Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Claiming The Wolf (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

As soon as her appetite was satisfied Alyssa pulled away in shock. Realising what she had just done. She quivered.

“What did I- what . . . Am I?”

She listened from the far end of the bed close to the edge where she’d cornered herself.

She listened to him. Understanding but not understanding and then it all became clear. The entire horror relayed to her by her own memory, almost as if she was seeing someone else’s story.

Turned into a Vampire?! Alyssa began to sob uncontrollably. The little energy she had gained from her drink being fully extinguished by her sobbing as the slow realising began to dawn on her, all her dreams . . . She’d never be a doctor now. Curling into herself, Alyssa cried for her shattered dreams and her stolen life.

All she had to say to Donder through her sobs was, “Why didn’t you just let me die?!” Before breaking down again.

"I couldn't let you just die!" He growled at her before putting his head into his hands, having ruined her life now as he tugged at his hair. He knew she wouldn't want this, no one really actively wanted to be a vampire, perhaps much less a werewolf. It was hard to decide whether or not the strengths were a gift or a curse.

Donder clammed up on her now, unable to speak or think as he stared down at the floor, his hair between his fingers somehow though he hadn't yanked his entire head from his shoulders just yet. This was irreversible, but not all was lost, was it?

"I...I didn't know what else to do...."

It was too much to take in. Everything had changed! She has changed! He had changed! And she was certain now more than ever the way he felt about her would change too. That was if he felt anything at all for her.

Crawling across the bed, her hands came out to grasp his shoulder and she shook him. Almost violently, a feat she could have never managed as a mere human.

“Why couldn’t you?!” She begged through her tears holding onto his shoulders. “Why?! You should have just let me die!”

Donder gritted his fangs at her when she shook him, still in pain, his left shoulder still shattered and in the process of healing when she touched them. Staring at her, his eyes were golden from the pain and frustration not knowing what he thought anymore before he simply blurted out,

"I love you okay? I didn't want you to get your hopes up in case I fucked up everything for you or you didn't love me back.I didn't know what else to do but I just didn't want to sit there and let you pass. There. Are you happy?" He snapped at her, pulling back as the pain in his shoulders were too much with her inhuman strength gripping them.

Alyssa was stunned to silence. He . . . Loved her? But everything he had said or did was always the complete opposite . . .

Her grip relaxed as he pulled out of her hold. She glared at him for a long moment before with the sweep of her hand she slapped him across the face.

“How dare you tell me that now?!” She screamed at him. “Who do you think you are?! Yoh think you can just play with peoples lives and emotions and-and-and-“

She didn’t even allowed him time to respond as she struck out at him angrily in frustration again and then suddenly pulled herself to him, taking his lips with hers in a violently fierce embrace. The months and weeks of tension of wanting to express to him just how she felt but the fear or his reprisal keeping her from doing so.

“I love you too you big idiot.” She told him between bitter sweet kisses.

Grunting as his head snapped to the side as she slapped him, feeling heat from where her handprint was as he glared at her saying nothing. He allowed her to shout and swear and scream at him, he deserved it and he knew he needed to take this one lying down.

Wincing once more as she grabbed him, he felt her lips touch his as she kissed him, using his good arm to pull her closer to him as he shifted slightly from the pain in her grasp.

"...Look...I...I know some people. You can still get your degree but you need to trust me on this one...And watch the shoulder, Nile shattered it to pieces." He mumbled nuzzling her hair lightly

She pressed the shoulder he told her to watch, but only a little, only enough to make him yelp and growl at her.

“No I can’t.” She sighed nuzzling into his good shoulder. Her wet cheek rubbing against his skin. “How am I going to be a doctor or a surgeon when I can’t even look at blood without wanting to drain it and the fact that I can’t go out in the day light.”

It was an impossible situation. Her life had changed. She had to except him. She couldn’t live on the false hope he provided.

“Can you just hold me and kiss me and tell me you love me again.” Oh yeah she’s definitely be making sure she’d be hearing that more often. At least something good came out of all this Alyssa thought depressedly. Holding onto her man tight.

A snarl ripped through his throat and cut through any other sound within the night and in the room. It was loud and fierce, his eyes blaring a golden red as he warned her he wasn't to be messed with. "Don't. Do that again." His eyes had death in them, any vampire that touched him and caused pain he had the instinct to rip them in half and he didn't want to do that to her, hopefully the last warning got through her head.

"Look. There are ways. We can talk about them later." He said and sighed, letting her nuzzle into him as he pulled her into his lap with a wince and held her to his powerful chest. Donder started to relax as long as she headed his previous warning and nuzzled her hair, kissing her temple for as long as she needed.

She was less afraid than ever of his warning but did not respond with an answer and just let him nuzzle her as she sat in his lap.

Alyssa stroked his hair holding him in her arms, letting his body heal. “Tell me you love me.” She insisted. “Then you can tell me why you love your Vampire girlfriend.”

She wondered if this could ever work as she craddled his head closer to her chest, kissing the top. She didn’t want to lose him but he was old and set in his ways.

"Mh...Love you." He murmured, though kicking himself in the back of his head because he sounded like a stupid school boy, he hated using that word considering it had been so long. He relaxed in her arms still unsure if this was going to work out, she could easily bite him again and drain him out of complete contempt for him deciding her fate but part of Donder was still on edge.

"You make me think. You're quite the challenge you know." He teased a bit looking up at her as he nuzzled her breasts. "I think its part of the werewolf side. We become attached sometimes I guess. I don't know it only happened to me once." Explaining things like this always came hard but he didn't blame her for asking, he was playing quite hard to get for the past...Forever.

"Mostly I like things I protect but I think I failed...A lot..." He muttered looking at the bite mark on her neck his body going ridged.

Alyssa felt him go ridged in her arms and soothed the hard lines out of his back and arms. His head still cozily pressed to her chest.

She smiled listening to him. Enjoying his discomfort. That was always enjoyable to her, making him squirm.

“Challenging? Exactly what every girl wants to hear.” She teased trying to make him forget the bite on her neck. “Second times the charm I hear.” She tapped his nose like a puppies. Kissing his bearded cheek. “Old man. Lucky for you I’m young and virile. Better step up your game.”

"You know you're going to outlive me like ten fold right?" He reminded her cocking a brow, "not to mention you boasted about how you could replace me in a night. When I say you have eternity you really do have eternity unless someone or something of great power comes around but you know." He said shrugging as he slowly pulled himself back from her, leaning into the chair to put the pressure off his back and shoulders.

"Only way I'll live as long as you is if I'm cursed by a witch or warlock or whatever or turned into a vampire. Werewolves don't have extended life. I'm not saying we couldn't work out but I don't want you to feel like you're going to waste your eternity for a few more decades with me." He said frowning at her. "I mean I'd like it if you did but its up to you, its come to my attention I don't actually...Talk things out with you to where we both come to a decision."

Alyssa rolled her eyes, smacking his chest lightly. “Right I could have anybody, why would I want a grumpy old injured wolf.” She teased him, leaning in closer to steal a kiss.

“Oh I don’t know? Maybe because I’m madly in love with your grumpy old ass.” She informed him.

Forever was a long time and a lot of things could happen in a long time but she was certain no amount of time could ever change the way she felt about Donder. Even he couldn’t, even when he had superbly pissed her off.

“No I think I’ll keep.” She told him, playing with his tattered shirt, leaning her head against his good shoulder she gazed up at her mangled wolf happily. “I’ll keep you and maybe have . . . A few . . . Puppies with you.”

She gazed up at him expectantly. This was a subject that linked with what he said about him making decisions and not discussing them with her. Well now was a good start. Though she didn’t know how exactly it worked because she did not find the idea of carrying puppies appealing the least.

He smiled a bit grimly and leaned into her, kissing her back softly when she stole a kiss. Keeping her in his lap as he played with his hair a bit drowsy from not sleeping a wink the night before. "Alright, you can keep me." He mused not sure if that was her words or the vampire's considering how equally possessive they also were.

However what she said next almost made him choke on his own spit as he glared at her knowing she was joking. "Stop that. We don't really even call children puppies." He huffed, though 'pups' were another story for some but he wasn't about to go into that.

Donder wasn't even sure if vampires could reproduce, and he wasn't about to go and ask one as he sighed. "Look. Maybe after a few days of rest I want you to meet someone. He's a doctor at St. Raphael's. And interestingly a vampire, if you want to continue with your major, its not impossible. Now that I can't keep you out of the supernatural world because you're a part of it, you're going to find out a lot more people you see on the streets might be supernatural as well."

“Sure okay.” She agreed. It would be nice not having to give up all her hopes and dreams but it was a major lifestyle adjustment.

How was she going to see her grandmother? Or go into her childhood apartment knowing the walls were covered in crucifixes?! Did God hate her now? These were all questions for another time however.

She was not about to let him side step another important discussion they needed to have if they had any hope.

“You do want children Donder don’t you? I mean more children?” She was like a wolf with a bone she thought with an internal smirk.

"Please stop." He said glaring at her knowing she was just messing with him. Shifting a bit he put her back on the bed as he slowly got up wincing needing to stretch his legs and lay down, "I'm going out for a smoke and I'll be right back alright? You can roam around but stay out of any sunlight, I know that's going to..Be a major adjustment for you but the last thing I want is to see me...Girl...Friend..." He mumbled as if the words were foreign for him, "to end up a pile of ash on my doorstep."

Sighing he grabbed a pack and a lighter, lumbering out of the room intending of coming back to lay down with her. "Also at some point I'm going to ask Amelia to come back considering she is your maker, she will be about twenty times better about answering your questions than I'll ever be."

“ I don’t intend on asking you questions.” She huffed as he lays down next to her.

He was beginning to annoy her. “You can’t even answer the simple questions I ask you OR even call me your damn girlfriend without cringing.”

Her voice was slightly louder. Apparently becoming a vampire did nothing to change ones temperament.

“Donder! I need to know! This is not something you can decide along the way! I need to know now! I need to know I’m not wasting my time here!”

"I'm not cringing, its just weird for me to say it. Damn it Alyssa stop taking everything so fucking negative. If I didn't want you around I would have let Amelia take you back instead of me. Look, I wasn't a good father to Pierce and considering we just came to the conclusion we're a couple, it seems a bit much to start jumping to the children aspect of a relationship."

"I don't know what you want me to do, yes I love you, yes I want to be with you. This all just happened incredibly fast and if you feel like you're wasting your time with me then you might as well go now. Decisions like that do take time and look at you now, you have fucking eternity." He snapped at her from the lack of sleep.

"Alyssa. I hate vampires. To make matters worse, one of the guest rooms actually has a hunting kit hidden in the floorboards. Right now all I'm trying to do is push my prejudice aside for you because I'd like to think you're not some mindless, blood sucking leech like Nile. I know this is a lot for you, way more for you than me but I've got a lot of changing I have to do considering the person I love is the one thing I hate next to witches. I'm not telling you to fuck off, I'm trying to explain why I'm having trouble with this situation, its nothing you can do."

Alyssa was furious. Yet again she had to make time for him to adjust when she was having the biggest fucking adjustment in her entire life and that which was a choice taken from her.

“Well I’m going to make it easier for you Donder.” She slid of the bed finding the biggest jacket with the biggest hood and slid it on. It was like a bag because it was Donder’s. It was only then she noticed the palour of her skin.

But she couldn’t think about how disgustingly pale and corpse like she looked right now.

“You can come find me when you can feel like you can stand to be around me!” With that she stormed out of his bedroom and out of his house.

The sun was dim and covered by clouds but it was already affecting her new form. The skin of her hands and her neck and a part of her feet blistered wildly from the suns rays. Tears stung her eyes from the pain but she’d rather feel this than be in the same room as Donder for even a second more.

Donder was done at this point, he would make no move to find her unless of coarse she was in danger once more if Nile came back. "If we can't even have one fucking day where you and I don't take each other's words the wrong way then you might as well move on, Alyssa. I'm sick of these fights." He snapped as she walked away and slammed the door as he moved back into his house.

Even when he was trying his best to tell her how he felt she just stomped all over it, it wasn't that he couldn't stand being around her, it was the fact he needed to wrap his mind around the part that he couldn't hate her because she was a vampire as well as take the hunting kit out of his house and burn the thing.

But she kept wanting him to make massive decisions on the spot, and Donder was no love wizard, but he knew that's now how couples made decisions.

For the next couple of days Alyssa had not left her apartment. She had moped around. Sun blisters and burns didn’t heal quite as fast when you were a vampire.

Classes were a no go and as for work, for once in her life she called in sick. Though she’d have to get her ass back to work of she planned on paying the rent.

She’d also made it a point to avoid Nina and her questions. And there was this deal with this growing hunger rising inside of her. It was scary how hungry she was, like she could do anything to sate it.

Then there was Donder. Their last words had been very . . . Last and final. She hadn’t heard from him since and she by no means was going to crawl back to him. She loved him unconditionally and yet for him loving her was like a Goddamn trial!

"You're retiring? What the hell?" Pierce snapped at her father as they both stood in his office. "What's gotten over you, you love this job! Not to mention you were just about to get the Dean's job and now you're what. Going to hole up in your cabin all day now?"

"Pierce there's nothing for me anymore, I could have retired a decade ago. I'm exhausted, and there's too much going on with pack orders not to mention my high standing on the council now."

"This is about some love interest isn't it?"

"Enough." He snapped at her and pointed to the door, his eyes golden as Pierce simply rolled her eyes and left without another word. He didn't see Alyssa in class and he was trying to tell hismelf he didn't care. Unlike her however, he'd never move on after that, and simply go back to how he was before she arrived in his life like a battering ram. He refused to come crawling back to her this time, not until she stopped feeling like he was trying to attack her every five seconds.

Her first alone feed . . . Was a little messy. It wasn’t her fault! She had no clue what she was doing. She thought instinct might take over. FYI, I didn’t.

However, she was discovering she could do something to lower her prey. Prey?! Yuck! It made her sound like Hannibal Lector. In fact that’s exactly how she felt.

He main goal was to make this damned hunger go away. Two, not be seen doing it and three, not to kill her dinner and let it run free.

So behind the alleyway of her work was a dazed businssman with puncture wounds in his neck. No one had yet told her about the healing saliva. She kept an eye on him as she worked and was glad when the fifth time she went to check on him he was nowhere in sight. There was however a nice red streak running from her shoulder down her breast on her white shirt. Great.

The werewolves were on the prowl, closer and closer into the inner city as vampire and witch activity was becoming more common in the area. Donder had ordered Pierce to take a sector out to patrol the area and find the culprits though most of them were looking for Nile.

Pierce paused and looked down at the side walk, seeing drops of blood lead from a trail as she looked around, her golden eyes slicing through the darkness knowing she was close to a leech. Her blood smelled similar to Donder's but not quite, there wasn't that distinct sweetness Alyssa needed so dearly but it was something. Pierce walked quietly, her hands in her pockets as she kept her guard up, slowly looking into the alleys for the suspected leech.

Alyssa screamed as a shadow moved in the alleyway. The big black bin bag slipping from her fingers as her hand went to her hammering heart.

“Oh. My. God! Don’t do that!” She seethed through teeth recognising the intruder and trying to calm down. “What are you doing lurking in alley ways?” Alyssa questioned Pierce.

She doubted she was here on behalf of her father. Fat chance of that. Donder could barely admit his feelings for her to himself. She choked on a mirthless laugh at the thought of him trying to explain to Pierce his relationship with her, his student, a Vampire.

Taking a step back, Alyssa was a little wary. She remembered Puerce’s pedigrey and had no doubt she felt as strongly about Alyssa’s kind as he did. Maybe he’d even sent Pierce to finish her off, changing his mind.

“You like garlic bread and risotto? I got some they’re throwing out, nothing wrong with it. If you want it?” She smiled expectantly.

Back
Top Bottom