Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

The army returned to Oshuu and the Date estate, Megohime was checked over for her wounds, but other than a couple bumps and bruises and the cut above her eyebrow, she was unharmed.

"Hitto should be back any day now." They assured her, "He would never let anyone liie Toyotomi best him."
"Especially now that he's reunited with Katakura-sama!"

((Bluh!))

It was an early morning and days had passed since they had returned to Oshuu. Still no real sign of either Kojurou or Masamune. The men were losing hope for their lord to return, when suddenly there was yelling.
"Hitto!! It's Hitto!! He and Katakura-sama are back!!"

Megohime hadn’t been sleeping much regardless, both from caring for her newborn, and worrying over Masamune. When she heard her husband had returned, she was quick to head toward the cheering men, not even changing out of her night gown first, leaving Irohahime with her wet nurse.

Megohime didn’t bother waiting, she had been waiting long enough after all. She hurried passed the men and down the path toward Masamune.

Masamune's pace picked up before he was in a full on sprint, catching up to her and scooping her up easily, lifting her off the ground and spinning her.

Megohime hugged him tightly, feeling tears in her eyes as he swung her around. “I was starting to think you wouldn’t be coming back..!”

“Still, I worried..” She reached up to touch his face, gently, as it was a bit bruised and battered, much like her own.

She nearly smacked him, clearly not happy about having her face battered the way it was. “Hush..! You’re lucky I even came out to see you looking like this..!”

Megohime let out a huff, then slowly, her expression softened. “Did you... want to meet your daughter..?”

He smiled softly and nodded, "I'd love to meet her." He replied. Kojurou excused himself silently and went to go find Jin, he hadn't heard of her fate since he was captured.

Jin had been seriously wounded, but it wasn’t fatal. She lay resting in her room, finally able to move out of the infirmary and on her own after weeks of intensive care. Her wound was sore, but healing nicely.

Jin sat up in bed with a pained grunt, but her eyes widened in shock. “Kojurou...!” She managed out of bed and over to him, pulling him close in a tight embrace.

He held her against him and gave a sigh of relief, like he had been holding his breath. "I'm so glad to see you're alright. I was so worried."

Jin shook her head. “I was worried of your fate..!” She clutched his clothes tightly, not caring at all of what he was wearing. “Forgive me for being selfish, I prayed every night for only your return..!”

Back
Top Bottom