Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

He pulled his horse to a stop, his men and Motochika following him.
"What is Hanbei doing all the way out here?" Motochika pondered, "I don't trust it."
"Me neither." Masamune replied.

Hanbei didn’t seem to be in any particular rush, nor did he make any moves to advance, simply sitting atop his horse in wait, a faint smirk on his face as he watched Masamune, waiting for him to approach.

Hanbei didn’t dignify the taint with a response, dismounting his horse and moving forward, but keeping his distance. “I see you’ve allied with Chosokabe- which I commend you on, as seeing you are without your loyal-“ He chuckled softly. “I suppose he couldn’t be called that anymore now can he? Or were his actions that of upmost loyalty?” He turned his head slightly, motioning to someone behind him. “Regardless, I have brought you an incentive to bend your knee to Hideyoshi-sama- think of it as a gift from him, another chance.” A soldier came forward, a squirming baby swaddled in a blanket in his arms, which Hanbei took carefully. “Lay down your loyalties with Hideyoshi-sama, and surely he will return your daughter to you.”

Masamune's eye widened. Daughter? Megohime gave birth while trapped there? He forced himself to scowl and look away from the baby, locking his hard gaze with Hanbei's.
"How do I know that's even mine? You couldda just stole her from a woman nearby." He stated.
Motochika tried to keep still on his horse.
"Ain't right usin' a baby like that. Let me just kill him already." He muttered.

He only pet the baby’s face gently, rousing it from its sleep. “True, she doesn’t have a pedigree, but if you’re so willing to let your child go, then I’m sure she’ll make an excellent concubine.” The now fussing baby squirmed and whimpered, but Hanbei only soothed her once more. “I only came as a show of good faith; I’d return your remaining family, and in exchange, you would join us, as your Right Eye has.”

“Choose to believe it or not, the truth is that it is reality.” Hanbei said. “As for Megohime-dono, she’s met a more unfortunate fate.” He said, handing the baby back to the soldier. “Abandoning the child his wife gave her life to bring into this world, what a cruel husband.”

"You son of a bitch." He growled, "You've got a lot of nerve, thinking that spilling some bullshit would get me to join your shitty group of monkeys. If you aren't going to settle things here and now then I'll meet you at Osaka castle where I'll be taking back my wife, my daughter and my Right-Eye."

Last edited:
Hanbei shook his head. “You’ll be taking nothing, dear boy Masamune. Not only will there be nothing for you to take, you will not get the chance to take it, but the thought sounds entertaining, you struggling to take what no longer belongs to you.”

“I would stay to entertain you, but there are many preparations to be made. I hope you’ll forgive me and accept my stand in’s.” He said, turning his horse and trotting back down the path, leaving most of the forces he brought with him to stop Masamune, or at least slow him.

"I'll take your head for this!!" Masamune yelled, unsheathing his swords. Motochika moved off his horse and rushed over, his crew and Masamune's men rushing in to help.

Megohime paid on her side, bound and gagged in her cell. She was told many different things; that her execution was soon to come, that she’d stay in her cell until she died, that she was going to be sold off as a concubine- all of which very rightly so could’ve been true, but she didn’t know.

Megohime could hear the fighting outside, and when she did, started struggling against her binds. She knew her husband wasn’t dead, she knew he would come for her.
The door slid open, and she turned to see two Toyotomi Generals, one closing the door as the second moved toward Megohime. She felt her heart sink, she knew why they were there, and being unarmed and unguarded, they would more than likely get away with it. She struggled hard and screamed against her gag, kicking and fighting as he worked at her sash.

Kojurou knew Masamune would come soon, and he knew that he would have to fight his lord. His only redemption would be to get Megohime out safely. So he headed down to her cell to escourt her; if they were lucky they would find her baby along the way. As he grew closer, he heard the muffled screams and rushed to the cell, composing himself before he forced the door open quickly.

Kojurou’s eyes met upon a scene horrid enough to bring bile to his throat. A man was on top of Megohime, working at removing his fundoshi as another held her down by her shoulders, her robes pulled open and her fighting hard, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"K-Katakura-sama!" They gasped, "We were just-!" They didn't get to finish, Kojurou had cut them both down without a second thought.
"Are you alright, Megohime-dono?" He asked, moving over to help her.

Megohime rolled onto her side, still breathing heavily and crying against her gag, but nodded, doing her best to calm herself as Kojurou untied her wrists.

He freed her wrists and removed the gag from her mouth, "I'm going to get you out. Masamune-sama will be here soon. While you escape, I'll find your child."

“I’m going with you.” Megohime said as she quickly fixed her robes. “I’m getting my child back.”

“You’re asking me to leave my child behind and run?” She stood to her feet with a small wobble. “Don’t insult me.”

"I have already committed the ultimate sin against my Lord by betraying him. If you are hurt, I could never atone for what I have done." He said.

Back
Top Bottom