Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

DarkMudkip

Cluster
"Can't believe I have to travel near halfway across Oshuu just to see my own wife." Masamune grumbled irately, "This is stupid. She's stupid."
"She isn't stupid, Masamune-sama, she isn't ready to make the move, it's fine." Kojurou told his lord. They were riding to Miharu Castle to have a feast with his wife, Megohime, and her parents. He hated it, married for over a decade and she refused to live with him. It was ridiculous.

At the Takeda estate, as Yukimura trained with his spears, gentle footfalls padded across the deck before the soft clatter of a kettle alerted the young Cub to a new presence.
"Ano..." It was his wife, Akihime, a timid woman who had been married into the Sanada household by order of her lord, Hideyoshi, "Yukimura-sama...I have prepared tea, and it is quite lovely out today. Perhaps you could...spare a moment and share it with me?" She was beyond beautiful, so much so that the soldiers stopped to behold her with bated breath as she passed.

His wife, Megohime, was a rather difficult woman in his eyes; she refused to bed him after their initial marriage consummation, and wouldn’t even sleep in the same room as him when he visited. She did seem to get rather flustered whenever he got too close, but still, she was his wife. However much they were apart, she still told him she held feelings for him, remaining loyal to him and even familiarizing herself in diplomatic matters to assist him- if he ever allowed her to help him.

Yukimura himself was not blind to Akihime’s beauty, always getting distracted and flustered when she was around. The marriage was one of diplomacy, purely out of a union of clans to further power, but he would be lying if he didn’t find his wife attractive both in appearance and ethically. She was a quiet spoken woman who was as kind as she was beautiful- a year ago he never would have thought much of her, other than her youthful and beautiful appearance, but now it was just plain hard to not think about.
Nearly stumbling when he saw her, he nodded, cheeks already dusted pink. “O-Of course!” He moved over, laying his spears away from Akihime and sitting with her, watching her delicate hands pour the tea.

When they arrived at Miharu castle, they left their horses with the stable boy before heading up to the entrance. Kiyoaki was waiting for them, smiling brightly.
"We are so glad to have you honor us today, Masamune-sama. Yo- ah, pardon, Megohime will be out shortly." Kiyoaki said. Masamune merely waved his hand.
"Let her take her time.." He said before heading inside.

Akihime's cheeks were as red as his jacket as she prepared cups for the both of them. Though he could see how nervous she was to be so close to him, her motions were fluid and precise. "Your skill with your jumonji yari has improved vastly since the last time I have seen you use them, inside and outside of battle." She praised gently, "You grow stronger by the day, my lord husband."

Once he opened the door to the main entrance, he was greeted by the sight of his wife, Megohime. She was in no way a homely woman, with smooth pale skin, dark eyes and a small figure, she was rather beautiful- especially her hair. She had long, thick raven-black hair, which she had styled in a half-up do for his visit, still wearing the same floral and butterfly hair pin she always wore, the one Masamune had given to her for a wedding gift. She hid her painted face behind her sleeve, averting her eyes when she saw Masamune, bowing her head to him silently; as flustered as always.

“A-Arigatou!” It was almost painful to watch the two, both of them were so painfully green, stiff, and clearly neither of them had attempted consummation. He gently took the tea cup from her, being as careful as he could, Akihime did look as fragile as a flower, a stunningly beautiful flower.

Masamune moved over to her and bowed to her before gently taking her hand to keep her from hiding from him.
"Breath taking as always, Mego.." He told her with a gentle smile. Sure, she infuriated him with her bratty nature and snide remarks, but he loved it about her. Her spunk was refreshing; all he ever heard day in and day out was 'yes, hitto', it was kinda nice to hear someone back talk him every once in a while.

His fingers brushed against hers and she nearly dropped the cup, her entire face burning a bright crimson. A year they had been married and they still acted like they were bashful lovers.
"C-Careful, it's hot! Please do not burn yourself!" She sputtered in a flush.

Her whole face went red up to her ears, and her eyes widened a bit, looking mortified that he had taken her hand in his own. Usually, had he given her such a compliment, she would’ve simply dismissed him, but since he disarmed her by taking her hand first, she was vulnerable.
“A-Arigatou..” She said softly, letting her gaze drop to the floor. She was always so excitable when it came to physical contact, especially in front of others; it was a miracle he even got her to agree to sex on their wedding night. He felt a small squeeze from her hand, but she did nothing else to show her affections, not while Kojurou was there.

Yukimura looked down at the steaming tea and nodded. “Ah... Th-Thank you..” He said, then started to blow on his tea gently.

"Masamune-sama has traveled for quite a while, child. Why not prepare him and Katakura-sama some tea?" Kiyoaki suggested. Kojurou moved to Masamune and nudged him in the ribs, causing him to grunt and glare. The Right Eye made a motion with his head and Masamune perked.
"Oh, right, I brought you a gift." He took his hand away briefly to pull a pouch from his sash, "It's a jade necklace. I know you already have a ton of jewelry but I felt like you would look really lovely with it."

"Oh my God, can you two even kiss without apologizing to each other?" Sasuke's voice sounded. Akihime was already so embarrassed with herself that Sasuke's comment only made her feel more shame, but she stayed in her spot as she shook violently. Not a peep did she sound.

Megohime blinked and glanced up at Masamune, then carefully took the pouch when he held it out to her. She stared at it for a moment, then quickly pocketed the gift in her sleeve without so much as looking at it. She turned on her heel, stopping only to speak. “I’ll start the tea now.” Was all she said before she left without letting her husband reply- yup, there was her prickly attitude. What, had she not been satisfied with her gift? She was always so hard to read.

“S-Sasuke!” Yukimura looked up to the tree in the courtyard, not even hearing the Shinobi when he came, or perhaps he had been there before the both of them. “You’ve returned from your mission!” There he went again, completely dismissing the ninja’s remarks, either too embarrassed to acknowledge them, or too dense.

Masamune huffed and followed after her.
"What, you don't like it?" He asked, "You didn't even look at it!" Kojurou sighed softly and followed after his lord to keep him from getting too angry.

"Yeah, just got back and saw you two bein' all awkward. I dare you to hold her hand without blushing even one shade." Sasuke said. Akihime stiffened ad lowered her head.
"Y-Yukimura-sama doesn't have to touch me if he doesn't want to."

Megohime didn’t answer her husbands query, simply showing him to the tea room before leaving them to get water and cups from the kitchen.
Once away from Masamune and Kojurou and alone in the safety of the kitchen, Megohime carefully unwrapped the cloth from the jade necklace Masamune had brought her. It was beautiful, just like every other gift he brought her, and it made her heart skip a beat, but it didn’t feel right accepting such a gift. She carefully returned the necklace to its bag and hid it back in her sleeve, a feeling of guilt growing as she prepared the tea kettle.

Yukimura felt his ears burn. “I-I cannot rightfully do such an intimate act with my wife before another man!” He protested, clearly embarrassed by the mere idea.

Masamune grumbled irately as he sat in wait. How rude, the nerve she had just ignoring the gift he bought her. She was such a brat.

Sasuke slowly blinked his eyes before making a face and covering his eyes, "Better?"
"S-Sasuke, you're so rude to your master!" Akihime chastised weakly. Though she would be lying if she didn't want to feel Yukimura's hand in hers. How promiscuous of her to have such desires.

After a while, Megohime entered with the tray of tea, setting in before the three and sitting, preparing the tea silently. As she whisked the tea, she glanced at Masamune from the corner of her eyes, the only noise in the room being her making the tea, and the soft tinkle from her hair pin. Setting a cup in front of Masamune first, she served his tea, then Kojurou, then her Father. After the three were served, she poured a cup for herself, drinking silently.

Akihime heard the soft tink of ceramic on wood as Yukimura set his cup down, then Akihime felt Yukimura's hand in her free one. His face was red, and he kept his gaze down, finding it almost lewd to show such affection in public.

"Arigatou, Megohime-dono." Kojurou said softly, drinking his tea. Masamune sipped it and pulled the cup back, eye zoning in on Megohime.
"It tastes burnt."
"Masamune!" Kojurou scolded. Kiyoaki only smiled as he gratefully drank the tea his daughter prepared.

"Told you you couldn't do it without blushing." Sasuke smirked, peeking through his fingers. Akihime felt like she was going to faint, her head feeling light.
"A-Ama, remove Sasuke immediately!"
"Uh-oh." Sasuke sat up quickly, looking around for the snow haired woman.

Megohime scowled at her cup, shooting a glare at Masamune. “Then don’t drink it.” She hissed bitterly, taking another sip from her own cup. Burnt? He was lying, the tea tasted completely fine, he was just full of shit; she hadn’t burnt the tea since she was seven.

“Of course, Akihime-sama.” The spot in the tree above Sasuke shimmered, Amaya coming into view, using the ice crystals to refract the light and make her appear to only be apart of the trees. “I’ll ask you to please remove yourself from this area, Sarutobi.” She said calmly.

"Make me a new cup." Masamune demanded, setting his cup down. Kojurou scowled heavily.
"Masamune, you aren't 13 anymore, you can't act like this."
"What, she can't even make me a simple cup of tea that doesn't taste like crap then she isn't a very good wife."
"Masamune."
"Ah, to be young and in love." Kiyoaki mused with a smile.

"Hey, Amaya! Back so soon? I thought for sure that mission would take you longer. Guess I underestimated you." Sasuke grinned.
Akihime hesitantly pulled her hand from Yukimura's and bowed her head.
"Please forgive my perverse behavior, Yukimura-sama..." She said quietly.

“There’s no more water in the kettle, you’ll have to make it for yourself.” Megohime said, glaring at Masamune, not moving an inch from her spot. “You know where the kitchen is.”

Amaya cut Sasuke off before he could finish his sentence. “Please remove yourself from this area.” She repeated, her icy gaze stuck on him.
Yukimura retracted his own hand, shaking his head slightly and quickly drinking his tea as so he wouldn’t have to speak.

"I asked you to do it." Masamune demanded, "While you're at it, gimme back the necklace. You clearly don't want it." Was that what he was making this huge huff about? Over a trinket he bought her on a whim?

"Alright, alright, I'm going." Sasuke said and vanished.
"Arigatou, Ama..." Akihime smiled softly, "I'm sorry to have you be so forward with your superior."

Megohime said nothing, now refusing to even look at Masamune. “Otou-san, Kojurou, can I offer anything to eat?” She asked, holding her cup in her lap. If he was going to behave like a child, she was going to treat him like a child.

Amaya turned to look at Akihime, bowing her head before leaving herself, allowing Akihime and Yukimura to have their time alone.

Kojurou saw Masamune move before Megohime and Kiyoaki did. He grabbed Masamune's wrist and kept him in place.
"Ho ho, Masamune-sama is quite rowdy today." Kiyoaki remarked in good humor. Masamune jerked his arm from Kojurou's grasp and kicked his still full tea cup across the room, shattering it against the wall before he stormed out. Kojurou sighed and turned to Kiyoaki.
"I will have a new tea set made to repay for Masamune-sama's behavior."
"Oh, never you worry, it was only a cup, we have many." Kiyoaki said. Kojurou nodded and looked to Megohime.
"Are you alright, Megohime-dono?"

((I guess we can come back to them...!))
"Jin-chan~" Mitsuhide moved over to the golden haired woman with his usual smile, "Nobunaga-sama has work for us to do~ more wickedness to cleanse~"

Megohime was holding her cup tightly, knuckles white as she stared intently at her empty cup. “I’m fine.” She said quietly, but it was clear she was startled by Masamune’s outburst. She set her cup on the tray and moved to clean up the broken shards of cup, setting them on the tray before mopping up the spilled tea with a rag. “Please excuse me.” She said, taking the tea tray and bowing her head to her father and Kojurou, then leaving the room quietly.

Jin was knelt before the small shrine of Buddha, prayer beads wrapped around her hands as she prayed, the scent of insense wafting throughout the room. She opened her eyes and turned to look at Mitsuhide, a soft frown on her face as she removed the beads from her hands and stood. “What would Nobunaga-sama ask of me?” She asked, turning to face him fully.

"She'll be alright. She's just like her mother, built like an oak." Kiyoaki smiled. Kojurou exhaled, frustrated with Masamune's behavior.
Masamune sat outside on the deck, arms folded tightly across his chest as he fumed and brooded.

"There is a temple built in Buddah's name but used to rob the people of their coin so the priests may live lavishly~ Nobunaga-sama does not wish for them to live while their people suffer~" Mitsuhide replied, "He has asked us to free the land of them."

Jin scowled softly, giving a small nod before moving to the far corner where she kept her weapon, a naginata. After she retrieved her weapon, she returned to Mitsuhide’s side. “Which province?” She asked, wanting to know of their destination.

She agreed to the mission and headed off with him. It disgusted her that men who promised themselves to be servants of the gods would do such an act; it was unforgivable.

Later that night at Miharu castle, Masamune and Megohime would be forced into the same room again, somewhat enjoying the meal that had been prepared for Masamune’s arrival. Megohime ate quietly while her father talked, seated beside Masamune but not looking at him.

Masamune didn't like being close to Megohime, he was still really upset with her.
"So, are there any plans for heirs? I would love a few grandchildren." Okita smiled. Masamune didn't look up from his food.
"No, I got a concubine for that." He answered. Kojurou choked on his food and shot Masamune a glare.
"Masamune."

They traveled in silence, as they usually did, Mitsuhide's smile never wavering.

Back
Top Bottom