Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

“Don’t call her that.” He said lowly his eyes narrowing at her, “blame me for her change in personality but keep her out of it.” Though he and his lover weren’t on the best of terms he still wasn’t going to take any shit.

“The baby’s fine. As for Alyssa we had a fight yesterday. Now. If you’re going to be a child because your friend won’t party with you I don’t want to hear it.” Donder huffed turning to walk away still having no idea what to do with himself.

"I've known her far longer than you Professor." Nina informed him in her naturally feminine and sweet voice. "I'm not your baby mama that you can speak to me that way. Ya got it? And I do blame you so don't worry about. Alyssa broke the girl code. Since I've been her best friend since we were five years old that give me the right to be mad at her and that has nothing to do with you."

Nina was no Alyssa. Though they were friends, Nina was not just all talk like Alyssa. When push came to shove she was ready to wrap her weave up and get down and dirty. There wasn't no man or woman who'd disrespect her and get away with it. It was the New York in her. It was the hood in her.

"I'm not being a child." She called after him. "I'm telling you point blank my issue. That's hardly childish and if you had a fight with Alyssa then we're in the same boat sweetie and the bar is that way she point behind her." Knowing by her profession when a man needed a drink to loosen up and release some tension. Plus, it'd hardly be sensible to let him drink alone.

"...I really shouldn't drink..." He muttered knowing better before he said 'fuck it' and turned walking into the bar with her. As they started drinking, they of coarse would start to open up as he slammed his shot glass down after taking a quick swig.

"Alyssa insulted my daughter in front of me. I mean...I get Pierce can stand up for herself but I don't want my girlfriend to bad mouth my other kid in front of me. I mean she thinks my daughter is an anti-social hermit and she's not. She's just a little rough around the edges, but Alyssa thinks she just can't function and Alyssa's only talked to her like twice."

He growled finally having someone he could talk to that could perhaps understand his problem. "I mean is she always that judgmental?"

Nina laughed loud and brash. Pulling her pink fur lined jacket close as she joined him in drinking. Sure she was tired after a long night of working but she was always up for blowing off steam and with the subject of Alyssa . . . Well suffice to say, Alyssa wasn't her favourite person in the world right now either. Slamming her own small shot glass down, crossing her see threw high heels at the ankle on the high stool, Nina answer him. "Hell yeah!"

"She's so damn uppity." Nina added on another laugh, gesturing the bartender to keep them coming. "She could be white. Actually, I think she might actually be half white. Anyway! I hear what you sayin. That's totally Alyssa. I mean, do you know she always sticks her nose up at what I do for a living but did you know." Nina poked Donder in the chest lightly with her matching long bright pink nails. "Where do you think she got money to pay for rent or tuition when she didn't have a job or that scumbag didn't pay her or when she decided to party and get drunk and spend her rent money huh? From me and my dancing money! Was good enough for her then wasn't it?! Your girlfriend is a damned hypocrite! Man if I was her, I'd be doing everything to get on the good side of your daughter." Nina snorted.

"And now she spends your money and tells you what to do! Un-fucking-believable! Hell if I were you I'd put her in her place. She doesn't know how good she'd got it. But chu know she's just like her mom like that man. Always, around those mens with monies. Think she'd look at you twice if you weren't loaded? Psssh. Think again ma friend." Nina grinned spitting the truth.

Donder rolled his eyes, never liking it when people chalked up bad behavior up to race but he just sat there and dealt with it. No use arguing with a drunk while you yourself was drunk. "I mean she could at least try. Pierce is fine with people when they at least make an effort but Alyssa well...I mean shes sort of like me where she just waits for someone to come to her...Not the other way around...." He muttered a bit guiltily and looked to the side.

However Nina's last words caused his body to run cold as he gripped his glass, his brow furrowing. "Wait..."

Donder turned to her frowning, looking like he had just heard the worst news ever. "...You're saying...She's only really with me because...Of my money?" He asked starting to piece things together knowing he'd buy her whatever she required and he had been taking control of all finances since she basically never showed up at her job anymore as well as promising her he'd pay for all of her schooling when she felt up to it again. "Did...Did she say something?"

"No." Nina snorted nursing her glass. "Why would she have to say it? Listen, if you grew up your whole life in poverty and I doubt you can imagine the kind of poverty I'm talking about. Needles in your house. Trash on the kitchen counter, waiting for your mom to come home, which could be hours, days, who knows how long. Starving. Gang bangers pissing outside your door in the hall way all that shit and then what do you see on the tv, you see a life you can have away from all that shit and then someone offers it to you. Things you can't even dream about, you telling me you gonna say no and stand and wait around for love?!" Nina started laughing again. "Shit, love don't pay the bills or buy you expensive jewellery and hand bags and you sleeping in some nice silk sheets. Please. It's a compliment. You can provide for her. I get that bit. Hell, I'd do the same thing in her position."

As far as Nina was concerned that was one thing Alyssa did right. Found herself a man who'd pay for her lifestyle. That wasn't her complaint with her best friend. No, it was the fact that she'd ditched her. Hell if the positions had been switched, she'd be setting Alyssa up with one of his rich friends. Because that was the girl code, which Alyssa had totally betrayed!

"But I....She....She said she loved me..." He said his deep voice starting to go quiet as the grip on his glass loosened, Donder staring into the brain poisoning elixir in it. "I mean I know I'm no prince charming but..."

At this point Donder seemed broken, regretting his decision to walk into the bar, hell from believing the woman next to him he started to regret ever being in his office at the time she wanted a make up. The massive man felt his heart crack and start to sink, unsure what to think anymore with her, that their unwillingness to change for each other was her using him for his money and for something deep within him knowing she was up to something.

"Awwww I'm sure she does love." Nina soothed him with a hiccup and then a small giggle, stroking his arm. "Nooooooooo, you're definitely no Prince Charming." Her hand coming up to stroke his beard. "But that's okay. Do you really need love when you have a hot young girlfriend? Anyway! Like Tina Turner said, what's love got to do, got to do, got to do with it?!" Nina started singing and the few patrons there in the bar this early in the morning cheered her on.

Clearly in the merry way themselves. "Love's a fools game. No one can really love anybody the way you see in movies or read in books." She told him her honest opinion on the matter. "Don't act like you don't use her in the same way. She's young, beautiful, sexy huh? Bet she's close to the best bang you've ever had. So why are you looking so sad?" She stroked his beard again.

"I mean yeah...That's what first attracted me to her but...I mean I started to love her for her and all that crap." He muttered rolling his eyes feeling like a school boy. However he rose a brow when she stroked his beard lightly but he didn't pull away.

"I mean....I guess...Yeah she's a good fuck but to me I guess its not about the sex anymore..." He murmured looking to the side still allowing her to pet him.

Curtis was walking to work, glancing in the bar's window hearing a bit of commotion this early in the morning as he slowly stepped over and squinted, seeing his alpha with...Well...Someone not Alyssa.

"Well the sex can't be that good then." A drunk Nina grinned up at her best friend's boyfriend before pressing her lips to Donder's. Moving off her seat to press herself against the big man.

She was not thinking at all. She was beyond tipsy and simply pissed at her best friend. Revenge wasn't even on her mind, it was simply in the moment. People did all sorts of crazy things in the moment. "Hmmm." She murmured her approval against his lips as her finger nails scrapped luxuriantly over his scalp.

"If that's how you kiss, I can't wait to see how you preform . . ." She giggled, not finishing her train of thought, pressing her lips back against his, her hand sliding dangerously close to the fastening of his jeans.

Donder grinned wolfishly at her as he pulled her close to him until she slid into his lap as he kissed her hotly. Curtis felt a chill run up his spine as he swung open the door and stormed in. As the two drunks made quite a seen making out, soon their train of thought would be broken by a quick talking, pissed off Scottish accent.

"Ya fuckn' dick what do ya think you're doin'? Pardon me ma'am I'm sorry I've got to do this." He said pulling Nina off of Donder not wanting to hurt her as he grabbed the alpha by the shirt and tugged him over. Curtis was a smaller man that Donder but not by much, however it was still hilarious to watch the rambling Scot verbally tear into his German friend.

"Ya got a girlfriend and a baby may I remind you!" Curtis smacked Donder across the face as the other wolf growled and rubbed his cheek looking at the floor ashamed as Curtis turned to Nina, "and you ma'am. This one's taken and now he's goin'." Grabbing Donder by the ear he tugged him out and tossed him outside, Donder tumbling to the sidewalk. "I'll call a cab and hope they don't toe your car. After my shift I'll drive it back to ya." He growled fumbling around in Donder's jacket for the car keys before dialing a taxi service. "Thanks to you I'm late for work."

"I'm no ma'am!" Who was more insulted by being called ma'am than being interrupted as she was pulled off of Donder's lap. "Do I look old enough to be a ma'am?!" She questioned the foreign stranger infuriatingly in her inebriated form.

And there, he called her ma'am again and she was livid. "I am not a ma'am!" She shouted after the pair, wiping her short pink hair out of her face then stormed out with her drink still in her hand. Her make out buddy was long gone but the stranger was still there. "Who do you think you are?!" She slurred before throwing the remainder of her drink onto his shirt. "Don't you ever call me ma'am again!"

Nina huffed then stalked off in the opposite direction, her massive hooker heels clacking against the concrete and it was amazing how she could still walk in them even this drunk. Now all that was on her mind was getting to bed.

Curtis grumbled as he was now soaked in alcohol knowing he really couldn't explain this when he got there obviously in his work clothes. "It was just a formality...Miss." He huffed not understanding why women always got offended by that as he grumbled and left to work, Donder getting dropped off the taxi driver making him walk the long path to his house as he came back in, not totally drunk but there was a bit of a glaze over his eyes.

He looked horrible, though luckily he was able to get Nina's lipstick off his face when he did walk in, sitting on the couch with his head in his hands letting out a low huff. He felt disgusting, but he wouldn't tell Alyssa about it, hopefully ever... as he just wanted to crawl into a hole and die from his misdeeds but he still frowned at the thought of his finances as he slowly took out his phone and put security measures to see if perhaps that really was why she was still with him.

Alyssa had time to think while Donder was gone. She always did her best thinking when he stalked off to get away from her. She decided that after everything Donder had done for her and how he looked after her, she had in fact been stupid and selfish. She had just been a frightened fool. She didn't want Pierce to not like her so it had been easier to keep his daughter at a distance but that would not work and she imagined if things had been the other way. If Donder had been with some other woman and that woman had treated Katrina the way she had acted towards Pierce.

Alyssa was rocking Katrina in her arms, who had just fallen asleep after being fed the third time since Donder had left when he walked back into the house. Alyssa saw his figure move into the living room. She followed in, quietly as a mouse putting their daughter down in the crib, her hand coming to stroke through Donder's hair as she sat down besides him. He smelt like smoke and alcohol and it didn't take a genius to figure out where he had been. She only hoped he hadn't driven in this state.

"Hey." She said gently, still stroking his hair and beard, smiling. "I thought you might not come back this time." She joked trying to lighten the mood before her features transformed into slightly more serious. "I'm sorry baby." Alyssa told him. "I was wrong and selfish and scared. You're right . . . I should and I will make more of an effort with Pierce. I promise." She told him, meaning every word. "I love you and she's a part of you so I'll love her too."

“I’m...sorry...” he mumbled knowing he was a sad sight to behold and he knew drinking wasn’t the answer and he couldn’t form a habit of it again.

Relaxing under her touch as he stared at a spot on the floor his brows furrowed a little. “I’m not asking for you to love her and I’m really not asking for you to mother her in anyway. Speaking of which please don’t.” He said glancing at her. “But to insult someone you don’t even know to their parent is just...that was really low.” He muttered before looking down again. “If it helps try talking to her when she’s a wolf. She won’t talk back that way.” He semi-joked, and for some people it was easier to just ramble to a being that couldn’t communicate back in a language.

“I’m sorry I went out and drank...” he mumbled and said nothing of Nina knowing Curtis probably would give him an ear full later. “Doc is going to bring my car back later today.”

Alyssa nodded to everything he said. It was better than trying to explain things further. It was simple really, she would try and make more of an effort with Pierce and his idea of talking to the girl when she was in wolf formed seemed slightly better. Though there was a danger of being bitten . . . but it might be worth the risk. Either way, she had to find some common ground with Pierce for Donder's sake. She did not want his other daughter to be a point of contention in her happiness.

"Yeah?" Alyssa laughed slightly. "I would have never noticed, even with that stench of bar on you. What kind of place is even open to selling alcohol this early?" She grinned as she kissed his cheek. "Silly wolf." She teased. "I'm glad to hear you didn't drive. Now that would have been stupid. Go, have a shower and get some sleep." She told him. "I think I'll be okay on mommy duty alone. I did okay for the past couple of hours." She said proudly.

"She doesn't talk to you because she knows you don't care for her presence. Now she could also make an effort but I will agree, when someone seems to not like you its best not to waste any energy on them." He muttered running a hand through his hair. "Anyway...You don't need to fix it for the time being. Do whatever you want at this point." He muttered defeated.

Nodding as she proudly declared she could do mommy duty for the rest of the day he got up and took a shower before resting in bed for the majority of the day, helping her around after knowing she probably had post pregnancy pains.

Doc came by after a while, and he didn't look at all happy though he would smile and ask Alyssa how she was doing and he would be playful yet gentle to baby Katrina but the minute his attention was turned to Donder, his expression would grow irritated and cold as he slapped Donder's keys into the alpha's hand and left, clearly irritated by the start of his day.

Alyssa was ready to snap at Donder. She had already told him she would try but he couldn't stop beating a dead horse over and over. Fortunately for him Curtis arrived and deflected the attention but it was clear that he was not in a particularly good mood with Donder either.

Alyssa spoke to him shortly and he checked in on the baby. She watched the two were's interact. "What was that all about?" She asked Donder after Curtis left. Curtis seemed pissed which was very unlike the Were she had got to know. He was patient and kind. That meant Donder had done something to really annoy him.

"He was on his way to work and had to deal with my drunken ass." He mumbled as that would piss anyone off, "Curtis also doesn't like being late..." He mumbled as Curtis left into the woods where once he was deep enough shape shifted and ran all the way home.

The older wolf shuffled to the couch and laid down with a wince not feeling well after his morning of drinking, luckily he was kicking himself in the ass for it as he stared at the ceiling sick to his stomach, it seemed karma was doing the work for Alyssa and Curtis.

That night he took care of Katrina letting Alyssa sleep for another night at least all the way through, not that he minded spending time with her, it didn't take him long to quiet her down when she was being rowdy.

Alyssa had simply raised a brow at Donder’s response. She was certain there was more to the story than he was letting on. However, she did not push it, imagining whatever was going on between him and Curtis was no doubt pack business and ergo none of her business.

Weeks passed by rather blissfully with the new born infant and surprisingly Donder and Alyssa fought about very little. It could have been the exhaustion. There was little energy left to argue about things when they were up around the clock to take care of the little girl that bought them both so much joy.

However, Alyssa had decided tonight was the night. It had been seven weeks since Katrina was born and she was finally feeling like her body was back to normal. She had healed from the birth beside a few unsightly stetch marks on her hips that she could do nothing about.

But tonight was the night as she waited for Donder who was due home any minute at the door in a new set of hot red lingerie, stockings and a pair of ridiculous high heels. The baby was fast asleep and nothing was going to stop her from showing her man how much she appreciated all he’d done in these past few weeks.

Donder came back from a pack meeting, the last few weeks he was in a bit of a depressive state after what happened with Nina, but especially from her words. He kept monitoring Alyssa's activity on his bank account as Nina's words continued to haunt him, but he knew if he were to approach her she'd readily deny it or go to Nina who...Donder believed didn't have much of a filter.

Coming home from a pack meeting, he looked a bit tired and stressed since he had no job and the elders were cracking down on 'the little monster' he brought into this world.

Opening the front door, hanging his coat up he paused catching her scent as he turned and rose a brow looking her up and down. "...Hey..." He mused lightly to her though if he was going to be honest he didn't much care for the stockings and heels however he wasn't going to complain to her as he walked over. "What's this about?"

“Hey What’s this about wasn’t exactly the response I was expecting.” Alyssa grinned. She’d made an effort tonight just for him and she wasn’t about to let him ruin it.

Take Donder by the collar of his shirt, Alyssa dragged him into the living room and pushed him back onto the couch. While she stood before him, one high heeled foot pressed against his solid chest. “Take it off.” She demanded referring to her crimson stocking. “Using only your teeth.” Alyssa grinned seductively.

She’d missed the intimacy they shared and she was certain Donder missed it to because he’d been a bit miserable these past few weeks much unlike himself and truth be told . . . She missed him. Though he was here all the time now somehow he was far more distant. Alyssa intended to fix that tonight.

“Sorry sweetheart didn’t mean to make you feel unwanted.” He chuckled dryly as she tugged him by his shirt.

The old wolf let out a low grunt as she pressed a heel to his chest.

“That doesn’t seem fair.” He mused as his fangs curved and lengthened allowing his wolf to use its advantage. “But then again we’re talking about you.” He teased lightly leaning up and gripped the stocking before tugging it off her smooth leg.

“Well you have.” Alyssa told Donder as she pushed him back in his seat and straddled him on the couch once he was done with his task. It was like she could still feel his smooth fangs running along her skin.

“Clearly you haven’t missed it as much as I have.” She pouted, pulling his hair back with a hand. “Now we have at the very four hours to ourselves and you Professor Locke are going to make good use of this time or I’ll have to punish you.”

She had missed his touch, his caresses and was in no mood to be denied. Undoing his shirt with her free hand, kissing his skin as more was exposed until she was licking his vein in his neck until it was throbbing and calling to her. Her fangs had descended as she looked up into his eyes but she had no intention of biting him.

Rolling his eyes, he did miss the intimacy however there was still something holding him back to ravish her however tonight he was playing to her hand. "You don't know that," he chuckled lightly letting her pull his hair back as he was pressed back into the couch cushions.

"Not to mention you won't be punishing anyone. Remember who your Daddy is." He growled lightly at her in warning as he leaned his head away allowing her access to his neck if she so wanted. He decided quite some time ago that he was...Semi-okay with the idea, as long as it was just her and not frequent.

Shifting so she could get rid of his shirt he purred lightly his hands on her hips as she licked at him.

Back
Top Bottom