Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Change (LunarWolf and GuardianAngel)

LunarWolf

Cluster
Centuries after the great fall in which every nation fell, their economies collapsed, their militaries unable to protect them. after all of this one community stands tall. the leader of this community is seen as a fair man and when rumors of human experimentation start flowing around the man instantly denies it and tells the people not to worry, but deep under his home and the capital are the labs in which him and his son are doing human experimentation to give humans a better chance at surviving. At the same time, they are having to deal with a band of Rebels who are slowly gathering followers. the leader of this is unknown while they believe the leader is a past experiment that had gotten free they can not be sure. While the Rebels are working hard to free the people being experimented on they are also the cause of the rumors making it so that the leader is constantly dealing with them and having to lie to the people.

Hope stood on the outskirts of the great city as she looked over everything, while she did her eyes glowed lightly as the wind brought her the news of things going on in the city. Hope was the only living child that she knew of, of an experiment and had her own powers. unlike everyone else, she had perfect mastery of her powers as she had grown up with them. Hope pulled her cloak off and hung it up and headed for the leaders' house as her boyfriend lived there.

For a number of years, the leader of one of the last remaining communities had been doing secret experiments in labs hidden below that of his home and the capital that he ruled over. The experiments were done in an act to safe humanity, since it seemed that they were slowly dying out at that point in time. Never once had it been just because he wanted to create an army of supersoldiers, but it was because he wanted to save humanity. Although unfortunately most of his experiments had failed. Most people that were tested on ended up dying after a number of years, obviously the calculations being wrong which always meant going back to the drawing board. Only three of his experiments had ended up giving birth to children, one of which had been his own wife when she had been pregnant with their first child, a sweet little baby girl. Both his wife and child had survived, although when his daughter was born, his wife lost all of her abilities as if by magic, and it hadn't seemed like his daughter had obtained any of them either. At least not until she was a year old, and things seemed to be flying around the room whenever she was throwing a temper tantrum. The man ended up deciding that he was going to continue testing on his own daughter, since she seemed to be reacting better than anybody else in which he had been testing on. Three years went by and his wife ended up giving birth to a boy, although at that point in time he had taken a small break on the experiments that he had been preforming on his daughter.... because he wanted to see how his most recent experimentation session on her had gone.

This had been twenty-five years ago since this had occurred. Riley had just turned twenty-two years old and was standing next to his father, standing down in the labs as they were looking at their most recent experiments. Once again, it seemed like their bodies were giving out on them a lot sooner than what they expected. It was beginning to get quite annoying. Granted they had a number of successful experiments that were out roaming the streets, and living their own lives, but they still wanted more. There was no where close enough for if humanity all of a sudden died. Which was a bit irritating. "I'm going to head back up to the mansion. The girlfriend is coming over soon." Riley spoke after a moment in time which was having his father giving a nod, and shooing him off so that he could head up stairs. After that the older man was walking over to a separate room where there was a different large experimentation tube, where a young woman with fiery red hair floated in the liquid, a few needles in her arms. He was going over and reading the vitals for a moment, assured that everything was going alright with the young woman. Who exactly was she? His own daughter, twenty-five year old Mana. Why exactly was she in that strange experimental tube? Because he had just gotten done with some new experiments a few days ago, and this was making sure that her body was doing alright at the time.

For a while Mana just floated there although she could hear the voices that were around her. Psychic abilities were something that she had inherited from her mother. Telekinesis, telepathy, and she was able to cast illusions. Although those weren't her only abilities that she had obtained through her father's experiments. She was also ability to manipulate and control gravity, which was most definitely a very difficult power to master but she had managed to do that. Other than that like many of the other experiments her senses were enhanced, and she was a bit faster and stronger than the normal person. Although the one thing that Mana didn't possess was sight. Her father had been trying to enhanced her sight even more, although it had resulted in blinding her. Not that it really hindered her much, not with her enhanced senses, and there was usually always somebody with her. But her most unique ability, in which only she possessed, was power sensing. She could sense another person's powers, even if they were trying to hide them, she could still tell that there was an ability. Not what in specific, just that there was one. This made runaway experiments a lot easier to catch since they all had an ability of some sort, no matter how pathetic it was.

Marcus, the father of Riley and Mana, was looking over at the guard that was in the room before he spoke, "When this finishes draining, kindly assist her. Go through the usual checks, making sure her senses are fine, her walking, ect."

Leo nodded his head and then bowed "of course sire is there anything else you need for me to do" the male then stood back up and wondered if there was any news on who the rebel leaders was, as the leader was still trying to find out about the person so that he could take them out and end the rebellion.

Hope smiled when she saw Riley and then waved from where she had been stopped at the gates. for some reason, the guards refused to allow her past the front gates even though they knew she was dating him. "hey how is your family doing?" while she had never met them Hope always told him to tell his family she said hi as she liked being polite and figured even if they never met, they would know she did think about them

Marcus was shaking his head before he spoke, "No nothing at that point in time. If there is anything that Mana wishes for you to do, help her as usual." With that he was turning and heading out of the room, the process starting for the liquid to drain out. Once it was fully drained then the tube would open up, and hopefully she would be able to stand on her own, if not she would be collapsing to the ground, but that process would take a couple of minutes.

Riley was heading outside towards the gates and was waving towards Hope for a moment in time. "They are doing well. Shall we go out for lunch? I'm starving." was all he could say with a faint chuckle. Although he could feel the faint tingle of magic and knew that his sister was awake again, although not many people knew that he even had a sister.

"that sounds like fun" Hope smiled and when he stepped out next to her she took his hand and they headed to where they were going to have lunch. Hope was glad they were doing ok and that he had had time to join her "I am so glad you were able to join me today you have been so busy recently so I didn't know if you would be able to join me" HOpe wasn't whining or pouting simply stating a fact.

when the water finished draining Leo had moved in front of her in case her legs couldn't support her and he would be there to catch her and keep her from falling and getting hurt. Leo knew if she felt someone with powers while they were together she would say something to him so that the person could be brought to the leader

Mana managed to fall on her feet when she dropped, although it was about then that she was falling into Leo's chest. Good thing she was use to something like this happening, every time it happened. "Leo. Always Leo." she mumbled after a moment in time. She recognized his smell, as strange as that sounded but it was what it was. That was the downfall of being blind, although it wasn't as if it really hindered her much. "A robe would be nice." she mumbled after a moment in time.

Riley was giving a faint chuckle before he spoke, "Yes I've been pretty busy with work recently. Otherwise I would have gotten with you sooner, but I couldn't really get away." With that he was shrugging a bit and continuing off towards where they were headed. Their normal place to eat.

"of course miss lets get you sitting first" Leo helped her sit down and then reached over and grabbed her robe and wrapped it around her shoulders "what would you like to eat miss I can ask the kitchen to have it ready and waiting in your room when we get there." Leo made sure she was covered before he moved back since he knew she wouldn't be pleased if he didn't.

Hope smiled a little and then walked with him her smile falling a little. Hope could tell he was keeping something from her and she didn't like it but then again she was keeping something from him but her obligations never kept her from spending time with him. Hope knew there would be an attack that day however she wasn't expecting to be part of it and when an arrow was shot at them she screamed and brought her arms up air repelling the arrow from hitting them but it landed rather close

"Father isn't around, it is Mana. We go over this every time." Mana spoke in a soft voice after a moment in time before she was drawing the robe closer to herself then was tilting her head when she was asked what she wanted to eat. This had her shaking her head a bit before she spoke, "I'm not quite sure what I want to eat. Maybe just some soup to start with."

Riley was giving a chuckle as he walked with her before he was looking around. Although things did end up kind of going to hell when an arrow was all of a sudden flying at them and the arrow seemed to be magically landing close to them. But by Hope's movements.... it had been her doing. Was it possible that she was an experiment as well? She would have to introduce Hope to his sister and have Mana tell him if she had an ability or not.

Hope shook a little the fact that they had come after the two of them was not ok. she would have to be careful when she yelled at her people later but for now, she looked at Riley "what happened who did that she knew she had to act stupid or risk giving out her secret.

Leo looked at her and nodded his head lightly "sorry but some habits are hard to break"

Riley was just looking towards her for a moment in time before he spoke, "More than likely the rebels. They have been causing nothing but issues at this point in time." With that he was just shaking his head a bit before continuing on with his walking, and was shaking his head slightly.

Mana just gave a soft giggle before she was actually reaching up and touching his face lightly.

Leo blinked a little and looked at her "let's get you to your room so you can rest up and relax" Leo helped her up so that they could walk to her room.

Hope nodded her head and walked with him so they could go and eat

Mana gave a small smile before she was setting to her feet with his help and they were leaving that room, so that they could leave the labs. The female was a bit startled upon feeling the cold cement floor under her feet but at the same time it didn't really bother her all that much. "Where is my brother? Do you know?" she questioned after a moment in time.

Riley lead her into their usual restaurant and the person that owned the place was greeting them. "Young master, I hear that a young woman has been seen in the palace. One that isn't apart of the staff." the man spoke after a moment in time, almost implying that he was perhaps screwing around with somebody else. This had Riley laughing before he spoke, "That is my elder sister. She left a number of years ago to go and visit the world, and help where she could. She just returned a few months ago."

"he is currently out with his girlfriend he has been breaking a lot of dates recently so he made sure that he didn't break this one" Leo helped her to her room and soon some soup was being brought in to her so she could eat. while it was hot she would be able to feel the heat and would know to be careful.

Hope giggled a little when she heard the owner and then smiled at him "Riley told me she was back when she arrived so I am not worried we just haven't had a chance to meet with her" Hope then ordered her food and drink and then looked at Riley with a smile

Riley looked towards Hope for a brief moment in time before he spoke, "You may or may not get to meet her. She isn't a huge fan of new people. Although it is hard for her to deal with new people. She is blind."

Mana was giving a faint nod of her head before she spoke, "Oh. Do you know anything about this woman?" With that she was sitting on her bed once they arrived them before inviting Leo to sit with her, and offering him some of the other foods that were on the tray. They had sent up far more than just the soup it seemed.

"it is fine really I understand you told me this when we met I have not and will not pressure you into meeting your family" Hope thanked their server when their drinks were brought and sipped at hers.

"not really I haven't even met her why do you ask" Leo knew she would have questions about the female so he was curious as to what she wanted to know

Mana just gave a small giggle before she spoke, "I have to keep tabs on my baby brother. I have to know that he is sa....." Mid-sentence she was just kind of cutting off and tilting her head ever so slightly. Oh well those were some unusual thoughts for people to have within the mansion, and they weren't minds that she recognized at all. And her father usually introduced her to new people whenever he brought them in, so that she could get to know them and not be alarmed if she ran into them. "There are some unwanted thoughts. In this wing. A room two doors down on the left. They speak of discovering father's secrets and reporting to the rebellion." she spoke after a moment in time.

Riley gave a faint chuckle before he spoke, "Although I'm sure I could convince her to leave the mansion for the first time in forever since she got back. Typically she is hanging out with her guardian Leo. I hope I see them together as a couple, they are so cute together. And he cares for her." With that he was thanking the server as he brought their drinks over.

Leo nodded his head "stay in here I am locking the door behind me" Leo then stepped out and after locking the door Leo took several more guards and they headed to the room she had said so that they could capture the person them.

Hope giggled "that would depend on if they think of each other that way" Hope smiled at him "no rush if your sister wants to come out then she will"

Mana was giving a nod of her head before she was picking up her bowl of soup so that she could sip at it, just listening to the door close and hearing the faint click of the lock. Usually one would be worried if they thought that they were being locked in, but her door only locked from the inside. So unless one had the key they couldn't get in, or else Mana had to unlock the door for them. Although she wouldn't usually do that unless she knew who it was.

Riley gave a faint chuckle before he spoke, "Well he has always been there for her." With that he was looking at the server as they came back over so that they could see what the pair wanted to eat.

Leo knew that they were going to have be careful when they walked into the room since they didn't know if the person there was armed or not. Leo didn't ask Mana these types of questions simply to keep her from getting upset or freaking out on him. when they walked into the room the guards and himself took out three people. after restraining them he had them taken to the cells meant for people like this

"that doesn't mean that he see's her romantically" Hope gave the server her order and then waited for Riley to do that same so that they could be alone for a little bit

Mana just sipped at her soup and could tell from the thoughts that the people had been caught.... three of them anyways. Wait where the fourth person. Oh it seemed like they were a teleporter, and had taken to teleporting into her room to hide. Shame for them that she didn't take kindly to unwanted visitors. "You were better off staying with your companions." was all the young woman said, and her telekinetic ability was wrapping around the person to keep a hold of them, and she was getting to her feet, and gliding towards the door which she was unlocking and opening, the prisoner floating out into the hallway just as the guards were coming out of the other room. This had them giving questioning looks and Mana was speaking, "His ability is teleportation."

Riley was giving the server his order as well before he spoke, "That may be true but.... I'm going to keep telling myself that they are going to end up together someday." With that the server was walking off as well, and he was listening to his sister's soft mental voice as she was telling him about the rebels that had been in the palace.

Leo walked up and gently touched her face "your ok right?" Leo didn't want to have to explain to her father why he wasn't by her side if she was injured as he had been tasked with keeping her safe. Leo then listened as a guard said they would let the leader know once they were all settled and their powers blocked so they couldn't get loose and cause problems again.

Hope nodded her head as she listened to him and then thanked the server when their soups were brought to them since that was the starting course. HOpe help back a grimace when she took a sip of hers and found it cold. channeling heat through her hands while he wasn't looking she heated her soup up and made sure that it was palatable before she started eating again.

Mana was giving a nod before she spoke, "Yes I am fine. No need to worry." With that she was allowing her grip on the male to vanish after the guards had grabbed a hold of them. Although this small usage of magic had her swaying every so slightly. Okay she wasn't up to par on her energy quite yet it seemed.

Leo caught her just to be safe before he guided her back to her bed "you need to rest now and get your strength back" Leo didn't like when she pressed herself right after one of her fathers experiments

Mana was giving a nod before she mumbled, "I know, I know. Will you stay with me for a while?" Pretty normal for her to ask that, especially considering for the next few hours she was definitely going to be in a more vulnerable state.

"of course you know I will"once he got her settled he urged her to eat some more as it helped her out in the long run so that she wasn't weak longer then she needed to be

Back
Top Bottom