Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

“Alyssa it’s been done already. It was done when I didn’t even know if we were still together or not. At the end of the semester I’m packing up from Yale. If it makes you feel any better I said if they cannot fill the position by the time I leave I’ll stay and they readily agreed to that.” He sighed lightly nuzzling her neck.

“Not to mention I have four Ph.Ds and two masters degrees. I could have any job I wanted.” He snorted, though it showed he was stupid during parts of their relationship he was an incredibly smart man otherwise.

He closed his eyes to listen to her before they snapped open. Turning he pushed her back lightly taking her shoulders searching her face, his features tight and angry. “Are you serious.” He growled lightly, “do you want the child yes or no.” He snapped. “I am 42 years old Alyssa. Forget about my job situation. You’re young you deserve an Ivy League degree. And you can do that with a child and keep me. But if you don’t want it you need to tell me now instead of later. Do you want the child. Yes. Or. No.”

“Donder.” She frowned. “I only want it if you want it with me. It’s not a simple question of do I want it or not. I didn’t make it alone. But let me tell you this, I wouldn’t put a child through growing up without a father, especially one that didn’t want him or her. Because Donder, I grew up that way. I was the product of one of my mom’s John’s.” Revealing more than she ever had to him about her personal life.

“I wouldn’t put any child through that. Let alone my own. Better to put it out of its misery before it can know what that means or feels like.” She again looked away from him, this time because she was a little angry. For all her big talk the other day about doing it alone when it came down to it and thought about it when she was really calm. The answer was obvious.

“If you’re minds still not changed on the matter.” Sighing she reached for the bottle of wine. No reason not to drink if there was nothing to protect. “Then let’s just get rid and pretend like it never happened.”

Donde reached over and snatched the bottle from her as he capped it frowning, setting it to the side.

“Listen. It’s not going to be easy for me, I’m afraid of going back to my old ways but if you’re patient with me I’ll make it work. I just...don’t want to make the same mistakes with our child. If you work with me I’ll work with you. Personally I’d...rather you not get rid of it.” He said running a hand through his hair.

“But you’re going to get your degree. Luckily I can be a stay at home dad for a while.”

She frowned when he took the bottle but then tried her hardest to suppress her smile as his words gave her more hope than he ever had about anything.

She kissed him far too happily. “Donder, I’m not your ex, it will be different this time. YOU’RE a different person now. But I’ll help you. We’ll get through it.” She couldn’t help beaming and then remarked. “How very modern of you Professor Locke. Though I suppose I cannot seduce you into giving me good grades now.” Alyssa teased wrapping her arms and legs around him in the water. Brushing his wet hair back. “You’ll do good this time.” She assured him gently with a look that said she believed in him.

"Actually sweetheart I told you that I have the rest of the semester. And I talked to your other professors and promised them that you would be back next week due to some 'family' issues, and they will only take off twenty five percent of your graded assignments you missed. So you still will be seeing me in class, and as usual no you will not get extra credit for screwing your professor. Or carrying his child." He purred rubbing her stomach lightly, still trying to get used to the idea he was having another kid.

Leaning over he nipped her ear, "and piss Daddy off too much and he'll make the remainder of the semester hell for you." He warned, tired of being so stressed out with her as he leaned into her touch again. "So like it or not you're going back next week."

“Don’t tempt me daddy.” Alyssa teased rubbing her nails down his back.

She supposed she should be grateful that she had a man who worried about the education so much.
Alyssa simply figured school would always be there bye then she wasn’t back at school yeah.

“I suppose I should thank Daddy.” Alyssa continued. “But how I wonder?”

Chuckling lightly as she scratched her nails down his tattooed back he nuzzled and kissed her neck.

Cocking a brow hearing the tone of her voice he pulled back amused. “Hm. You could treat him by hauling his ass to the bedroom so he can take a nap.” He purred lightly still sore from the forced shift, “you know before I have to shift again later tonight.”

Alyssa sighed dramatically. “Oh fine! Come on then old man.” She teased, getting up and wrapping a towel around herself.

After stepping out she hooked her arm under Donder’s and pulled him up and walked him to the bed and pushed him on. Grabbing another towel she slowly and thoroughly began to dry him before tucking him in. “See. I’m a natural. Alyssa joked.

“Can I at least have my boxers?” He grimaced flushing a bit not enjoying the fact of sleeping camando. He felt that he had a bit more dignity and class for that.

Shifting a bit until he was burritoed in the blankets he paused and scowled at her finally catching onto what she said. “...did you just compare me to a baby? Get out.” He huffed grumpily as he shifted onto his side his back to her as he glared over his shoulder to her. “You can sleep with kanto tonight.”

She grinned at him from her position on the bed as she towel dried her hair. Laughing when he commanded that she slept with Kanto.

“Poor Kanto. Do you have a death wish for him?” She questioned, crawling over to him to spoon her big baby. “You’ll tear him to pieces when you shift if I’m laying with him. Naughty wolf.” She said as she rubbed his arm and his sexy back. “I suppose I’ll just have to wait til you shift.” She teased. “The Wolf knows how to please me far better.” She tried to get a reaction from him.

“Oh I forgot about that. Yeah please don’t go near the dog.” He said as she reminded him how possessive he got when shifted.

Letting her spoon his massive form he closed his eyes needing rest before the moon would shine bright in the sky. Huffing he glared over at her once more, “well considering the wolf is me, I’ll take that as a complement.” He snorted deflecting the reaction she wanted.

“So grumpy.” She grinned. “And a spoilsport!” She laughed lightly. Turning him in her grasp gently so he was facing her and then rested his head on her chest.

Stroking his beard and his arm and any part of him her hand could reach. “Thank you.” She said lowly, giving him a gentle kiss to his sweet lips. “For caring about me, my education so much. I’ve . . . Never had a man like you in my life.”

Bring his large palm to her stomach where she rested it. “We’ll do a good job.” She assured him. “He’s half perfect.” She grinned down at Donder. “The half That’s me anyway.” She teased.

“I’m sure you could still do better.” He mumbled nuzzling against her breasts as he closed his eyes. His hand was still hesitant as its owner as it lightly rubbed the bump on her stomach thoughtfully.

“Or she,” He reminded her casually and then snorted at her, “looks like they won’t learn modesty from you my dear.”

After his nap he went outside for the remainder of the full moon, locking himself up in the cellar and returning grumpy and tired the next morning, his hair a complete mess.

Alyssa was in the kitchen when Donder returned early the next morning. The blinds were down as her body clock hadn’t yet adjusted to Vampire.

The scent of bacon, eggs, toast and fresh brewed coffee filled the air. Now knowing her wolfs portion size she had a massive breakfast ready for him when he came in looking disheveled.

“Good morning baby.” She kissed him, sitting him down in the kitchen as she put the massive plate filled to the brim in front of him and poured him a coffee. “How was your night?” She asked stealing a strip of bacon from his plate, still in her nightie and robe.

He let out a gruff response, however he did nuzzle into her when she kissed him, kissing her back a bit but he looked ready to fall over again as he was up all last night pounding and scratching at the cellar walls wanting to get out.

Sitting down, he did indeed eat all that was on his plate, glaring at her as she took one measly strip of bacon but that was it. He was back to being her grumpy old wolf but after breakfast it seemed he just wanted to cuddle with her for a few hours while he woke up from his sluggish behavior.

"...Do you want to meet Alexander today?" He asked rubbing his eyes, coming up from behind her after a while pulling her close to his chest as he let out a low purr at the closeness.

"I suppose I could meet this elusive Alexander today." Alyssa replied, leaning back into his embrace. She imagined this is what he meant about being strict with Pierce about her education. Although he was pushy, it was nice to have someone who believed in her. Someone who wanted to see her achieve her dreams and make something of herself.

Turning in his arms, she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a deep kiss then smiled. "Thank you for not giving up on me." Then kissed him again. "I guess I need to sort out this mess. Can't keep hiding under the excuse I can't go out in the day. Is . . . Alexander like Amelia?"

Donder was quite pushy, the difference here was he wasn't mentally and emotionally tearing Alyssa down if she did not succeed like he had his daughter. He simply wanted her to still attain her goal...And the fact he didn't like the thought of being with someone who couldn't finish college, but deep down everyone knew the Locke's were snobs.

Kissing her back, his whiskers tickling her a bit as he purred against her lips he nodded, kissing her neck and jaw before she asked her next question which made a chuckle vibrate through him. "Personality wise, no. Everything else, yes. However Alexander is a pure blood meaning he was born a vampire but unlike most he sought after human companionship...Meaning he just found humans fascinating when his parents and higher clan members did not...Be aware he'll probably ask you all kinds of questions about your turning. If you feel uncomfortable with it, like you're a bug under a microscope just tell him straight up and he'll knock it off." Donder said with a shrug. "He's never turned anyone"

She was rather curious about this Alexander now though after Nile she wasn’t exactly looking forward to meeting another of her kind. Amelia was tolerable as far as she had no choice but to put up with her. Especially when the Vampiress was controlling her.

There was also the fact that although Amelia always portrayed herself as refined, elegant and put together, Alyssa had no doubt that if she was pushed, she would not want to see the other side of Amelia especially from the little she knew of her but knew how ruthless she was.

“I think I should be able to handle another Vamp. At least I think I’ll be able to. You’ll be there right?” She asked with slight trepidation. “But why will he be interested in my turning?”

"Alexander has never turned anyone before. Nor has he witnessed it you see, his clan is incredibly benevolent towards humans. Though they do feed on humans, Alexander takes the effort into purchasing bags of blood to store from a supernatural market to reduce his need to feed on humans. Some families within his clan does the same, but its not required. The problem with that is the blood is 'old' and doesn't taste as fresh apparently I don't know." He said making a face finding the act still disgusting.

"But yes I'll be there, he won't do anything to you darling. He just likes to talk, and if you like him well enough he could be our doctor for the pregnancy as he's....Interested in that as well. Look if Alexander is anything, he's a scientist. He's fascinated by many many things." Donder mused nuzzling her, "when would you like to go?"

“I suppose as soon as we’re ready.” Alyssa sighed. “Though I don’t like the idea of being some science experiment.”

She thought about what he said and found the whole business of buying and storing blood very odd for vampires but maybe there were some good vamps out there.

“Let’s get this over with.”

"He's not a bad guy, Alyssa." He chuckled lightly at her as he drove her off to the hospital, checking in at the desk knowing Alexander had no more appointments at that time. As they were taken back, he worked at a lavish hospital if anything, large and incredibly well maintained as they sat in a room. Everything about it was a normal experience just like a human would go through however Alexander and a few other doctors and nurses within the building had...Extra training.

"One of my pack members, Doc- er...Well Curtis is his name, also works here. If the kid turns out to be a werewolf we might see Alexander and Curtis simultaneously with a low charge." He purred the last part, for as rich as he was he was a penny pincher on a lot of things.

--

After a while Alexander stepped in, tall and handsome as the standard for pure bloods as he flashed them a friendly smile, his fangs retracted but still pointer than a humans. Putting glasses over his silver eyes as he looked down at a chart thoughtfully, tapping a pen on short bearded and well trimmed chin, his hair colored a dark auburn red.

"Doctor." Donder mused casually as Alexander looked up at the wolf.

"...Ph.D" Alexander teased, flashing him a grin as Donder let out a gruff sound.

"I'm still a doctor."

"Not a doctor, doctor I'm afraid." There seemed to be some friendly rivalry interestingly enough between a werewolf and a vampire...Especially Donder and any vampire as he sat down on his stool and wheeled over holding his hand out to Alyssa.

"And you must be Miss Sanchez, if you were wondering Donder and I went to university together at one point. I'd like to say I'm the first vampire he liked." He joked lightly at her. When he shook her hand, he held onto it for a long while staring off into space. "...You haven't fed in a while." He said thoughtfully as he took his hand away after checking her pulse just from that gesture, "tell me, do you feel thirsty? I promise after I get down the basics of being a vampire, we can discuss your degree situation." He said apologetically.

"You're a tight fucker." Alyssa laughed. "We could actually just see a normal doctor you know? Besides surely there's a chance the baby could just be human right? Normal with no extras."

At least she held onto the hope that was possible. She didn't want a baby that was born a vampire or werewolf. Like this kid wouldn't have enough problems with Alyssa and Donder's shakey relationship but the poor thing might have to deal with other extra, more serious shit like being different. Plus, she had barely got a grasp on all this supernatural stuff how was she going to teach a child? Sometimes it was all just too much.

--

Alyssa watched the interaction between wolf and vampire from a distance. Still odd for her. They seemed friendly enough with each other. Seemed there were more people in the world that put up with Donder's attitude than just her. Shaking the Doctors hand when he offered it to her, she managed a smile. "That's me." She replied getting slightly uncomfortable when he held onto her hand. ". . . I'm not hungry." She replied slowly with narrowed eyes. She wasn't suspicious of him but she was suspicious. "Err . . . not really." Alyssa ventured. There had been too much going on for her to think about food or blood. "Sure. It's fine." For some reason she was completely uncomfortable with the whole situation. Maybe because outside the few that she knew - Amelia and Nile - She had not met any other of her new kind. "How long will this take? I . . . have work that's all."

Alexander and Donder slowly exchanged glaces with one another as Alexander wheeled over to the desk on the side of the room taking something out of a cooler and poured it into a glass for her before handing it over, the contents of it clearly blood. "Not too long, I just can't have you attacking anyone who gets a paper cut. Drink this and you'll be fine for the rest of the week. But typically vampires should feed about two to three weeks until their thirst is quenched. You won't drain your victims if you choose the natural way but if you wait longer the risk becomes greater. Perhaps Amelia could do you two another favor and teach you. But the choice is yours, be aware though Miss Sanchez, you're going to need to learn how to be a vampire at some point, the quicker the better."

Alexander continued to write things down, "not to mention you might need a bit more blood due to your pregnancy, if you feel constantly thirsty that could be a sign that the baby is indeed part vampire. If not that could mean its more werewolf or just mortal after all. If Donder is alright with it, he's probably your best bet when feeding but that's a conversation between the two of you."

Clicking his pen and sticking it back in his coat pocket he looked at her, "now. About your degree...You still wish to pursue a medical degree yes? It's tricky for vampires, you need to learn restraint which is why you must be regularly fed, and fed until you are no longer hungry. You cannot risk attacking a patient." He said seriously, his brows furrowing, something about her made Alexander weary, as if she really didn't want to put in the effort, especially after she asked how long it would take. "...Miss Sanchez...I don't know what you're going through, not even indirectly....But you must come to terms with what you are now. I know it wasn't your choice." He said glaring at Donder who shifted uncomfortably. "But you must accept it, its going to be challenging but you have people around you that want you to survive through this."

Leaning back a bit more he glanced at his watch knowing she seemed to be on a time limit. "If you would like, you can train under me once you've completed this semester and are eligible for shadowing under a professional. As for your classes, you can have this." He said handing her a bottle of what looked like sun screen. "Put this on your exposed skin during the day if you must take day classes, but wear a hat and sunglasses as well to decrease burning. This should only be used when you're outside and will protect you for long periods of time. Night classes in your field from what Doctor Locke has told me are still available but you have to actually want this." He reminded her as he got up, shaking her hand for real this time. "It was nice meeting you, if you would like me to be your primary physician as well I would be happy to assist you. Any other questions?"

Alyssa looked at the glass with mixed horror and disgust. The idea of blood still did not appeal to her in the least. "I won't." She replied firmly. "I have a modicum of self control I assure you." She did not appreciate the way he was talking to her but Donder had told her to expect it. Deciding that instead of making a fuss for once, she took the glass and sipped it slowly as the Doctor spoke to her. "I think I'll pick it up as I go along. I'm a fast learner." Plus the thought of approaching Amelia for any help was very off-putting. There was something about Amelia that gave Alyssa the creeps.

When it was confirmed that there was indeed the possibility that the child may just be a normal human being, the tension left her some and she chirped up a little and when the mention of feeding on Donder came up, Alyssa burst out laughing. Looking at Donder only made her laugh more. That was not an option. She was well aware. Managing to contain herself , she straightened biting back a few giggles as she continued to listen.

"And I intend to survive." Alyssa informed him. However, Alexander had hit the nail on the head and as he said it, she realised that was exactly what was holding her back. The fear. The fear of loosing control and attacking a patient but just because he said she still could do it, it did not instil much confidence in her. Then she said nothing until they were shaking hands and she had a million questions but replied. "No questions. Thank you for seeing me Doctor. I'll get back to you with my decision shortly. Good day."

Alexander smiled and left, going back to his other duties as Donder walked out with her, his hands in the pockets of his jeans feeling reserved again. He had a distant look in his eye, knowing he fucked up her entire life for one selfish decision he made, remembering how she told him she'd rather died than be turned into a monster, that was something he'd never get over.

As they pulled up into the driveway he let her out, the car ride a bit quiet as they drove the only sound really being the radio and interestingly enough Donder liked Metallica. "I'm going for a run, tell me when you want to go to work and I'll take you." He said not realizing she had work today, not even recalling her telling him.

Back
Top Bottom