Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

The smile of Alyssa’s face just wouldn’t go. How could something so small bring so much joy? She just couldn’t understand the logic behind it because there was none and the fierce protectiveness she felt over the little bundle.

Carefully she allowed Donder to take her. Both their gazes fixed on their most prized possession. Reaching out she stroked the slight tuff of her black hair.

“Hmm . . .” Alyssa mused softly. “How about Katrina? It’s my grandmother’s name and I believe it can be German too?”

Donder purred, closing his eyes as he let his little pup coo while pulling at his hair and beard as she familiarized herself with her father, the wolf shifting a bit when she tugged a couple hairs out. "Its origins mean pure." He murmured between purrs lightly still nuzzling his little bundle.

"Mh...Kleine Katrina." He mused in German, calling her little Katrina, her name mixed with his accent very smooth, "ow," he grumbled a bit when she yanked a bit too hard but never pulled back.

Alexander cooled off and gave them space before coming back in regaining his composure and issued an apology for his attitude earlier before informing them on young vampires. "Now. She can't feed from both of you constantly, so you will need to feed her on blood as well as breast milk or formula whichever you choose until she can handle baby food. Her birth certificate will be given to you soon as well."

Alyssa watched father and daughter. To think this big mushy wolf said he didn’t want her when he first found out about the pregnancy and look at him now. He was putty in the baby’s hand.

She didn’t understand what he said to her in German but it seemed like the name was set. “Katrina Locke. I think it works. I’ll let you pick the middle name.”

When Alexander reentered, Alyssa did not spare him a glance. She was far to enthralled by her little bundle of joy. “Hmm okay.” Was all she said to him dismissively.

"Mh....Lina. My mother's name." He murmured purring and nuzzling the little baby as he continued to hold her. Curtis smirked at Alexander who rolled his eyes, "I suppose I deserved that," he sighed and left for the night, the scent still in the back of his mind.

Taking them home once they were cleared and Alyssa felt good enough to get into a wheelchair, Donder's eyes would flick to the mirror that let him see into the backseat to make sure his child was there safe and sound, the alpha incredibly protective already.

Kanto panted and circled around them before pausing, his head cocked to the side at the new little person Alyssa was carrying and quieted down. He followed her intently, trotting up the stairs in front of them before laying under her crib.

All three occupants of the house were completely enthralled by the new resident. More so than anyone it seemed Kanto as he protectively stayed by the baby’s crib all night. Growling at both Donder and Alyssa as they approached for the night feeds until he was sure it was them and safe.

Alyssa yawned when she came into the baby’s room in the early hours of the morning to feed her. Say it a modern rocking chair as the baby fed. Kanto raising his paws onto the seat to get a look at the new born.

“You like your new sister?” She said to the dog as she felt the baby wrap her small hand around her finger. “Me too.”

Alyssa smiled as she sensed Donder’s presence near the doorway. “Any regrets now?” She asked softly, imagining how miserable her life would have been if she’d got rid of her baby before she was even born.

Kanto panted in agreement, licking his snout before leaning in and lightly toughed his nose onto hers as the baby stirred in her mother's grasp. Ears perking up he looked at his master who walked into the room, he looked more like a dad in the fall months with his brown waffle shirt, the sleeves rolled up also wearing jeans and his steel toed boots as well as his reading glasses she still conflicted on.

"Stop that," he snorted with a slight smirk as he walked in and sat on the floor next to her huffing as he pushed Kanto out of the way who tried to walk on him to continue to stare at the little bundle of hairless flesh.

Donder rested his head on her leg as he looked at her with a little pout. "Are you going to share or what?" He grumbled and paused smirking when he saw her breasts. "...Never mind, continue." He chuckled and nuzzled her leg closing his eyes until he started wincing, the little girl pulling at his hair. "...Daddy's going to go bald if you keep doing that sweetheart."

Alyssa grinned at Donder's words. There was a peaceful silence in the house. All the occupants in this one room. Alyssa stroked Donder's head as he laid it in her lap and she sighed happily. Life couldn't get much better than this and yet . . . she somehow knew it could and would. All because of this little creature in her arms. She kissed the baby's head before moving to press her lips to the baby's father's forehead.

"Maybe if you're good and help with nappy changes." Alyssa teased him when he mentioned sharing. Though on any other day that would have been the start of something, something that usually led to the possibility of something like this little bundle being created, that was not a possibility until she was healed from the birth and that wouldn't be for at least a good six to eight weeks.

Alyssa slowly untangled the small fingers from Donder's thick dark hair. "She's got a strong grip. Something else she get's from you besides that dark hair. Of course, she gets her looks from me." Alyssa teased before sighing again. " . . . Are you happy Donder?"

"I already help with that." He grumbled at her, his voice muffled from his face being pressed against her leg as he glared up at her. "Mostly because it takes you twenty minutes to do it," he teased with a roll of his eyes since she was a new parent.

"And yes, for the record I am quite happy minus the lack of sleep but what are you going to do." He said with a shrug and a yawn. "But my dear if you keep calling me unattractive I think that will be your first and last child." He teased....Somewhat...He could only take so many pokes at his manhood before he just withheld sex.

"Hey!" She pouted but there was still a smile to her lips. "Some of us don't have experience and seeing as you're so good at it," Alyssa yawned looking down at her hungry baby, stroking the pink chubby cheek. "you can do it more often." She grinned looking back at Donder.

"I'm not saying you're unattractive you silly wolf." She laughed lightly going back to running her fingers through his hair. "Just that I'm far more attractive." She joked, the laughter dying after she just processed what he just said. " . . . Are you . . . Donder Locke . . . saying you want more children? . . . With me?!" She looked shocked. So shocked in fact, that it was funny to behold. She always wanted more children but never thought it was going to be a reality with Donder. "Can I get that in writing please."

Donder rolled his eyes, diaper duty was something he never looked forward to, "you can pull your own wait darling." Resting his head back down on her leg he looked absolutely exhausted having to get up every few hours it seemed to check on her when she'd cry and whine though most of the time he swore it was because she was bored or had something against her father getting any sleep.

Slowly opening his eyes and looking up at her with an indifferent look as he pondered her question. "No." He said simply, but he simply answered her last question as he purred nuzzling at her leg not wanting to give her the satisfaction at the fact he was falling into being a real father incredibly well.

Alyssa laughed lightly at his response but she knew that was a yes. They were going to have many more children and she happened to know for a fact he loved the making process. She grinned to herself as she gently got up. The new born infant done with her feed, stretched and yawned as Alyssa patted her back and was fast asleep in no time.

Alyssa stood over the crib after settling Katrina in. "I just can't stop staring at her." She told Donder. "Think I'll ever be able to stop?" She didn't think so . . . but maybe when she learn't to answer back. "I can't believe that's a little bit of me and a little bit of you and a whole nother life. It's so crazy. When do you want to get started on the next?" Alyssa joked.

"You'll have to soon because I want to hold her." He growled at her with a grumble, the man obviously showing some jealousy. "But yeah at some point she'll talk back you know, and if she's anything like Pierce was...It wont take long." He grumbled a bit.

Donder smirked at her, nipping at her lightly when she joked about starting on the next but didn't answer her. He stared at her until Katrina finished feeding, Donder looking up at her with puppy eyes wanting his turn with the little bundled rugrat.

Alyssa rolled her eyes as she lifted her baby’s sleeping form out the crib again and handed her to her father. “I hope she is nothing like Pierce.” And she’d do everything in her power to make it so. Her daughter would not be some antisocial loner who didn’t know how to deal with her emotions or the world in general.

She rubbed Donder’s back as he held Katrina. “Just think if I’d never come into your office that day and shouted at you, we wouldn’t have her.” Alyssa grinned widely.

Donders eyes flicked to her from her words, a shadow casting over his face as he tended up. His daughter was highly intelligent, and she excelled in her major yet she still was very brash and abrasive but he didn’t need Alyssa telling him that.

Slowly he got up and put Katrina in her crib before turning to face his mate his eyes golden.

“And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?” He said lowly hoping the baby wouldn’t pick up on his curse.

Pierce hadn’t shown herself around since Katrina’s birth, feeling as if she distanced herself even more than she already was and it made him feel even worse.

“It means exactly what I said it means.” She was not about to be threaten or intimidated by Donder just hours after she’d given birth to his child. She had said nothing wrong. Only expelled the truth.

“Pierce can’t trust anybody, she harsh and can’t or won’t communicate, it hardly matters which. If she’s ever actually happy, I’ve yet to see it and I don’t blame her for the way she is.” She narrowed her gaze on him.

Both he and his ex wife had a hand in fucking up Pierce. That would not be happening to her little girl. For one, she wasn’t a crazy stupid witch bitch and secondly she’d do anything to protect this little girl that she loved more than life.

“Calm down.” Alyssa told him in a low tone that held a razor sharp edge. “Don’t. Ruin. Today.”

“She can. She didn’t mostly because she wanted to keep you from the supernatural world more than I did. And I don’t see you making a whole lot of effort on your end so do us both a favor and don’t smack talk my daughter.” He growled lowly, silencing himself when he heard Katrina whine and kanto growl at them.

“I’m going out for a smoke.” He huffed at her something he stopped doing months ago. Grumbling as he laid down in the hammock he growled “I didn’t fucking ruin anything...” he muttered lighting a cancer stick.

Alyssa rolled her eyes as Donder walked out sulking. It was like having two children. She couldn't say anything to him. He really pissed her off sometimes and thought it better that he walked away because otherwise it would have quickly turned into a full blown argument and that was hardly how she wanted to spend her first day with her baby. He was ruining it as per usual.

No matter what, she was stuck with in for life now. They had a beautiful child together. Alyssa left the sleeping baby. It wouldn't be too long before she was back up and hungry and Alyssa was exhausted. She went back to bed and was out as soon as her head hit the pillow. Not before grumbling to herself about how Donder was making her already regret having a child with his moody dumb ass. But maybe she was just tired and thus more irritated. It was most definitely that.

Men!

Donder didn't like the fact she never even tried with Pierce, she knew how to act in social situations, she was just prickly but she still wasn't inept. Huffing he stayed outside that night, though would wake up and help out Katrina in the night when she cried allowing Alyssa to sleep.

He got her formula ready, bags also under his eyes and held her until she'd go back to sleep and simply stay in the chair knowing she'd wake him up again after a while, the joy of children. By morning he was asleep in the chair snoring loudly as Kanto looked exhausted as well, his ears droopy.

When Alyssa awoke, she couldn't believe the time. She had a sleep that she imagined was pretty close to what it was like when you were dead. Undisturbed. She was slightly confused and panicked. Did her baby not wake up? Did she cry and had she been to exhausted to here it!? Wrapping a robe around her she rushed to Katrina's room to find the baby and her father fast asleep and snoring and the dog too. There were empty bottles on the dresser which made it clear that Donder had taken the night shifts.

She may have gone to bed furious with Donder but right now seeing the man fast asleep and snoring in the chair, she'd never been more in love with him. Picking up she sleeping baby in her arms, she put her sleeping form in the baby seat, giving Donder a kiss to his sleeping lips, taking the baby down so when she woke up and cried she would not wake Donder. Yawning, Alyssa began to whip up some breakfast, her eyes every so often going to the sleeping infant now laying in the travel crib near the door that led to the living room.

Donder rose after a while once he woke up, his neck stiff and sore from sleeping in the chair. Groaning, he left to shower and dress, coming down the stairs, his hair spiky and still damp as he looked over to his mate, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey," he murmured, his voice deep from a sleepy feeling. Donder wasn't going to apologize for yesterday, he still felt the same way but he refused to show it to her now and kept his feeling to himself as he walked around Katrina's crib and shot the little monster a playful glare. "Mh yes its fun when Daddy's in pain." He purred lightly down at her and flashed his wolfish teeth at her before walking over snagging about five strips of bacon when Alyssa wasn't watching.

Alyssa continued with breakfast, plating up their food in silence. She offered him no greeting, simply gagging his mood which was not an easy task. She sat down pouring herself a coffee and skimming the news on her phone. It was strange how in a day she was settling into a routine. A night of sleep had done her wonders and she was lucky enough to have energy to spare which she was sure most new mothers were not, thanks to her partner.

She glanced up at Donder, pushing his plate towards him. It was clear he had not got over their dispute regarding his daughter last night. Maybe she should make more of an effort with Pierce but Alyssa did not feel obliged in anyway to go out of her way to be on any kind of terms with Donder's daughter. She had no intention of playing step mother to Pierce and she highly doubted Pierce would appreciate that and plus it was just damn weird! For Christ's sake the girl was her age! This wasn't the Maury show!

Donder just didn't get it and just like everything else, if her opinion did not match him on a subject and she challenged him, he'd sulk for a week like a child. She couldn't imagine how in the world he was a pack leader when he could not be unbiased in any situation, especially one where his oldest off spring and his new mate was concerned. Alyssa suspected tensions would be running high in this household for the next couple of weeks, seeing as the one thing used to resolve most of their problems - i.e. sex - was off the table for a while, whilst she healed. Alyssa sighed. Great.

Donder paused in his eating, his eyes narrowing as he threw the half eaten strips in the trash. "Fine." He growled at least attempting to be civil and grabbed his coat not wanting to be in the same house as her at this point if she was going to give him the cold shoulder.

Slamming the door behind him he left in his car for a while starting to think a bit on the situation and back to what Alyssa said yesterday about if she never walked through his office door to yell at him. "Mh. Wouldn't that have been something." He grumbled to himself bitterly as he drove off into town unsure if he should do anything. Normally this was the part where he'd find the nearest bar that was open, especially this early in the morning but this time it didn't feel right as his grip tightened on the wheel.

Nina was just finished up her night shift at the strip bar, lucky for her the money was good because otherwise she would have found it damn hard to pay for the two bed apartment she was living in since Alyssa had ditched her to start her new life. Nina grumbled to herself as she swung her bag over her shoulder. It completely sucked. Sure she was happy for Alyssa, she guessed, but what about their plans?!

They had always said they'd go out into the world together, party and have a good time until they were about thirty and then possibly think about settling down or whatever but no, Alyssa had just decided to do whatever she liked. Hell! They'd been friends since they were five years old and this felt like a betrayal. Nina came around the bar before leaving and ordered herself a beer. The sun was already hotting up and a little alcohol went a long way to help her wind down before catching some shut eye.

But she wouldn't be able to sleep for long. She needed to go and find a one bed which was a little more affordable, later in the day thanks to her current predicament. Thanks to no good friends. After downing her beer, she asked for another. Not like she had to pay for it. That was one of the perks of working in the strip joint. The guys weren't going to charge her for food and drinks.

Donder parked...Somewhere...He wasn't really sure at this point as he walked down the dimly lit streets with a cigarette loosely hanging from his mouth. He had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep as his stomach growled not finishing breakfast as he searched for a bar that was open this early.

Turning the corner, he paused when he accidentally bumped into Nina, "sorry," he muttered and side stepped out of the way before slowly raising a brow at her. "Oh. You're Alyssa's friend." He muttered noticing her face, though from their first encounter he wasn't incredibly impressed with her.

"Hey! Watch it!" Nina blurted as a massive figure walked right into her. When he addressed her, she looked down her glasses at him as she took a step back because there was far too much of him to take in from up close.

"Practically former friend thanks to you." Nina replied, sipping on her Budweiser light. With an arched brow she measured him up from head to toe. She certainly couldn't deny that he was attractive. However, he was hardly her friends usual type . . . "Shouldn't you be home with your new baby and baby mama?" She questioned him. She may have not been on best terms with Alyssa but she wasn't going to not stick up for her friend in a sense.

There was also the fact she wasn't going to address that Alyssa hardly spoke to her anymore. She'd been so weird for the past couple of months and Nina had a feeling this was the guy to blame but she wasn't in the mood to start beef with this guy in the middle of the street. If anything, it had made her pull her shit together and adult a little more. Nina sighed. "How is the baby? Good I hope."

Back
Top Bottom