Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

One shot. That's all she had. Better to do it when her adrenaline was pumping and when she wasn't considering the consequences of the action she was about to take. However, it had been a pretty rough day so far and consequences be damned! She was going to let out all the pent up frustration that she usually kept neatly folded up inside, never to see the light of day.

Storming into the modern building, Alyssa found the office she was looking for. Knocking on the heavy door, she did not wait for a reply as she opened the door stepped in and closed the door behind her. The fine angles of her countenance and stance all radiated determination; stoic and beautiful in their harsh immovability.

Oh crap. Alyssa thought as she faced her Advanced Mathematics Lecturer. She hadn't quite thought about what she was going to say once she got here. He was a stone faced man. Rude. Blunt. As inflexible as a rock. Truthfully she had little to do with him. In all her time in his class, she hadn't spoken more than five words to him. In fact, she was pretty certain he hated her as she often sat way at the back of his class discussing the previous nights episode of The Bachelorette with her friend rather than paying attention to what Professor Locke was teaching. Well, in her defense, Advance Mathematics was supposed to be an easy A class for her. She didn't need to pay attention to pass. Math was her thing. She knew for a fact she got the best grades in this class so really, he should be grateful that she showed up at all to his damn class!

Well, she couldn't just stand here and glare at him. Better to say something than nothing at all Alyssa thought as her lips began to move.

"You know Professor Locke, I just really want you to know that you're a massive asshole." Alyssa declared with her hands as she took another step forward; feeling the pressure of her emotions ready to pour out of her. She hadn't intended to call him an asshole but at this point, there was no going back. "I was literally there. NOT late. I was there. Right there when you slammed the Goddamn door in my face! Now I know you don't care that the rest of us have lives that have to work around our education but we do. I do. And I was already having a pretty shitty day before I had to see your stupid face to make it worse. However, on this occasion I'm going to overlook the fact that you are in fact a massive douche and I'm going to give you the chance to let me take that test, right here, right now and then I'm going to get out of your, frankly, pretty thick hair and we can both pretend like this never happened."

Whoa! Where had that come from?! It wouldn't be completely honest if she said that that little speech wasn't like her but she put it down to her feisty Latin heritage. The unfortunate truth was, she had taken out on Professor Locke the frustration she felt for her pig of a boss at the restaurant she worked at, the fact that her German Shepard of twelve years had been hit and killed this morning, ergo explaining her lateness to her exam and of course the fact she had been locked out of the exam for getting there just in time after all that! Of course, she felt no need to discuss her blighted day with him. She just wanted to do her stupid exam and get back to mourning her best friend. She wouldn't have given a damn about this stupid exam if it didn't effect her scholarship and she'd been damned if she let this uppity snob of a Professor ruin her future for nothing.

Folding her arms across her chest, raising a defined brow she demanded, "So, shall we get started?"

His blinds were open, and considering he couldn't lock the door during hours, she had every move to walk right in. Donder however was about to answer her to wait a moment outside as he finished grading for other classes. Once she found him, the massive man sitting in his desk chair, typing away on his laptop while going back and forth between that and his triple monitor screen that sat on his desk to the right of him.

Hearing the click of his door once it closed, his icy eyes flicked up to the girl standing in front of him as he let out a low grunt and shut his computer, leaning back and crossed his arms over his broad chest. However perhaps she couldn't see it from his beard, but he had a ghost of a smirk across his face, he knew what she was here for. It wasn't uncommon for students to make themselves known after such an experience, but Professor Locke was not easily shaken.

"If you would have paid attention on the first day instead of sitting in the back turned away from me you would have heard me clearly state that 'the door closes the second the clock reads two o' clock.' That second had passed and you were not in the door, you were still on the other side of it. Which means...You were late." Brushing off the words she snapped at him, he wasn't worried much about it, though a shame he couldn't shoot words right back at her to risk getting called in by the President again. "As far as the rest of my students having lives..." He purred in his heavily thick, German accent as he leaned over his desk, his fingers clasped. "This is Yale, sweetheart. This is your life up until you graduate. I don't care what sob story background you have, I don't care how well you did on your entrance exams...And I especially don't give a flying fuck" Oops, that one got out... "How terrible your morning was. Do you think I want to sit here right now in some backwater country because I was the only professor that 'volunteered' from LMU Munich to spend a few semesters here? No. Do you see me bitching about it? Damn it, Donder "Just then yes, but no. No you don't."

After that they stared at each other for a long moment, Donder not budging an inch before he spoke lowly, making his words as clear as possible.

"I hope this math coarse isn't a prerequisite to another math or science coarse, because you will be forced to take it again next semester."

And that was it, he was going to fail her, just for all of that no one so stupid or at least so entitled as she seemed could just walk in there, call him an asshole, or any other professor for that matter...And expect to be let off with a warning and maybe a few points taken off for a late exam. Not a chance. Waving her off he opened his laptop again to pull up her file and take her out of his class.

Alyssa glared at him for a long moment. Unbelievable! He really was a big of an asshole as she always thought he was. Although his large build and his coarse words were beginning to overshadow her built up resolve she wouldn't let it show. She was far too proud. This day was slowly getting worse. At this rate, she'd have to work another job to keep going. Then there was the fact that she'd have to deal with this beast for ANOTHER semester! She wondered why she had done this to herself. She could have easily gone to any medical school in the country but no she wanted to go Ivy League.

Tears brimmed the edges of her eyes but she dare not let them spill. Not in front of this man. She would show no sign of weakness but she'd certainly have to consider her options more seriously. Either work herself to death trying to get an Ivy League education or go back home . . . Disgraced and with nothing to show? Not an option, Alyssa decreed to herself immediately.

He was heartless. And right now she hated him more than she had ever hated anyone! She practically shook with outrage like a volatile volcano that may explode at any moment. It made sense though, she thought. He was a damned German. He might as well have been Hitler himself at the moment to her. And she would not dignify him with any response. Instead she spun on her heals and headed for the door.

In the chaos of her inner workings and the books loaded in her arms, as she reached for the handle her phone rang. Alyssa tried to answer it which only led to her further degradation in front of the villainous Professor. She kept her back to him as her phone hit the floor turning onto speaker mode with her books piling on top of it.

"Happy Birthday mi amor." Her grandmother's voice could be heard but instead of a felicitous tone it was filled with sorrow. "Nina told me Brutus passed away this morning. Tell me it's not true corazón. ¿Que pasó? What happened?"

A tear ran down Alyssa's cheek and she wiped it away instantly as she tried to gather her belongings. The faster she tried to pick everything up the more quicker it toppled back onto the ground igniting her vexations even more so.

"He got hit by car. Some bastard was driving at over 50 miles per hour, he-he had no chance." She practically growled as the books slipped from her hands again. "Nana, I can't do this right now. I'll call you back later." Ending the call she stuffed her phone back in her pocket, this time stuffing the books into her backpack, even though it would not close. She felt she had lost enough dignity for one Goddamn day. She just wanted to get the hell out of this office. Plus, there was the overwhelming guilt of how badly she had just spoke to her grandmother right now but she just could not deal with it all. Slinging her weighty backpack over her shoulder she stood up and sighed and straightened her spine as if this whole scene had not just happened. Ignorance was bliss after all . . .

Donder was almost immune to the hatred, he knew students talked, he knew how they felt about him. Hell...His own daughter took his classes, excelled of coarse but that had nothing to do with him. She even hated his classes, though she had personal reasons to go along with it. Waiting for his classes to come up, he selected the coarse she was in and scrolled down to her name, having trouble remembering but once her student ID popped up he found her easily.

Right as he was going to click and remove her, he rolled his eyes and slowly glanced over at her when her phone tumbled to the ground and accidentally hit speaker. Girl can't walk and chew gum at the same time, can she? He thought to himself seeing her still taking up space and oxygen in his office as he glanced back at his computer.

His finger hovering over the key before he listened to her words, honestly he didn't need to hear it on speaker, his werewolf senses easily understanding every word...Minus the Spanish...And paused, glancing at a picture of his beloved canine companion on his desk who was eagerly waiting for his master to come home, he'd assume...That or be sleeping on the couch.

Gritting his teeth together, he closed the page he was on and shut his laptop, getting his things together.

"You can take it in the morning before eight. Whatever isn't completed by the time I'm supposed to start my morning classes will be counted wrong, and you will have fifteen percent deducted from your grade because its late, and for thinking you could scare me into letting you retake it by acting like a spoiled, entitled brat." He snapped at her his back to her as he closed his briefcase. "Now get out of my office. I'll see you back here in the morning."

Stopping in her tracks as he spoke, Alyssa did not turn to face him. Still stubborn and proud, she could have easily retorted how he was a bully and should act his age and that if anyone was spoiled here it was his snobby entitled ass but this time her sense of survival took the forefront and she realised that was as much as she could expect and it sure was a hell of a lot better than another semester of this pig's classes.

Opening the door she left without turning or without saying a word. On her way back to her apartment she supposed she should thank her pigheaded Professor but to be perfectly honest she did not trust him and decided to hold off all gratitude until after she completed the test. When she got in her roommate was nowhere to be seen and although tonight they had planned to go out and celebrate her birthday, well suffice to say she did not feel like celebrating and found herself fast asleep. She wasn't a big crier. She loved Brutus, he had loved and protected her when she had no one else. He didn't deserve to die the way he did and the apartment was mournfully quiet, devoid of a larger than life personality.

Sleep was her escape from the horrible day she had just endured but tomorrow was another day and Alyssa was up and showered by 6am and on campus for 7. She was taking no chances as she waited for Professor Snotty. As she waited she realised how lucky she was. She couldn't believe she had called him an asshole . . . and a douche! A small smirk played across her lips as she shook her head at herself. What an idiot. She thought to herself, deciding she'd be her polite usual self today. He may even be lucky and receive a smile from her today. At the very least she promised herself that she would apologies after she completed the test, though she doubted he'd appreciate the sentiment or accept it. But to be completely honest she did not want to face him again, even though she knew she had no choice. How did one speak to someone you'd called an asshole the day before? She couldn't exactly say Good morning Professor Douche could she? No matter how appealing the notion was.

No, instead she waited quietly, the place was practically empty this early which didn't help her nerves in the least. Alyssa thought over how she'd greet him when he arrived, possible small talk or just to get straight down to business. Playing the scenarios over and over in her head.

The professor was already in the school, his office unlocked for her, allowing her to take her exam at the table in the middle of the large room. Walking in as she spaced out counting scenarios in her head, he said nothing and set his computer bag next to his desk and unlocked his briefcase to hand her the exam before starting the stopwatch and allowed her to start. From then on he sat quietly at his desk, the only two things heard were his powerful fingers typing away on his computers and the clock on the wall ticking by.

It had been years since he allowed a student to retake a test under these circumstances, and if anyone asked he would have simply called it a bereavement excuse and leave it at that. The moment she began with her test, there was a large - 15 on the front page at the top as a reminder to her that he was doing her a massive favor. It wasn't exactly him being mean, but he made sure he was incredibly clear even without saying a word that this sort of thing would not be repeated in the future unless it was a legitimate excuse.

When the time beeped, he shut it off and for several moments he didn't say anything, more intent on finishing whatever he was typing than taking the test up. Finally he pushed himself away from his desk, getting up from his seat and took the test out from under her. Normally, when she saw him he was either sitting in his office or down on the bottom floor of the lecture hall where she usually sat up top in the back. Now she could see just how imposing he was face to face, and why many students wouldn't dare bother him in his office hours, the man looked like he crushed skulls just to work up an appetite.

"That's time, don't be late again." He said and opened the door for her, his icy eyes starting indifferently at her waiting for her to leave so he could get back with his day.

Silence. It worked perfectly well for her. She wasn't going to say hello if he was barely going to acknowledge her existence. He made it clear she was nothing more then like a fly in the heat pestering him. The big and bright -15 was as clear as day. Her pout turned into a frown at the sight of it. It made little difference she decided and started on it. The ticking of the clock and his heavy fingers on the keyboard were accompanied by her pen tapping on the desk after twenty minutes or so when she had completed the paper and was reviewing her answers. Quite happy with her work, she glanced at him from under long lashes. Her head leaning on her palm, the long curly locks covering most of her face.

What the hell was his problem?! She wondered. Hell! Why did she even care? Turns out she didn't. She figured she was just irritated with his attitude. He'd definitely make a wonderful Nazi she thought. Too bad he was born a century too late. With Professor Locke on Hitler's side, she would bet the little money she had that Hitler might have won. She sniggered to herself.

Her amusing musings were broken when the timer went off. She straightened up not sure whether to get up and hand the paper to him or not? Just when she decided to finally get up he came and snatched the paper from under her. She narrowed her dark brown gaze on his for a moment before slowly pulling her coat on. Suddenly she felt overwhelmed by his large presence. It wasn't just his build, that was large enough but it was his aura. Dark. Commanding.

Alyssa pulled her bag over her shoulder as he finally spoke to her. A frown burrowed between her brows as she heard his words. It infuriated her. As if she had chose to be late on purpose! "Didn't know you'd miss me so bad Sir." Her mouth spoke before she thought through what she was saying. Shit!

Stopping at the door across from him; Alyssa subconsciously look a step back. Everything about Professor Locke she realised was overpowering. He wasn't a man you wanted to mess with but she was not wrong and she wouldn't back down. Nevertheless he was her Professor and she still had to get through a class with him.

"Look," She sighed, lifting her chin and straightening her back as he seemed unmoved. "About yesterday Professor, I know it's no excuse and maybe I shouldn't have called you an asshole . . ." She looked down for a moment. "Or a douche." She laughed shortly without humor. "Though you were a bit- I'm getting off the point." She declared shifting her weight on her feet as she realised she was about to once more decree he was a douche bag. "What I mean to say was . . . I was having a bad day, not that I expect you to care about that and I shouldn't have called you those names and just . . . thanks!" She laughed again nervously. "For letting me take the exam again that is and err . . . you know I work Gio's down the road, you know the Italian Restaurant? Well, as a way of showing you my gratitude I would be happy to buy you lunch-"

Oh God! This was all coming out wrong! It was like an unstoppable train wreck that couldn't be avoided and yet you couldn't stop it.

"Err what I mean is," Alyssa laughed again gesturing with her hands. "NOT like a date. I mean I would NEVER date you." She added emphatically. "You're so rude and-and crass!" This bout of verbal diarrhea was getting worse by the moment. "Not that there's anything wrong with that-you!" Wow! Had she EVER found herself digging such a deep grave?! Taking a deep breath she started again. "I work at Gio's." She stated almost like bullet pointing. If there was a fly on the wall, it might have been dying with laughter. "You let me take the test again. As thank you. You and any friend of yours. Free lunch/dinner. On me. But only when I'm working. Obviously." She added. "So . . . Thanks. Again." She said with two thumbs up. "I think I should go now."

Might be safe for everyone. Alyssa cringed inside, dying of mortification. How hard was it to say thank you and leave?! Clearly far too simple and difficult a task for her. Idiot!

Donder stood there, his massive paw on the door handle as he awaited her to just leave as he held it. Brow twitching however when she made her first pointed words at him, he flashed her a toothed sneer, his teeth impressively white but also oddly sharp looking, but perhaps nothing out of the ordinary.

"I don't. It was a warning, unless you like getting a good three inches of wood in your face every afternoon." He said just as pointedly to her, the two seemed to be quite skilled at back and forth insults. His powerful knuckles were turning white from the hold on the door handle, it was too early for him to endure her entitled act with a calmer facade. He glanced out the window seeing another student there, however she was more than a student. Pierce would come by every now and then during the week, taking his highest math coarse the school offered since another coarse was required in her field. He didn't want to keep her waiting, their relationship was rocky anyway.

Blue eyes flicking back to Alyssa, his brows narrowed at her again as she started to stutter, causing him to let out an amuse huff as he stood and listened to her smattering of words. However the restaurant invitation caught him off guard, causing him to let go of the door nob, keeping his foot to hold the door open as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Not saying a word, he just let her leave at that, Donder watching her go still a bit confused on what happened.

Alyssa passed another girl, a bit younger than her but not by much. Average height, dark brown hair, light freckles, nothing incredibly eye-catching except for the familiar ice blue eyes and blunt, straight to the point attitude she shared with her father, minus actively being an asshole.

"...What the hell was that?" Pierce asked glancing to her father, her accent still well heard but not as thick.

Donder shrugged and got his things walking to class with his daughter as they spoke, though in the back of his mind he wondered which of his friends or colleagues liked Italian.

--

She received her corrected paper in class as the other students did before hand, Donder starting his lecture by first going over similar problems to the most missed on the test, his back to them, left hand writing on the massive board while the other just sat in his pocket. Nothing special about the class as he went on with his words, paying her no mind throughout the rest of the hour.

--

During the weekend, two large men walked into Gio's, the first a blonde man in his thirties with honey brown eyes and known as one of the chemistry professors. He was a nice, jovial man enjoying to engage his students with the topic, always smiling. Behind him however was his opposite, Donder no longer wearing his normal suit, formal wear and instead looked more like a biker than anything else, not only were the two men like night and day, but so was the German's attire compared to the usual.

His hair wasn't combed back as normal, it was just a tad more rustled but not unkempt, wearing a black t-shirt, jeans, and steel toed boots with an expensive watch on his left hand to match.

"Didn't think you liked Italian, Donder." William teased his friend, as Donder rolled his eyes with a smirk as they waited to be seated.

"I never said I did, Will it just gives me heartburn. Not to mention who wouldn't pass up free food?"

"I hope that girl doesn't have a stroke when she sees your appetite. You're not going to make her comp six meals all just for you and whatever I get right?"

"I don't know. I am a douche." Donder purred within earshot of Alyssa. He could smell her when they walked in, though he would never say anything about it, keeping his enhanced senses a secret.

As she left his office, she could have died right then! What had she said?! And then to offer him a free meal?! She was out of her mind! She barely noticed the girl she passed, all Alyssa could think about was getting away fast as she could. When she had recounted the tale to Nina, her roommate, the woman had keeled over in stitches. This kind of stuff wasn't supposed to happen to her.

It took two good long days for the whole encounter to slowly leave the forefront of her mind. Plus, the Professor had done her the great favour of ignoring her in his class, which worked wonderfully for her. Though, this time she had found herself paying more attention to his lecture and previous nights episode of The Bachelorette was far out of her mind.

By the time it was the weekend, her anxiety about the Professor taking her up on her offer had also waned. For, she was sorely hoping he wouldn't take her up on it. So far he hadn't shown. So far so good! It was a normal busy weekend at Gio's. Gio was another asshole. But he was her boss and as per usual he was incompetent and shouting at her for his imcompetencies. Alyssa had learn't to grit and bare it. After all, she needed the pay check and jobs weren't easy to come by. At least, jobs where she could work at night because she had school in the day time. Nights like these, it was absolutely exhausting but what other choice did she have?

There were three tables waiting for service and Chloe the other waitress working this side of the room had decided to go for a cigarette break leaving Alyssa to man the fort. She had heard the word douche from behind her and it made her grin. She knew the table was waiting for service but it just reminded her of her scene earlier in the week. She supposed it had been a little while now and she was out of the woods enough to be able to laugh about it at least a little.

Grabbing the note pad and pencil from her apron she turned and greeted the two men seated. "What can I get you two handsome fellows tonight?" She smiled, readying her pad and pencil when she did a double take. The blood almost draining from her face. "Professor Locke?" Alyssa staggered. It almost appeared as she was shocked to see him here. Well, she kinda was . . . What in the world? Alyssa thought, the emotions playing across her face. Confusing. Anxiety. Annoyance. Before she managed to culture her features into a pleasant smile. And what was he wearing? It was . . . Stylish. And she had to grudgingly agree that he was pretty hot when he wasn't being a stuffy, snotty Maths Professor. She could hardly belief it was the same man. No. He wasn't hot. She rounded on her own perception. He was rude and . . . just plain beastly! She suspected she had just to wait for him to open his mouth. Nonetheless, she had offered him a meal on the house.

"I'm glad you took me up on the offer." She lied with a deceptively congeal smile. Offering her hand to the other gentleman. "I'm Alyssa Sanchez. Professor Locke's best student." She joked, shaking the mans hand. "I'd say his class is my favourite," She began to laugh nervously as the verbal diarrhea was starting again. "But no one ever would believe that!" She laughed harder, wiping her palm against her apron. It was beginning to sweat. "Wow! It's hot today huh?" She cleared her throat, forcing herself to calm down, she concentrated on her pad. "So what can I get you guys? It's all on the house."

Donder's lips spread into a wolfish grin, almost teasingly, something he'd never shown any of his students before but now he was out of work and doing as he pleased. William glanced between the two and smiled as they sat down, shaking her hand and nodded.

"Dr. William Kent, Chemistry professor, and...No need to lie miss Sanchez, Dr. Locke told me about you in his classes. Excelling student yes, but we both know you'd rather be doing other things...Though that last episode of The Bachelorette brought me to tears..." William sniffed a bit, however he wasn't joking as he had some interesting choices in television programs, Donder on the other hand gagged at the thought of the show.

Donder was quiet for the most part, glancing through the menu as he ordered a dark beer to drink, William frowning at his friend. "Little early for that, don't you think Donder?" However he was silenced with a stiff glare pointed to his direction from the massive German across the table. William rolled his eyes and ordered a cola and waited for her to come back to order lunch.

"Give me the veal hero with a side of caprese mac and cheese." Donder ordered, William ordering a simple pasta dish, not ordering anything heavy unlike the massive man across from him.

--

Looking around as they waited, Donder sipping his beer he noticed she was the only one running around at what looked like a busy lunch service as he glanced at her when she set his refill of beer down. "...Are you the only one scheduled?" He asked frowning never seeing waitstaff serve so many tables at once.

Alyssa's gazed narrowed on her Professor. He was unusually cheery. Well, cheery might not have been the right word but . . . Well behaved. As well behaved, that was, as she assumed as he could be. Dr Kent put her at ease however. He seemed like a genuinely cheery man. His smile was authentic and there was no pretense about him. He appeared just as a Professor should. Much unlike his companion who sat across from him like a Viking God at this very moment.

Her dark brown gaze settled once more on Professor Locke as the other man declared that Locke claimed she was a excelling student. That defined brow raised once again, it was almost a question to her brusque lecturer that challenged silently, "Oh really?" However, she guessed that Dr Kent was just being polite. Yet, when Dr Kent mentioned The Bachelorette, Alyssa's face turned chagrined red. She found herself once more mortified. Again, she did not know whether Dr Kent was serious or if he was making fun of her. He didn't seem like the kind of man who would be the latter.

Deciding to simply smile, Alyssa started with their order for drinks. She was perplexed. They weren't going anywhere for awhile and she couldn't pawn them off to one of her colleagues even if they were around. Which fortunately turned out to be a good thing, meaning she wouldn't have the time to stand around and make small talk with the Professors.

As she ordered the cola for Dr Kent, she couldn't help but notice the slight tension between the men when they were ordering their drinks. Which she supposed was good, taking the attention off her but she couldn't help but notice something in Professor Locke's eyes when Dr Kent had mentioned it being early to start on the hard stuff. Something almost animalistic. But this WAS Professor Locke they were talking about. He was practically beastly. Clearly less so however when food was involved.

"Hey Joey, water down that beer just a little will ya." She said to the bartender. It wasn't unusual to water down the beer, usually when a customer was getting rowdy but with Professor Locke she was taking no chances. Even if he could taste a slight difference, how was he gonna prove it?

Grabbing the drinks she headed back to the table, being stopped three times along the way. She had become a pro writing things with one hand and carrying a tray in the other.

"Sorry about the wait." She smiled to the men, imaging them to be just regular customers and not men who could very possibly make or destroy her career. Her eyes rolled in disbelieve as she took the calorific order from Professor Locke. Dr Kent was more of a gentleman and only ordered a small dish. She peered at Professor Locke again and decided he couldn't possibly have over ordered. He was huge. And no doubt the calories he was about to intake hardly made a dent in what he possibly consumed everyday. "Right. It won't be too long gentleman. Just hang back and I'll have your food in no time and if you need anything else just give me a shout." She smiled once more.

As she whizzed around all the tables in her section, although she took orders, bought food back and forth, her mind was on Dr Kent's words. She deduced after overthinking the conversation, at least five times by now, that, one: Although Dr Locke was way down in the Lecture Theater, he had heard EVERY word of her conversation. Firstly, how was that even possible? Two: He was discussing her with his colleagues. She wondered if they sat around laughing at her. Alyssa frowned at that thought. Three: Dr Locke, was clearly a COMPLETELY different man outside of work. Four: Somehow, she suddenly found him attractive and five: She did not trust him at all.

She grabbed their glasses and got them refills when she saw they were empty and started wiping down the table next to theirs that was unoccupied now. She glanced up when he questioned her. "Schedules here are nowhere near as ridged as the ones you impose in your class Professor." She grinned across at him. "My colleagues are taking their . . . unofficial breaks." Which meant they were mean and old enough and had been here long enough to do as they pleased and she was fairly new and at the bottom of the pile. "It's work." Alyssa shrugged and then disappeared when their order was ready. She carried all the food over and laid it out in front of them. "Enjoy." She smiled. "You guys have a good eye, ordered the best stuff on the menu. Do you need anything else?"

Last edited:
The brushed off answer she gave him about being the only server at the moment made him frown, not because she seemed overworked but because she was just about as unfriendly as he was...Which was fine he supposed, eye for an eye, or whatever that stupid saying was. The minute the beer touched his lips he knew it had been watered down, making him sneer into the liquid and let out a breath glaring at William with a hushed voice.

"She watered down my beer because of you, asshole."

William smiled innocently and drank his cola, not wanting to continue poking at the beast, however all he said was simply "prove it."

With a huff as they waited, he didn't engage Alyssa in further conversation as she didn't want to be and simply nodded in thank you once their food arrived. The massive man devoured his dish in no time flat, however he did it in a somewhat refined manner, he wasn't a slob though William ate with an even more refined taste.

Since it was on the house they simply left after dinner, Dr. Kent telling her it was nice meeting her, saying perhaps she'd take one of his chemistry classes in her later semesters.

As Alyssa was clearing the table, under Donder's plate was her tip, a twenty dollar bill which was more than enough considering the food they ordered. However when she went to take it up there were five stacked on top of each other. Surely the mathematics department head wouldn't just miscount his money? Either way she was left with a much higher tip than she expected.

--

Sunday was uneventful, Donder mostly stayed home and graded more tests and such for his other classes as he thought back to what William said to Alyssa at the restaurant. He wasn't exactly...Wrong...Not many people 'excelled' in Locke's classes, but she was doing far better than most, even with the dent from that last exam. As he closed his laptop, he found his faithful companion, Kanto staring right at him whining quietly as his owner rolled his eyes.

"Alright, lets go."

Donder lived out of the city in a vast forested area where his pack could run and train without being found, however on the outer borders was a popular hiking trail that he took his dog out frequently. Simply opening up his door, the dog ran out as the pair walked without a leash, Donder glancing around every now and then on his phone and opened up a 'childish' monster catching App when he saw no one was around to judge him as they crossed stops along the way.

It was relief that flooded over her when the pair of men finally left. Alyssa was certain she couldn't afford to put another foot wrong with Professor Locke and yet everytime they seemed to interact of late she ended up putting her foot in her mouth. That was all well and good, except once again she was the bottom of that barrel and he held all the power. She sighed as she began to clear up after them. However, when she picked up Professor Locke's plate she was shocked to see a twenty dollar bill. Another then another and another two more after that.

"A hundred bucks?"

Alyssa stared at the twenties in her hand for a long moment. Was this a joke? . . . Her confusion slowly turned into anger. How dare he?! She was utterly insulted! And once again, for the rest of that weekend found herself fixated on Dr Locke and his motivations.

What should she do? She wanted to confront him. However, after her last confrontation Alyssa wasn't quite sure that that was a great idea. Yet, she couldn't let him get away with this?! She told Nina about the money.

"Girl are you crazy?" Her friend replied. "If a man is tipping you a 100, you don't complain about it, you find out how you get your hands on more of that." Nina declared. Alyssa pouted. Nina was her oldest and closest friend and though their careers were headed in different directions they always had each other. Hell! Nina had moved all the way out here with her when she'd moved from New York to study. As Nina had put it, "She could strip in any state." Which turns out was true.

"Listen to me Alyssa, you crazy if you confront that man. Anyways girl, there's only one reason a man tips a girl that big." Nina winked. "Believe me, I know, this is what I do."

"I think that's hardly the case here." Alyssa rolled her eyes. "The man practically despises me."

"Yeah but that's not what I'm hearing you saying. All you've talked about this week is this mysterious Professor Locke."

"Argh! That's because he's-he's . . ."

"What?"

"Nothing!" Alyssa stormed off to her room, Nina's laughter following her. "Some friend you are!" She called out as she left.

"Girl! I'm right and you know it! Hey! I'm going to work now, have pancakes and breakfast ready for me in the morning!"

A restless night followed. Should she? Shouldn't she? Monday seemed longer than the night before. Her Math class with Professor Locke was the last class of the day and the hours seemed to be dragging and yet when it was finally time for his class, that hour seemed to zoom by. Even during the lecture Alyssa debated with herself whether or not to broach the subject. But she felt it was completely disrespectful on his part, in fact, she surmised, it was a way for him to put her in her place. And that, she would not tolerate.

She waited for the class to empty before she made her way down the stairs towards him. Taking a deep breath, she gazed at his broad shoulders as his back was to her. She definitely preferred him in casual wear she decided before telling herself to focus.

"Professor Locke?" She approached him. "I wanted a word . . . I'm glad you enjoyed your meal but frankly . . ." She grabbed his hand and placed the five twenty dollar bills in his enormous palms. "I'm insulted. And I wish you'd refrain from such gestures in the future. The lunch was on me. I maybe . . . less well off than you but I have my dignity and certainly my respect. I DON'T need your money." Pulling her hand away. "And for your information Sir, the usual tip amount is 15 to 20 percent of the untaxed bill NOT 15 to 20 percent of all tax paid in Romania or Uzbekistan or somewhere!" As she went on she was getting worked up without realising it. "Do you enjoy this or are you just trying your hardest to insult and annoy me?"

Donder wasn't in a foul mood, he was pretty 'meh' most of the day. Nothing caught his attention, nothing angered him, he was just about to go to his office and prepare for his final class of the day. Her scent was the last in the room considered fresh, he heard her behind him and didn't make a move to see what she wanted knowing it had to be about that tip. He let out a low breath and rolled his eyes before his hand was grabbed and he was turned around, allowing his massive self to be yanked like a doll as he glanced down at her, cocking a brow.

He slowly moved his gaze slightly past her as she lectured him, tuning her out before his icy gaze hardened and flicked back to her face in an incredibly imposing fashion.

"Are you done?" He said in a low tone, his voice deep with a hint of an animalistic growl. Slamming the bills on the table, making the desk wobble he straightened and crossed his arms. "Swallow your pride for a day, girl." He snapped through his teeth at her, showing just how sharp they were, just how angry he was. "I was trying to be nice. Those twelve pigs at the party table tipped you no more than five dollars. I'd be more insulted by them instead of a man who tipped you a hundred so you could eat for the next week. I find you of great annoyance to me, but I do not find you weak."

Whipping around he snatched his briefcase and slung his laptop bag over his shoulder snorting at her but made no move to pocket the money. "If I found you weak, the last thing I would do is hand you money. And for the record..." He said making his way to the door moving to leave, his blue eyes for a short, split second looked as if they flashed gold. "Don't ever correct me in my math. I'm not an idiot like you so think I am." He snarled and moved to slam the door.

The tension had rose in the room which only led to incite Alyssa further. How dare he speak to her like that?! If she felt any fear from his stance and growling, that took a back seat to her chagrin. When he was yelling it was almost as if the whole room shook. But she'd be damned if she let this man intimidate her! Yet she noticed everything about him. Like how his presence expanded when he was irate, how his eyes flickered a different colour.

All of that was of little consequence now. She was utterly infuriated! He could not simply dismiss her like that. The frame shook as he slammed the door. However, Alyssa was right behind him.

"No I'm not done!" Gabbing the cash she shouted after, following him through the door. She had to run to catch up with him. "And I'll correct you in your math and much more!" She spat as she jogged behind him to catch up. He moved far to fast and swiftly for a man of his size. Finally she caught up with him and side stepped him to stop in front of him and stopping him in his tracks.

"I said I'm NOT done." She reiterated. Taking the money once more, this time she stuffed it back in his blazer pocket. She didn't want his damn money! But she did want to give him a piece of her mind. "Just so YOU know," Her slender finger began to jabbed him in his solid chest as she made her point. "I'd happily have taken a dollar from those assholes, even less if they'd have given it, because at least I would have known it was an honest tip. NOT a pity tip, like the one I got from you! Because frankly Professor I DON'T need your pity or your money. Stop acting like you care because we both know you don't give a damn."

It was surprising there was no hole right through the middle of his chest, she'd jabbed him so many times and hardly lightly. In fact, she was so furious she hardly realised where she had followed him to. It hardly mattered now. She needed to say what was on her chest. He looked down on her and that she could not accept. "You look down on me. You think you're better than me. I may not have your money or career or-or be foreign but you. are. NOT. Better than me Sir. And don't you forget it."

He closed his eyes as he heard her footsteps rush up to him. He was loosing his patience, clasping his fingers into a fist so hard his knuckles cracked loudly as he stopped in front of her letting her jab him in the chest until he opened his eyes at her again, now they were bright gold with red flecks in them. He never lost his temper at work, but she was just so....Persistent....And wouldn't just leave him alone.

"Get off your high horse for three seconds." He cut her off, his voice splitting right through her words though he talked quietly, it was clear as day. "We are not equals. Not until you've given up more than you have in more than one occasion in your life, not until you fail about ten thousand more times, and not until you've provided for other people than yourself. You're not better than me, no one said anything about being better than someone else. That tip would have added up to being what that table should have tipped, I just rounded up so I could leave. It was more of a response that they had you running your ass off the entire time while your other 'coworkers' dicked around in the back, and to tip you that little was an insult. In fact it would be more appropriate for you to track them down and tear your little harpy talons into them now wouldn't it?"

Leaning down so they were face to face, his lips were pulled back into a snarl.

"You have no respect. You lack it, and I recall seeing in your file that you're a medical student, yes? You better start kissing up by the time you hit residency. Swallow some of that ignorant pride of yours and just take what's thrown at you, because that's how life works. If its not fair, deal with it and try to make best with what you have. But walking into my office like you own the fucking place and talking to me, your professor, which mind you is actually over your head, will get you nowhere. I've made more time for you than any other student, even more so than my daughter who took my class the semester before. This is your last warning, Miss Sanchez. Learn some respect, even for the worst fucking pigs that plague this earth, as long as they have some holding on you. Last chance, fuck it up and I will fail you. Not drop you, fail you. Do you understand the severity? There are professors that would have done that the minute you walked through my office door and usually I am one of those."

He stood up and straightened his tie, his eyes back to blue.

"Not everyone is out to get you, so stop acting like an entitled brat until you have two feet to stand on." With that he turned and left her standing there, leaving to his office where there was a notable slam of his door.

Alyssa's eyes widened at the sight of his gaze smoldering into . . . red? Was that even possible? She wasn't sure whether she should be afraid? Whatever was wrong with him, her pride bristled at backing down. It was like he wasn't hearing what she said at all! He was utterly infuriating and yet he allowed her not a word in edge ways.

How dare he?! His advise was to take what was thrown at her because she was the bottom of the barrel? She had fought for everything she had ever wanted. She wasn't about to let some uppity snob scare her into submission. She glared at him as he walked away.

The rest of the day she could think of nothing but the confrontation with Professor Locke. When she got home, the whole incident spewed out of her to her best friend.

"He talked to me like he was some sort of King commanding me! Like I was some whore! Get used to what's thrown at you or roll with the punches. Some shit like that." She ranted, pacing in front of her friend who was getting glammed up for work

"Well, in his defense," Nina interjected. "You are the daughter of a wh-"

Alyssa glowered at her friend, stopping Nina mid-sentence, who then proceed to smile and shrug.

"Well, he doesn't know that does he?!" Alyssa continued to rant. "And that hardly makes me one! That puta! I wanna just-just- . . . Argh!"

"You wanna know what I think?" Nina replied, looking at her friend through the reflection in the mirror. "I think y'all should just-"

"Don't." Alyssa warned Nina who just laughed. "Finish. That. Sentence. You know you're supposed to be my friend?!"

"I AM your friend. That's why I'm telling you, look, he already said he'd fail your ass. Is it worth the confrontation with this guy to lose everything you've worked for? I mean it's just one class. Man up and just get through it. You know what?" Nina had a spark. A feline smile broke out across her face. "I'm coming with you to your next class."

"Oh no you're not."

"Oh, yes I am mama." Nina beamed. "I'll help you get through it without clawing his eyes out."

No matter how much Alyssa protested, she found herself sat next to an incredibly raunchy looking Nina in her next Advanced Mathematics class.

"Hold on. Hold on." Nina said as she sat down next to Alyssa at the back, pulling out a pair of glasses. Sliding them onto her face. "I wanna look like I fit it. Smart and sexy." She applauded herself.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, sinking further into her seat. She just wanted this class to be over. She had not seen or spoken to Professor Locke since they're last confrontation a week again and she was hoping to avoid all contact with him in the future.

"Girl is that him?!" Nina moved forward in her seat. "I know you hate but damn girl! That man's fine. Hey, he's rich too right? Maybe you can put in a good word for me."

Alyssa's frown deepened.

"What?! I'm only kidding! You lost your sense of humour too?"

Donder didn't notice the new....Addition to his class, as people would bring friends or whatever with them every now and then to his class and as long as she wasn't rowdy, he didn't mind her being there. He stood, back to the class, one hand in his pocket as he wrote their warm up equations, having quite good penmanship compared to other professors and wrote large enough for the back row to read.

Alyssa wasn't the only one who brought a companion, one of the boys in the middle of the lecture hall brought another one of his friends who insisted to put his feet over the seats in front of him. The boy from head to toe looked snobbish, snickering every now and then causing Donder to pause in his writing for a moment and then continue on.

"You call this advanced mathematics? I had worse in elementary school." Donder just about had it, the chalk in his hand breaking as he whipped around and stared right at the other man.

"Is that so? Here." He said writing down an equation that was taught at the beginning of the semester, a massive feat at that as he turned around and pointed the chalk to the newcomer as if he was handing it over. "Solve it. Come on, don't be shy." He said ushering him over, the entire rest of the class staring in pity for the boy was going to be humiliated in front of the stone cold professor.

The boy stared up at it for a few long moments before slowly setting the chalk down as Donder crossed his arms, "one of the few 'nice things' I do is allow non-students into my lecture halls." He said his eyes darting between the two boys and then briefly at Nina and Alyssa, catching the newcomer's scent when she walked through the door. "Don't make me have to take away that privilege." He said and swiftly solved the equation as if it was child's play, the boy blushing red as he took his seat once more, not speaking a word throughout the entire class.

Class was eventful as per usual. At least this time is wasn't her. Nina shook her head at the guy being singled out by Locke as if she belonged here. As for Alyssa she felt sorry for the loud mouthed individual below. She knew exactly what it felt like too be singled out by Professor Locke and it was no fun. At best, her humiliation had been less public unlike this idiots.

"Hey, I'll be back soon." Nina whispered before disappearing through the back door.

"Where are you going?" Alyssa whispered back but the only response to her question was the door shutting.

Alyssa sighed. She wondered why Nina had even bothered coming to class. The woman had barely made it through high school. Alyssa tried to concentrate for the rest of her class but found herself focusing on Professor Locke and his interchangeable personality and physicality. She was not sure if she had imagined those sharp teeth, those glowing eyes, that growing presence. Maybe it was her subconscious building him up in her eyes to the monster she thought he was. She had practically sulked since her last encounter with him. It was hard enough to fit into a place like this when she was from a place that she was from. Maybe she had been more prickly here. All these entitled brats around her came to classes and then did what they liked with mommy and/or daddy's money and she condemnation in their eyes when they came to the restaurant and saw her working.

The seats jerked as Nina plopped down next to her suddenly breaking Alyssa out of her river of thought. Class was almost over.

"What's that?" Alyssa questioned the white square box in Nina's hand. "And where did you go?"

"It's a peace pie." The stripper replied proudly, ignoring the second question.

"A peace pie?" Alyssa replied slightly confused.

"Yeah." Nina whispered back. "We both know your stubborn ass is gonna get you kicked out of this class and then you know what happens? You don't become a plastic surgeon. I don't get my nice new ass and tits, free when we move to Beverly Hills where you can practice which means I won't meet Drake and have him fall in love with me. So peace pie." She offered it to Alyssa who frowned.

"First of all, nice fantasy." Alyssa whispered. "Secondly never going to happen. Thirdly-"

"Look." Nina interrupted. "All you need to do is offer pie, say you're sorry and get through this damn class."

Alyssa bristled at the notion of apologizing. She saw no reason to and that's just what she was about to tell her friend but Nina got there first.

"Listen Ally," Nina sighed looking fed up like she was talking to a five year old who just didn't get it. "From what you told me, the man is completely right and I know you will keep dragging this dead horse even when you know you are wrong just because of that pride of yours. So now you're going to listen to me. Take this pie, say sorry and how you'll be a good girl from now on and then I'm not working tonight so we are going out so you can get over this Professor Locke obsession."

"I'm not obsessed." Alyssa stated with a pout. She knew her friend was right but this was going to be painful. It was like she was opening herself up for attack and it almost felt like she was dying on the inside. "And I don't need to get over him." She added looking down at the man as if he were one of the math equations on the board. He was just as complex and difficult to solve.

"No you don't." Nina grinned. "You need to get under him." Nina winked and laughed. "Oh Professor Locke!" She acted in a whisper.

"I sound nothing like that!"

"Lock me to your desk and ravish me!" Nina sniggered prompting a smile from Alyssa as she shook her head. "He looks like the type too." Nina added. "Bet he's got a pair of handcuffs in his desk draw. Maybe he'll even mark your face with that red pen he marks his papers with. B-"

"Hey! Why would I be a B-?!"

"Because you don't do any of that butt stuff." Nina replied and both women giggled at the back of the class.

"That's not true." Alyssa replied as the giggles subsided but the smiles were still in place.

"I knew you were a freak!" Nina grinned when people began to pack up and start to leave.

Shit. Alyssa thought as Nina handed her the box and told her she would wait outside following the other students acting as if she was one of them. Alyssa opened the box to see there was no pie but a cake covered in red frosting with golden sprinkles. It reminded her of his eyes that day. Slowly Alyssa made her way down the stairs. Each step felt as if she was walking towards the very Devil himself.

"Professor." She finally managed to say as she straightened her back. How did one even go about apologizing? "I just . . . wanted to say . . . I'm . . . sorry." Her face was almost the picture of if she had eaten something rotten. But it got easier after that. "You were . . . right. I hope we can move past this . . . So I bought peace cake." She managed a smile as she opened the lid of the box. "You can't say no to frost!" She smiled running her finger through the frosting and offering it to him. "Unless you have diabetes of course. You don't . . . do you?"

Last edited:
Donder tuned most of the talking out, however usually students were just gathering notes or swearing under their breaths from how complex the class was, to which he didn't care, that was the entire point of this class after all. He did however turn his head glancing at the door when Nina left, shrugging as he thought he just bored her out of patience and continued with his work until she came back.

Taking a small break, he went to the desk and took a swig of water, as such his hearing picked up the more...Colorful words from the newcomer, causing him to choke on his drink. Alyssa, being too far in the back couldn't catch a glimpse but the first three rows noted the professor's reddened face before he said a bit ruffled, "quiet in the back." Before turning back to the bored, running a hand through his thick dark hair and continued until class was over.

Cleaning off the board, his back was to her until she called for his attention. There was a low breath from the man as he set the eraser down and slowly turned to her, cocking a brow. "What round are we on now, Miss Sanchez? I think its three?" He said dully to her not wanting to put up much of a fight and paused looking at the box in her hands. "....That better not be a box of spiders." He sneered at it, the massive man taking a step back just slightly over what could be a few little bugs.

However when she seemed to swallow her pride, and the word 'cake' hit his ears, he perked up a bit and stepped forward looking at it thoughtfully, enjoying sweets and just overall food really. "Oh...Cool."

Cool.

Anyone who didn't know him outside of work would have fallen over from his casualty of words.

Nodding as he took the cake and took a finger tasting the frosting he nodded, liking the taste of buttercream as he set it down to finish cleaning up the massive blackboard, chuckling at her question. "No. I don't have diabetes." He assured her, though knowing his eating habits, any true human would not look like he did from the way he ate.

"Thank you, at least neither of us has to go home ready to maim someone." He said looking over at her raising a brow, their little arguments had taken a bit of a toll on him, as he couldn't drink in the school week, or at least he shouldn't have.

Expecting a frosty response and receiving none, well, almost none, Alyssa found the tension in her wired muscles easing a little. She was still wary of him. But hell, his almost normalness even prompted a smile from her.

"Heh, I wouldn't be worried about spiders." She laughed a little. It was incredibly unbelievable someone as big and grumpy like him would be afraid of tiny little spiders. "I'd be more worried about whether it was poisoned or not." She joked, her eyes widening as she realised how that sounded. "Not! That I would poison you-that I have-" She stopped, sighing on a small smile. "What I mean is," She tried to clarify. "The cake is fine. However, it's good to know that if I wanted to frighten you, I just need to pick up some Tranchulas."

This recent habit of putting her foot in her mouth was getting ridiculous. She decided right then that she'd stop all further contact with this man because it only ended up with her looking completely stupid. But first, she had to make sure she was going to stay on his good side and for that, the cake was doing wonders so far.

She watched him take the cake and taste the frosting. The cake did look good and she wondered where in the hell Nina picked it up from. She was going to suggest to her friend they pick some up before their night out. Alcohol was always better on a full stomach after all, it'd be practically stupid for her to drink without eating something before hand. Something like red frosted cake perhaps?

When he even proceeded to laugh a little, Alyssa found herself taken a back again. It was so . . . alien. She didn't even think the man was capable of the emotion. But laughter was a good sign for her case.

"You're welcome." She clasped her hands in front of her. "I'm glad I saved some poor soul from being maimed by you. That has to count for something right?" She laughed. "Not everyone is a tough as me and could survive I think and then come back for some more."

He turned to her, his brows raised when she mentioned poison, slowly cocking one after that as if to silently remind her that a filter should be in place between her brain and mouth. He slowly set the cake down and crossed his arms slightly amused as she stuttered at him and nodded before shooting her an icy glare at her for the mentioning of tarantulas.

"Tell me how you really feel." He said sarcastically, as he turned and paused looking back at her, "I wasn't serious." He added at the end, not thinking she would understand his dry, sarcastic humor ever.

Packing up his things he nodded thoughtfully, still paying attention as he pulled his laptop case over his shoulder, carrying the briefcase in one hand with the cake in the other and shrugged once more. "You're not the first, you won't be the last. Except for the cake thing, that's a first." He said and walked her to the door, opening it with his elbow and holding it open with his food.

"Have a good day." He said politely letting her out as he made his way behind her out to the faculty parking lot. Setting his briefcase down he popped the trunk of a stupidly expensive and luxury sports car, setting everything down in it.

That could have been worse.... The man thought he was now done with that....Well he had many names for her, but he had a feeling the minute she received a bad grade, the hurricane would come and tear up his 'mojo' as he called it.

That could have been worse . . . Was exactly what Alyssa thought breathing a sigh of relief as escape was granted to her. That could have gone so much worse. Now she just had to get through it for the year and then she'd never have to see him ever again.

"Sooooo!" Nina grinned, the glasses being replaced by sunglasses. "Worked like a charm didn't it?"

Alyssa made a bowing gesture linking arms with her friend. "I knew I kept you around for a reason."

"Yeah great advise and to help you pick up hotties, like tonight!" Nina replied as they strolled back to their apartment.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it. I knew your ass was too stubborn. Man, I should have been a fireman, I'm putting fires out everywhere! Now let's go get smoking for tonight!"

A couple of hours later Alyssa found herself at the bar in a club that was packed and so dark she could barely see in front of her except for the flashing lights. The music was so loud she could feel her bones shaking. Her outfit at first had felt too flimsy and she'd froze her butt off on the way to the club but now the barely there skirt and the top that was nothing but a shimmering piece of material that just about covered her chest and was kept in place by nothing more that a sting tied around the neck and her back felt like too much. The club was a crush and it was boiling. Nina had disappeared with some random guy which was nothing out of the ordinary. Dying of thirst but the bar was too packed and the bartenders too stretched to get to everyone fast enough.

"Hey! Can I get-" The bartender had moved away before she could even finish her sentence. Great. She was going to pass out from dehydration.

"Hard to get anyone's attention in this shit-hole, isn't it?" Purred a familiar voice as the snake of a man wound himself through the crowd and behind her, his arm draped on her shoulders. To anyone else it would look like a normal pick up, but for Alyssa, the possessiveness was almost bone crushing as he kept her there unmoving. "Miss me, sweetheart?" Niles whispered in her ear, licking her lobe before placing a light, teasing nip.

"I bet you didn't expect to see me here...Now did you?" He asked in a purr but his voice was threatening, his hand griping her shoulder, giving her a little tug away from the bar. Twirling her around so she smacked against his chest, he held her hands with a snake-like grin across his face. "Come back to my room, I'll get you something and dear I promise...I won't be ignoring you...."

Silky sweet voice with poison laced underneath, the man had missed her, though he had other business to attend to in the city. His nose wrinkled however at her scent, she smelled like dog proving his allegations correctly, there was a pack protecting New Haven.

Petrified fear shot through her blood. The voice as sickening as it was sweet was too real to be her imagination and if the voice wasn't enough to convince her then the vice like grip around her shoulders certainly was. Of all the ghosts of boyfriends past, this one right here was the worst.

Alyssa gaze up at the tall slender, deceivingly charming and handsome face. She couldn't help but gulp. "No thank you." She replied coolly trying to extract herself from him grip to only find herself crushed against him. He was right. She had never in a million years expected to see him here.

"Let me go Nile." She said more firmly than she felt. There was nothing more in this moment than a will to survive. She needed to get away from him. Something about him sent chills up her spine. Maybe it was that paper thin smile or those strangely cool eyes. As she gazed up at his impeccable countenance, there was no doubt he was handsome but for the life of her she could not see why she had ever found him attractive. What had opened her eyes to his true nature was quickness to become possessive of her and as soon as she could, she had fled from that relationship. She had honestly never expected to see Nile ever again.

The fear was rising up in her throat and the panic ready to explode in her chest. For once she managed to calm herself down enough to think clearly. He was too strong, she already knew this.

"W-why don't we go outside, where we can talk better?" She suggested imagining it'd be quicker to jump in a cab once outside or have the bouncer take care of Nile and keep him away from her. "It's been a while, I'd love to catch up." She lied.

Back
Top Bottom