure out what I want. As for dready, I'll try and coax him into getting on sometime this week, but if he continues to be a no-show, then we'll have to replace him or something.

EDIT: to increase a skill from 1D to 2D takes 6 CP if I remember correctly, right?

Misha Hiroki said:
To increase a skill from 1D to 2D takes 6 CP if I remember correctly, right?
You're looking at your magic skills, right?

Well, you've got a teacher. It would cost 6CP if you were doing it yourself. But since you've got Guild resources, it is raised like any normal skill. That means 1 CP to go from 1D to 1D+1, 1 CP to go from 1D+1 to 1D+2, and 1 CP to go from 1D+2 to 1D+3 which is translated into a whole new die, so that becomes 2D. Only 3 CP. And since you can do several of those, I should impose a limit: you can only raise a skill a full D in between adventures. So, yeah, bring those 1Ds up to 2Ds if you like. it would take 6 CP to bring a 2D up to 3D.

I don't want this to sound too much like whining, but I felt like I didn't play a large enough role in the shake-down. D:

Other than that, I enjoyed it. ^^

Y'know, come to think of it, I'd like to raise Kohdeki's 'Throwing knives' skill up 1D.

Well, I can see your point about the role you played, but on the other hand, some of that was self-imposed. It's not a bad idea to sneak around and be the ace in the hole, but choosing to keep to that tactic also limits what you allow yourself to do when trouble DOES start. What I tend to do is set up challenges without necessarily a single way around them, and then let players decide how they want to handle it. Even combat; you could retreat, attack, stand back and lob molotov cocktails or whatever you wanted.

I'll see if I can set up some stuff that lends itself to stealth in this next one, just so that your strengths could become more directly useful. But I also remind you that you're as involved as you involve yourself. :)

And when you say Throwing Knives, are you talking about your whole Thrown Weapons skill? Because if you spend all your points, you can raise it two pip levels. I'll shoot you a PM.

I'm wanting to hear from dready before we move on, see whether he's in or out for the next one. Also trying to track down another player, to be either a replacement third or a fourth.

Also trying to think up exactly what I want you guys to do. I know it needs to be outside, for Cersei's story arc, but not sure what to have you do.

So, what's the situation?

Are we going to have to replace Dready? Is Broken Lunatic joining in?

Status report, ensign Ricky.

One more question. When do you think the next adventure is going to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom