Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

Megohime’s face twisted into an expression of frustration and anger, but she gave a nod. “Fine. But if my child is harmed, or worse..” He could see her shoulders shaking. “Just bring her back..?” She whispered.

Megohime hurried off in the direction she remembered as the way out of the jail, moving quickly but carefully to avoid any guards.

Masamune and Motochika had pushed through and dealt with a lot of Hanbei's men, Masamune's anger helping him steam forward toward the castle. Motochika dealt with the stragglers, those spared from Masamune's rage but not his own.
"Nana, as much as it pains me to leave Ryuunii-san on his own, he's on a war path. When we reach the castle, we find the men and the Fugaku and we get out of there. If we're lucky, Mori won't be hanging around."

"Yukimura-sama..." Akihime looked distressed from her spot on the deck, her hands playing with her prayer beads anxiously, "Am I wrong for denying Hanbei's summons to aid Hideyoshi...? My loyalties are solely with you, my husband, but...he did so much for me and my father. Praying for comfort does nothing and I receive no guidance from the heavens...I feel so lost..."

Nana looked up from reloading her pistols, giving a firm nod. “Aye.” She said, knowing they might lose the men they had just gotten back if they were to remain behind.

Megohime did her best to avoid Toyotomi men, but seeing as they were in the capitol, there was only so long she could avoid them before finally being spotted. Or at least, she thought she had been spotted; she had nearly run directly out into the path that would intersect with Mitsunari, but quickly ducked behind a corner, perhaps she was safe?

Motochika nodded and continued to cut down Hideyoshi's men. Masamune was angrier than ever, halfway through to the castle.

"Where do you think you're going...?" Mitsunari called, "You dare be so disrespectful to my lord Hideyoshi?!"

Megohime kept a hand clamped over her mouth as she steadied her breathing, listening carefully for the sound of approaching footsteps. She could hear nothing, and after a brief pause and no more noise from the hallway, she dared to peek out.

Megohime sucked in a breath of pain as he yanked her out from around the corner, instinctively reaching for her knife, but suddenly remembering it had been taken from her when she had been imprisoned.

Megohime hit the floor hard and felt tears burn at her eyes. She hadn’t even spent a full day with her child and already she was going to die? That was bullshit, it wasn’t fair. She kicked hard at his ankles and knees, even scrambling back up to her feet and trying to rush Mitsunari- if she was going to die, she was going to struggle to the bitter end. Attacking an armed man while being unarmed was a rather silly notion, but even so, she pulled her hair pin from her tussled hair and tried jabbing it into his chest, swiping at his face with it.

The pin hit his metal chest plate with a clang and he grabbed her wrist firmly, almost breaking it, "You will pay for striking me!" He yelled and rose his fist, his odachi discarded when she knocked him down. He punched her over and over, as hard as he could with his gauntletted fist.

Megohime could feel her brow split, her face bruise and swell as he continued to hit her. She tumbled off of him and onto the floor beside him, crying out. She could no longer see, blood dripping into her eyes and clouding her vision, but even then, she swung her sharp hairpin- now bent -around trying to stab it into any part of Mitsunari in an attempt to fend him off.

"Mitsunari-sama." It was Kojurou's voice, and Mitsunari's beatings stopped, "You should go find Hideyoshi-sama, help guard him."
"Who are you to order me around, turn coat?!" Mitsunari hissed.
"I will deal with her." Kojurou said.

Megohime was breathing hard from her struggle, turning her head to try and see Kojurou, but her vision was still blurred from her blood, and the other eye was starting to swell shut.

She felt Mitsunari drop her and storm away, grumbling disdainfully. She heard Kojurou move over and gently wipe the blood from her eyes with his handkerchief.
"I found her." He whispered, "I have her hidden in the side room just over here. Take her and go."

Megohime let out a sputtering sigh as fresh tears leaked from her eyes. “She’s okay then?” She asked, needing his help to sit up.

She nodded, hurrying to to the room he had hidden her child and carefully scooped up her child, holding her to her breast before looking to Kojurou with a nod.

Kojurou helped guide her through the castle, trying to get her out safely. When they reached the courtyard, Masamune had made his way to the castle and was standing across from them.
"You son of a bitch." He hissed lowly.

“Masamune..!” Megohime felt her heart flutter at the sight of her husband, just glad he was alive as she knew in her heart he was.

She looked to Kojurou with a frown, then to Masamune. “Masamune, you don’t understand the situation.”

"Please, feel free to fill me in." He growled. Kojurou frowned and lowered his gaze.
"I had to join them, to keep Megohime safe."
"Mego can take care of herself."

“I couldn’t!” She argued. “Not this time, I’d be dead, and so would Iroh.” She frowned deeply, her bruised face contorting in anguish. “They would have killed us both, they would’ve taken my baby.”

Back
Top Bottom