Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

Grinning at her playfulness, he purred holding her close. He wasn't exactly a country boy, more of a hermit than anything else when it came to his big secret but the peacefulness of the woods around his cabin couldn't be beat anywhere else in the city.

"Mh...I would...There obviously are times where you can't be here but I think I can at least arrange a drawer for you..." He murmured, playing with her hair between his long, powerful fingers as he looked down at her. Purring once more, he nuzzled her with his bearded chin before tensing and pulling back.

"Uh...No...Let's not tell Pierce anything. And she catches on quicker than the board of education if I'm having relations with a student. Remember sweetheart we still need to keep us a secret. That's something we just have to if we're going to continue this..."

Alyssa laughed when he went from nuzzling her like an affection puppy to the ridge Donder she knew. "Don't worry." She stroked his chest. "I was only kidding. I won't be telling your daughter anything. Besides the fact that it's super weird that we have some of the same classes."

Pierce was clearly far more feral than Donder and that was saying something. Plus, one supernatural creature in her life was more than enough. She didn't think she could handle two grumpy and petulant Werewolves. And of course the fact that just because her daddy liked her, didn't mean Pierce would like her. In fact Alyssa was pretty certain Pierce detested her but that was fine. She could live with that.

"A draw?" She pouted at him before smiling slowly. "That's fine. A draw to start with." She winked at him. "It'll be all mine before you know it." She joked, pulling him in for a fierce kiss before pulling back. "Wait . . . what kind of times can I not be here?"

"She wont do anything to you. Its what she'll do to me is what I'm worried about..." He muttered rolling his eyes. Purring as he kissed her back, matching her passion and fierceness before answering her questions.

"The days of a full moon. You're not even allowed to be on my property which is bigger than you think." He said honestly, cocking a brow. "I'm sure we'll both have our moody days where we don't want to see anyone. But the full moon is the biggest factor, most other times I don't think you'd be here for anyway." He said shrugging, having pack meetings and the like on his days off of classes where she did still have some.

"Why not?" Alyssa asked him curiously. "What's the big deal with the full moon?"

There were of course the stories about Were's and full moons but there were so many versions, which one was correct? She had so much to learn. Plus, she didn't like the fact that some days she was not allowed into his life. That's not how relationships worked . . . If this was even a relationship.

Maybe Donder didn't see it that way. They were walking a very thin line as it were. All the secretiveness and the student teacher thing. Maybe she was in danger from his pack. Maybe they didn't like outsiders or actual full flesh human beings.

"What if I want to see you then?" Alyssa questioned coyly, nuzzling his jaw and kissing his cheek. "I would want to see you even on my moody days." She told him stroking his chest.

"The big deal? I go insane. I'm forced to change into a werewolf and all I want to do is maim and maul, so no you can't see me on those days even if you want too." He huffed at her, not finding anything funny, "its for your protection if anything else. There are other days where I have to well...Take care of pack stuff. And they wouldn't be too happy with you around."

He was starting to get a bit grumpy again, huffing at her as she nuzzled and kissed him, he had a feeling she wasn't taking any of this seriously now that she knew there was an entirely other world out there really.

"I just can't have you brought into all this, you have other shit to worry about, you don't need to be a part of my life when it comes to the supernatural stuff. It's dangerous..."

"Don't you think it's kind of late for that?" Alyssa replied, pulling away slightly to look him in the eyes. "I don't think this is how this works. I should be able to be apart of the bad as well as the good. I mean isn't that the whole point of . . . ." Dare she say it? "a relationship?"

There was so much to all this supernatural stuff. A lot of it was going over her head. Pack stuff?

"Are you embarrassed of me?" She asked curiously, her gaze narrowing on this waiting for his response. She could only think it could be either because she was too young or his student or . . . "Because I'm NOT a Were?"

Alyssa looked slightly wounded, though she tried to hide it. Maybe he didn't like her as much as she liked him. "I don't care if it's dangerous." She added, stroking the side of his face just how he liked it.

Donder was in a tough situation at the moment, he wasn't even quite sure what they had qualified as a relationship. Hell he was pretty sure the only thing they had in common was they liked dogs and sex but...That was just about it.

Running a hand through his thick hair as she pet his face, he held back a purr for the moment as it was inappropriate for this situation.

"...No Alyssa. I'm not embarrassed of you. I just don't want you to be tied into all of this. You don't need to know a lot about supernatural life other than it exists. Just like countries, supernatural races have enemies as well. Very political. My pack wouldn't hurt you there just...There was an incident several years ago and that's why you can't be around during pack meetings. The full moon business is just so I don't kill you." He growled crossing his arms to silently tell her he wasn't budging on the full moon aspect.

She was definitely hurt. Yet, Alyssa could never show weakness. Instead she would show defiance. If that's how it was then that was perfectly fine. She could keep him at a bay from her life too. Telling herself she was okay with just sex if that's what he wanted. Just fine.

Maybe it was for the better she tried to round up her courage. Anyway, why would she want to date some like Donder? Old and grumpy. This was perfect, Alyssa tried to convince herself. She could have amazing mind blowing sex with Donder and date other guys more suitable for her. Guys who weren't old or weren't Werewolves.

"Alright." Alyssa shrugged. "If that's what you want sure." She began to pull away. "So can you drop me off close to campus?" There was a guy who'd be asking her out ever since she and Donder had started . . . having sex and she had kept blowing him off. But now that Donder made it pretty clear where they stood, she'd call up her admirer and go on that date. Wanting to feel wanted wasn't a bad thing she told herself. Donder only wanted her for one thing, which was fine. Perfectly fine. The more she thought it the more not fine it sounded but she ignored that fact.

"What, why?" He asked confused, his brows furrowing when she pulled from him. At this point Donder was lost for words, all he simply wanted was to protect her from hunters and other supernatural creatures, not push her away from him entirely. It was as if the girl didn't understand caution whatsoever, it was just a few days out of a month where they both absolutely couldn't be around each other, couples attached to the hip weren't a healthy relationship anyway, and he'd rather not kill her from a rage fueled by the moon anytime soon.

"All I was saying is there's times where I just can't see you, what's wrong with that?" He asked her, frustrated, and when frustrated he started to panic and then finally get angry and today he thought was going quite well in his opinion...And if it was the pride of her's blocking her intelligence he wasn't having any of that.

Internally Alyssa was smirking slight. Glad to have perplexed him somewhat. Now he knew what it felt like. And God did she want him so bad when he showed a little insecurity. It was totally cute but she knew she had to play a little hard to get. She had no intention of leaving him. This thing they had going on . . . suited her for now. But if there was anything Alyssa was certain of, it was the fact that she wanted more from Donder. Wanted more of Donder.

However, he was stubborn and would not come easy and although patience was certainly not her virtue for him . . . Let's just say, she decided he was worth the wait. In time she'd make him see; he'd want more from her too.

"No I get it." She replied coolly with another shrug. Play it cool Alyssa, she told herself. "Nothing wrong with that. You're protecting me and protecting your secret. I can totally understand that." She smiled putting her hands in her pocket. "You can just . . . call me when you wanna, you know . . . hook up. That's what you want right?"

Donder stared down at her, now he thought she was nothing but a cunt at this point. His jaw set as she questioned him. "You're either a fucking idiot or a whore. You can walk home." He snarled at her and walked away, going into his house and slamming the door shut. He wasn't about to be played like some child's object. She didn't understand a word of what he was saying, and he was sick and tired of explaining it to her.

He knew he told her he didn't like hookups, he didn't lie friends with benefits but it was either her way or the high way. He refused to put her life in danger because he was too drunk to keep one of the largest secrets in the world and if she wanted to play games he was over it. There was nothing fun about this, she could get easily killed by either a werewolf that didn't like the fact she was with him, or she would be used as bait for his own demise from his enemies.

Donder had a feeling she'd blow up at him for that and at this point he really didn't care. She wasn't going to die on his watch at least.

When he started name calling like a child she threw a rock at him. The little good it did. It hit him but she doubt he even felt it. Tears welled up in her eyes as she walked through the woods. She had no idea where she was going but she was utterly furious with him.

How dare he treat her like that?! He always claimed it was her pride when he kept her at a distance. EVERYTHING worked the way he wanted it. She wasn't some toy he could manouver however he liked. She was a person, a human being with feelings and thoughts and did he once ask her opinion or ask her how he felt or actually TALK to her about an issue like adults?! No! He dictated to her and expected her to follow.

She was full on sobbing by the time she realised she was completely lost. She could barely see for the tears in her eyes. She wasn't someone who cried easily but he had been a complete and utter asshole and she wondered why she ever wanted anything to do with him. Even Nile being the clingy freak that he was had never made her cry like this. She came across a fast running river and plopped down on the ground next to it, pulling her knees to her chest as she cried her heart out. Giving up on the idea of finding a way out for the time being. She couldn't even think straight. Maybe some wolf or coyote or something would come along and put her out of her misery. It was precisely then she heard a low dangerous snarling behind her.

Grunting the rock hit against his head cutting the skin as he felt the wound, seeing blood on his hand as he turned watching her run off. Snarling lowly he slammed the door behind him and looked for some bandaging supplies.

--

"That was deliciously dramatic," Nile purred from behind her as he stepped from the woods, flashing her a dangerous smile that showed no love beneath it, only hunger, hurt, and disgust. "A noble cause, wanting to protect you from the supernatural world by not allowing you to be a part of it...Darling he didn't want to keep you from that part of himself. He wanted to protect you from me."

Pinned down in a flash, his hand around her neck as his fangs slid out and lengthened, his eyes blood red. "I will not forgive you for deserting me like that my love. And since you pushed that mutt away, this will be your final resting place. Therefore I have one last request, considering you've always been quite the screamer..." He purred before lunging, his fangs puncturing her neck as he fed from her draining her every second of life.

Alyssa’s heart dropped to her stomach the moment she rubbed her eyes and turned around. It was far worse than any wild creature that might have roamed these woods.

She backed away instantly but he was too fast. He had her pinned in the blink of an eye. His bloody crimson gaze choaking any protest as she stared up at him in frightened disbelief.

When fangs pierced her skin that’s when she screamed. Heart pounding, blood racing faster. Her struggles dying down remarkably quickly as her eye lids flutter and her body stopped resisting, eyes slowly closing. “Nile . . . Why?” Darkness consumed her.

"It's just business my dear, if you're not with me you're against me." He murmured against her as he continued to feed.

--

Donder dropped his first aid kit when he heard her scream, his eyes immediately going golden as he burst from his house and transformed, rushing through the woods and snarled finding the scent of Nile. Lunging for the feeding vampire, he leaped onto his back and with his fangs tore into his shoulder and threw him from her, Donder tumbling close to the river, his paws slipping in the mud on the bank.

Nile hissed at the werewolf as he lunged back, gripping at his fur and clawing as his eyes and ears to blind him as Donder continued to snap his jaws at the vampire, both beast's intent to kill. A yelp rang out in the forest as Nile kicked the wolf's shoulder, shattering it before tossing him to the side but Donder hung onto the leech with his teeth tearing deep into his skin.

In the end Nile ran off with his tail between his legs, Donder's chest heaving as he slowly looked to his lover, turning back, weak from the blood loss and injuries, his clothes somewhat intact but most shredded from how quick the change was as he made a phone call to Amelia, needing some help from one much older than he.

Amelia arrived at Donder’s place. It wasn’t her favourite haunt but in the years she had cause to come here from time to time. The overwhelming scent of dog filling her nostrils made it difficult to trace him.

Getting out of her expensive car - one she actually drove herself this time - her equally expensive heels dug into the mud and she cursed Donder.

Eventually she tracked him to a river bank. The water rushes by in fast waves so loud. She looked upon her friends wounded form, he’d survive. The crumpled corpse of the mortal near the muddy bank however . . .

Amelia crouched to examine the girl she recognised. Gently she moved her head to the side to see the angry bite marks. The once tanned skin was now almost pale as her own. Amelia lifted her wrist to catch any sign of life.

“She dead.” Amelia said looking up at Donder. “Or at least she will be in a minute or two.”

There was a weak pulse. To weak for any human to detect. Clinically she was dead but a Vampire could sense the final pulses of life.

“I’m sorry Donder . . . What happened?” Amelia asked as she rose to her feet, dusting her hands off and a little curious as to why he called her.

"I can't...I can't...She's too far gone to be turned by me I don't know what else to do, Nile he...He was...He was here..." He stuttered and coughed up blood from the massive punches Nile landed on his abdomen.

Donder Locke almost never stuttered, usually it was a humorous sight to behold but this time it was incredibly crippling. "Come on Amelia you've got to do something I don't know what else to do." He said and gritted his teeth unable to stand up straight on his own weight. "It's my fault...We got in a fight and she ran off...I told...I told her about our world. She wanted to learn more, to be in it with me and I told her for her own safety she couldn't and she took it to mean like I didn't want her around or close to me at all..."

The sight of the great Donder Locke like this was almost pitiable. She felt for the great Wolf. Silly old thing. She thought as he gently rubbed his back.

“Take it easy old friend. I can tell you care for this human . . . Deeply but . . .” She looked at him with some doubt. “You do realise what you’re asking of me don’t you?”

Amelia’s brows furrowed as she looked at the old Were. “I could easily do it but . . . Do you truly want me to turn your greatest love into your greatest enemy? Think about it my friend.” She almost beseeched him feeling pity for the Were something she had never felt for him. Though there was not a lot of time to think at all.

Donder sat in a somewhat fetal position as he clawed and tugged at his hair, unable to look at her and Alyssa's dying form several meters away. All he simply did to answer Amelia's question was nod to her. In many ways he blamed himself for what had become of her, though he wasn't sure even he could hate her once she was turned into a vampire.

The werewolf was still loosing blood, but to a were's fast healing abilities he wasn't weakening nearly as fast, but the scent was still fresh in the air as well as Nile's, the leech still wasn't that far but it wasn't Donder's priority to kill him at this moment.

As Amelia stared at him, he nodded a bit firmly one last time to answer her and continued to sit there clawing at his hair.

Amelia gave a single nod back to Donder. Squeezing his shoulder reassuringly before moving back to the girls side.

It wa no grand ceremony but it would be a special bond. Binding the girl to Amelia and her clan. She would be drawn to obey her but Amelia would not hold onto the reigns. For an old friend she’d give away a clans woman.

A peace offering of sorts to keep their good working relationship as well as what she considered a friendship.

Kneeling besides the corpse. The girl was barely breathing. Her throat was near ripped out from the side.

Amelia rolled up the sleeve of her left arm. The skin was pale, a white so white. She had no knive to do this smoothly. The sharpest of fangs descend and in one quick motion Amelia tore into her own arm.

Blood oozed, flowing to the ground. So crimson and thick it covered the grass where it fell. Amelia quickly moved her flowing arm to Alyssa’s mouth.

“Blood giveth life.”

She let her life’s blood flow into the girl. Her lips were covered, it ran down her throat over flowing. Yet it could clearly be seen the wound on her throat was healing, as skin knit inhumanly fast.

Rising another Vampire took a lot out of one. Amelia swayed but held onto reality. It W seemed like far to long when the blood from her arm stopped flowing and started to congeal and was healing itself.

The girl had not moved an inch. She did not breath still. “Donder.” Amelia spoke when she had gained her footing and the world was not swaying around her. “Either take her home and let her rise on the night of tomorrow or let me take her and you can come see her tomorrow. I only suggest she come with me because as soon as she rises she will need to feed and I don’t think you want to be fed upon.” Though he would make a good strong first meal.

It was not like the young one would suck him dry but she would be disoriented and confused but there was every possiblity with the Clan she may not want to see Donder again.

“If you decide to take her. I suggest you keep her out of the sunlight.”

"No...No I'll take her." He said, a low growl of possession in his voice. That would have sealed the deal, werewolves were always incredibly possessive with their mates, usually not toxic but the thought of lengthy separation would never sit well with their animal instinct.

Donder finally shifted to his feet, dragging himself to Alyssa as he picked her up in his arms unable to look at Amelia. This wasn't something anyone would just thank a vampire for, but he wasn't sure exactly how he felt about the subject and wouldn't until Alyssa woke the next day.

He walked slowly on his way home, making sure to get her in a dimly lit room so the sunlight wouldn't hurt her and she could rest at least semi well as he laid her in his bedroom, Donder sitting in a chair tugging at his hair until she woke.

Amelia watched the proud wolf take his vampire mate. It was just Donder’s luck. If he was to keep her as a mate, he made the right decision Amelia mused as she made her way back home.

When a newly turned vampire woke, it would bond quickly and tightly with whatever it came in contact with first, much like a chick. Usually this was the clan in this case however it was a frumpy Were unaware of his true feelings. He better figure them out fast Amelia mused thinking about her own human waiting for her back at home.

It was like she was dead. Alyssa had left nothing. For a long time it was as if she hadn’t existed at all and then suddenly thought was granted to her once more.

She sat up instantly, eyes wide gasping and coughing for air, for something of comfort and most of all for something to fill this starving pit in her stomach.

Disorientated and confused. For a long time everything was dizzying and black and white. She tried to climb out of bed and collapsed. Her feet not working as fast as her brain.

Where was she? How has she got here? What had happened?! Too much of everything! She grasped out trying to find something to hold onto as her world turned upside down. She was frightened, scared and whimpering.

Jumping when she awoke, he immediately got up and sat next to her on the bed, being cautious to not spook her too much. The last thing Donder wanted was to be torn into alive and for real this time rather than verbally.

"Hey, hey calm down. You're back at my cabin." He said knowing she was hungry, putting a hand on her wrist so she could feel his pulse. He decided while she was asleep that he would allow her to feed from him, though it was unlike most werewolves to do such a thing but it was not unheard of.

His fear of bringing her into the supernatural world became a reality and he couldn't change it, no she was not a werewolf as he would prefer but she was alive and that's all what matters. "...You need to feed." He said grimly knowing logically she would have no idea what that meant but instinct acted quicker.

She gazed at the man at her side with squinted eyes. The room was almost pitch black yet she could see but it was s strange kind of seeing. Nothing she had ever seen before nothing she could describe.

“Donder . . .?” She croaked our. Her throat so sore it was as if glass was stuck down there.

She was so scared and clung onto the only thing she knew, the only comfort she could reach. “I-I don’t know what’s w-wrong with me?” She sobbed clinging onto his shoulders.

There was a sound that filled her ears, a warmth beneath the fingers, what was this . . . She had barely thought it than the next thing she knew she was biting his shoulder.

Donder’s warm blood hit the back of her throat and then flowed over her tongue. The sweetness the likes of which she could never begin to describe. Instantly she was lulled into a calm state as she sucked on his neck. Holding him tighter as she stroked the back of his head lovingly.

The alpha let out a low growl when she bit into him but it was out of instinct, he didn't like to get bitten. However he fought his need to tear her off and simply sat there, his powerful arms hooked around her waist as he promised her quietly to explain everything after she was finished.

Donder wavered after a while, the blood loss starting to make him feel light headed as he tried his very best to keep steady for her. Once she did pull back he let out a breath, sitting there for several moments before opening his eyes and looked at her.

"...Nile tried to leave you for dead but I...I...I had Amelia turn you into a vampire so you could escape death but...I...I'm sorry you didn't have any say of the decision yourself...I get it if you want me to crawl into a hole or whatever insult you have off the top of your head." He muttered looking away from her.

Back
Top Bottom