Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

“Well the thing about Donder is, he’s full of surprises. You know he’ll spring things on you like say a pack meeting.”

Alyssa said feeling a little disgruntled. Turns out she needed more space than she first thought. But Doc actually seemed decent so far.

“I understand their curiosity.” Alyssa ventured. “What about you? You don’t share the same strong dislike as the rest of them towards my kind?”

"Well...Part of that has to do with his age and just...How he's gone through life." Curtis said frowning absently, "you see Alyssa...Donder sort of forgets...A large part of who he is is...Unnatural in a sense. And he doesn't make room or push things like that away and he can't if he tried. He tries to fit people into places instead of make space is what I'm trying to say...Honestly as far as the pack meeting goes I'd guess he didn't think you'd be staying at his house, and when he remembered it he just said 'pack meeting' to you."

Doc glanced over at her and smirked a bit, "but at the same time I think he wants you to accept what he is but...He doesn't really feel that you do. If you and the pack can't both make the effort to get along and you keep away from the pack like you're doing right now...Donder will have to choose you and possibly your unborn child with the pack, his family. He's known these people for years upon years, even decades. They're friends, parental figures, hell Donder even saved some of their lives and helped them get out of a trench they themselves couldn't pull themselves out of. They wont touch you, their alpha forbade it, you just sort of have to get up and swallow your fear, talk to them like you'd talk to people. Because in reality they're just people."

He was silent for a long moment as he chewed over her question, "I'm not a racist man, Alyssa. Hating vampires for being vampires which is something that can't be changed, even with magic is like hating someone because they're black, or come from a Latin heritage, or they worship a different religion than what's commonly known. To hate you for being a vampire rather than to hate you for something you did that I consider unforgivable is racist and utterly stupid."

Alyssa listened intently to Doc. Her was clearly a very rational man but the world wasn’t so black and white.

“I know Donder is a difficult man . . . He’s very uncompromising but he’s made a lot of compromises for me.” Hell! She was surprised they’d made it this far.

“Honestly, I will try but they could easily approach me.” She stated. “There’s more of them. They could make me feel more welcome.” She sighed. “I’ll make an effort.” Alyssa promised. For Donder she would.

“Plus, this little one could very well be one of them and I wouldn’t have a clue as to where to begin. Though I suppose with Donder he or she would be in good hands. So you don’t go out on the runs ever?”

"You are right. They could make the effort but they are cautious. The pups were the first step as you haven't kicked any yet." He chuckled and paused raising a brow seeing one pup had stuck around. The pup was male, having Alyssa's pant cuff in between his teeth as he tugged and shook on it like a dog playing with a rope, the little devil growling playfully as he jumped around her feet.

"You have caught the attention of at least one pair." He said nodding to the clearing, a large sandy brown wolf laying in the grass, her mate being the fluffier chocolate brown pelted with white dapples on his head and back sitting up staring at her intently. "Those two are high standing in the pack, you know. Not that it really matters but if they accept you the rest will follow. Most have already accepted you just do to Donder's announcement, and more so that..." He said leaning in and whispered, "Pierce accepted you as well, which is a big deal let me tell you." He said Pierce turning her head, her ears pinning down knowing they mentioned her in one way or another.

"Yet being the operative word." Alyssa joked looking down at the pup who had a hold of her trouser. She didn't even flinch. "I had a pet dog for many years so I'm kind of used to this," She pointed down to the pup. "sort of behaviour." Remembering her beloved Brutus when he was a little puppy and she had first got him. He had been her baby for so long.

Alyssa's gaze ventured to where Doc was mentioning the couple. She met their gazes as they looked back at her. "I will make an effort to talk to them when they're more human and we can hold an actual conversation." She promised Doc and then turning in the direction of Pierce as she was mentioned. "Well, that was a shock for all of us, trust me." She told Doc. "I thought she'd have been far less taken with the idea but I suppose it's easier for her to just accept the inevitable though I doubt we'll be fast friends but for her father's sake I'm sure we can be cordial plus she will be big sister to our child so better for her to accept that I am going to be sticking around."

"Well we aren't pets...And don't get into what you and Donder do behind closed doors." He grumbled his strong face flushing a bright red not wanting her to even joke about sex it seemed, shame the man had no one in his life as cute as he was. "Young were boys and girls grow up like regular kids, playful, sweet, pure, they're the same when in wolf form though it feels a bit natural I've heard. I myself was turned in my teens, so I don't know the younger mannerisms as much."

The pup continued to yank at her pant leg before it slipped from his fangs, making him fall flat onto the ground as he sniffed and whimpered lightly at her. "They'll turn back once Donder gets back, you'll just see people randomly vanish to go change in the clothes they brought." He chuckled lightly as the pup put his paws up on Alyssa's legs, sniffing at her baby bump in questioning.

"Anyway, Pierce knows she can't change what has been done and its not her business anyway. She finds it logical to accept you as it'd be more taxing to continuously hate and try to change something she can't. Her words exactly." He said and smirked when he heard a low growl from behind them, Pierce totally catching on that they were talking about her, Doc smirked able to hear what she was telling to him as he turned around. "Hey. That's not very nice Piercey." He said as she snorted and walked off.

Alyssa looked at Doc with a funny expression when he flushed. She didn't understand how they'd got on to this topic. "Err I didn't plan on it . . ." Weirdo. She thought getting a bit uncomfortable in his company now. "Right because you can be turned into a Were." She recalled suddenly back in the conversation. So he could kind of understand her predicament, though they were different species.

Alyssa gently pushed the pup off her as he climbed her leg slightly to sniff her. "What was it like? Being turned? I mean more after, when you found out what had happened to you? That your life was completely changed?" Finally there was someone who she could openly talk about her transformation with. Donder . . . Donder didn't understand. He was just guilt ridden when the subject was raised which didn't help her in anyway.

"Guess she's not a fan of being talked about." Alyssa said to Doc as Pierce's wolf trampled off. "Well, we all have to make the best of a not so great situation I suppose."

The pup whimpered and sneezed before slowly walking off as she ignored him, going back to his parents and the other pups to hopefully play with. Curtis shrugged, glancing out to the woods hearing Donder come back.

"...It was painful." He muttered showing her the terrible scaring on his neck and collarbone. "Unlike vampires who only bite with two, sometimes four fangs, wolves tear into you like a slab of steak. The wound gets infected with lycanthropy instead of venom that was injected into your blood stream. The disease forces you to turn and you become insane for a long while until your human mind steps in. Hopefully...Sometimes after the first turn, the wolf in question can't ever find peace and they stay insane and bloodthirsty. It usually happens with wolves that are turned but purebloods can do the same. Anyway...Donder's back." He said nodding to the wolves who came out from the woods, Donder holding up the back to make sure the other wolves didn't fall behind.

"...And it looks like he got you a present." He mused as Donder walked over to her, something huge on his back as he dumped it at her feet, a massive grizzly bear laying before her until Donder lightly dropped a field mouse on top of it from their earlier conversation.

Alyssa listened intently. "That sounds terrible." Her bite seemed like a walk in the park now. Though when Nile was draining her it felt pretty close to what Doc was describing. There was a certain sadness she was sensing around him now that she hadn't picked up on at first. "How long-" She was about to ask when the return of the pack was heralded.

Alyssa stood, relief flooding her at Donder's return. She immediately felt no longer alone. She took a few step forwards when he came and laid a massive bear corpse in front of her. Alyssa gaped at it with an open mouth. "What . . . the hell am I supposed to do with that?" She asked him when he laid a poor little dead field mouse on top of it and she couldn't help but laugh "You're an idiot." She grinned as she gave the dead animals a wide birth and came around to wrap her wolf in a big cuddle. Kissing his muzzle as she stroked his fur. Forgetting about all the eyes that were on her.

The wolf before her purred loudly, seeming proud of himself with his courting and found it humorous that she didn't know what to do with them. The field mouse of coarse he'd toss out later, but he knew a wolf that could at least give them a bearskinned rug.

"It's not about the material value, Alyssa. He simply wants to impress you by his strength." Curtis mused as he left those two alone, some of the wolves rolling their eyes in amusement with how pup like the alpha acted around his newly acquired mate.

Nuzzling into her and licking her face with his long tongue as he moved into her cuddling hold onto his massive form, his ears flicking up as the pups howled and charged for him in their own little makeshift pack and tackled him onto his side. Donder, though could easily withstand their assault, acted like they had just taken him down as he let out a low yelp and fell to his side, glancing up at Alyssa as he was torn apart by the little were pups, his tail however wagging at her.

"Well then," Alyssa cooed to Donder, petting and kissing his face lovingly. "I am thoroughly impressed." She grinned as he nuzzled and licked at her before he was attacked by the pack pups.

The Vampire watched in amusement as her Were played with the pups. How could he not want to be a father when he was so good with them? Alyssa thought to herself as she folded her arms across her chest with a small smile looked down at him raising a brow that said clearly that the next time the conversation of more children arose he would not be hearing the end of this moment right here that she had witnessed.

"Awww just think you'll have your own litter of pups to contend with." She cooed down at him, letting him know exactly how many times she intended to be carrying his pups.

Purring, his tail wagging harder as she said how impressed she was with his kill, her answer being exactly what his wold wanted to hear. He pawed and lightly snarled at the pups when they bit or tugged too hard on his ears and tail, some listening and giving him a lick on the nose in apology and others not caring and simply nipped at him further, even an alpha couldn't control them it seemed.

However as she cooed at him, his ears drooped at the thought of an entire litter of pups as Doc paused raising a brow at her, "Alyssa...That's like...four to six kids." He mused and paused looking at his alpha and translated for her, "...He says its easy with them because they're not his kids." He laughed, though there was no hardness in Donder's eyes, it seemed he was getting used to the idea by each day however his age difference still posed a problem for him.

"Well I was an only child and it was lonely." Alyssa grinned as she looked across at Doc. "Don't worry, not like I'm asking you to father them is it?" She joked and then laughed at what Doc translated. "Tough luck." She winked at Donder as she walked away slightly and moved to Doc. "So what happens now that all the patrolling done?"

The meeting had not been as taxing as she had imagined. She just wanted to cuddle with her wolf now and talk about everything she had learnt and witnessed. Doc had been a fountain of knowledge and Alyssa was sure she had plenty of more to learn. But as far as the pack was concerned . . . She felt her trepidation towards them die down quite a bit. It was clear they could co-exist just enough so Donder could have both of them in his life.

Doc opened his mouth to speak before he glared at Donder who must have cut him off, "you've lost this one. Stuff it." He said sternly, making the alpha whimper at his shaman who had enough of his sass. "Sorry," he quickly apologized to Alyssa before answering her question, "some of the pack members have left back to their cars over by the camping lot to go change into their day clothes. They're going to eat whats left of that food, by the way I'd like your recipe for your rib rub," he purred at the thought, loving the food she made, "and the meatballs." another wolf said coming out from the woods dressed normally. "The adolescents will train with Pierce, Donder, or another older member of the pack if you want to watch that. If not you can always you know. Talk to the pack." He mused, Pierce and a few other wolves including Donder were the only ones left in their wolf form.

"The sparring match might look a bit brutal but no one really gets hurt...Much...Bite marks here and there but its just a lesson. I can understand if it will make you uncomfortable, most of the other wolves treat it like a sports match, some even bet...Please don't bet." He said finding the act stupid and worthless, "the winner will be the older wolf almost always, don't waste your money. Mh anyway...That's about it, after a while Donder will wrap everything up and a few more wolves will stay in the clearing for night watch. Then it will all be over until a couple weeks from now."

"Ahh my recipes are my secrets unless I can by all the packs love with them." She joked with Doc and the new wolf who joined them. "Right got it . . . Don't waste my money. Except if you're telling me the winner is the older one nine out of ten times . . . It seems like a very lucrative deal." She smirked not serious really because she didn't have money to waste on silly things like betting.

"Sooo . . . Are you like a turned wolf to?" She asked the new guy thinking to making a start at being social with the Weres. After all she had to start somewhere. Plus, she always found it easier to talk to men than women. Not really interested in the drama and bitchiness that came with women. Watching from a distance as the matches began and appear rather brutal. Hoping Donder would not be fighting.

"Most of us are turned, not by Donder of coarse, he's never turned anyone." The wolf said, introducing himself as Calvin. "The pups are all born, since there's a chance of them being born as a were even if the parents are both turned." He informed her glancing over seeing the first round of the training fights go, Pierce yawning boredly as her opponent tried to pin her down until the other wolf was automatically thrown to the ground in one motion and pinned in a hold.

"There isn't much difference after a while you know, a lot of old wolves talk about pure bloods and all this bullshit but we're just the same after we get in tune with our wolf and accept it. Purebloods I've heard change smoother during full moons." He said stepping back from her a bit as Donder came to lay behind her allowing her to lounge at his side.

"...Sorry...Its not you." Calvin said not wanting to think he didn't like her but he knew very well that he would not get too close to the alpha's pregnant mate.

"It's fine." Alyssa replied eyeing Donder before turning her attention back to Calvin. The new young wolf who had been conversing with her before Donder interrupted. She stroked her mate as she questioned Calvin further. "But . . ." She paused wondering how to put her confusion. "Don't you miss it? I mean, your old life? As a human? Living in blissful ignorance?"

She couldn't think anyone actually wanting this life by choice. Not that she would change a thing now not with Donder by her side and them starting a family together. It was everything she had ever wanted. Albeit, a bit sooner than she had planned but still . . .

"I get it's a little personal. Ignore me." She said. "You don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

Donder yawned and pawed at his muzzle innocently as she pet him, the man could be such a brat.

Calvin shifted uncomfortably not wanting to talk much about it but did give her a short answer, “I think a lot of us miss the simplicity of full humanity, we get a lot of perks but there are consequences to it. But um...yeah I suppose I miss it sometimes...”

Donder as always took her question the wrong way, the wolf getting rushed against her, Calvin looking up at his alpha then to at her.

“...he’s wondering if you regret knowing about the supernatural world.” He said a snarl ripping from Donders lips as Calvin put his hands up. “Dude! We can hear each other’s thoughts if you don’t want me to hear put the mind guard up or something jeez.” He huffed as his alpha quieted down

Alyssa lifted Donder’s head looking him in the eye as she held his muzzle between her fingers as she grinned telling him to, “Be nice.” Before ruffling his fur once more.

Turning back to look at Calvin but she didn’t answer Donder’s question instead she said, “Yeah I think I missed that too, simplicity, the blissful ignorance.” She smiled as she cuddled her wolf. “Nothing simple about you.” She told him.

He grumbled at her and laid his head down, his ears pinned back as she continued talking to Calvin.

"Yeah...But I think in the end, I've got an entire family to look out for me, some of us had absolutely no one until Donder or someone else from the pack picked us up. I wouldn't give it up for the world," he said smiling crookedly at her, "we all look out for each other, I hope you stick around and are patient enough for us to put our stupid prejudice behind us for you and your kid." He said nodding to her. "...Anyway...I'm gonna go get some food, nice meeting you." He said waving bye to her as he left, Donder still grumpy as she leaned into him.

“What are you looking like that for?” Alyssa teased her wolf as Calvin left. She had started Tom distinguish between his looks even in wolf form.

Of course it was his sex face she knew best. Alyssa stroked the left of his massive form. Littering him with kisses and affection.

The pack gathering had not been terrible at all but now she just wanted Donder to herself. Turns out she wasn’t a fan of sharing him.

He was incredibly guilt ridden again and he knew it didn’t help either of them as he sat there stewing. Not only had he taken her youthful romance but her humanity for his selfish need.

After a while he got up sensing she wanted to be alone with him as he walked with her to the house letting her go through the front while he went to the back and shifted, putting his jeans on and closing the door.

"Well." She called from the kitchen as she picked at the left overs and helped herself to a little bit of this and that. "That was completely terrible!" She grinned as he came through back in human form, enjoying seeing him with is shirt off. More so since her hormones were up and down due to her new state of being with child.

"Two new friends isn't so shabby if I do say so myself." She offered him some cake, keeping the bigger slice for herself. "How was your patrolling Sheriff?" She teased. "Did they say anything about me?" Alyssa asked curiously.

Donder rolled his eyes as she exclaimed how terrible it was for her, the older man coming into lounge on the couch as she picked at what little leftovers the wolves didn't eat. Taking the cake, he didn't really eat it as he sat it down on the coffee table as he closed his eyes listening to her.

"Yeah that's pretty good. Calvin is new though, he's only been around for about ten months." He informed her not that it mattered, Calvin hadn't been around long enough, since he was a newly transformed werewolf he didn't understand the hatred and rivalry, usually those turned never got into politics such as those, they left it to the purebloods.

"So I guess you're never going to step outside of the house for the other meets huh?" He asked a bit dully, opening an eye at her and shrugged at her question, "they just asked about you on patrol." Most of the questions were 'why' but she didn't need to know the details.

"Well what exactly about me did they ask?" She prodded Donder, knowing any information was not going to be forthcoming otherwise. Of course she wanted to know what his people thought of her and yes, she wanted them to like her too but knew that would not be easy or that she would win them all over. Something told her, the wounds were far too deep and that some Were's would simply hate her no matter what just for the fact that she was a blood sucking vampire. Whether by choice or not, she doubted it mattered to them

Trailing into the lounge she stood behind the couch Donder had draped himself across. "Well?" Alyssa prodded him further. "I need to know, so I know what angle I'm working with them to get on their good side."

Back
Top Bottom