Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

"The assassins you sent!" He snapped, shaking her roughly, "The one with your crest! The one that nearly slit my throat the other day!"

Megohime flinched and shied away. “I didn’t send any assassins! I wouldn’t!” She cried, shaking her head. “I had nothing to do with it!”

"Don't lie to me!!" Masamune screamed.
"Masamune-sama," the Leader of Oshuu's dark gaze snapped to the head of the Tamura clan, "You said our crest was found among the assassins?"
"Did I fucking stutter?" Masamune hissed. Kiyoaki frowned heavily.
"There have been those in the Tamura family who do not agree with yours and Megohime's union. Perhaps it was one of them. I will look into it for you. Just please...please do not hurt my daughter."

Megohime wept softly, shaking, but not trying to pull away from Masamune. She knew he was stronger than her, and he had his swords out, he could easily cut her down from behind if she tried to run. Her heart was heavy, heavy at the loss Masamune had made her suffer.

Masamune looked to Megohime and he scowled before dropping her, storming out of the room. Kiyoaki moved to Megohime and held her close, shielding her from the sight of her slain maidens and wet nurse. Kojurou stood silently, knowing Masamune would need a moment.

Megohime held onto her father like a young child, crying softly, unable to look behind her at the carnage behind her. She had seen plenty of carnage before, but never of people who she knew.

Kiyoaki took Mego away to help calm her and Kojurou helped the servants clean up and take the bodies for burial.
"I'm so sorry, Yoshi.." Kiyoaki said softly.

Megohime couldn’t speak, only shaking her head as she was walked to a guest room while her room was cleaned up.

Megohime drank her tea, but otherwise was inconsolable, laying in bed and staring blankly at the wall as tears continued to drip down her face.

Masamune didn't stay, but Kojurou did, to help them with anything they may need.
"I can only ask that you forgive Masamune-sama." Kojurou said, sitting in Kiyoaki's meeting room with him and Okita, "His temper is not a strong suite."
"To come into my home and murder people so close to his wife is deplorable," Kiyoaki stated, "I will not allow my daughter to live so close to such danger. She will stay here."
"Tamura-sama." Kojurou tried to argue but Kiyoaki held up his hand to silence him.

“Father.” It was Megohime, standing in the doorway, still looking quite the mess- her hair was partially undone, and her clothes still wrinkled from laying in bed, making it quite clear she hadn’t bothered with her appearance. “I’m leaving with Kojurou.” She said softly.

"Yoshi..."
"Out of the question!" Kiyoaki told her, "I will not have you stay with that madman!"
"It would be wise not to disrespect my lord in front of me." Kojurou said lowly.

“That madman is also my husband.” Megohime came into the room, slowly pulling her clothes smooth. “And I will go where he goes. I’m leaving in the morning.” She said softly, voice heavy.

Megohime could hardly look at her father, wanting nothing more than to return to her bed. “Kojurou,” She turned to the retainer, meeting his eyes. “I would be honored if you accompanied me tomorrow to Yonezawa castle.” She bowed her head to him. “Please remain here tonight so that we may depart in the morning.”

Megohime lifted her head, bowing once more to her parents before leaving silently for her make-shift bedroom.

Megohime stopped when she heard Kojurou, turning slowly to look over her shoulder at him, but saying nothing.

He stopped before her and bowed deeply at the waist, "I want to apologize on Masamune-sama's behalf. What he did was abhorrent and uncalled for. I will make him apologize when we get to the estate."

“No.” Megohime said softly. “This is not your burden to bare,” She turned her head away. “We all must grow up one day, and I suppose today is my turn.” She left without another word, leaving Kojurou by himself.

The rest of the day went on rather solemnly; a small funeral was held for Megohime's sake, Kojurou standing a few feet away to show his respect.

Megohime and Kojurou departed the next morning as she had requested, taking with her only a few essentials, and sending the rest of her clothing by courier.

"I truly am sorry for your loss, Megohime-dono.." Kojurou said, "I know you don't wish to bring it up anymore, but I just wanted to give my final condolences.."

Back
Top Bottom