Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Change (LunarWolf and GuardianAngel)

Riley just went to his room and slammed the door closed. His mood could almost be felt by everybody else in the mansion at that point in time. Anger more so than anything else, although now he had a general idea of where the rebels possibly were. That cave where Hope had been talking to those guards outside. Why would a cave need guards unless it was hiding something. While he was in his room, Mana had decided that she was going to go outside and sit in her garden, her kitten just following after her, meowing softly.

Leo rested for a bit and then after a while went and put a request in to be removed as the twos guard and moved to the front lines. Leo didn't like the idea but he knew it was better to be there then walking on eggshells all the time

The request had to be given to Marcus verbally, and from there he would consider it. Paperwork would be filed out as needed if it was accepted, if not then the person was pretty much stuck where they were at. Least they really want to piss Marcus off and just go wherever they wanted. "And why exactly are you wanting to move to the front lines?" Marcus questioned after a moment in time, although at the time he was just leaning back in his chair, watching out the window. From where he was at he had a perfect of the garden, and could see his fiery haired daughter sitting on the edge of the fountain, her kitten sitting next to her.

"because I am more suited for the front lines then I am protection detail besides your daughter and son are more than capable of protecting themselves." Leo wasn't going to tell him that he couldn't keep protecting them for different reasons so this was the best way to make the change he wanted

"Riley can take care of himself but Mana.... she is the one that I worry about. But if you insist." was all Marcus could safe after a moment in time, giving in to the male deciding to go to the front lines.

"I have someone in mind who can guard her a female soldier she is bright and a fast learner she will do much better as the young miss's guard" Leo knew mainly because she could be with her at all times unlike him

"Perhaps anyways. You know that Mana tends to dismiss people if she doesn't like them, regardless of what I have to say." Marcus spoke in a chuckle before he stating that he wanted this female soldier brought to him then so that he could see her himself.

"of course sir" Leo headed out and got the female he was referring to and brought her to Marcus to look over before introducing her to his daughter.

Marcus just examined the female for a brief moment in time before he spoke, "State your name and your age. Tell me what skills you have." Although his attention did turn towards the door as it opened and Mana was drifting into the room, her kitten scampering in front of her.

" My Name Freya my lord and besides being skilled in hand to hand combat and stealth I am also gifted and able to use the shadows to my advantage" Freya then demonstrated her power and vanished into her own shadow and appeared on the other side of the room near Mana before going back to her original spot

Marcus just watched for a moment in time before he was looking towards Mana for a moment in time to see what she thought. "I need no guardian." was all the fiery haired female said before she was turning on her heel and walking out. Although if anything she was hurt that Leo was deciding to leave, because if he went to the front lines then she was rarely going to see him.... if ever. Marcus just watched her leave before he spoke, "It takes her a bit to get use to new people."

"that is fine my lord do you mind if I go and speak with her privately" Freya knew the female was upset she could see it in her face. while she didn't think Mana would take to her right away she had a feeling that they could become friends if they tried

"You are her guard now. Don't be alarmed if she doesn't take to you right away. Also she is blind, but this is something that she keeps hidden. Not wanting to feel like a burden. So if you can avoid bringing it up, do that. Just give gentle nudges to guide her, or when you two truly come to trust each other... she may ask to see the world through your eyes." Marcus spoke after a moment in time before he was giving the woman leave.

"yes sir" Freya then headed off after her calling out once she was outside "miss if you would wait up please" it wouldn't be hard for her to catch up but she didn't want to be rude either.

Mana could hear the woman call after her although by the time she heard her, Mana had already stopped walking. She was standing in the garden, in her usual spot just gazing up towards the sky. Not that she could actually see it but she could imagine what it looked like.

"miss are you ok" Freya stopped next to her and looked at her not saying anything to her about her eyes but she did have to wonder if she was ok or if there was more going on in her head then what she knew

"I am fine....." Mana spoke after a moment in time before she was taking a few steps backwards until the back of her knees hit the edge of the fountain. From there she was sitting down, using her hands to guide her when she was able to touch it. "It is Mana when it is just us." was all she said after a moment in time.

"of course Mana but I know something is bothering you I saw it on your face when you realized Leo was going to the front lines." Freya wondered if the two didn't have a thing for the other but never acted on it

Mana just ended up looking away quickly when the female spoke, and was hiding the faint flush that was on her cheeks. "I.... Ummm...." she started before she was giving a small sigh and just clutching her hands on her lap. "Leo is the only one who understands other than my brother and my father, the only one that I can trust. And.... he has been there for me all the time. Through everything. And now he is leaving....even though he.... he promised he wouldn't leave."

Freya touched her shoulder lightly "not everyone can keep their promises Mana but there may be a reason behind his decision to move to the front lines." Freya felt back for her as she was so confused as to why Leo decided to leave her and go to the front lines. to be honest, even she was a little confused since he had gone and made the request without speaking to Mana or Riley first.

Mana just gave a soft sigh before she spoke, "But I'm not surprised all at the same time. Most people tend to leave us. After all we are the children of a vile man, or so everybody says. And I.... I'm just an experiment. Nothing more to the eyes of some."

Freya touched her shoulder "if he truly thought of you that way he would never have stayed with you for so long" Freya shifted a little and then looked around "maybe if your father told the people what he was trying to do and maybe use his experiments to help those who are sick they would look at him in a different light"

"Father is afraid because already the rebellion targets him, because they don't understand. Humanity is a dying breed. Those with abilities are experiments..... we are the next generation. We are what will make humanity live on, even after all of the normal humans have dyed off." Mana spoke after a moment in time as she stroked her kitten's head, just listening to the tiny creature purr before she was picking her up and holding her close to her chest gently.

"fear is holding him back" Freya rubbed her back lightly.

(gonna do a small time skip)

Six months later Leo had been on the front lines not once returning to the manor as dealing with the rebels as not long after he had put Hope into stasis a new leader had taken over and this one was crueler and more determined to take the leader out so attack on the manor had become more common and the front line division he ran had been tasked with guarding it. while Leo was in the middle of a battle a hooded figure had managed to slip into the manor and headed down to where Hope was. once the figure found her they reed her and wisked the weak female out of the manor and to a cabin in the woods

Six months had gone by and it seemed like somebody else had taken over the rebels, and the attacks had just seemed to get worse and worse. Almost annoying really, although the rebels hadn't been able to really get far into the mansion, not with the front line defending it. And at that point in time a very pissed off Mana, especially since her father had gotten hurt by one of the rebels. Getting close to the mansion wasn't an easy thing, or if you did you were in for a world of nightmare illusions. Or random stuff flying out of them from out of nowhere. Who would have figured that at some point in time, Riley would be making his way towards the front lines with Mana in tow, to fend off the rebels that were attacking at the time.

Back
Top Bottom